Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Gratitude Support Group

[MT...]

I am grateful I was able to get out for walk yesterday and today, and I was able to cook some dinner the dishes can wait :)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [MT...]

• [no...]

• [be...]

• [Ja...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I am grateful that my life for the most part is back on track and that my sleep shows signs of being better than pre Benzo's which is quite some surprise!!

And grateful that my hubby has stuck by me throughout my ordeal and has been a wonderful support (in addition to you guys of course!!)

[91...]
I am grateful I am ALIVE. I can laugh, I can speak, I can cry, I can scream. I am greateful that  my  father, who  has  cancer, seems to be healing!

• 1 month later...

Love that someone just bumped this back up.

I had a moment earlier while in a bad wave where I just told my self to stop the pity party and look around a find things to be grateful for.

I looked around and saw:

I went for a walk with my son today while he was on his bike

I drove myself to the lab to give blood to rule out any other issues - driving has been hard so that was good!

I drove my son to the subway to go see his dad

I have an amazing, comfortable house and a wonderful bathroom where I get to take nice hot baths

I ate good food today

My partner will be home soon and is a funny person who makes me laugh so I have laughing to look forward to tonight

The big 4 hour long wave passed!

I made a youtube video for my benzo withdrawal youtube channel and it was kinda funny and lighthearted

Yesterday I managed to drive to the dentist and doctors

I took a walk while my son was on his bike

During my son's spring break we got to hang out a lot and walk/bike the trail and one day I took him for Vietnamese food and we had a sweet time and took photos

I am truly grateful that every day I wake up alive and that I haven't died yet from this withdrawal!

I am grateful for those that came before and who have healed and who tell the tail of survival so that I can read and re-read their stories.

I am grateful for my higher power.

xo

I am grateful for my family who I look forward to being around everyday and I am grateful that I am an Intelligent woman despite what my benzo brain is telling me in this current wave. I can do this and I am so thankful that I can. I am also grateful that I am eating better.

:smitten: :smitten: Jackie

I am grateful that I was able to go for a long walk today.

Grateful for family.

Grateful that I had the strength to get through another day.

I’m grateful for the smell of the blossoms in the air.  For my backyard.  For the sun being out and warming me.  For being able to voice myself a little today, and what I had to express being received with compassion.  I’m grateful for the humanity in wanting to help one another, even when we’re unwell. 

I'm grateful that:

-despite my anxiety my day at work went well yesterday.

-today is a quiet day filled with the beauty of silence and stillness.

-none of us are alone.

-recovery, painstakingly slow, happens.

I’m SO grateful for those who have reached out and for the “wise ones” who have gotten through that are here to help us.  I cannot emphasize it enough. 

I’m also grateful I’m alive and haven’t given up.

I am glad I found this site started by Mtfan. Hello Mtfan, this thread is so nice. Hope you are doing okay. Today I am thankful that I was ale to crash on my bed for an organic nap after a sleepless night (something I haven't experienced in a long, long time). I am thankful that I have enough energy to go out to the indoor pool to tame my burning skin. I am thankful for everyone on this group.

Blessings everyone!

I'm grateful that I could lift my eyes from my own sadness and paint a picture with my daughter today.

I'm grateful that there were two days last week when I didnt feel like this.

I'm grateful for the people ahead of me who tell me to keep going, it gets better.

:smitten:

JKS

I am grateful that I had a wonderful window the day before yesterday. Slept 4 hours straight organically and was able to fall back to sleep until about 9 am. Was able to go to church yesterday. Went for a yoga class after weeks of feeling seek. I felt so alive and normal. Then last night my head pressure came back with vengeance and had difficulty sleeping. My stomach hurt. But I was able to sleep some and I am going to work. I am thankful that I am going to work after two weeks not being able to. Please God help me face my day with courage, strengthen my faith, and don't let me lose hope!

I am grateful that through this horrible ordeal I am now starting to enjoy the best sleep I have ever had in my entire life! you see I had never been a great sleeper and never exercised good sleep hygiene. through this experience I have developed a good sleep routine where I go to bed and wake up at the same time every single day (give or take 15mins..). I also stop using my computer about 2hours before and read in bed which makes me feel quite drowsy after only a short time.. my sleep efficiency is great.. i.e. most of the time I spend in bed is actually sleeping! and generally I have no more than 2 or 3 super brief wakes every night.. sometimes just one wake.. all good and pretty much foreign to me.. I don't feel that I am out of the woods yet.. I do expect to have further setbacks but I do think that at long last I am on the right track..

good luck everyone XOXO

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [je...]
    • [Kr...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Le...]
    • [fe...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [mo...]