Heart Palps Support Group

[Co...]

Yes atu you are right, I did do the direct cross. So you are saying it is normal to still not be really stable yet , going thru ups and downs and having sx still?

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Wo...]

• [Ha...]

• [me...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think my Cns is still very fragile and now that I am doing more it can throw me into a bit of a wave.

At least the v is sedating and I am practicing coping skills and also listening to my body on when I need to just relax rather then over do it and get worse.

It has been about 4 days though since a panic attack and my heart rate is healing, it is just very slow.

I guess though even in v I might feel a bit better but not ever normal.

Yes atu you are right, I did do the direct cross. So you are saying it is normal to still not be really stable yet , going thru ups and downs and having sx still?

Ruby12,

You crossed over on July 17 that is not that long ago. On some cuts it has taken me up to 30 days to feel really stable. So I would give it more time.

Your outlook or attitude towards your condition is just as important. I'm not saying yours is wrong I don't know you well enough to say that but I know in my case it is so important yo remain as relaxed and positive as possible or my negative fearful thoughts can easily take over.

I'm sure if you relax into your condition accept your sensations and let some more time pass you will begin feeling better.

Peace & Healing.  :smitten:

ATU

Hi atu , oh yes I will keep holding.

I am trying to stay positive and feel happy that I have been able to do a bit more lately.

I have been really trying to work on changingy attitude.

Thanks so much for all your help.

Hugs

Ruby12,

You crossed over on July 17 that is not that long ago. On some cuts it has taken me up to 30 days to feel really stable. So I would give it more time.

Your outlook or attitude towards your condition is just as important. I'm not saying yours is wrong I don't know you well enough to say that but I know in my case it is so important yo remain as relaxed and positive as possible or my negative fearful thoughts can easily take over.

I'm sure if you relax into your condition accept your sensations and let some more time pass you will begin feeling better.

Peace & Healing.  :smitten:

ATU

Wow, thank you for posting this :) Great reminder.

Take care,

Mrs. :smitten:

Hi atu , oh yes I will keep holding.

I am trying to stay positive and feel happy that I have been able to do a bit more lately.

I have been really trying to work on changingy attitude.

Thanks so much for all your help.

Hugs

Hi Ruby, I am in this fight with you. Diagnosed with Lyme Dec 2012 then had my first anxiety attack ever in life. If it weren't for Lyme I would have never been introduced to benzos. I should have just waited it out, got my treatment and treated the anxiety naturally :-(

Anywho...I can't cry over spilled milk.

So now that I am off benzos we will see what is left from Lyme (if anything). We will make it!  :smitten:

This week my most daunting sxs:

Heightened anxiety

Heart palps  :'(

Some twitches

Facial sensations

But then I realized that my cycle ended just yeterday so hormones+benzo W/D=crap

But...I am moving along the best way I can. Through prayer, staying busy as I can and knowing that this is all temporary.  :smitten:

Hi

Does anyone suffer from palpitations after they bloat a lot ......I was doing absolutely fine today swam 50 lengths and strangely after dinner I felt that my stomach was bloated quite a bit and now my heart rate is around 107.... Anyone with similar experiences....it is scaring me.

Love

Bey

Hi Bey,

I think its common for many to experience palps associated with digestion & such; I think it has to do with the vagus nerve somehow. I've also read (& experienced) an elevated heartrate post workout for a little while, and I think this is from perhaps an elevation in cortisol released from exercise, or perhaps from maybe a little bit of vagus nerve stimulation during exercise (or a little of both?).

I'm not a doctor, of course, and this is just conjecture :) If you haven't been evaluated by a doctor, feel free to seek their advice for your particular circumstance. I hope this helps you a little bit :) Take care,

Mrs. :smitten:

Hi Bey,

I think its common for many to experience palps associated with digestion & such; I think it has to do with the vagus nerve somehow.

Great post. I have never seen anyone else that understood the relationship between the Vagus nerve, the damage done by benzo's and the possible manifestations.

I wonder if there is a doctor in the country that is aware?

How long does these heart palps stick around? While mine are way less than before they still hit me here and there I think msg really don't agree with me. I can now eat gluten with no issues. But on average when will they conclude? I guess once we heal 100 percent.  I do not take anything for mine anymore. I took atenolol in the beginning.

How long did they stick around for you and never return?

Happy me

Hi everyone, I feel mine to the point where it feels like I am moving with my heart beat...or my head and eyes pulsate with every heart beat. It's scary  :'(

Today I went jogging and walking bad idea at 9 months my heart rates 90s won't come down! Post excersize I guess it's true! Anyone have this stop? Do I keep excersizibg? I'm getting fat!

Today I went jogging and walking bad idea at 9 months my heart rates 90s won't come down! Post excersize I guess it's true! Anyone have this stop? Do I keep excersizibg? I'm getting fat!

Exercise seems to be one of the only things that's really helped me and my severe heart issues that appear to have been caused by benzos.

I have been benzo free for about 8 months. About 5 months ago I was experiencing skipped beats and sometimes rapid heart beats. It was extreme in that it would skip every other beat and would cause dizziness and faintness. It went on for 5 months, from about 2 months before January when I jumped until about March or April when I was checked out by a heart doctor and then started exercising. 

For me it was more about benzos running my life. I decided that I would no longer allow the drugs to control me regardless of the seemingly life threatening symptoms.

It was hell when I started running and I thought I was going to die out there. The symptoms were always aggregated to an extreme level after exercising for several weeks. I just kept exercising anyway. I am still running and biking 5 months later and I cover about 200 miles a month. I have also been lifting weights an hour a day  for over two months now. My heart issues are for the most part gone.  In fact they were gone completely for months until just recently when work added more stress to my routine.

I went from benzo dependency and barely able to talk and walk to top physical fitness within 5 months. I now have a resting heart rate of 56, a heart rate recovery of 65+, biking 25 miles in one session,  30 inch waist, 50 pull-ups etc.

My advice is to not let a drug or anything run your life. See a doctor and confirm that everything checks out and then get up and start moving. Benzos is not about beat the physical symptoms, it's more about rising above them mentally.

I had very bad heart palps with Graves disease (illness that started me on Benzo med). My hr shot up to 250 at one point but, it was directly releated to my illness, not the Benzo, at that time. I had a complete heart work-up done by a Cardiologist to make sure no damage had been done. Everything came back a-ok. Now with my illness in remission, still taking Benzo med, I still have heart palps. I was told by my Cardiologist that me having a small body frame, I am likely to feel more palps. Made sense to me. I was also told that a resting hr of 100 and under is of no cause for alarm to her. Above 120 for a prolonged period, yes...take a beta (for me, not telling others to take a med).

Heart rate and blood pressure are two different things (per my Dr). My bp was normal/low...while my heart rate would sky rocket.

I've learned over the last 3 yrs dealing with this, though while uncomfortable...this too shall pass. The more stressed I get over it when it occurs, the longer the palps last.  I feel for all of you having them. They are not pleasant.

I was told (taught) by my Cardiologist a breathing exercise that helps bring my hr down and helps deminish strong palps. The exercise is sitting straight, inhale deep, purse lips, and breathe out SLOWLY thru my mouth to the count of 10. Repeat. It seems to help me. I repeat that until I start to feel some relief. Try it. If it helps you great, you've relieved a sx with no meds. :)  :thumbsup:

Wow last two posts, I admire your strength. I feel like a dork mine was 96 after sitting for a good hour . It took time to come down. I guess till spring I'll just walk till I heal. I know for me I have a beta blocker but do not want to depend on it  if I don't need to!  I didn't take one last night and for that I'm proud! Thanks for posting!!! I did have my heart checked out just before acute and nothing was wrong!  Go figure! I wore a heart monitor. For three months. EKG, ultrasound, stress test passed em all! Being one da the d dimer test was a raise for concern. I need to beat this in my mind!

Hugs, happy me

As far as my skipped beats go...I've had them on and off for MANY years.  At age 58 I've noticed that they are not occurring as frequently while at rest.  When I exercise and my heart rate is above a sustained level they come on with a vengeance.  At the completion of the workout they stop almost immediately.  I have no other symptoms and continue to plow through my workout.  Anybody else out there that experiences this??

I was told (taught) by my Cardiologist a breathing exercise that helps bring my hr down and helps deminish strong palps. The exercise is sitting straight, inhale deep, purse lips, and breathe out SLOWLY thru my mouth to the count of 10. Repeat. It seems to help me. I repeat that until I start to feel some relief. Try it. If it helps you great, you've relieved a sx with no meds. :)  :thumbsup:

My physical therapist told me to the do the same and it does work! Thanks!

I was just wondering if anyone got started on benzos just because of the palps? I have had them for as long as i can remember the occasional one here and there .A few mos ago I had a cluster of them that lasted for a few hrs,sent me into a full on panic attack. Thats where my anxiety began,  with these damn palps!

My question to you is when im finally off clozenpam im worried they will come back with a vengeance, what are the chances?  Im tapering now and am starting to get a few here and there.  Its really uneasy for me and I don't want to be on meds anymore :-\

• Popular Now