The body twitchers group

[Bu...]

Hope everybody had a pretty good day today.  Sorry I haven't posted for awhile,  my poor brain just can't keep track of everything lately :D

Dog tag:  hope getting out of Dodge was a nice break for you and you had good weather.

Kb45:  Hope your plumbing project is almost done.  Love your hideaway idea with your fur babies, chocolate and the I-pad :) That's a good idea.  Glad you're getting semi-windows.  They make all the difference.

Corsair:  hope all the twitching/spasms have calmed down.  I tend to get them first thing in the morning and mid afternoons.  Think mine coincide with high cortisol levels at those times.

SleeplessMT:  really hoping those hypnic jerks have eased up for you a bit. 

I'm hanging in there.  The worst symptoms for me lately have been the shakes, dizziness and waking every 2 hours or so at night.  Just started tapering down again and determined to be benzo free by June. 

Take care!

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Bu...]

• [Bu...]

• [...]

• [Pa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Morning,

BurnedOut, Good to see you posting on this thread.  The plumbing project is all but over.  They install a whole house water filter system this morning and patch some holes in the walls but then they are done, done, done !  My symptoms amped up the first few days they were working and then I sort of calmed down and so did my symptoms.  Are you able to go back to sleep after waking every two hours ?

Corsair,  I had eye twitches for years and now they are gone.  I was on Xanax for 16 years.  I never thought about them being connected to Benzo use until I read your post.  I am 18 months off the 4th of March and have not had eye twitches for well over a year. 

I had major electric shocks in my legs Saturday night so I was limping badly yesterday.  Hubs and I needed to go to Target and Home Depot and for the first time in my life, I rode around in one of the motorized wheel chairs the stores provide.  I was embarrassed at first but it sure made the shopping easier.  And after a bit I was  driving like Tony Stewart !

Hypnic jerks are killing me.  Was doing a bit better and the last 2 nights feel like acute!  No sleep and even up dosing mirtazipine helps none. I can't stand this torture!  I'm crying my eyes out as I can't face my days with no sleep and no idea if this will ever go away.  I'll be 6 months off o the 3rd.  I'm praying for a miracle.  I miss my old care free life and making plans with my family.  It's just sick and saddening what these drugs do to people.

Sleepless,  I am sorry you are having such a difficult time.  It will get better.  Everyone heals.  I still have symptoms but the intensity of the symptoms is greatly reduced.  You will have your old carefree life back.  It just takes time.  We just put one foot in front of the other and keep going.  Hugs, KB

Morning all,

sleepless:  Ugh, sorry the last couple of nights have been worse lately.  Hopefully it was just a temporary wave and you will get some more little windows again.  How frustrating that the medicines/cbd oils aren't able to help.  Thinking of you  :smitten:

Corsair:  Hope the eye twitches pass.  Sounds like another benzo effect.  I get them too sometimes.

KB:  Congratulations for being off benzos for 18 months!  Hope the electric shocks are gone and you're feeling better.  "...driving around like Tony Stewart..."  :laugh:  I've used those carts too and I'm just glad I didn't hit anyone or knock down a display or something.  Glad your plumbing project is almost over and you can have some peace and quiet again, and some really great water too!  We have a PUR filter and a filter for our shower to get rid of chlorine, mercury, pesticides and other lovely things ::)  I heard somewhere that chlorine not only kills bacteria in our water but, can upset the good/bad bacteria balance in our GI systems, too...ugh!  Take care!

Good Morning Fellow Twitchers !

I woke up last night about every hour or so with electric shocks in my legs and spine.  Funny thing is, it has been going on now for so long I am almost used to it.  The intensity has reduced since I started on this not so fun journey.  I actually remember when they first started.  It was years before I decided to taper the Xanax (16 year use).  At first it was just a mild sensation at the base of my spine when I would lay down at night.  I am hopeful that someday these shocks will go away altogether. 

BurnedOut,  Our water quality here in Southern California is pretty scary.  What kind of maintenance do you do on your water filter system ?  We drink and cook with bottled water.  When we moved in here 34 years ago, I took one taste of the water and never have tried to drink it again.  I am hoping that with our new system, I will at least be able to cook with the water. 

Hi KB,

Our PUR filter is for our water pitcher, kind of like a Brita filter.  Would like to install a whole water filter system someday.  The water where we are in Colorado is ok but, up in the mountains, it can be very good.  Some places even have springs and the water is a real treat.  Sorry you have the electric shocks again-no fun.  I'm a shaky/tremoring/achy mess this morning and so light-headed.  Think a front came through and the tree pollen is high already.  Ah, mother nature ::)

Hope everyone is doing ok.  Take care :)

BurnedOut,  Starting out the day feeling shaky/tremoring/achy sounds difficult.  I sure hope you are feeling better later today as your cortisol levels go down.  My daughter lived up in a mountainous area for many years and they had spring water at no cost to the homeowners.  It was delightful.  You live in a gorgeous state.  Hugs, KB  :hug: :hug:

Good Morning Fellow Twitchers !

I woke up last night about every hour or so with electric shocks in my legs and spine.  Funny thing is, it has been going on now for so long I am almost used to it.  The intensity has reduced since I started on this not so fun journey.  I actually remember when they first started.  It was years before I decided to taper the Xanax (16 year use).  At first it was just a mild sensation at the base of my spine when I would lay down at night.  I am hopeful that someday these shocks wiill go away altogether.

Same thing happened to me. The shocks and twitches started before I even thought about tapering and I thought it was because of the cyst in my spine until I got curious and did some research and connected the dots. I don't think I have one second where my body isn't twitching all over but I'm so used to it, it doesn't bother me. Can't wait to ditch this stuff but am finding it is unforgiving and has to be respected by tapering slooooowly.

Vally Um,  I think a lot of us taper too quickly because we want off this poison.  My first few cuts were way too large even though I on just a small amount of Xanax daily.  (0.025 once a day)  The recommended 10% cuts do seem to be easier on us.  Good luck with your taper. 

It is very hard to be patient. I still have this urge to rapid taper. But on the other hand I have an urge to do everything really quickly or else... I guess that's the adrenaline talking

Vally Um,  I think a lot of us taper too quickly because we want off this poison.  My first few cuts were way too large even though I on just a small amount of Xanax daily.  (0.025 once a day)  The recommended 10% cuts do seem to be easier on us.  Good luck with your taper.

Thanks. Half of my problem was doing a ct of oxycodone in the midst of this.  I was such a mess I didn't know I was cutting the diazepam too fast. I now know the difference between opiate and benzo withdrawal lol. I would do 10 cts of opiates over this benzo crap. At least it's over in a month.

Joining the twitchers group. Mornings are worst for me, but I have it in the day too, and when going to sleep, accompanied by lovely brain zaps  :tickedoff:

Does anyone have this weird feeling in their face , like the muscle is very very slowly pulling together? It's the same side of the face where my eye twitches

Hi all,  hope everyone is doing ok today

welcome titimon, sorry you are having symptoms again.  Hope it is just a wave as your body is still adjusting and, will be over soon.  Does anything help you with them? 

Just stopping by for now...take care! :)

Thank you, BurnedOut, I dare not take anything anymore, benzos have developed a great disbelief in pharmacy for me, so I would not put any pills, supplements or anything of that kind in my mouth...

Have tried magnesium, triptophan, omega, vit.B, other vitamins, but they would either not help or make it worse. There are very contradictory opinions whether these things help at all, or do even more damage, so I have not used anything for 6 months.

That's smart titimon.  We can have paradoxical reactions to all sorts of stuff we thought would be beneficial.  Pays to listen to our bodies!  Take care  :)

Good morning,  I noticed that supplements that I could not tolerate during my taper and for a long while after now do not seem to amp up my symptoms.  I tried to take a calcium/mag/zinc pill to help ease up my muscle spasms and early on it seemed to both first help and then make the spasms worse.  I tried it for a few weeks about a month ago and I am not sure if it helped but it did not make my spasms worse.  I know I am healing.  Maybe not as quickly as I had hoped but I am healing.  I am 18 months benzo free tomorrow.

Does anyone have this weird feeling in their face , like the muscle is very very slowly pulling together? It's the same side of the face where my eye twitches

Yes !!  I have it.  Feels like botox gone wrong.  It comes and goes.  Don't worry because it will go for good !  I think it is just the muscles coming back to life !  One day the whole side of my face was jerking and felt like it was melting .  wtf  ! don't be afraid because it can't hurt you.  It is just uncomfortable.  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi fellow twitchers and shakers,

I'm in the weeds and probably in acute withdrawals so I cant' post as often.  Hope you all are doing ok and hanging in there.  I had a decent week but, the shaking/muscle spasms/tightening is much worse at times.  It is triggering my sphincter of oddi spasms as well and they were part of reason i went on benzos in the first place....ugh :'(  May need to find a non-addictive muscle relaxer to control that.  Sorry for the rant, just very worried.  Take care.

Hello.

Had these twiches long before benzos. It made me feel miserable. But many things have been in a bad state concerning my life at that times.

I got myself on benzos to get relieve off them.

I am withdrawing the benzos now. The substance i took made them dissapear instantly but the tolerace to te substance rised very quick. I feel muck sicker now, withdrawing, but the twitches did not return. I just dream of them sometimes.

I have to taper the last 3mg now. Let's see.

I dont care if they come back. I can deal with that kind of sympton somehow. (edited: they have been worst at the most stressfull situations in my life, not just permanent twitching. schocks too. and exploding head syndrome. I really think i have had to much stress and some severe  poisoning)

Felix

Felix,

Very glad you are tapering off benzos!  They are just awful.  Your english is excellent!  Glad your twitches didn't return, too.  I find that not being able to deal with some severe stress in my life before taking Benzos made everything harder.  The stress and physical problems led me to Benzos-but they stopped helping.  I am trying to learn how to deal with stress better now so when I'm done with Benzos, I won't ever be tempted to try medication again!  Hope your taper goes well and best wishes!