Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Gratitude Support Group

[MT...]

I am grateful that after a serious day and night from hell and a really bad morning I felt better for a few hours later in the day  :) I wish the same for everyone that suffering too, a respite from it all  :hug:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Same here, Nova -- wish we could avoid the bad days but grateful when they end.  WBB

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [MT...]

• [no...]

• [be...]

• [Ja...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Nova, I'm glad you had a taste of respite for a few hours. Hang in there, gal.

I'm grateful for some sleep last night that eased my desperation some. Work went better than expected too.

I am grateful I am still alive.

I am grateful I am 10 months off and have experienced a lot of miraculous healing.

I am grateful for God and for miracles.

I'm grateful I was able to get a flu shot and I didn't have a reaction this year!

I'm grateful that I'm seeing people talking about healing and coming together as a country.

I am grateful for a really good session with my counselor today and feeling understood.

So super grateful that my computer was brought back to life at the computer doctor's so I don't have to buy a new one.

• 2 weeks later...
Sad that I haven't posted here in a whild. Grateful the election is over, more grateful we've stopped talking about it at work 😩. Grateful for a great week last week. Was tied in the middle of a wave there for a bit, but pulled out the last week or so. Grateful for sitting around all dayyesterday, watching game movies and playing games like I don't have anything better to do.  Grateful for affordable gym memberships because let's face it, no matter how "hard" or "tough" I used to be,riding my bike or jogging in cold weather is just not something I look forward to, nor will I keep up with. Grateful for this time of year, getting all the family together and laughing and telling stories, all that good stuff. Grateful for my daughter hanging with mea few days this last week, she's 18 now, so I rarely get to see her. Grateful  and proud of her work and school ethics, makes me happy. Grateful for three day work weeks. Grateful to be a little past half way of paying off two credt cards. Grateful for wide open windows, hope, and encouragement from all of you! Peace

Day of thanks.....Happy thanksgiving! Seems appropriate to post here today. Grateful to be off that poison. Grateful for today and the time I get to spend with family and friends. Grateful for the end of this long hot summer. Grateful for a good night's sleep and a great appetite for dinner. Grateful for pet if all else fails! Lol peace

VH, I too am thankful the darn election is over. Thanksgiving is a great time to reflect on reasons to be grateful. They're always there, even when we have to seek them out. I'm so grateful that some sleep has been happening here and there. That's what's been so terrifying during all of this-the belief that my brain is broken and has lost the ability to sleep. But ever so slowly, it's coming back. It's light and broken, but it's something. I'm trying to shift my view from all that's wrong to the things that are right.

• 1 month later...

I'm grateful I for each break in the stormy waves, for the much needed sleep I get when I can get it, for bananas that came with my food delivery today, for bring able to either prepare food or have it prepared in advanced for days I just can't do it. I never eat tinned stuff but I'm grateful for tinned Alaskan Salmon as its safe to eat. I was eating fresh Salmon farmed in the Irish sea, until I decided to check out the pollution status of the Irish sea and found out its a is probably the most heavily contaminated with radioactive debris of any sea in the world  :D  :D  :Dhttp://www1.american.edu/TED/SELLA.HTM I am also grateful for the dinner I'm going to eat shortly, and that my really noisy upstairs neighbour  >:( has been away for a few days.  :yippee: I hope and pray its going to be even longer

http://clipart.christiansunite.com/1482838861/Praying_Hands_Clipart/thumbs/t_Praying_Hands004.gif

I'm grateful my kids were able to come home for the holidays and that I wasn't quite as sick as the previous two Christmases. I'm so grateful for the time off to have lower stress. I'm grateful for how Christmas lights look on the trees, houses and everywhere else they are.

I'm truly grateful for this thread as it has helped me more than any other. I receive positive reinforcement and positive vibes, along with an understanding that I could not receive anywhere else. MT, thank you for starting this thread. As my one year mark is coming soon I have reflected over the past year. I have made more changes for the better than at any other time in my life, I'm happier and much more loving and caring than before. Benzos took that away. I'm more productive and positive. I'm grateful for this holiday season as  it is the first that I've been sober and honestly thankful for the time with my family. What if love us all we have? What if it's all we can take with us when we leave this place? My family's dynamic is changing so much, so fast, but I wouldn't miss it for the world. Watson bing my daughter grow up and act so mature is a blessing and a gift i'llnever take for granted. Through all the waves and all the crazy symptoms I've been able to be objective and honest with myself, that and exercise I believe are the two key components to a better recovery from this poison. I wish everyone of you a happy, safe, and truly blessed 2017, and may your windows stay opened for a lifetime. Peace

Valiumheadnomore, great job making it to a year. That's a real accomplishment. You sound like you're gaining a lot of insight and wisdom. If you choose to dig deep those can be some of the gifts of this journey.

I'm profoundly grateful for having survived this long. So many days, weeks, months I struggled to survive, to choose to live/go on. That is less frequently a battle now as I'm committed to toughing this out and not entertaining the darkest thoughts. I'm grateful for the ground I've gained and for being granted the grace to carry on some semblance of life even when misery is high and sleep is rare. For every moment of calm in the midst of the storm, for kind words from family and friends, the beauty of the world around me and the dawning of each new day I am thankful.

Let's ride the waves with courage and determination and soak in the beauty of our windows until the walls are shattered leaving no need for windows, only healing.

I am grateful I can sleep, finally. I am grateful I learned some coping skills before this happened to me. I'm grateful for a new book I got my hands on that really helps me; Baylissa Frederick's Recovery and Renewal.

I'm grateful I was able to hold down a job throughout all this. A miracle.

I am grateful I have had some good days and did some things I've been unable to do for over a year, and felt I would never do ever again or for many years away :)

I am so very, very grateful that today for the first time in a long time I had short spells of feeling really good, it helps me to be hopeful about stabilising amongst a lot of chemical induced doubt and disbelief about anything ever being good , normal or feeling well and free ever again. Feeling the emotion of enjoyment was a really good sign although I’ve felt ''positive in thought'' only,  that I should feel I’ve done good by doing whatever I can when I can I’ve not felt good or enjoyment about it physically or emotionally for so long now. I have suffered  from Anhedonia (the inability to experience pleasure from activities usually found enjoyable) for so long I'd forgotten that feeling, emotion actually existed, even taking my rubbish to the bin felt enjoyable and a real achievement.  ;D

So glad for you Nova1 -- I, too, had a semi window for about 45 minutes this morning.  I don't know how or why but grateful for it.  It gives me hope but returning to misery this afternoon is tough.  WBB

So glad for you Nova1 -- I, too, had a semi window for about 45 minutes this morning.  I don't know how or why but grateful for it.  It gives me hope but returning to misery this afternoon is tough.  WBB

Thanks WBB  :hug: I know sweetie its always tough when you feel the trap door shut again, it will get better  for us :hug: :hug: :hug:

• 2 weeks later...

I am grateful after a couple of hellacious days  :D :D :D where getting well seemed like the impossible dream once again, That today was a good day after all  :)

I'd been really struggling with writing about gratitude but kept up my daily practice. Over the past week or so I've started putting more microsleeps together so that they resemble something closer to sleep. I'm grateful that nights aren't quite as awful recently so I'm feeling more hopeful. Hope is a powerful thing that no drug can compete with.

Grateful to be alive and well! MTfan, I too have pieced some sleep together here recently, grateful for that, just being tired and falling asleep is so foreign to me, it took some getting used to. Grateful my wife and I are remodeling our kitchen, HUGE distraction! Keeps me focused and busy. Grateful for some really really good days, where I felt like my younger self, interacting and making people laugh. That's the guy I used to be. Grateful for this time here. Peace

I am grateful my symptoms did not pole axe me like they did yesterday  :D :D :D Ans that although I kept waking up a lot through the night I was able to go back to sleep each time. I am also grateful that for the first time in I don't know how long now, I didn't wake up with rampant anxiety each time as well. :) I am also grateful that a long awaited delivery arrived today, and I'm grateful for finding raw whole peanut butter made with the peanut skins as well and nothing at all added . No salt, no palm oil, no preservatives nadda, just 100% Peanuts Its wonderful stuff. And the skins make it more nutritionally good for you as well :thumbsup:

I'm grateful for the beauty of some snow today but not so much that I couldn't take my computer to the shop/doctor. I'm thankful I was able to do the errands I needed to run without caving in to the fatigue.