Can't sleep all night - Please help!

[8d...]

having a sex life or daily masterbation can improve sleep and you wont have insomnia

I dunno Katie. Love making tends to keep me up longer. :idiot:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [8d...]

• [Wo...]

• [ba...]

• [ga...]

having a sex life or daily masterbation can improve sleep and you wont have insomnia

I'll give it a try!

Right now, the Seroquel is doing the sleeping for me. Feels much better than the Zopiclone. I'm actually dreaming again!

I just don't feel 100% though... Something feels off in my head. I'm guessing it's the aftermath of the Zopiclone. Is this normal, and how long will it last?

Damien did you take another medication before Zopiclone long ago i took a drug phenytoin 2004-2005 i slept very good i would even set my alarm 8 hours after i took it before bed so i wouldnt oversleep and take my morning medicine dose late i keep thinking that medicine somehow made something in my body go "out of wack" starting in 2006 i needed to take over the counter sedatives such as tylenol pm , valerian , melatonin, or alcohol starting after 2008 2009ish

Damien try this a friend mentioned this to me recently i almost forgot to try it , eat some pumpkin seeds and oatmeal my friend showed it to me there  http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/what-eat-deep-sleep?page=3  i hope this tip helps you

I disliked Dr Oz a long time and didnt watch his show  because i thought he was evil since he has the same first name as Mehmet Agca the man that attempted to assassinate Pope John Paul shooting him.

Appreciate the tips.

Really just looking for suggestions on how long I should use the Seroquel to ensure I'm clear of the Zopiclone withdrawal, hwo I should get off of it, and how I can get back to sleeping normally.

I feel a million times better since I crossed over to the Seroquel from that evil Zopiclone.

hi again Damien if your around alot of light inside your home and light from your tv/ computer near bedtime try wearing some sunglasses during that time being around excess light impares anyone's sleep i do this sometimes i want to get some gunnars glasses that are specially made for this but theyre kinda expensive

if you sleep better one night first thing in the morning take notes of what you did the day before to try to do the same rountine over again

i feel your pain damieni i had insomnia problems for years :(

Damien i slept very good this week i dont know if its because i started a new medication that a dr gave me awhle back called citalopram (celexa) weird that one of its side affects is insomnia i break a tiny piece of it 5mg from a 40mg pill

i might be sleeping good because of the pillow i use i have a contour pillow thats made from memory foam like what a tempur-pedic bed is made from i had that pillow a long time i just slept really well the first time this week using it , it was dark i had it upside down mistakenly i continued to use it this way and today i slept 10 hours i pretty much had the same routine i done when i couldnt sleep well i even smoke some as well (im not encouranging you to smoke )

you can find a contour pillow like mine at Target for $20

Tried not using Seroquel last night and could not fall asleep. After 3 hours, I took the pills.

Is this insomnia from Seroquel or the Zopiclone I quit 10 days ago?

Trying to figure out how I can get back to sleeping without meds. Any suggestions?

Is this insomnia from Seroquel or the Zopiclone I quit 10 days ago?

What do you do in terms of diet and sleep hygiene?

The reason you couldn't fall asleep was probably a combination of still being a bit ramped up from the zopiclone tolerance but also because you were anxious about not having anything to help you fall asleep.

For me, melatonin and magnesium, are the things that help me get to sleep. I don't think they actually do much physiologically to help me sleep. But psychologically they are part of my routine and taking them gives me the confidence that I will sleep.

At this point it is all about routine and confidence. You need to be able to get into bed without worrying about whether or not you will fall asleep. It isn't an easy thing to do but a routine, guided by sleep hygiene techniques, is the key.

I try to exercise 30 minutes per day. I also try to eat well, and I do not eat anything after 9pm. My bed time is 1:30am, with a 9:45am wake up.

I usually do 20-30 minutes of guided meditation with my wife before bed. Then I go to the spare bedroom to sleep.

I guess I get nervous when I'm unable to fall asleep. I have a fear I will never fall asleep, or it could take days.

I really desperately want to get off sleeping meds. I just need to find a way of dealing with my OCD and anxiety around sleeping.

I've only been off Zopiclone for 10 days. And on Seroquel for those 10 days. Am I going to need to give it more time?

And, should I taper the Seroquel, or is it a short enough period that I can just stop?

