Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Gratitude Support Group

[MT...]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [MT...]

• [no...]

• [be...]

• [Ja...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm grateful for a lovely vacation at the beach last week and being able to mostly enjoy the time with my family. This year wasn't nearly as miserable as the previous two.

I'm grateful I am still able to work (barely) during what I sincerely hope is the worst part - jumped two weeks ago and having serious insomnia and a bunch of other stuff. Grateful I could enjoy a swim with my daughter this week and will be spending time with a new friend with time to rest this weekend. Grateful for being able to be in the moment and still find beauty in things like sunlight on trees. Grateful for hope that after the last few brutal years maybe life will be brighter before very long.

I'm grateful to have felt pretty darn good this week, aside from some evening anxiety and parasthesia  . Grateful for a good night's sleep last night. Grateful for not being a dick and controlling my emotions the last couple of days at work, while equipment broke, although frustrating, it's no one's fault. Grateful for perspective and insightfulness. Grateful for all the newer people and what seems to be a flood of optimism. Grateful my truck still runs, grateful I'm still enjoying riding my bike. Grateful for distractions, they help during rough moments. Grateful to have had a lengthy conversation in a large group yesterday, while not panicking. Grateful for decaf coffee and rain. Seems our drought is lightening up a bit. Grateful for a beautiful couple sunrises this week. Grateful for this moment. Peace

I'm grateful for a fantastic massage that helped me relax and feel better overall. Thankful that my husband's trip to the ER didn't show anything too serious and he's starting to get better. So grateful it's the weekend. Even being so tired might be a good thing--perhaps it's a sign that sleep is getting ready to return.

I am grateful for the food I can eat.

I am grateful for clean water.

I am grateful for YouTube

I am grateful for the close friend I have made in these groups. He helps me everyday.

I am grateful for my favorite blanket.

I am grateful for hard waves as its a sign of more healing.

I am grateful for partial Windows as they make the waves more bearable.

I am grateful for the sun, the rain, clouds.

I'm grateful for a brilliant patch of daisies by the road that were happily showing off their simple glory.

I'm grateful for the small kindnesses between humans--smiles and offers of help in exercise class, friendly exchanges in the grocery store, tech support that is polite, a hug from my husband when I'm feeling all snarly inside.

I'm grateful for the playful chipmunks and squirrels in my yard that make me smile.

I'm grateful for the sensation of wind against my skin and the soothing ocean of sounds around me.

I'm grateful that I found a beautiful patch of gorgeous sun flowers on my sunset walk last night.  It was a joyful, peaceful and just plain old grateful moment.  :)

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n242/mysticfire83166/13891839_1453306361349790_563716860851433504_n.jpg

They were so cheerful.  I had to share.  Sunflowers thrust themselves up into the sky reaching for the sun.  Just like we do.  They shine - stand tall - just like we do!  :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm grateful that I found a Mom in similar life circumstances as myself.  Grateful that I can even function well enough to even do that.  Grateful that I am able to keep trying.  WBB

Hey Wanna, that's great news. Having someone to talk to like that is a tremendous blessing.

I'm grateful for being well enough to have a good friend of 33 years come visit. Even though at times it was challenging and I was coping with misery, it was distracting to have her here and I felt supported and loved. It was good to give that love and support back.

I'm grateful for the waterfall I was able to hike to and being able to float in inner tubes in the river.

Grateful that my amit. taper continues and will be over in a couple of weeks.

Dear Buddies,

I just want to say that I am grateful for the sense to go for a walk today to restore my very stressed and tired mind. I did about 2 miles around the seafront and back and I felt so much better after it. I was able to focus on more important things after my walk and stop the stress ball going around and around my mind as it does when I sit with it and nurse it. :thumbsup: 

Sending love and light to all buddies here. :smitten: Thank you for your wisdom. It has helped me and supported me hugely during this taper. :thumbsup:

Moya XXX

I'm grateful for having a good day at work. I tolerated the anxiety and discomfort better. I'm also grateful that sunflowers exist like the one Ever shared. I have one on a huge cutting board in my kitchen to cheer and inspire me.

I am grateful for the two butterflies I have seen. I asked God to please send me a sign that I will make it through to the other side. After that, The first butterfly I saw was at a park so I thought it was coincidence. Then this morning, my attention was diverted to a butterfly that was visible right from my balcony.

I'm grateful for a good Skype with a friend and some down time today and tomorrow. I'm grateful for every break in my schedule as I seem to need quite a bit of unstructured time or I get overstressed.

I'm grateful to see my ticker moving towards 4 months free of benzodiazepines and 3 months free of gabapentin.  My brain is busy working on healing.  I can feel that every day and I know that even if I don't see it, the cellular healing is happening on the inside and eventually the outside will reflect this.  I am well, am managing the insane stress at work without getting caught up in it and I have so much faith in my ability to complete this road to healing.  No fear; only compassion for myself and others.  Life truly is good.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n242/mysticfire83166/IMG_0904.jpg

Super week! Grateful for: seeing my Mom after months, having a loving meeting and seeing her new assisted living home. Meeting the folks there and getting good professional responses.

25 years' sobriety today!

Finding out that I can taper 1 mg in less than a month w/o significant Sx. Stupendous, encouraging!

Being able to make plans again, instead of worrying that I'll be too sick that day.

Having other people notice that I look healthier and more energetic.

Being able to post here and getting replies. Thank you all.

Enthusiasm. At last, after so long.

Love to all!  :smitten: :smitten:

Hello buddies!! I have been Benz free since April 1, 2016. I am grateful for my loving family, my supportive employer, this site, good and the bad days. It lets me know that healing is going on! Have a blessed day everyone!! :smitten:

I'm grateful for shared laughter with a friend and my husband. For an evening of relaxing and not worrying about anything for a while. For another week survived and closer to the finish line.

Grateful I spent time with my granddaughters and fiance.  We went out in nature where we could swim and look for rocks.  It was beautiful.  This allowed me to calm the anxiety that is at the surface of my being.  Wishing all of you a calm healing day.  :-*