Heart Palps Support Group

[Co...]

Do any of you guys find though that when standing you get very dizzy and short of breath?

Mine has been so high lately, the other night I had a hrt rate of 150 just from standing.

It just scares so much because my Bp and hrt rate are so all over the place and unregulated that I worry I can't even walk around without either passing out or going into a heart attack or stroke.

And this is daily.

Are others sx like this daily?

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Wo...]

• [Ha...]

• [me...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ruby,

Reading through the posts of this entire heart palps support group thread helped me a lot with my concerns. I've also been tested extensively (holter monitor, 30-day monitor, overnight hospital stay for observation, numerous EKG's, etc -- all 100% healthy and normal), and am healthy and normal. In my case, it is just withdrawal-related. In fact, my cardiologist said this very thing, and said he saw these occurrences happen often with benzodiazepines.

Of course, these are just my personal experiences. Feel free to decide what is best for you :) You are doing great, buddy :) Rest well tonight and take care,

Mrs. :smitten:

Hey mrs, do you mind telling me what symptoms caused you to have all those tests?

I have already had about 6 ekgs, chest x ray and chest ct and nothing.

What were your hrt rate and Bp issues like, how bad and did they fluctuate all day long

Weevil-I've read somewhere that PACs/PVCs in healthy hearts are a "variation of normal." Maybe that's a more apt description.

I think I have spent most of the day perusing this forum, and I have again found a ton of personal experiences that fit my situation and help put me at ease.  I never had any palpitations until I started xanax, and I also went through the multiple ekgs, monitors, and a stress test, all normal.  Every time I mentioned that maybe I was having withdrawals, or that the xanax may be at fault the Docs, balked at the idea.  Thanks to all involved with this site. 

Unbelievable. My Doc told me my palps were a sign I wasn't ready to come off klonopin. No recognition of withdrawal. I firmly believe our Docs are this way out of ignorance, not malice. This site saved my life nailbanger. No exaggeration.

Just wondering if anyone has a constantly high heart rate thru wd?

And do you have to take meds for this on a daily basis?

Do any of you guys find though that when standing you get very dizzy and short of breath?

Mine has been so high lately, the other night I had a hrt rate of 150 just from standing.

It just scares so much because my Bp and hrt rate are so all over the place and unregulated that I worry I can't even walk around without either passing out or going into a heart attack or stroke.

And this is daily.

Are others sx like this daily?

see a doctor

a heat rate of 150 without exercise is concerning

I know that's why I am so freaked out.

This actually happened at the hospital and the we doc saw it.

They had me hooked to a heart monitor for 8 hours and couldn't find anything.

Did 2 ekgs, ct and x ray of chest, blood tests and nothing.

I am waiting on the results of the holter.

What could cause this?

I have since been taking small doses of atenolol and it is better.

Was checked for Addison's and don't have that.

Tsh is normal.

This is scaring me to death.

I was having a panic attack at the time. It also did come back down to normal by the time I left.

Had it checked again today and upon standing heart rate was 112. Resting ( sitting) was 109.

Just really want the holster test results.

I am only 33. Do have a history of Lyme disease but had that checked today and Lyme seems to be gone.

It's always good to get checked out by a Doctor.

When I was on Ativan and trying to taper off, twice I might add. I twice fainted at home due the effects of tapering and had at least one visit to the ER for crazy heart rate and crazy high Blood Pressure.

Once I told the ER doc I was tapering Ativan he said he wasn't concerned with the numbers then and I should go home and take some more. WTF

That's when I decided to see my GP and cross over to Valium.

I am not off Valium yet but the process is a lot smoother.  Just saying!

Best of luck

ATU

and I should go home and take some more. WTF

This made me literally laugh out loud, ATU :P

Glad things have smoothed out for you!  Take care for now,

Mrs. :smitten:

Had it checked again today and upon standing heart rate was 112. Resting ( sitting) was 109.

Just really want the holster test results.

I am only 33. Do have a history of Lyme disease but had that checked today and Lyme seems to be gone.

my guess is that all it will show is a healthy heart that is overactive

didn't you say the beta blocker helps?

it should.

huddle with your doctor and let him know this, maybe short term the answer is to continue this therapeutically

Hey mentor, yep the beta blockers do seem to help.

I just don't want to drop my Bp too much but when it slows my heart rate my Bp actually comes up a bit so so far they seem pretty good.

Even on them my pulse is still a bit high but I am only taking a very low dose.

Mine are PACs. (Premature Atrial Contractions). They feel like an early beat followed by a pause. Then normal rhythm resumes. If I'm not checking my pulse at the time it happens, it feels like a flutter in my chest or a heart hiccup.

I've had an EKG and a 24 Hr holter monitor. The holter showed the PACs. The Doc said they're benign. Definitely get them checked out. The other sx you've mentioned can definitely be anxiety. Myself and others have had those, but check them out to be on the safe side.

I've had pacs and pvcs for years.  They caused me lots of anxiety and difficulty in sleeping which eventually led me to using some of the meds you see in my profile.  I eventually had 2 ablations which helped reduced the skips in 2009.  At age 58, what I am experiencing now is occasional pvcs or pacs while at rest but when I exercise they pick up in frequency while my heart rate is elevated.  As soon as I stop the workout they come to an abrupt stop. There are no adverse symptoms such as shortness of breath or lightheadedness.  Anyone else out there dealing with something similar?  Just curious.  I can't imagine they're a problem since I feel fine.  I try my best not to let these things bother me and just go on with my life.

I first experienced occasional skips as a teenager.  In my 30's and 40's they really picked up.  There came a point I needed something to calm me down a bit so I could fall asleep.  That is when I was introduced to ambien and ultimately restoril and Ativan.  Finally had the ablations a few years back which really helped in reducing them.  However, as I said, I now have a flareup when I am exercising.  Not sure what that's all about but I don't like it.  Still trying to ignore them the best I can.  I WILL NOT take anything to relax myself.  No benzos for certain.  I have upped the dose to toporal from 50 to 100 mg.per day.  Hope this answers your question.

I am so sorry about this garron.

I never really ever experienced any heart issues until going onto Ativan and then tolerance and now wd.

I do have Lyme disease though so it took a long time to figure out what was causing what and this likely lead to me being on the Ativan far longer then I ever should have been.