• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Bu...]

• [Bu...]

• [...]

• [Pa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mrs Rose,

I feel bad hearing about your bad twitches :( it really scares me when i get twitches i havnt had any really bad sessions of twithing in several years i used to grind my teeth often like 2 years ago when i felt my worst i had chiped a tooth and needed a crown on a tooth doing that :( , now i move my lips i dont know if its twitches i just move them around when i dont feel wel like right now :( . Mrs rose , does it clear up the twitches when you do light exercises or activate a little ?? my withdrawals seem to clear up quite alot when i change clothes and go jogging or go for a long walk . *hugs to you*  :smitten::hug: i really hope your health improves god bless you ,

Katie

In the Ashton manual it mentions involuntary body movements. She suggests 2 meds possible that might help. My doctor gave me the smallest dose of one and the twitching stopped overnight. She had seen it many times as she only treats benzo withdrawal and had never known how to help. I had taken my copy of the book with me. She was really pleased to know there was a solution

Thought Id stop by. I have insane twitches at night time. Called myoclonic or hypnic jerks. You guys should try taking magnesium or eating something high in magnesium as it has helped me.

Babyangel twitching stops when you do those things because the healed part of the brain over rides the messed up part. I hope that clears it up. Walking around I feel fairly normal. Its when I sit down and lay down that this stuff starts. Any time I try to rest meaning like sitting still. The part of the brain that has not healed keeps acting up jerking, twitching and some pain. When my lips quivered they went into a healing routine of stinging pain and muscle pulling. That is what has happened to my lips. My whole face has went through painful healing and its almost over. 

[0f...]

I got the jerks & twitches all over, and take mag citrate faithfully everyday.  Nothing helps them, it's when the nerves are flaring all over it happens to me.

MG

How long did anyone suffer from tremors? Ive been of for six weeks but my hands are shaking so bad. I have full on myoclonic too. Its like im havin a full on seizure but i dont lose consiousness. It went away for a couple weeks and came back. The doctors say its anxiety because i had a eeg and it was normal but i never had anything like this. It could be from the gabapentin or my phenobarb taper but either way its just a reminder of what my body and brain are going through and its scary and painful

[3b...]

Hi nerve pain BB's,

Anyone with right facial nerve pain resembling trigeminal neuralgia?

Incredibly painful and relentless.

I also have burning & tingling in both feet and on left side of body.

This all began with my rapid crossover from .25 mg K to pheno. It has improved from that time (6/2013) but when I get slammed its horrible.

Things that help: ice, laying still and letting it run it's course, not over exerting,

Time.

Marija

I don't have pain but I can feel sick. I am having a hard time of it right now.

The twitches and jerks have always been my worst symptom and they are playing up now.

Love buddy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[ec...]

I have had myoclonus (muscle jerks) in the past from a reaction to Prozac and then an abrupt cold turkey withdrawal ordered by my doctor. These were both little twitched and large jerks. It because impossible to function. Couldn't focus because my eyes kept blinking, kept biting my tongue as my jaw snapped. Feet, arms, fingers, everywhere jerked and many times every minute.  If I was more active, it kept my brain occupied so it couldn't send the signals to jerk as easily. BUT, I found from reading that being more active was the wrong thing to do.

The right thing to do was rest and just put up with them. Only do very light exercise, such as a walk. Avoid all stimulants, even "decaffeinated" ones, including coffee, tea, sudafed, chocolate. Keep my blood sugar even. Therefore, no sugar, almost no concentrated sweet things like fruit juice or honey, focus on eating protein and vegetables and healthy fats (olive oil, coconut oil, pastured butter). I also recommend eating an anti-inflammatory diet. DrWeil.com has a version. It Starts With Food has another version. Look around and you will find others. It is especially important to eat enough healthy fat because our brains are made of a lot of fat. Vegetable oils (corn, soy, and such) are not healthy fats. They are fats that previous generations did not have because they require heavy processing with machines to extract the oils from the seeds. I also eat a lot of wild salmon. It is a good source of protein and healthy fat.

After 6 months of being very good to myself, by muscle jerks had lessened to the point that I could sleep and have a life. I still get them little when stressed or from a med, but they only scare me, not debilitate me.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had myoclonus (muscle jerks) in the past from a reaction to Prozac and then an abrupt cold turkey withdrawal ordered by my doctor. These were both little twitched and large jerks. It because impossible to function. Couldn't focus because my eyes kept blinking, kept biting my tongue as my jaw snapped. Feet, arms, fingers, everywhere jerked and many times every minute.  If I was more active, it kept my brain occupied so it couldn't send the signals to jerk as easily. BUT, I found from reading that being more active was the wrong thing to do.

The right thing to do was rest and just put up with them. Only do very light exercise, such as a walk. Avoid all stimulants, even "decaffeinated" ones, including coffee, tea, sudafed, chocolate. Keep my blood sugar even. Therefore, no sugar, almost no concentrated sweet things like fruit juice or honey, focus on eating protein and vegetables and healthy fats (olive oil, coconut oil, pastured butter). I also recommend eating an anti-inflammatory diet. DrWeil.com has a version. It Starts With Food has another version. Look around and you will find others. It is especially important to eat enough healthy fat because our brains are made of a lot of fat. Vegetable oils (corn, soy, and such) are not healthy fats. They are fats that previous generations did not have because they require heavy processing with machines to extract the oils from the seeds. I also eat a lot of wild salmon. It is a good source of protein and healthy fat.

After 6 months of being very good to myself, by muscle jerks had lessened to the point that I could sleep and have a life. I still get them little when stressed or from a med, but they only scare me, not debilitate me.

Thank you for this advice. Month 9 has been twitchy for me. In places I never got twitches. I have coconut oil at home, I use olive oil too and I want to start taking DHEA capsules and reintroduce chia seeds (great for omega's and what not).

I get twitches in my upper arm area (mainly the right arm). Also in my legs, small intestine, diaphragm. It's like an explosion suddenly...sigh. I too take magnesium citrate faithfully.

Any one else overcome this annoying symptom?

Oh! Now I feel less alone, knowing you guys are jumping awake at night. It really scared me at first. I had no idea it was withdrawal. Both eyes twitch freakishly and it looks ridiculous. Kinda have to laugh at what we would all look like in a room together!

I have been twitching sporadically for like a year.  All while on either lorazepam or klonopin daily.  Low dose of both.  I am tapering the klonopin now.  The facial twitches really annoy me and I also have noticed more facial tension in general.  HATE THIS SYMPTOM!!

My jaw is almost healed. I still use a mouth guard at night. My right hip has jerked for 6 weeks and my left foot has surges that are painful. They are lessening but the right hip will jerk day and night. It takes hours to go to sleep. I use a muscle relaxer it doesn't help much. My hip jerks until it wares off. Then I take 2mg Valium to get some sleep.

I am 6 weeks off clonazepam and my body jerks began 2 weeks ago.  How long does this last?  It is so hard to fall asleep at night.  I also feel shaky during the day.  Like muscle fatigue without working out.  Any advice on how to deal with all of this.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw no one had responded to your question, so I'm hoping that if I bump your question back to the top that maybe we can both get answers :)

I didn't get body jerks like you, but instead have a foot that doesn't stop twitching.  The 2-5th toes on my right foot literally won't stop twitching.  It didn't start until I was a full year into my taper and affects how I walk and wear shoes.  Everything else is okay and calm.

Anyone have help/ideas?  Should I see a regular doc just in case it's not benzo related?  It is only in one foot - and my other extremities are okay.

And Time4Healing let me know how you are.

I went to my Dr to discuss my fatigue, body aches, and body twitches.  He did some blood work and recommended a sleep study.  I am doing the sleep study on Saturday and then will go back to discuss the results.  I don't think the Dr believes it's withdrawal related.  I never had these problems until I started taking an AD and clonazepam.  It is really frustrating to think that these medications were prescribed to me without warning me about the addictive nature of them.

I agree.  My introduction to Xanax was being given a bottle of 30 X 1 mg, tablets and being told to take them as needed.  He never tried a lower dose, never advised me they could be addictive, etc.  Maybe I'll go to a doctor about my twitching foot and see what she says.

One Year-- It can't hurt to go to the Dr.  I just wish I could find a Dr. that believes me.  When my anxiety began in June 2013, I asked two doctors if it could be the result of becoming perimenopausal.  They both said I was too young.  (I was 43 at the time)  Everything I read says it can take up to 10 years to go into menopause.  So instead of informing me of alternative therapies for anxiety, I was given an antidepressant and Xanax and then clonazepam.  Last month, an OBGYN said that I am most likely in perimenopause, but that there is nothing that can be done for it.  It is so frustrating.

[0f...]

I am 6 weeks off clonazepam and my body jerks began 2 weeks ago.  How long does this last?  It is so hard to fall asleep at night.  I also feel shaky during the day.  Like muscle fatigue without working out.  Any advice on how to deal with all of this.

The twitches and jerks can last awhile for some buddies.  I'm about 9.5 months out and get them occasionally.  The muscle fatigue and nerve pain I use L-theanine, it really helps the cramps.  It also helps me sleep, along with melatonin.  Mine is pretty extreme cramps in spine and legs, arms, shoulders.  I was poly-drugged and have had many surgeries.  If you have any injuries, that's where it mostly manifests.

MG

You're right.  I'm going to see a doctor.  My toes on my right foot are twitching so much it hurts to put my shoe on.  It's like my toes are possessed.  My kids see my foot in a sock and are asking what's wrong with me!!!  I did have an injury years ago on this foot.  I didn't know benzo withdrawal could cause one foot to act so bizarrely and not affect the other.  That's what freaks me out.  Scares me.