Help with starting liquid taper from Xanax and adding Valium

[...]

Knowing me, I would not put myself in the position of having to suffer.  If this meant keeping three doses of crumbs until the bitter end, then so be it.  Xanax is EXTREMELY potent, right down to the crumb.  Think of this:  as soon as I jumped at .0625, I began having insomnia again for about 3-months.  So my body definitely missed that little chunk of pill. 

There is often an acute phase right after jumping.  My post withdrawal acute had to be that insomnia.  What else could have caused that to happen?  Nothing but no Xanax in my system.  I HATE insomnia so I was very uncomfortable for this period of time.  But my body eventually adjusted and now I'm sleeping great.

You want to step off slowly as is tolerated by your body.  Listen to the signals your body is sending you and taper accordingly.  It could be that you could ride it out and your body would adjust to the missing dose.  But this requires riding the symptoms out.  Do you have the fortitude to handle this?  Only you know the answer to this question.  The thing to keep in mind is that your body WILL adjust. But often this takes time.

As I said, rather than suffer I'd probably just cut a bit off of the dose, but keep it intact.  Think about the titrators.  They mix their Xanax in liquid.  The liquid is divided up into ever how many doses they are accustomed to, so it's not unusual to keep dosing 'as is' until the end of a taper.

Be gentle with yourself and step off in a way that is tolerable for you.  I'm sorry you got hit like this JACD.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Ju...]

• [...]

• [ba...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Juliea

I knew you'd say this! I knew you'd say for you, you would just keep going until the end. I'm so confused right now. I feel like hell but, I'll hold out IF this fades like all the other cuts do. Like in a few more days.But I don't want to be dying on the vine here if it doesn't go away in the next few days.

I've got it set pill wise for either scenario. I'll take it as it comes.

So, yes, after you stopped taking Xanax , your 'hit' was insomnia for 3 months, right? Was that all? Did you feel the WD craving for the meds after you stopped?

Cause that's what I'm worried about too. Having this 'craving' for it. Not a 'mental' craving like booze etc, but a 'physical' craving . Like 'give me this or you'll feel sick' craving.

Because I'm not 'addicted' to Xanax. Never was. It's just when I stop my CNS goes nuts. That's why I'm so pissed.

Because I didn't even like this stiff, not like booze, and I'm so sick because of something I'm not even that into.

I guess I'm just asking, am I inevitably going to be in this same position ( suffering from no pill) even when I'm at a microscopic amount and do jump?

Will this craving, uptightness, feeling happen no mater what?

Or is it less bad jumping from say, 4 grams instead of 8 or 10 grams?

That's what I want to know.

Does it make a difference post xanax jump to jump from practically nothing?

Or does it not make a difference either way no matter when you stop taking it, whether it be 10 grams or 1 gram, you're still gonna get hit , from simply not taking anything any more.

That's what I'm trying to figure out.

Because if it doesn't make a difference no matter when you jump ( or drop a dose) if you get hit anyway, then I'll take the pain now and get it over with.

But if you get hit LESS or not at all, if you jump or drop from a microscopic crumb, then I'll wait and do that.

I just want to know if it makes a difference when you do it or not. Because the dose I've dropped last night was like a .333, that's pretty small.

I've never felt what I would classify as a craving.  Even when I was getting hit hard, I did not think ... Oh, hmmm, I can take a Xanax and feel better.  It just didn't happen with me because I never made the connection with feeling better by taking a Xanax.  Only for sleep, yes, I liked being able to take a pill and go straight to sleep.

Yes, I had trouble sleeping for about three months.  I got hit with the face swelling/itching when I got back home about 3 weeks post jump.  This lasted three or four days.  Those were my only acute-like symptoms.

Other than the insomnia and the itch/swelling face, I did not experience any acute symptoms.  But since I really dislike insomnia, it was pretty rough. 

My jump wasn't bad.  It truly wasn't.

I jumped at my cut rate.  Had I continued to taper down a bit more once I got to .0625, could I have avoided the insomnia?  I don't know.  I don't believe I could have continued tapering.  I was so over it by that time all I could think of was stopping. 

Hey Juliea,

Yes, when I say 'craving" I don't mean 'addiction" like 'drug /booze' craving to feel better. I don't mean that. I mean your physical body being uncomfortable and you know the reason why is because it's wanting its Xanax.

Not that YOU think it will make you 'feel better'. YOU know it won't . I'm saying the 'physical sensations of discomfort from not taking the pill anymore.

