Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread

[98...]

[98...]

Ok, momofone, does my plan look ok? The 25v/75a? then the 50v/50a, then 50v/50v? I have 18, 1mg ativan pills left. I think that will cover me...it's just fear, plain and simple.....I will take my 2.5 valium at 11am. appreciate  your support as always, Rose

rose, I'm going to write it out here, so we are all clear again on where you are exactly.

I'm sorry, but I kind of lost track on the times and amounts you are taking Ativan an Valium now.

If I understand it correctly, you dose at 11 am an evening ? Or did you switch to three times?

It would be helpful to see it in one place

For example

-7 am 0.25 a

2pm 0.5 a

9 pm 1 mgr.

also, which dose have you attacked so far?

The morning dose?

Lets work out this plan for you today so you can be on your way.

I understand its fear. Oh, I really do!

You will do just fine.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Momof one,  yes, I have been doing a dose 2.5 Valium in the am(11am, noon)  then a dose of ativan at 7pm, .75.mg. Maybe the morning dose is too early for the valium. I use to only do my ativan only in the evening for many years. Then i hit tolerance w/ds. So I took the ativan at noon and the other dose at 7pm.to even things out. Now, I just have to decide on the 2x a day dosing I quess. that is what I have done the past tues. and wed.  Valium  at 11am  and ativan at 7pm.. But maybe the Valium should be later in the day ?

Im ok with the eve dose, it's the am/ afternoon dose i need tweaking. Gosh, I have such a marshmallow brain these days...I should just take it , try and see what happens...? sorry buddies, im not well

I meant to say wed. and thurs,  I began c/o on wed. I missed yesterday dose because of car trip./ driving tired. 

2.5 v  11am

7.5 a    7pm

[98...]

Momof one,  yes, I have been doing a dose 2.5 Valium in the am(11am, noon)  then a dose of ativan at 7pm, .75.mg. Maybe the morning dose is too early for the valium. I use to only do my ativan only in the evening for many years. Then i hit tolerance w/ds. So I took the ativan at noon and the other dose at 7pm.to even things out. Now, I just have to decide on the 2x a day dosing I quess. that is what I have done the past tues. and wed.  Valium  at 11am  and ativan at 7pm.. But maybe the Valium should be later in the day ?

Hey Rose, got it.

I personally think that dosing two times right now is the right way to go.

You probably don't have enough Valium accumulated in your body to cover all WD xs from Ativan  during the day with one dose at the moment, IMO.

Why is the morning dose too early for the Valium ?

I think it's good to keep the levels consistent.

Maybe you could take the 2.5 Valium mid morning and then your Ativan at your regular time or a little bit later, so you will sleep well? That's important, keeping your sleep!

how long have you been on this 2.5 Valium and 0.75 Ativan now? Two days? If so, maybe hold this for a couple of days and then cross over the rest of your Ativan.

You asked me what now?

So, next step would be to cross over the 0.75 to Valium as well.

The 0.75 is a bit challenging to cut in half, at least that's what I think.

Maybe you could start by replacing 0.25 Ativan at night with 2.5 Valium.

You would then take 2.5 Valium at night PLUS 0.5 Ativan.

You hold that for a couple of days as well.

Then you could either do

5 Valium and 0.25 Ativan

Or 7.5 Valium and cross over right away.

I would not be in a rush myself, because the Valium really does need time to build up.

But you have a limited supply of Ativan, so the choice is up to you. Seeing how you would end up with how much you have.

Does that help?

There is no way around the sedation , I've said that.

If you want to dose later in the afternoon and then the evening, is something you must decide on.

If you can manage the WD xs from Ativan for the whole morning, that is certainly and option.

However, I understand that for many people it is more manageable to space out the dose in the beginning.

Just because Valium needs some time to build up, does not mean it is not already working ( hence the drowsy feeling).

[98...]

Our posts crossed.

You mean 0.75 Ativan and not 7.5 right ?

And the not feeling well has more than likely to do with the Ativan leaving your system.

That's why I said you might want to do a a morning and an evening dose so you will be covered more.

Ok mom, sounds good. But with my thinking :idiot:, would I end up at 7.5 mgs valium.? See, right now my dose is  /was  1mg ativan...  I see your math, but do you mean  2.5 v early dose, then 7.5 eve dose? I think I got that right? where I end up? :) rose

[98...]

1 mgr Ativan is 10 mgr Valium. That is where you will end up.

You are already at 2.5 Valium. Which is 0.25 Ativan.

So you have 0.75 Ativan out of 1 mgr Ativan left to go.

The 0.75 you still have to cross is 7.5 Valium

With the morning 2.5 Valium and the ( later) 7.5 evening Valium, you end up at 10 mgr total.

Now, you need to figure out how you want the remaining 0.75 to cross over.

