• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [8d...]

• [Wo...]

• [ba...]

• [ga...]

You said you were getting tremors and anxiety from the interdose withdrawal on Zopiclone right?

If you are talking to me the answer is yes.

Also, really important question... If my anxiety and depression have heightened due to Zopiclone, would it be worth it to be considering an antidepressant at this point?

The most important thing is to get off zopiclone and ativan in a controlled manner. I tried 4 different antidepressants while on zopiclone and none of them helped me. In fact, they will probably make things worse initially as your body adjusts to the biochemical changes. It is possible after two weeks that they will start to help you but nobody can predict that ahead of time. If you can accept that it might make things worse for 1-2 weeks then it may be worth the risk for you because you are struggling but that is just my opinion. Ultimately, it is your decision with the help of your doctor.

I've tapered down the 7.5 to about 6.5 and just feeling terrible.

Then you are making progress. If you didn't feel bad, I'd be worried. Be happy about the progress and soldier on.

Last night I skipped my Zopiclone dose. Didn't sleep at all, and had burning sensations in my head and upper body in the early morning.

Wondering if I should just go cold turkey and fight the symptoms.

Lowering the dosage just equals poor sleep, and the daily interdose withdrawals. Or do I need to go through that?

Thoughts?

Last night I skipped my Zopiclone dose. Didn't sleep at all, and had burning sensations in my head and upper body in the early morning.

Wondering if I should just go cold turkey and fight the symptoms.

Lowering the dosage just equals poor sleep, and the daily interdose withdrawals. Or do I need to go through that?

Thoughts?

The problem with cold turkey is that the sudden shock to your system has the potential to cause more serious and permanent damage. That is why a taper plan is advocated. I'm of the belief that the taper plan for short acting benzos and z-drugs doesn't need to take as long as with other ones. Generally speaking I think one month is appropriate, though it depends on how long you've been on it and at what dose.

BTW: I had some trouble sleeping last night too for the first time is a long time. I ended up taking half a zzzquil. I don't like having to resort to that.

Going to see the pdoc today.

Not sure what I need to do at this point.

Do you think I could cross directly over to diazepam? Or do I need to do the cross taper?

Going to see the pdoc today.

Not sure what I need to do at this point.

Do you think I could cross directly over to diazepam? Or do I need to do the cross taper?

I think you need to settle on a plan and stick with it. Too much second guessing. Let us know what the pdoc says.

Pdoc gave me Clons to take in the day if I'm anxious, and Seroquel for sleep.

Hoping it will help with the Zopiclone withdrawal. Didn't sleep even one second last night.

Just went through 4 straight nights no sleep/  I know how horrible that feels.  Best of luck to you.

Hoping it will help with the Zopiclone withdrawal. Didn't sleep even one second last night.

What is clons?

I have been off the Ativan for 10 months now.  Had problems with insomnia for 20 years now and I guess it will still be an issue going forward.  Just not sure if what I am experiencing now is related to the use of these meds.

Clonazepam.

I took 0.25 at 6pm, and 50mg of Seroquel before bed. Worked last night.

We'll see what tonight brings.

Wondering if the Zopiclone will keep affecting me now that I stopped it on Monday, or if the Clonazepam is masking that.

What is clons?

That's good that it helped last night. It has a much longer half life compared with zopiclone so I guess it is like crossing over to valium??? Just make sure you have a plan to taper off of it before you get reliant on it...

I would think withso many people dealing with benzo withdrawals, there would be a need for specific treatment centers.

Are there inpatient facilities that deal with this?

Are there inpatient facilities that deal with this?

I believe the inpatient facilities are for people with more severe issues like seizures or mental health issues. Not typically for insomnia and anxiety.

Hi Damien, i hope you slept better last night, um try to avoid being exposed to excessive light in the late evenings i use my computer more and watch tv more  then so  i just keep my screen dark this sounds silly of me but i wear sunglasses indoors sometimes im kinda sensitive to light i want to get some special sunglasses made to wear when using a computer , excessive light exposure in the late evening can cause sleep problems because our body does not adjust to sleep properly because we're exposed to lights  i hope this helps , god bless you ok  :hug:

So, stopped taking Zopicle on Monday CT. Took 0.25mg of Clonazepam Tuesday to calm my anxiety from the way Zopiclone had me feeling.

Been using 50mg Seroquel nightly since Tuesday to sleep.

So far I've been getting decent sleep, and only some MLD withdrawal effects from the Zopiclone.

Just wondering... While taking Seroquel, am I allowing my mind and body the opportunity to heal from the Zopiclone?

And, what do you guys suggest for my use of Seroquel. How long should I use it, and how should it be tapered?

I feel like I'm finally making some sort of small progress.

Thank you all for your continued advice and support :)

Just wondering... While taking Seroquel, am I allowing my mind and body the opportunity to heal from the Zopiclone?

Yes. But not if you take clonazepam.

Haven't touched the Clonazepam since Tuesday. And that was only one pill at 0.25mg.

How long should I stay on the Seroquel for to let my brain recover?

In my experience, every week that goes by will result in your general anxiety level decreasing since you are no longer taking things that artificially relax it (including alcohol). You need to work hard at techniques to reduce anxiety and sleep hygiene so that you can sleep without seroquel. I wouldn't rush it but if I were you I would try a night or two without Seroquel in a couple of weeks...

So the Seroquel will not affect my healing at all?

I'm going to let a couple weeks go by, and then taper it.

I can't wait to be free!

In my experience, every week that goes by will result in your general anxiety level decreasing since you are no longer taking things that artificially relax it (including alcohol). You need to work hard at techniques to reduce anxiety and sleep hygiene so that you can sleep without seroquel. I wouldn't rush it but if I were you I would try a night or two without Seroquel in a couple of weeks...

Can I ask you what sort of CBT you were doing.

Also, would you at all be open to having a phone chat? I would really like to ask more about your experience and healing process.

Cheers :)

Can I ask you what sort of CBT you were doing.

CBT wasn't for me. But I did see a psychologist and it helped. I learned about neuroplasticity and she taught me that learning to sleep well is no different than learning to play a sport well. It requires time and effort.

Also, would you at all be open to having a phone chat? I would really like to ask more about your experience and healing process.

No. But you can PM me if you want.

having a sex life or daily masterbation can improve sleep and you wont have insomnia

It helps. But you can still have insomnia ;)