Gratitude Support Group

[MT...]

It may have been by the skin of my teeth  :D :D :D but I am ever so grtaeful I got through today and was able to eat something. I am also grateful after bad insomnia, and relentles anxiety that had me nearly losing the plot  :idiot: I got some sleep last night  ;D

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [MT...]

• [no...]

• [be...]

• [Ja...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm grateful for being able to get lost in good books and for surviving a challenging walk with a friend today.

Good for you MT :thumbsup: I am grateful that I've got a LOT more than I expected or could have dreamed I'd be able to today, being as I thought I'd either have to spend the day laying down or not doing more than basic stuff like weeing and drinking water as I felt so rough. :sick:

But I am surprised and delighted that my symptoms eased off enough for me to do various things at home and actually distracted me for once instead of racing to get things done in minutes even seconds on times before the symptoms became unbearable. I am also grateful that I am able to feel those 2 emotions as well surprise and delight instead of emotionally numb, desperate, and convinced its never going to get better, I am also grateful that I am aware of this too instead of pain and ever increasing symptoms drowning out everything other thought in my head. ;D 

And I am grateful to have found the ability to come post on the gratitude thread again as I didn't for a long time :) I am grateful I was able to eat my dinner relatively relaxed for the first time in ages as well as have food to eat without feeling mega stressed about noise and pain hypersensitivity that usually has me choking while trying to eat and hating it.

Nova, I'm thankful you've been able to access and express the gratitude in your heart again. I know how far away those feelings can be. For me, even following the practice without any of the feeling, even when bitterness is surging, has great benefits. Sometimes it seems the most necessary on the hardest days. I'm thankful for a quiet day today.

Nova, I'm thankful you've been able to access and express the gratitude in your heart again. I know how far away those feelings can be. For me, even following the practice without any of the feeling, even when bitterness is surging, has great benefits. Sometimes it seems the most necessary on the hardest days. I'm thankful for a quiet day today.

Hi MT  :hug: I totally agree with you  :thumbsup:

For today I'm thankful for:

- having roof over my head and food on the table

- being able to work from home

- having support of benzo buddies to help me through withdrawal

sometimes we gotta fake it till we make it :) XOX

I am grateful I managed to go for a walk for the first time in a while, it took a lot to push myself to do it but I did it :thumbsup: I am grateful I got some of my house work and some cooking done, and had a nice meal for dinner. I am grateful my low mood lifted, and I was able to make someone feel a little better about their symptoms. I am also grateful that I remembered to come here and express my gratitude today :)

I am grateful for my boyfriend, my parents, and you guys. I am grateful I have a roof over my head and food to eat. I am grateful that God has allowed me to wake up and see another day. I am grateful that I have money to buy my meds.

I am grateful for friends who help me get my head a little straighter and love me despite the mess. I'm also grateful for the meditation that Dr. Jennifer Leigh sent this morning for the list I subscribe to. For those who don't know, she's a psychologist who went through benzo wd and now writes and provides support. Today's writing was on gratitude:

https://injennifersgarden.com/2018/01/22/disappointed-youre-forgetting-this/?utm_source=Soul+Reminder&utm_campaign=3a4b572e6f-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0893daf88a-3a4b572e6f-338783237&mc_cid=3a4b572e6f&mc_eid=c9a3d8e5ae

That's really wonderful, MT. I'm grateful you posted that link! :)

Hi Gard  :hug: how are you doing now? I don't see much of you as your probably real busy now your a Mod, rather you than me bless you!  :hug:

It takes some guts to be going through your own struggle and the abuse the Mods get on here is awful at times. :( I couldn't do it it takes a special kind of person to deal with that pressure on top of withdrawal  And REAL patience, I would probably be on the ban on day one if I had to do your job I don't think telling people to go eff yer' self! for abusing me is allowed in the Mod bible  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Love and strength to you Gard :hug:

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I am grateful that today was a struggle but  I got through it  :thumbsup: I am grateful that although I had to give myself a proverbial  kick up the arse more than once today, I am grateful I was able to keep pushing and get some things done and not give up or give in like I felt like doing. I am grateful that although from the second I opened my eyes form a terrible night of not much sleep and badly disrupted sleep, I had a bad day of mood swings schizoid, to angry to down right homicidal at certain events happening to me real or over reaction to said events from the withdrawal. That I managed to contain it, how I don't know and not allow it to take over and explode  :D :D :D Boy it was hard!!!

I am grateful I have food as  after struggling to eat as my appetite was poor, or days of not eating at all I'm going through the ''hungry all the time'' episode again, an need to eat otherwise I'd be very mental! I'm sure its my blood sugar dropping too rapidly as we're prone to that in withdrawal and healing  not only that I can feel it happening too. Its like a form of temporary insanity beginning to rise and I have to fight not to go over the top then it subsides after eating  .. sometimes ::)

I am grateful for a nice BLT for breakfast this morning which I enjoyed very much,  the first one I've had in 18 months and I am grateful I thought to do it in the slow cooker .  I stopped eating cooked breakfast as there's no way I can stand over the cooker frying,  and very often I was ending up not eating at all all day, then I had an ah ha!! moment put in in the slow cooker for an hour it and  cooks its self :thumbsup: Okay it might not crisp and brown stuff off but its still well cooked and tasty, result!! ;)

