The body twitchers group

[Bu...]

Yes I am getting involuntary muscle twitching too. It went away for many many months but started up again when I started tapering the seroquel.  Sometimes I don't  notice it much but this evening it is bothersome. It often feels like bubbles popping under me skin.... if  that makes any sense to anyone ? .....

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Bu...]

• [Bu...]

• [...]

• [Pa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[43...]

Yes, it makes sense.  I've been getting toe twitches and hip ones now and again, and I'm almost 25 months out, and everything is getting much better.  I think these nerve twitches are one of the last things to go because of our CNS issues healing.  I had ulcerative colitis flare up really bad, never had anything but small bouts of it, thought it was gastritis, and with that my stress level got bad and I twitched a bit more.  Stress makes everything worse, try not to.  Just realize all these sx's mean our brain is healing our bodies.  Tho slowly, it is happening.  In fact if not for my colitis, I'm well on my way to being healed.  My biggest issues are nerve pain/weakness in my low back/butt/hips and legs, and muscle cramps in that same area, but they too are easing up.

To answer the question about is there anything for akathesia.  I've rarely had it, only now and again.  What I do is stretch leg muscles out and tighten them, loosen, tighten again, it seems to help.  I haven't researched anything for them to take that is natural. 

:smitten:

Hugs, MG

Mountain Girl

Thanks so much for your reply. I have been anxious about the symptoms and this pain for so long now.

My anxiety and stress is mostly due to the pain now if you know what I mean?

I have gotten to the point now where I really believe it is due to all the meds I've been prescribed especially in the last couple of years. I've had that many blood tests and quite a number of Mri's , ultrasounds and xrays. All are fine apart from some degenerative changes in my lumbar spine. 

I'm really happy to know that you are well on your way to being healed apart from colitis and some weakness and muscle cramps.  You have had a really difficult painful journey.

My best wishes to you .  :smitten:

Look up Benign Facet Cramping Syndrome I was diagnosed 2 years ago had to have 2 EMG`s to confirm it and it`s one reason I got off klonopin ! It will get better with time and it won`t kill you so all will be good 

Look up Benign Facet Cramping Syndrome I was diagnosed 2 years ago had to have 2 EMG`s to confirm it and it`s one reason I got off klonopin ! It will get better with time and it won`t kill you so all will be good

Can do...were you many years on kolonopin at 4 mg or Valium?    I'm sorry for my dense ness my brain is very slow  :-\

Aoib... I understand the health anxiety I have this badly too from all my symptoms... Most of my mental is completely driven by this...  I am sorry for your experience and hope everyone here gets and feels much better....

[43...]

Mountain Girl

Thanks so much for your reply. I have been anxious about the symptoms and this pain for so long now.

My anxiety and stress is mostly due to the pain now if you know what I mean?

I have gotten to the point now where I really believe it is due to all the meds I've been prescribed especially in the last couple of years. I've had that many blood tests and quite a number of Mri's , ultrasounds and xrays. All are fine apart from some degenerative changes in my lumbar spine. 

I'm really happy to know that you are well on your way to being healed apart from colitis and some weakness and muscle cramps.  You have had a really difficult painful journey.

My best wishes to you .  :smitten:

A,

Thanks, it has been difficult, more than I say.  I was on anywhere from 8-12 RX's at any given time, I was floxed on anti-biotics 3x, and in tolerance at least 2 yrs.  I lost half my hair, I was rigid, couldn't eat, anxiety ridden with fear, and think I was close to death.  I still have a swollen spleen and liver, but compared to what I've been through it's really nothing.  I feel decent most days.  Acupuncture has been a life saver for me personally.

The key is not to stress if you can help it.  Inositol helped me with anxiety.  Try to sleep good obviously, eat whole foods, and exercise.  Instead of beating yourself up, treat yourself to a manicure, eat out, buy yourself something you want, etc.  I'm #1 at beating myself up, but am learning to be more kind to myself and my body. 

Hugs, MG :smitten:

Mountain Girl.

You are very kind and I appreciate this. I'm having a very difficult time this past few years. Its been hell.

I will heed your advice and go easy on myself.  I've beaten myself more over and over for going on these meds .

I did not know what damage they would do

.I'm really thankful for my small family who are very supportive .

I walk most days but it can be painfully hard to do so . I'm eating well and my sleeping is so much better than even a few months ago.

I haven't tried Acupuncture.  I have tried Dry needling treatments and I could not tolerant them. I had several muscle spasms the day after I would have a treatment . I think my Cns is still at a stage where it gets revved up easily.  Shopping , too many people talking, loud music etc still revs me up and the pain increases. Later, when I get home , these symptoms decrease. It's a rough road.

Hugs to you  :smitten:

[43...]

Mountain Girl.

You are very kind and I appreciate this. I'm having a very difficult time this past few years. Its been hell.

I will heed your advice and go easy on myself.  I've beaten myself more over and over for going on these meds .

I did not know what damage they would do

.I'm really thankful for my small family who are very supportive .

I walk most days but it can be painfully hard to do so . I'm eating well and my sleeping is so much better than even a few months ago.

