The body twitchers group

[Bu...]

Pleasebehere, my face on the right side is doing all that but no body can see it! It hurts so bad!!!! My eyebrow feels like it's contracting towards the my nose my nose feels like I'm snarling and my forehead feels like it has tape on in and it's being pulled inward!! It's so hard to tell people how I feel because they can't see it! My doctors think I'm nuts and my family doesn't want to hear about it!! The only thing that is visable is a small twitch under my right eye. I had Botox for the eye and nose and it has helped but the eyebrow and forehead thing is driving me mad! I really need help I'm loosing my sanity from all this  :idiot:. I almost just want to go back uo on my meds cuz this has been going for 9 months but I won't for the hope of it going away on day!

I feel your pain if you need to chat or vent or cry PM me :smitten:

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Bu...]

• [Bu...]

• [...]

• [Pa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 15 months off benzos now but I just got off Seroquel a week ago.

I have increased twitching practically everywhere now. Most often before I jumped , they were located in one area , the left side of my body - back , buttock and leg.  But now , they can be anywhere + everywhere  . They come with pin prickling sensation and of course nerve and muscle pain.  :-[

Aoibherose , did your twitching start when you tapered off Seroquel? I'm sorry you have nerve pain I have a bit on the side of my face :(. Had a whole neurological work up with an mri they found nothing! These drugs really do a number on our bodies. I often wonder if all these symptoms are from years of suppressed stress and anxiety spilling out all at once.

Flameazalea

Yes it did start up again pretty soon after I started tapering Seroquel. As I got into lower cuts , it got worse. I'm about 8 days off it now and still going strong. It often feels like bubbles popping under my skin or deeply inside.

I remember when it started first - I was tapering Xanax. It did go away for a good long while thankfully but as I said it came back again on the Seroquel taper  :tickedoff:

Yes it is a big possibility that suppressed emotions do eventually come out especially in physical pain. I do hope in time , that as we heal it will subside.  :hug:

So sorry so many having all the twitching/spasming issues.  I haven't posted in awhile because I was doing a little better the lower I tapered.  Almost done now but, twitching/tingling/buzzing/inner vibrations and muscle spasms are terrible right now.  Have symptoms everywhere, especially in my abdominal area and legs right now.Glad folks posted about how stress can make these symptoms worse.  I poked my finger with an old pin recently and am worried about tetanus.  It attacks the CNS and symptoms are similar to mine.  Haven't had a tetanus shot in probably over 10 years but, afraid of any shot side effects too!  Ugh-being so stressed about what to do about this has probably amped up my symptoms along with almost being ready to jump. Thanks for letting me vent-just so very scared right now  :'(

So sorry so many having all the twitching/spasming issues.  I haven't posted in awhile because I was doing a little better the lower I tapered.  Almost done now but, twitching/tingling/buzzing/inner vibrations and muscle spasms are terrible right now.  Have symptoms everywhere, especially in my abdominal area and legs right now.Glad folks posted about how stress can make these symptoms worse.  I poked my finger with an old pin recently and am worried about tetanus.  It attacks the CNS and symptoms are similar to mine.  Haven't had a tetanus shot in probably over 10 years but, afraid of any shot side effects too!  Ugh-being so stressed about what to do about this has probably amped up my symptoms along with almost being ready to jump. Thanks for letting me vent-just so very scared right now  :'(

the buzzing inner vibration really trips me out when it happens

Yes!  I had heard of the inner vibration symptom but, never had it till now-very bizarre  :o  Hope it's another symptom that will go away in time.

Yes!  I had heard of the inner vibration symptom but, never had it till now-very bizarre  :o  Hope it's another symptom that will go away in time.

Yeah i never thought i would get that one. It is very new for me symptom wise. I seem to have developed a lot of new symptoms.

Remy, hope your symptoms settle down and congratulations on being off the benzos!

Burned , that inner vibe bit is pretty common, no worries it will fade in time ! Be well ~CD

• 2 weeks later...

oh so glad for this thread, I thought I was going nuts.. I have twitches all over my body!  And I'm 13 months out from my jump.

I got the twitches a lot when I jumped 13 months ago, but it subsided about a few weeks later.  But now its' back... I also, very foolishly, was taking some very strong kava kava... That's when I notice the twitching starting coming back again.  I stopped taking kaya kava 5 days ago, and it does seem as if the twitching has slowed down or I may just be trying to be positive.  I can't tell.

But wondering if the kava sent me back into acute?

oh so glad for this thread, I thought I was going nuts.. I have twitches all over my body!  And I'm 13 months out from my jump.

I got the twitches a lot when I jumped 13 months ago, but it subsided about a few weeks later.  But now its' back... I also, very foolishly, was taking some very strong kava kava... That's when I notice the twitching starting coming back again.  I stopped taking kaya kava 5 days ago, and it does seem as if the twitching has slowed down or I may just be trying to be positive.  I can't tell.

It wouldn't send you back into acute but it may cause a temporary uptick in symptoms. I'm stil twitching prettymuch all day at 8.5 months out all over my body. Just little ones, not big jerks.

It wouldn't send you back into acute but it may cause a temporary uptick in symptoms. I'm stil twitching prettymuch all day at 8.5 months out all over my body. Just little ones, not big jerks.

Yeah I often thought certain things sent me into acute. You are only in acute while the drug is still in your system Imo . Only While your body is still physically withdrawing. After that it's your brain and cns recovering . We aren't in withdrawel we are recovering from a brain injury.

Thanks Eric, ya I get the same thing.. no jerks, but lots of twitches.  :idiot:

and this recovery takes for freaking ever!

:-[

Yeah I often thought certain things sent me into acute. You are only in acute while the drug is still in your system Imo . Only While your body is still physically withdrawing. After that it's your brain and cns recovering . We aren't in withdrawel we are recovering from a brain injury.

OMG, I have the jerking Whenevere I try to relax, and so I can't relax!!

someone please tell me this will heal!

It will heal eventually!! Hang in there.

OMG, I have the jerking Whenevere I try to relax, and so I can't relax!!

someone please tell me this will heal!

It will heal eventually!! Hang in there.

I will hold onto that hope in this moment, because I can't always get there in other moments.

::)

I get these also, arms, legs, lip, eyes.... it's terrible. I'm 33 months free.

That a bummer, I'm sorry.  Are all other symptoms gone?  This seems to be my main lingering symptom at 9 months off.  ALl over all the time!

Hi all. New to this forum. I get those too. it was one of the main reasons I decided to start my taper off clonazepam a month ago. Aside from the twitching and jerks keeping me up I get these weird muscle spasms like you can see the muscles moving.  Another one that keeps me from taking a nap naturally is the weird surges of energy/adrenaline once I relax or try to drift off.

• 1 month later...
It is not energy or adrenaline but your brain is full on and can not control it's self. The jerking will go away with burning pain and muscle zaps in all of the sites where the drug destroyed the connections.