I am grateful for a nice BLT for breakfast this morning which I enjoyed very much,  the first one I've had in 18 months and I am grateful I thought to do it in the slow cooker .  I stopped eating cooked breakfast as there's no way I can stand over the cooker frying,  and very often I was ending up not eating at all all day, then I had an ah ha!! moment put in in the slow cooker for an hour it and  cooks its self :thumbsup: Okay it might not crisp and brown stuff off but its still well cooked and tasty, result!! ;)

Nova -- Is this a crock pot?  I think I need one.  I am like you needing protein in the AM.  Eggs are getting to me and a production to make given my AM fog.  W

Nova -- Is this a crock pot?  I think I need one.  I am like you needing protein in the AM.  Eggs are getting to me and a production to make given my AM fog.  W

Hi WWB  :hug: Yes its a crock pot Crock-Pot Slow Cooker, 2.4 Litre - White  :) But any slow cooker will do I have another slow cooker  which is smaller again, 1Litre I had for year's I did have a larger one but it gave up using it in  the end  and gave it away as it was too much effort to lift it, wash it, while being so weak and constantly in pain. And you never know what's going to happen next with these symptoms. So I thought before I have an accident  smaller is better, I did the same with my pressure cooker got a smaller lighter weight, and you don't have to be hanging  around the cooker struggling trying to cook.

Its just a matter of timing its a LOT easier, and I can cook food in advance for days when I can't do anything, I also got a lot of bone and veg broth I did in the pressure cooker frozen, bolognaise I did in the slow cooker frozen. Ready cooked Chicken a whole one done in the pressure cooker in  took18 minutes  cooking then left it to stand until the pressure dropped by its self then froze it after cutting it up.

But make sure the pressure cookers got a PSI of 15 (Pounds per square inch) rating as their the best ones retain more nutrition and cook really fast which again retains a lot more nutrition. I use a Fagor xspress its the budget end but it got great reviews by a chef who demonstrated lots of different ones on youtube,  I got it off Amazon along with the small crock pot, I do more steaming than anything else in the pressure cooker so you can have a decent dinner done in minutes and refrigerate of freeze the extra food if you have any left :) I also down loaded the PDF users Manual for the Fagor, particularly for the cooking times and pressures of different food stuffs .

Thank you so much Nova for the info.  I'm going online today.  I don't know why I haven't looked into this sooner.  I am grateful to you and all my helpful BBers.

I'll give you an update. ( I'm choosing a smaller one, too).  W

Thank you so much Nova for the info.  I'm going online today.  I don't know why I haven't looked into this sooner.  I am grateful to you and all my helpful BBers.

I'll give you an update. ( I'm choosing a smaller one, too).  W

Glad it was helpful to you  8) I look forward to your update when your ready :thumbsup: Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I am grateful I got through another tough day although all I wanted to do after a night of barely any sleep.............again ::) Was lay down and try have a day off but that's impossible as I can't handle the non stop anxiety, and racing thoughts, well basically the mental and physical gets worse when I try to relax, so I just get up an try go with it the best I can. :thumbsup:

I am grateful I found a few things amusing today,  stuff online and certain memories and the fact I spotted a bad ass  very rude spoonerism' on 'Ice Age collision course' at 5am today, and was taken aback I  actually spotted it immediately :o. I found it funny I've got a lewd bawdy sense of humour on times ;) other people will find it shocking, nothing shocks me except these f-in drugs an what they've done to us all unbelievable :( So there's parts of my brains I think are no longer working or ever will again working behind the over whelming symptoms somewhere  ;D  So I am also grateful for spotting rude lewd stuff and laughing today,  moments of mirth in between suffering , am I ever grateful for those moments :smitten:

I am grateful I  was able to cook some in pressure cooker and eat, hang on  through today, :thumbsup: its been terribly hard.

I'm grateful for distracting TV on a day when my mind is competing in the Neurotic's Olympics (leading the pack). I'm also thankful that I can pass for normal when out and about despite the internal war zone so the people with butterfly nets don't chase me down ;D

I'm grateful for distracting TV on a day when my mind is competing in the Neurotic's Olympics (leading the pack). I'm also thankful that I can pass for normal when out and about despite the internal war zone so the people with butterfly nets don't chase me down ;D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ten years of colors muted in sunrises

Ten years in the shadow of my true self

I remember the vibrant red of Love

I recall the Summer warmth of orange

And the lavender brushed like harvest fields

Now my children’s faces are those lost sunrises

But the world’s color, not gone, but washed

Faded rainbows and light in the beauty of eyes

I have been imprisoned by poison in pills

I have been robbed of memories never made

But my words are vessels with hope in their hulls

They are still attached to the bright spectrum

And the words themselves attached to today

And thousands of tomorrows with new sunrises

The full hue of each horizon’s beautiful emotions

Ten years of colors muted in sunrises

Ten years in the shadow of my true self

I remember the vibrant red of Love

I recall the Summer warmth of orange

And the lavender brushed like harvest fields

Now my children’s faces are those lost sunrises

But the world’s color, not gone, but washed

Faded rainbows and light in the beauty of eyes

I have been imprisoned by poison in pills

I have been robbed of memories never made

But my words are vessels with hope in their hulls

They are still attached to the bright spectrum

And the words themselves attached to today

And thousands of tomorrows with new sunrises

The full hue of each horizon’s beautiful emotions

Aww! Thats very beautiful B3 :hug:  :smitten:

I am grateful I was able to get everything I needed to do today in my home today, and a text I was worried about sending had a positive result......apparently ::) we shall see ;)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: