Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Heart Palps Support Group

[Co...]

Hi WonderNova! Yep you guessed it...my oxygen level is always perfect! Sigh...not going to complain. I just want this symptom to go away for good!

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Wo...]

• [Ha...]

• [me...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I developed SVT while I was in tolerance on Ativan.  I'm 48 and recently noticed that I'm getting a random sharp almost pinch in my breast bone.  It lasts for about a second.  Yesterday happen just a few times.  Today I'm noticing it because I'm on high alert.  I was wondering anyone else has experienced this. 

It sometimes makes me think it's gas.  I never had this before I started my taper, which I started almost a month ago.

I don't take a beta blocker-I've never been able tolerate them.  Any insight would be appreciated.

TRY

I developed SVT while I was in tolerance on Ativan.  I'm 48 and recently noticed that I'm getting a random sharp almost pinch in my breast bone.  It lasts for about a second.  Yesterday happen just a few times.  Today I'm noticing it because I'm on high alert.  I was wondering anyone else has experienced this. 

It sometimes makes me think it's gas.  I never had this before I started my taper, which I started almost a month ago.

I don't take a beta blocker-I've never been able tolerate them.  Any insight would be appreciated.

TRY

so how are the SVT's being treated at present?

Nobody, really?

TRY

Sorry Try. With Mentor answering you I missed your original question. I've had all kinds of weird chest pains since I started having anxiety/panic issues. They always turn out to be nothing, but of course you should check it out if you feel you need to.

I've been tricked by chest sensations so much that now I've told myself to only worry if it's 1) prolonged 2) doesn't go away with a change in position 3) is accompanied by light headedness, shortness of breath, fainting etc.

Anxiety, (especially W/D anxiety), is such an imitator. It can really mess with your mind. I hope you feel better soon.

Hi LM ....

I had terrible diaphragm sensations like rolling between my breasts....I hated that feeling so much...I also had numb sensations on the top of my rib cage right under my breasts....it was so uncomfortable.....I hope all of this clears up for you soon....

...m :smitten:..

I have been having heart palps at least I guess that's what they are. I get them especially in the eary morning cortisol rush period.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Anyway it has been going on now for the last four or five days. Today I cut any way. I was wondering if anyone else with this issue has cut during the time these palps were present?

Thanks

ATU

Thanks Wondernova and Minnie for your replies.

They did go away.  I still get palps , but the pain was very alarming.  Now I know it's related to withdrawal. 

It's so difficult when you already are stressed with the w/d and then to add all these different mental and physical feelings.  Makes your nerves/ anxiety even worse. 

Thank you for your responses I really appreciate them.

Wishing everyone here the best through this challenging journey.

TRY

I have been having heart palps at least I guess that's what they are. I get them especially in the eary morning cortisol rush period.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Anyway it has been going on now for the last four or five days. Today I cut any way. I was wondering if anyone else with this issue has cut during the time these palps were present?

Thanks

ATU

Well I never got any responses so I guess I am unique. I searched for this and found a few suggestions. Breathing exercises and magnesium.

Took some Magnesium Chelate and soon after they stopped. Good to know for the future.

:thumbsup:

ATU

I tried magnesium it made me sick. I try to eat almonds for the magnesium.

Heart palps are my worst symptom!

Happy

Was it magnesium Chelate? The other forms don't agree with either.

I was eating almonds as well but found out they are high in natural glutemate and they would set off my SXS.

Cheers:

ATU

Hi LM ....

I had terrible diaphragm sensations like rolling between my breasts....I hated that feeling so much...I also had numb sensations on the top of my rib cage right under my breasts....it was so uncomfortable.....I hope all of this clears up for you soon....

...m :smitten:..

Hi Minnie, when did it go away? I've been slammed now with shortness of breath, heart palps, heightened anxiety (I have my period). I had a slight window on Friday eve. It was nice! Then I got slammed yesterday and today (also had a bunch of lab work done Friday). Praying this goes away soon!

Happy

I was eating almonds as well but found out they are high in natural glutemate and they would set off my SXS.

Cheers:

ATU

Almonds don't bother me yes it was drs best made me sick sick. Guess one size don't fit all. Lol my luck!

Happy

Cheers:

ATU

Almonds don't bother me yes it was drs best made me sick sick. Guess one size don't fit all. Lol my luck!

Way to go " Haapy Me" you are an inspiration to all of us! 👍

:thumbsup:

ATU

I had a heart abalation.  Knock on wood SVT has been minimal.  I don't take anything for it.

wow

that is what they tried to do to me

I told the cardiologist he was an idiot and would not be paying the 20% deductible

I am glad it helped you though.

Nobody, really?

TRY

can you share a little more?

how bad were your SVT's? At what BPM did they generally settle in at?

How did they convert you during the SVT events?

How many/often did you have events?

For how long did you suffer with them? Years? months? weeks?

Hello folks. I'm about 3 & 1/2 months out, and having lots of windows and waves. Overall, it feels like healing is happening. The only constant is these pesky palpitations. I would greatly appreciate it if any folks who had a rough go of it with these things, and healed, could come by and post about the details of their journey with the palps. I'm really struggling with the thought that I've got these forever. I would very much like to hear when they went away.

Hi wonder.....

I had them bad......I went to the er because the dr office said they thought I should be checked further.....the stress test at the hospital showed something off...so they admitted me for 2 days....they decided to do a heart cath....

Well after all of that they found nothing wrong...they said my heart veins looked beautiful.....what crazy stuff we have to endure...

I started to take a beta blocker after that incident.....it is all gone now and has been for a few mo.....it is so scary...I know....

It is also very common.....something Ashton said is that when our hearts race it is no different than if we would be running to catch a bus...

Anyway wonder take care....this will pass for you......m :smitten:....

Thank you so much Minnie :smitten: Most of the time I'm okay with it, but having these day after day get's the better of me sometimes. I'll try to keep telling myself they're not dangerous.

Hi wonder.... how is your head pressure?.....I hope it is giving you some breaks..m... :smitten:

Much better the past couple days. Still around, but not as relentless. At this stage, stuff is just coming and going. Except the palps. They've been a constant for 7 months. I think they'll fade eventually though. I think it all will.

How are you doing minnie? Big windows I hope!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi There,

I posted many pages  back quite a while ago about my heart palps and SVT and all the things that I found have worked. Anyway, I had them constantly and even had heart rates over 250 bpm. I had them for years and even had 2 cardiac ablations. I continued to have them after my ablations and now know it was from interdose w/d. I am now 13 months off of Xanax and have only had 1 short burst of fast rate in the past 6 months. It does get better! I promise!

:smitten:

Hopeful Girl

Mine were bad in tolerance and real bad first three months then gone till this past October no triggers as far as stress but msg will do it for me!! Anyhow I have atenolol for it I am allowed to take as needed over a almost year only took 24 pills I nibble till they go away the whole 25mg tablet is to mich for me my bp goes to low! Anyhow I take it of mine goes over 100. Stress and even a cup of coffee or a beer don't trigger it go figure! It's my worst symptom except air hunger that hit me in oct is almost as bad! But it will get better I know it will!!!

Hugs happy

Hi There,

I posted many pages  back quite a while ago about my heart palps and SVT and all the things that I found have worked. Anyway, I had them constantly and even had heart rates over 250 bpm. I had them for years and even had 2 cardiac ablations. I continued to have them after my ablations and now know it was from interdose w/d. I am now 13 months off of Xanax and have only had 1 short burst of fast rate in the past 6 months. It does get better! I promise!

:smitten:

Hopeful Girl

I'm really glad they went away for you. Gives me much needed hope.  :smitten: