Heart Palps Support Group

[Co...]

I have a question...does anyone else feel their heart beat throughout their body? Scary :-( when I saw a cardiologist he had a term for it but I forgot. He said it almost feels like a tremor going through your body.

Anyway I am having a good day mentally...the physical sxs are still there and this is one of them.  :(

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Wo...]

• [Ha...]

• [me...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question...does anyone else feel their heart beat throughout their body? Scary :-( when I saw a cardiologist he had a term for it but I forgot. He said it almost feels like a tremor going through your body.

Anyway I am having a good day mentally...the physical sxs are still there and this is one of them.  :(

yep, for years

that same kind of pulsing like when you have a bad headache all down my back and chest, arms...

eating was one of the things that would set it off

Thanks Ruby.  It's not nearly as bad now as it was years ago.  Just an annoyance.  Since I am feeling physically well I am really not overly concerned about it.  It's probably just normal for me.  Most pvcs are really not harmful as long as there is no underlying heart disease.

When my heart rates up I can see it in my eyes and I also can feel the sensation u mention it cause me panic!

That's crazy...even he (the cardiologist) said anxiety can cause this and benzos. Even he knew the deal about benzos!

So I just got the results oft holter monitor and my heart rhythm was totally normal but I am getting pre ventricular beats apparently.

Anyone know what these are and whether they are dangerous?

Not to worry....completely normal as long as you have no underlying heart disease.  As I told you I have had them for many years, usually they occurred at rest.  Now I seem to get them when exercising and they disappear as soon as I stop.  I have no other symptoms other than the annoying skips.  Just try to ignore.  Easier said than done, I know.

Hey mrs, were you ever told you had these too?

And if so what did your cardiologist say about them?

Apparently I had 15 in 48 hours.

I am being sent to a cardiologist

At least there were no arythmias

My fan dr said that too many pvcs are not good.

Thanks also garton.

So you were also told they were harmless.

I have finally been put on a beta blocker to see if this helps.

Can you guys give me any more info on these?

And how would I know if I had heart disease?

I do use toporal which is a beta blocker.  It was originally prescribed for high blood pressure but also helps with the pvcs.  Might be worth talking to your doctor about it if they are really bothering you.

I had thousands a day so 15 is nothing really to be concerned with.  As far a heart disease goes there are other tests such as the treadmill and echocardiogram which your cardiologist would suggest if he is concerned about the possibility of heart disease.

I had thousands a day so 15 is nothing really to be concerned with.  As far a heart disease goes there are other tests such as the treadmill and echocardiogram which your cardiologist would suggest if he is concerned about the possibility of heart disease.

same here

I get 15 in 48 hours nearly always now and consider myself cured.

So I finally got a chance today to talk toy dr more about the holter results and he was not concerned at all said it was nothing Andy heart was totally fine.

Still wants me to go to a cardio for peace of mind but told me he is pretty sure all will be totally normal.

I finally feel much better about these issues and can allow them to just pass as either panic or wd sx.

In fact they can't find anything wrong with me at all in any regard.

So I finally got a chance today to talk toy dr more about the holter results and he was not concerned at all said it was nothing Andy heart was totally fine.

Still wants me to go to a cardio for peace of mind but told me he is pretty sure all will be totally normal.

I finally feel much better about these issues and can allow them to just pass as either panic or wd sx.

In fact they can't find anything wrong with me at all in any regard.

Ruby12,

That's good news and it always helps relax our anxious minds when a Doctor says that.

Just let some time pass and you should be fine.

Peace & healing.  :thumbsup:

ATU

Thanks Atu, that is what I am trying to do and trying to let the secondary dear go.

Ruby12,

Your right of course to mention secondary fear. That is what so much of this extra pain is in withdrawal.

It's our anxiety reved up because we are scared of the way we feel. Then we add second fear to first fear and the cycle goes on.

Recovery from anxiety really lies in acceptance of our sensations and feelings, we know they are temporary and will subside if only we can accept them and let time pass and float through.

One method is to just lie quiet and observe these feelings without reacting to them, observe them and in your mind describe them in simple terms. Say to the sensations, I know what your are and I am ok with you being here right now. Accept them and in time with practice because we take away their power that way, they will disappear.

Hang in there.

We are always here if you need to vent or chat. We are all going through more or less the same experience.

:smitten:

ATU

All Tied...you bring up some things I have read previously on how to handle anxiety.  Very good points.

Ruby...Congrats to you.  I had a feeling everything would be okay!

All Tied...you bring up some things I have read previously on how to handle anxiety.  Very good points.

Ruby...Congrats to you.  I had a feeling everything would be okay!

Ruby I am glad you're fine!!!!!  :smitten:

Thanks so much guys.my heart rate is still a bit high even metropolol which is bugging me a bit and feeling a bit better now on the v, still not great bit ok.

Thanks so much guys.my heart rate is still a bit high even metropolol which is bugging me a bit and feeling a bit better now on the v, still not great bit ok.

Ruby12,

Hang in there dear, things will get better with each passing day!

Practice your relaxation techniques, they really help.

:smitten:

ATU

Hey tau, thanks so much.

I was able to go out shopping a few days ago and work today. So that is a start, not looking forward to tapering again though.

I also still feel like I am. Going thru windows and waves from the Ativan.

Hey tau, thanks so much.

I was able to go out shopping a few days ago and work today. So that is a start, not looking forward to tapering again though.

I also still feel like I am. Going thru windows and waves from the Ativan.

Well Ruby12,

If I recall you switched from A to V with no real crossover.

In ready many posts on here people who do that or cross too quick often have these lingering issues.

It does get better though, it always does. Just get stable and go down slowly with holds.

If you are going to do the daily micro taper, well that plan usually includes holds as well. I find that whether it's a cut and hold or a daily micro taper, it's the holds that give your brain the time it needs to catch up.

Your doing great, keep up the good work!  :thumbsup:

ATU