500mg of Valerian

My personal opinion is that valerian will delay your healing since it acts on GABA receptors in a similar fashion as benzos and z-drugs.

nteresting.

Is the rebound insomnia from the Seroquel going to be as evil as Zopiclone?

I'm trying to decide if I should keep going until I feel better or if I should just cold turkey and deal with the sleeplessness now.

Is the rebound insomnia from the Seroquel going to be as evil as Zopiclone?

Some people seem to have trouble getting off of prescription drugs that act as antihistamines like Remeron and trazodone. Seroquel acts on histamine receptors at the dose you are taking. I didn't have problems getting off trazodone. In any case, I wouldn't think it would be nearly as hard as a benzo or z-drug.

I'm really torn right now. Not sure if I should continue on with the Seroquel or if I should just tough it out and deal with sleeplessness.

I mean, how long could I possibly go without sleep?

Damien you can take a higher dose of melatonin i have a bottle of 10mg melatonin i got from Wallgreens vitaminB6 has been added in the melatonin pill its supposed to prolong sleep i took half of one earlier to take a 3 hour nap this morning. the brand of the 10mg melatonin i have is called "restall

It's not recommended to take higher doses of melatonin than, say, 3mg. It's a hormone, you know.

I'd read up on it. Sometimes, ironically, a lower amount is much more effective.

For sleep,  organic tart cherry juice works well due to natural melatonin.  Took about 2-3 weeks to help me, initially, but I'm sleeping more consistently. Also magnesium glycinate and epsom salt baths have been a real help. 

Babyangel, melatonin is taken at bedtime ...not in the morning. And your comment about masturbation is totally inappropriate here.

So when quitting benzos and z-drugs, is it very common to have rebound insomnia?

Is it common to go nights with no sleep at all?

And how long can this last? My OCD has me obsessed with not being able to sleep.

It's not recommended to take higher doses of melatonin than, say, 3mg. It's a hormone, you know.

I'd read up on it. Sometimes, ironically, a lower amount is much more effective.

For sleep,  organic tart cherry juice works well due to natural melatonin.  Took about 2-3 weeks to help me, initially, but I'm sleeping more consistently. Also magnesium glycinate and epsom salt baths have been a real help. 

Babyangel, melatonin is taken at bedtime ...not in the morning. And your comment about masturbation is totally inappropriate here.

Is the masturbation comment inappropriate? If it applies to benzo withdrawl...which could be debatable...Is it inappropriate according to the written rules? I know sex and masturbation have been discussed on other threads and have been deemed "appropriate" just so long as the conversation stays within the parameters of the rules here at Benzo Buddies. I hardly think BA meant anything derogatory by her comment.  ;)

SB

Ahh...here it is :)

"We welcome discussions of all kinds, including those related to sex and sexual disfunction, as related to benzo withdrawal."

pianogirl

"We welcome discussions of all kinds, including those related to sex and sexual disfunction, as related to benzo withdrawal."

pianogirl

Well, gee, have at it. :crazy: Certainly the topic itself is not taboo. Her comment struck me as odd in this particular context with the guys, that's all. I stumbled in here because of the insomnia and medication question.

pianogirl

Snowball,

You have taken my comments out of context and are only quoting a portion of a post I made.  The discussion of masturbation has nothing to do with the topic of this thread: Insomnia.

pianogirl

pianogirl

Snowball,

You have taken my comments out of context and are only quoting a portion of a post I made.  The discussion of masturbation has nothing to do with the topic of this thread: Insomnia.

pianogirl

With all due respect...Would it have been more appropriate to quote the entire post? That is a serious question. Was it against the rules? If so, I apologize.

Snoball :)

pianogirl

Snowball,

pianogirl

With all due respect...Would it have been more appropriate to quote the entire post? That is a serious question. Was it against the rules? If so, I apologize.

Snoball :)

No, not against the rules, but difficult for members to see the reason for my post. It came from a thread that I had locked because a serious discussion had disintegrated into jokes and vulgarity, which is against forum policies.

So many people need support in a wide variety of areas, I would like to see this thread remain on topic so those who suffer with insomnia can receive the help they need. 

pianogirl

I personally see nothing wrong with the comment. I don't doubt that a little sexual release, regardless of the method, could be advantageous.

We're all trying to get better. Let's not sweat the small stuff.