That's what I mean. Not like 'oh I'm craving a choclate Ice cream". Or 'god I want a drink". No . Not like that. That's what I mean when I say, I'm NOT addicted to Xanax. It just hijacked my CNS and when I want to stop,I get sick.

I , JACD, don't crave it or 'need' it, my CNS does. And acts up when it doesn't get it.

That's what I mean.

It's like a 'burning/physical' feeling. And it's happening because your BODY is 'craving' the dose. I'm not. Now, I'm craving a drink sometimes! THAT I miss. Guilty as charged! But not this crap.

But my BODY does. That's what I mean. Interdose withdrawals. That's what I mean by 'craving'.

And did that 'feeling' go away when you dropped your dose?

I've never felt what I would classify as a craving.  Even when I was getting hit hard, I did not think ... Oh, hmmm, I can take a Xanax and feel better.  It just didn't happen with me because I never made the connection with feeling better by taking a Xanax.  Only for sleep, yes, I liked being able to take a pill and go straight to sleep.

Yes, I had trouble sleeping for about three months.  I got hit with the face swelling/itching when I got back home about 3 weeks post jump.  This lasted three or four days.  Those were my only acute-like symptoms.

Other than the insomnia and the itch/swelling face, I did not experience any acute symptoms.  But since I really dislike insomnia, it was pretty rough. 

My jump wasn't bad.  It truly wasn't.

I jumped at my cut rate.  Had I continued to taper down a bit more once I got to .0625, could I have avoided the insomnia?  I don't know.  I don't believe I could have continued tapering.  I was so over it by that time all I could think of was stopping.

Hey Juliea,

When you say you jumped at your cut rate you mean since you were cutting .0625 at a time, when it was time (a week later or so) to cut another .0625 and you only had that last one left, you jumped. Correct?

You didn't break it down further or anything right?

But Didn't you start from a high dose?  Did you ever drop a dose before your final jump?

And if so, how did that feel?

I think you said you did it all at once so when you'd cut you'd cut across the board right? And when it was done that was it? Because you took your pills all at once right?

Or did you ever have to drop a dose along the way, before your final jump? If so, how did that feel?

Well, I didn't have interdose withdrawals.  But on hit days, my CNS really kicked up and let me know it was compromised.  It hasn't been that way post jump.  Symptoms would come and go and I've had a few waves but nothing like when I was tapering and ESP not as bad as tolerance when I was at my most probable worst.

See, it's all relative to me.  I was so bad during tolerance that my jump has been a cake walk comparatively.  A "normal person" might have interpreted the symptoms as terrible.  But I didn't because I knew what terrible was and post taper hasn't been terrible. 

Edit:  I see you posted again.  No, the only dose I dropped was the last .0625.  The one dose per day is all I ever took.  Yes, I jumped at my cut rate which was .0625, from just above 1.5 all the way to zero.  Last dose taken .0625.  I've known some dry cutters who cut the .0625 piece in half and jumped from there. 

Even the times when I was taking up to 6mg per day, I always took it all at once.  Hit the bed, took my pills and lights out.

So, on your Hit days when you would cut, that's when your CNS would act up, right? You never got interdose wd's because you took it all at once, like I used to.

Yeah, so when you jumped you stopped getting the act up sensations from your CNS. That's good to hear. So on your final jump, you didn't get a 'withdrawl' craving from not taking your .0625 anymore?

Well, if so, that's what I hoped would happen to me. Still we'll see, it has only been one day, maybe things will get better today.

I do feel I got hit twice yesterday. Once by dropping a dose and then the usual feeling coming from not having the same amount of X in me.

Hi Juliea,

Last question..

Do you think it's 'safe' if I decided to go back to my mid dose tomorrow and then just make it smaller, will I be allright?

I'll still do the reduction , the cut, I'll just keep all three doses.

But since I dropped the mid one for a day or two and then put it back, it wont mess things up will it?

It's not like an updose right?

It will still be the same abound of X just cut from somewhere else. And I'll go back to three crumbs a day, instead of just two.

So, on your Hit days when you would cut, that's when your CNS would act up, right? You never got interdose wd's because you took it all at once, like I used to.

I felt pretty crappy during most of my taper but MUCH LESS crappy on the low doses, so much so I was really relieved to be feeling better.  My body and mind interpreted this as feeling well, not perfect but pretty well, for me.  Remember, I had felt crappy for many years.  But my CNS REALLY felt even more crappy on the days I got hit.  There was a distinct uptick in the already existing symptoms on hit days.

Yeah, so when you jumped you stopped getting the act up sensations from your CNS.

I stopped getting the upticks as related to cuts.  But I still had, (and still have), a few symptoms that will act up at times, especially during times of stress and over exertion.

So on your final jump, you didn't get a 'withdrawl' craving from not taking your .0625 anymore?

I still don't understand what you mean by withdrawal craving.  Did I feel the dose was missing?  Yes.  Was it unmanageable?  No, it was not unmanageable and was nothing like the hit days when they were at their worst.

I do feel I got hit twice yesterday. Once by dropping a dose and then the usual feeling coming from not having the same amount of X in me.

You probably did feel it when you dropped the dose.  This would not be unusual.  But was it unmanageable?  Remember, you've made it through some pretty rough 'hit day's' by now, so you know the symptoms / feelings are temporary.  I believe you've taken it slowly and carefully enough that you will pretty easily stabilize right back to where you were pre-cut.

As far as the dosing --- it's up to you.  I would dose in a way that is comfortable for me.  And no, as long as the dose for the day stays the same, it would not be considered an up dose to just change one of three doses for the day.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Juliea!

How are you?

Well, here is my 'update"...It WORKED, thank god, I stuck with it and dropped the mid dose and it worked. I made it.

I now only dose 2 x a day. Not three. Thank God.

It was tough that first night, you always know when I'm scared or nervous about my next move, I ask you a lot of questions! Anyway, That first night was hard, my worst hit in months. And yes, I do think I was hit twice, once from the cut and another from just skipping ( dropping) the dose. It was a 10 that day. But 24 hours later, it was still bad but it went down to about a 7-8 intensity. Then 48 hours later ( day 3) it was a 5-6, and then it went away!

The worst was the interdose withdrawls. And yes, THAT'S what I mean when I say the word 'craving" I mean 'missing" a dose, or a Interdose withdrawl feeling. Like your BODY is missing it.

That's what I mean. Not the feeling from a 'cut" but the feeling from skipping or dropping out a whole dose. That's what I mean.

Anyway, I had that bad for the first 3 days, but then...it stopped. And when it was time to dose, I didn't feel the Interdose WD. It was cool.

And it's been like that for 15 days now.

And yesterday I made another cut. Still dosing 2 x a day , just cut my night dose by 8-10 grams. That was last night. I feel OK, this is just like the regular old 'cuts', so it's not too bad.

In fact, I HOPE to be able to cut again in about 8 days this next time. I really don't want to have another 12-14 day hold on this latest cut.

Wanted to ask you, do you think I'll be OK, if I ( listing to the body , of course)  end up cutting on day 8 instad of my usual day 10-12 holds?

I have felt the past 3 or 4 cuts I could have cut much sooner but only held due to 'life' drama B.S. not health reasons. But then I worry I don't want to change things up here.But I do feel fine some times but just hold just because that's what I did in the past...

What do you think?

Anyway, I'm happy I'm on 2 x a day now. I made it.

Yay, you made it to two doses per day, JACD!! Well done on that.  :thumbsup:

My average hold was to cut on the 8th day after the previous cut.  Since you plan to listen to your body while you do this, your body will let you know if day eight is too early or just right.

I'm so glad the low doses are being kind to you!!  :)

Thanks Juliea!

I just want to make sure I land this right. I can't believe its August already. Wow. And I want this OVER. But I don't want to blow it by rushing. My 'week' has always been 10 days. At the very start it turned out it was actually 9 days because I would cut on the 10th day. So, I guess my shortest holds have been 9 days. So, we'll see.

I guess I just have to listen to the body. But I'll tell you, for me, sometimes it's good to just cut anyway.

I have a theory. This is ONLY after getting below .25 daily.

For me anyway, I have found that after the first 4-5 days I stabilize, anything after that is just gravy.

So, by day 6-8, I tend to feel fine. But what happens is, I'll wait and hold until day 10-12 just because that's been my pattern, but not necessarily because I'm sick, just because 10 days is my 'week' and I want to stick with that.

But what happens is, I think I hit my 'optmum 'feeling after day 5, and day 6-8 are as good as I'll feel, and holding sometimes I have found longer then that, makes me start to feel sick again! Not as bad as the first 4 days of a new cut, not like that but just like 'blah'. Like Benzo flu or irritable.

I feel like the body is saying fish or cut bait! Like lets keep moving forward and cut again now or give me more of the X to 'feel better'.

Don't stay still.

This is only of course after a week and only after you've stabilized.

But do you know what I mean?

I come to this conclution because, I've had many holds that have not been health related.I just had home drama to deal with and I couldn't afford to cut and be sick for 5  friggin days at that moment. So I would wait.

But then ,  after holding past 10-12 days, I would start to feel not so good. Not nearly like the first begining of a cut but just feeling blah.

And in fact many times Ive looked at the calender and seen it day 15, or day 17 or day 19 of a hold and on that day I just cut.

And it works. And I'll 'feel better' even though I was felling 'blah' that day.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you've gone at least 7-8 days on a cut, anything more then that might be a waste of time. You're just feeling how you're going to feel. That's as good as it gets.

Again, only below .25 daily am I talking about here.

And in fact, I have felt sort of 'bad' on a cut day but it's day 17!! of a hold so I've got to cut.

And I end up feeling better for cutting!!

So, we'll see.

Thoughts J?

Yes, I agree.  Sometimes it gets as good as it's going to get during a hold.  I believe a lot of healing goes on in a taper, but I believe 'complete healing' can only happen after we no longer take the benzo.

These kinds of feelings may continue after you jump for a while.  Then, any symptoms won't be cut related and you'll see what I mean if this happens to you.  It's just the natural progression of benzo healing with the waves and windows. 

I'm doing really well in the wd department.  My beloved kitty died suddenly a week and a half ago.  Ordinarily something this stressful would have produced a wave of a sticky symptom I have left, (that sometimes occurs during stress usually or over exertion).  But the symptom did not show up this time.  I can't believe I'm saying this because I don't want to jink myself, but I 'might' be healed.  ;) 

Hi Juliea!

I am sorry to hear about your beloved little kitty. My neighbours cat just died last week too. They are up in kitty heaven I guess.

Sorry for your loss.

But that's good news that at least your symptom didn't flair up. I know what you mean about not wanting to jinx it.And it was funny hearing that come from you it's like 'wow, even Juliea feels that sometimes, I thought it was just me!". You're the 'old pro ' with this, and you feel 'worried' about a jinx too...

I was worried about that after I wrote my last post, about not holding too long and just getting on with it. I'm glad you agree too.

But , sure enough, the next day WHAM I got hit. BUT it was only 48 hours into my latest cut, so it was to be expected. And it was mainly 'physical' as they have been lately.

So, my theory still holds I think. And I say it because I really hope to make another cut around the 8-9 day mark. Not my usual 12-14 day hold.

I want to get on with it.

I totally agree that it's the taking of the drug in the first place that makes us ill, and to finally get off of it is when real healing begins.

That is why I was so happy when I made it after dropping from 3 x to 2 x a day.

That was a biggie.

And I'll be doing it again ( dropping a dose) on the next cut or definitely the one after. And THEN I may hold a bit , if I need to.

The 'skipping' or 'Dropping' of a dose is hard. Because you get hit with the interdose WD's AND hit by the 'cut' aspect.

It's a double whammy. But for me, it went away in three days.Each day less hard then the next.

I was surprised. And it almost makes me want to just drop everything and 'go for it'.

But I wont.

Hope you're well Juliea! We need you!!

Hey Juliea!

How are you buddie?

Hope your feeling better too.

Just checking in here, been holding steady for about 9 days now and getting ready to cut again. Probably will on Sunday , that will make day 10 ( and 15 hours), and I hope all goes well. I usually hold 12 days or more, but I am trying to get on with it. It's like we said in our last conversation, after holding a certain amount of time, that's as good as you're going to feel so, just go for it.

That's what I'm gonna try next.

Wanted to ask you, when you finally jumped, did you 'feel better". What I mean is, did that daily feeling of 'I'm sick' go away when you stopped taking the pill daily? Because  I do feel better, but I'm still 'sick' every single day. And the other thing I do every single day is take 2 crumbs of Xanax. So, I hope when I remove the pill from my day to day life, that that undercurrent of 'sickness' vibe stops too.

I'm not talking about 'waves' and 'windows'. I know they will last after I stop taking the pill every day. I'm talking about that 'cloud' that hangs over every moment I'm on this stuff. That 'cloud' of 'ugh' I'm sick, feeling. Does THAT stop when the pill stops?

I hope so.Because I still get hit every day with a little 20 min or 1 hour 'wave'. But I also have the underlying feeling of just not being 'normal'. It's WAY better then it used to be, but that sick 'vibe' is always here. Every single day. I just hope that go's away when the pill does. I'm not talking about being totally 100% healed or normal. I just mean that 'drugged' sick feeling. I hope that stops when the daily pill stops too.