I haven't tried Acupuncture.  I have tried Dry needling treatments and I could not tolerant them. I had several muscle spasms the day after I would have a treatment . I think my Cns is still at a stage where it gets revved up easily.  Shopping , too many people talking, loud music etc still revs me up and the pain increases. Later, when I get home , these symptoms decrease. It's a rough road.

Hugs to you  :smitten:

A,

I understand, I still don't do crowds well, but then I never was much of a social butterfly before these pills.  I shop on Ebay & Amazon, lol that's my fun now shopping.  Like Christmas when it comes in the mail :laugh:

My spine got so bad with cramps and radiating nerve pain I was worse than I've ever been, even after 4 back surgeries, so I had to go.  My Chinese acupuncturist does treatments that are calming.  I went to another lady and my colitis flared really bad, so am going back to him this Friday.  I do tons of acupressure points myself for spasms, nerve pain, sleep, and many other things.  They really help.  Inflammation is our enemy, histamine & cortisol.  There are points I do for them also.  I have a hard time walking some days because of leg nerve pain and back pain, so I get that.  My balance isn't 100% yet either, but getting there.

Glad you have the support.  My hubby is awesome, he's all I have, but hey, I can't complain. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Hugs, and please be kind to yourself. :smitten:

Again thank you MG

You are a pet. Thanks for your quick reply.  I'm so slow on my phone typing  :-[

You have had an awful time with those surgeries . God love you. I think I remember you from a year ago when I was on BB before. I recognise your name. I was on BB last year but I took a break. I had such a shocking time tapering one drug after the other. I felt so ill. And then , to my horror I was prescribed seroquel 25mg.  ( off label for sleep ).

This is what I am tapering now. Seroquel at low doses works like an antihistamine.  So I've read. It is a devil of a drug to get off too.

Lots of hugs  :smitten: and thank you so much.  :angel:

[43...]

A,

You are almost there!  Hang in there Sister!  If you need a shoulder, please message anytime. 

Hugs, MG :smitten:

Mountain Girl

Thank you. Thanks a million.  I will . Such kindness ,

Some day all this will be over for us.    :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...
Ugh, the twitching just will not stop.  Now my fingers are twitching and shimmering a lot in addition to the other random twitches all over that seem to happen all day.  When did this let up for others?  Did you find that sometimes it would go away only to reimurge?  Also, I definitely find I get more when I'm stressed or anxious, especially in my hands.  I'm almost 7 months off.

Nearing 15 months out and twitches are my most consistent and worst symptom... They get worse with stress, little sleep, tiny tiny amount of alcohol and God knows what else.  ???

Nearing 15 months out and twitches are my most consistent and worst symptom... They get worse with stress, little sleep, tiny tiny amount of alcohol and God knows what else.  ???

It's so frustrating.  I feel that if mine would go away, I would be darn near 100%.  How often do you get them and they they seem to target a specific area?

I've been pretty stressed this last week and I'm sure it's made my twitches rise.  Which of course makes me more stressed.

In the past few days they've slowed down a little in my body but my fingers, hands, and forearms have been going crazy! Especially my left side.

Anyone else have them happen more in their hands/fingers? 

I've been on Klonopin for four months now and one of my most disturbing symptoms (even while I didn't hit tolerance yet) was a tingling sensation in my great toe! Sometimes spreading to other parts of the foot. Sometimes I just shake inside, but it's not noticable from others. I can feel it in my chest, head and jaw.

Maybe it may depend on the antiepileptic nature of the drug.

I get twitches all over, but in the past few weeks I definitely have had more in my hands and fingers. Do any of you have them all over but occasionally they concentrate in a certain area? What area? How long? Good luck all!

I get twitches all over, but in the past few weeks I definitely have had more in my hands and fingers. Do any of you have them all over but occasionally they concentrate in a certain area? What area? How long? Good luck all!

Jaw, toes and chest (heart area).

• 2 weeks later...
Still going strong! Especially when I'm anxious.  Anxiety and stress definitely seems to make it worse. Where are all my twitchers at?  :thumbsup:

I just wanted to add a little hope for those who have face twitching along with the body twitches. I saw an eye surgeon for my face twitches and he of course was not familiar with benzo withdrawals but he gave me Botox. I have found relief  finally after 9 months of twitching.  :laugh:;D

Was woken up last night to my right shoulder muscle twitching hard. I could feel it with my hand. I tried squeezing it to get it to stop or laying on it for more pressure. Nothing worked. After about 45 minutes it went away. It had a steady twitch almost like it was pulsating with a metronome . Pretty wierd right ?

I get twitches in my back as well behind my heart on the left side of my body. They aren't as intense but still happen. Had it in my left cAlf muscle as well. Twitch twitch twitch  :D :D

[43...]

I would proceed with caution with the botox, it's poison and many members I've read have had horrible reactions to it.

MG

Mine is my entire face such as forehead, eyebrows, eyes and mouth....  Even my muscles all pull on my face....spasms /contractions whatever you want to call it...... it is painful and spikes up my anxiety something fierce...It's so horrible ...... :'(...

I'm so scared because I look like a freak and feel its permanent ....

I also get the twitching in my hands/fingers especially at nite....and for some reason my face is more intense at nite too ... I don't know why that is....