The body twitchers group

[Bu...]

Hellow BurnedOut.

Yes they stopped helping very fast, indeed.

Awfull stuff. I hope so too, thank you and hope the best for you, too.

We have many ways to deal with situations. Or we will find them. Be Well :)

Felix

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Bu...]

• [Bu...]

• [...]

• [Pa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello.

Had these twiches long before benzos. It made me feel miserable. But many things have been in a bad state concerning my life at that times.

I got myself on benzos to get relieve off them.

I am withdrawing the benzos now. The substance i took made them dissapear instantly but the tolerace to te substance rised very quick. I feel muck sicker now, withdrawing, but the twitches did not return. I just dream of them sometimes.

I have to taper the last 3mg now. Let's see.

I dont care if they come back. I can deal with that kind of sympton somehow. (edited: they have been worst at the most stressfull situations in my life, not just permanent twitching. schocks too. and exploding head syndrome. I really think i have had to much stress and some severe  poisoning)

Felix

Did you take something in the past that could have caused these twitches? (anti emetics like primperan, antidepressants,...) Maybe alcohol. Something for blood pressure, heart,...?

Yes. I drank way too much alcohol for some time. Also these times have been extremely stressfull. My home was a really toxic place to live and i burned out slowly over time. (maybe i had some severe poisonig - i used to work at a factory and had exposure to a chemical that affects dopamine pathways)

I found a new home, stopped drinking and lived there working with horses. It took about three months for all twitches to dissaperar completely.

My new home, became toxic as well - long story - but twitching started again about 10 months in. The stituation though, at my "real"  home escalated and my little Brother died. I started drinking again and experienced the good old stress an existencial fears. 15 Months in new "home/job" i left my "new" home and went to clean my Brothers House. I could not handle it at all.

I started to drink like mad. The twiches have been horrendous then.

Now i dont try to put that much stress on myself and try to be around people who are friendly as much as i can. I dont drink anymore and try to learn everything about health.

Twitching is ok at the moment, not as heavy as it used to be but the experience of benzo withdrawal chanced my life completely. I am another person. I pushed myself constantly to be perfect. Now i go step by step. And no alkohol. best regards, Felix

[88...]

I had pretty horrible twitches and read about Alpha Lipoic Acid, how it's neuroprotective, stops brain cell death so I started taking 1200mg a day about 10 months ago I think.  It's made all the difference for me personally.  I have an occasional twitch in a toe now or hip area, but maybe once a week or so.  I lowered my dose to 600mg.  Diabetics take it for neuropathy.  I also just started Astaxanthin this week, it's what gives salmon and flamingoes their pink color.  It's supposed to be a mega antioxidant with no side effects.  It's big on reducing inflammation which I have a ton of.

MG

You went through so much MountainGirl.  So glad you are feeling a lot better!  Thanks for the info about the Alpha Lipoic Acid!  I'm going to check it out and hope it will reduce my shaking/tremoring and muscle tightness/tingling.  Take care!

[88...]

You went through so much MountainGirl.  So glad you are feeling a lot better!  Thanks for the info about the Alpha Lipoic Acid!  I'm going to check it out and hope it will reduce my shaking/tremoring and muscle tightness/tingling.  Take care!

Hi Sweetie,

Your most welcome, look into the Astaxanthin also, I'm very happy with it, I feel much less inflammation after 5 days of taking it!!  No sx's from it at all.  The ALA will definitely help, don't buy the "R" type tho, have heard ppl have bad reactions to it.

Hugs, MG :smitten:

Do you think (i think the immune system may be overreacting during WD and contribute to inflammation) that natural immune system supressors like CBD from the cannabis Plants could be helpful.

They are very expensive on the net and I am hesitant to buy them (instead of food for example) but CBD (and others) seem to supress the immune system a bit.

I also noticed inflammation occuring at the gums/in the mouth caused by nervously moving the tongue all day. I usually dont chew gum but did then and that condition improved a lot. No more inflammation around the teeth for weeks now. Makes eating a lot more easy.

[88...]

Do you think (i think the immune system may be overreacting during WD and contribute to inflammation) that natural immune system supressors like CBD from the cannabis Plants could be helpful.

They are very expensive on the net and I am hesitant to buy them (instead of food for example) but CBD (and others) seem to supress the immune system a bit.

I also noticed inflammation occuring at the gums/in the mouth caused by nervously moving the tongue all day. I usually dont chew gum but did then and that condition improved a lot. No more inflammation around the teeth for weeks now. Makes eating a lot more easy.

Reduced,

Why would you want to suppress your immune system?  You want to strengthen it.  My Chinese acupuncturist says the gut is our 'second brain'.  It's imperative to get both of our brains healthy again (gut and CNS).  I personally wouldn't use that stuff.  Astaxanthin builds up the immune system without sx's.  I tried probiotics, kefir and all ramped up my muscle cramping bad.  Tried the kefir 4x.  Eat good yogurts.  The inflammation is why we have the sx's.  At 21 months out I'm sick of it, and glad I found the Astaxanthin, I feel less Benzo flu-like after 6 days, and not so swollen feeling in all joints and total body.

MG :smitten:

Hi all.  Hope everyone is doing ok.