Either in 3 steps of 0.25

( taking 0.5 Ativan at night and 2.5 Valium for a couple of days, then o.25 Ativan at night and 5 mgr Valium and hold for a couple of days and finally 7.5 Valium total. Together with your 2.5 valium in the morning, that makes 10 mgr Valium)

OR

0.25 Ativan at night and taking 5 mgr  Valium at night. Then hold for a while. Then take 7.5 Valium at night . With your 2.5 in the morning, it's also 10 mgr total.

ok momofone that looks great. I will do the .5 ativan and the 2.5 valium at nite for my next c/o to valium. and hold for a couple of days.. So i will do what I am for a few more days, then, Monday, add this plan, then do for about 3 days would you say, then tweak again/ then .25 ativan at nite  :thumbsup:  ok your a with 5 mgs valium. Keeping my morning dose at 2.5 valium the whole time...I got this...  you are so helpful and I appreciate  what you do  :smitten:  Thankyou m,    rosegal

I just wonder, I know people do ths all the time, taking 2 benzos at the sametime/dose....is it really ok with our bodies?

[98...]

I just wonder, I know people do ths all the time, taking 2 benzos at the sametime/dose....is it really ok with our bodies?

Yes, taking Valium and Ativan is fine together, with the cross over.

It is the way it is done. Everyone who crossed over to Valium has to mix the two.

It is the principle of the Ashton manual. We've all done it! You're fine.

Ashton and Peart recommend it . I did with clonazepam and Valium, felt no different at all.

I already said that the sedation is already wearing off and I am 14 day into full valium as of today.

I am feeling more depressed but felt like this on the Kpin too. Its a crap shoot.

we HAVE to get off this and so we HAVE to go through pain and suffering. Can't heal a broken bone without resetting it. Well that's our brains, its broken and we need to reset it.

Gosh I preach a good word, now if I could practice what I preach I would be all set

Ashton and Peart recommend it . I did with clonazepam and Valium, felt no different at all.

I already said that the sedation is already wearing off and I am 14 day into full valium as of today.

I am feeling more depressed but felt like this on the Kpin too. Its a crap shoot.

we HAVE to get off this and so we HAVE to go through pain and suffering. Can't heal a broken bone without resetting it. Well that's our brains, its broken and we need to reset it.

Gosh I preach a good word, now if I could practice what I preach I would be all set

Lainey,

We don't want to focus on getting off the benzos, so much as we want to use it to heal our GABA regulation and slow down the glutamate damage.

Going slow at a rate of the body's own healing is the key here.

lainyek, mrtmeo.....always grateful for feedback and kinship :smitten:  I was out trying to help hubby mow grass. Im doing a few rows at a time, looks good, going slow,  like the taper.. I too have depression, from the med and i think the fact that Im limited in my activities. Trying to do what I can rather than watch the grass grow. :D But, im heading to a comfy chair. I think Home Alone 2 is on the family ch. Crazy....rosegal

oh my sweet darlin', no ONE could be more sick of themselves then I and I mean it when I say NO ONE!!!!!!

I am so ready to start tapering because just being on the Valium has done absolutely nothing for me in a positive sense.

before you all get "wait, got to stabilize, have to go slow"  I know this and therefore I will wait another week at least but then I need to start doing something because I am in a non-living state of mind right now

oh but I don't want to be completely negative...so I am forcing myself outside to walk 3 miles each day and just doing more and more physical labor, but my mind is always on how I feel

lainyek, Heaven to betsy! You walk 3 miles  a day? Im soooooo jealous. I only walk my dog past 3 houses, 3x day, and come back! I use to swim and do lots of walking. Darn, now I feel worse. :)  Maybe my activity threshold will improve. Be proud of yourself, that's wonderful.  rose

[98...]

lainyek, Heaven to betsy! You walk 3 miles  a day? Im soooooo jealous. I only walk my dog past 3 houses, 3x day, and come back! I use to swim and do lots of walking. Darn, now I feel worse. :)  Maybe my activity threshold will improve. Be proud of yourself, that's wonderful.  rose

rose, she was used to it. It's not something to feel bad about.

I used to swim, walk, do lots of horse back riding. And now, I'm exhausted when I have to empty my mailbox.

It's different for everyone. Some people go to the gym, others get tired just hearing about it.

Way to go Lainey, by the way! I just meant it to show rose it is not her... :smitten:

its all good, I powerwalk in place of me jumping off a roof....that's really what it comes down to. I have to make myself do it or I would have nothing left in me

[98...]

its all good, I powerwalk in place of me jumping off a roof....that's really what it comes down to. I have to make myself do it or I would have nothing left in me

I get that. I did the same thing on Ativan.

Just raced my bike until I couldn't, just to get rid of " that" feeling...

How are you Lainey?