I am going to try some Astaxanthin caps from Dr. Mercola's website.  His capsules have alpha lipoic acid in them too.  Will start low and slow and let you know how it goes, too.  Crossing my fingers.

Reducedtoknowing:  I take cannabinoid oil and it helps me some with: GI issues, tremors, aching, anxiety/relaxing and even a little for sleep.  It has very little THC in it, so there is no "high".  I have sphincter-of-oddi disorder (SOD), too and I hope the cannabinoid (CBD) will also help with that once I'm done with the benzos.  Take care.

• 2 weeks later...
[0d...]
hi , im having full body jerks , twisting, arms twisting and fling out legs flick out shoulders jerk about it started yesterday for a few hours but it has lasted all day today, have addrenilin surging through me all day and cant stop pacing this is pure hell it just wont stop, please tell me this symptom goes away

• 3 weeks later...
I often have a need to shake my leg periodically. Reminds me off heroin 'kicking'. Since this is the forger detax, or so it would seem, it is disturbing.

[88...]

I had it horrible about a year out, and decided to give Alpha Lipoic Acid a whirl.  It helped immediately for a lot of the nerve pain, twitches, jerks, etc.  I still get them when I'm flaring bad, but they are minor now and don't bother me.  It helps diabetic neuropathy, so makes sense it would work for us.  I take 600mg in a.m.  Some ppl take 1200mg.  Only downside if taken late in day it can keep you awake.

MG

• 3 weeks later...
hi guys.i'm a short user of xanax.only one week 0.5mg per nights.i don't want to talk about damn withdrawals because here is not the place.just want to say my sleep is broken totally after two weeks off and i have muscle twitch recently when i lay down on bed trying to sleep.my arm,head and legs twitch randomly every minute when my head is shutting down to sleep and i totally couldn't sleep last night.its like my arm is kicking a ball.i'm so depressed and tired because of lack of sleep and mad of myself because i did this to myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Since yesterday I have been having much more twitching in the face (it used to be more in my body)

It's very scary, because how can I know the difference between this being benzo related or it being tardive diskinesia from the antipsychotic I'm taking  ???

It was a very stressful period though, because we had builders in our house and it was a mess.

Seeking help..... I, too am having severe tics involuntary contractions all over my face.....has any one else had this to this degree and healed?  Please let me know... Please give me hope...,, I have the following:

severe muscle twitching contractions spasms in forehead

eyes involuntarily closing shut and squeezing and spasming and jerking

Lower lip turning downward and inside out muscles contracting and stretching pulling lip back and forth

Tics from left and right side of mouth

Severe muscle tics and nerves stretching jumping in left eye ( I have to put tape under my eye and on my forehead because it is so severe).  :'(

I never took an antipsychotic but I took visteral for about 5 days maybe 8 pills total.... Anyone please... I can no longer cope....

I also forgot to mention that I have really severe involuntary jaw contractions spasms as well... :'(

Any any hope please.... This is not livable...... :'( :'( :'(

[88...]

Please,

Hang in there, most have those tics/jerks.  I had them all over body head to toe.  Mine stopped almost completely when I started Alpha Lipoic Acid.  They are standard sx's.  I see you are still tapering.  You will get there, try not to stress too much.

Hugs, MG

Please,

Hang in there, most have those tics/jerks.  I had them all over body head to toe.  Mine stopped almost completely when I started Alpha Lipoic Acid.  They are standard sx's.  I see you are still tapering.  You will get there, try not to stress too much.

Hugs, MG

Thank you mountain girl.... It just scares me because I've had these for the past 14 months since I rapidly cold turkeyed ativan last March of 2015....... thats why i reinstated onto the k after 10 months of being off.... Hoping it would help a little and I could properly taper....so scared its permanent ...damage.....

[88...]

P,

I had them bad at 14 months out CT too.  Like I said I started ALA and it all but stopped, rarely think about it now.  It's your benzo brain trying to trick you, don't listen to it.  You are not permanently damaged, and you WILL heal!!

Hugs, MG :hug:

P,

I had them bad at 14 months out CT too.  Like I said I started ALA and it all but stopped, rarely think about it now.  It's your benzo brain trying to trick you, don't listen to it.  You are not permanently damaged, and you WILL heal!!

Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement...... Means so much....

P,

Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement...... Means so much....

Mountain girl don't know if you have experience on this but I thought I would ask rather quickly... Do you know of anything natural that can help with akasthisia .... Inner restlessness agitation with the constant need to move my legs?  Thank you so much for responding....

• 1 month later...

Random muscle twitches is my #2 most prevalent symptom behind health anxiety! I've had them almost from the start of my taper. It's so annoying. It started to calm down a little over the last couple of months but this week it is back in full force! I'm 6 months off. Almost non stop from when I wake up to when I go to bed. Usually just one little twitch at a time in a random muscle somewhere from my head to my toe. They're not painful and probably not even noticeable to anyone else.

This is a departure from earlier months where they wouldn't happen as often, but when a muscle did twitch, the same muscle would twitch for a few minute.  I once had an eyelid twitch for a couple of weeks straight probably 30 times a day.

Are all of these variations normal? They seem to get worse when I have anxiety as well.  Good luck to everyone!!