How did it go with you? Have you heard of people feeling 'relief' when the daily pill ends?

Thoughts?

Hi Juliea!

Where are you?

I hope you're doing OK!

Miss you bud!!

Hey, JACD.  I'm under the weather right now,  :sick: , (not benzo related).

Will hopefully be back to my old self in a little while. 

Hang in there!

Juliea  :thumbsup: 

Hey Juliea!

OK. Well. I hope you feel better.

Nice it's not Benzo realted!!

I'm sick too. But I think it's Benzo, of course!  I've got a new 'sensation' this cut. I feel this weird tiny like muscle 'twitch' vibe all over. It started in my gut and now it comes and goes every place. Like a 'bubble' sensation or a 'twitch' it doesn't hurt but it's annoying. It's kinda like a 'chill' feeling too.

I don't know. Ever have that one?

Hope to talk to you when you feel better!

Take care Juliea!!

Hey Juliea!

I see you're back!

Been reading some of your latest posts..

You are the best!

Wish I would have found you last year!

You said something on one which totally summed up my experience. You said most of us are not "addicted" we just can't get off this med without feeling very sick. So that's why we take it, not because we are 'addicted".

That's SO true. I've been trying to explain that to people ALL YEAR.

But they don't understand. They just think we're junky drug addicts!!

It's NOT like that!!!  I JACD am not wanting to take Xanax, but if I don't my CNS and body get very very sick.And the only way to get better is to taper off slowly, as you well know. And even doing that you STILL get very sick.

It's like, if someone came and said 'you can never have a glass of wine or a beer EVER again", I'd be like 'really? are you sure, do I have to?"

But if someone said 'ok, you can NEVER take a Xanax ever again and you'll feel fine, I'd be like 'no problem! Here you go! Take them away!"

None of us really 'want' to take this. It's just if we don't we get sick.

Well, It's cut time for me again.

To drop or not to drop?  That is the question.

I cut from 3 doses a day to two doses a day. Going well. And then cut my first dose in half from 0625 to 0312. My 2nd dose is at 0625.

I could drop my dose of 0312. BUT I just cut it about 11 days ago from 0625 to now 312. Should I go for it and DROP it all?

Or 'round robin" it and cut my 2nd dose in half instead and make that 0312 next?

What to do?

I was going to go for it and just drop it, but that would mean cutting 2 times in a row on the SAME dose. Back to back.

Normally I switch it up. Cut from one time one cut then a different does time cut another. Not back to back.

BUT I want to get down to just dosing ONCE a day. I NEVER should have split up my doses. Doing that CREATED interdose withdrawls. I never had it before then.

Anyway, that's why I wanted to drop it but maybe it's not wise to do so yet? Last time I dropped a dose, it was HELL for 3 days. Hardcore. But then it went away and was just like a usual cut with the ups and downs.I feel people should never split up their dose unless they really are experiencing interdose withdrawls in the first place. Because I just split it up because that's how I thought everyone tapered! That's how I thought you 'did it'. I ended up creating ANOTHER problem when there wasn't one before.

But I didn't know you then so..!

Anyway, what to do?

You'll probably say 'round robin' it and that's cool, but I may try and drop it, but if it's too much I could go back and cut my night dose.

I dont know..

Hey Juliea

I've got a new 'sensation' this cut. I feel this weird tiny like muscle 'twitch' vibe all over. It started in my gut and now it comes and goes every place. Like a 'bubble' sensation or a 'twitch' it doesn't hurt but it's annoying. It's kinda like a 'chill' feeling too.

It's kinda like when your stomach is rumbling or growling when you're hungry. But this is happening when I'm not hungry. It's sort of like that too.

Did you ever get that one?

I think I read one time you said you had a 'crawling' feeling on your forehead?

It's kinda like that but in my stomach area and back. Like a vibration feeling or like a 'bubbling' sensation. It's very annoying.

I just hope it's our old Friend Xanax and NOT some disease.

Ever have this one?

Oh, yes the little vibrations!  Yes, I do believe this is withdrawal.  Does it come and go or is it constant?  When exactly did it start JACD? 

I had this the worst in my feet and calves.  And sometimes when it was particularly troublesome it would move up higher into my privates.  ::)

This started with me in the low doses, but because it didn't hurt, I ignored it.  This has been a very sticky symptom for me and along with tinnitus is probably the last remaining symptom I get.  It does not happen often, but I can still feel it occasionally during times of stress or over exertion.  I can go months without it coming back but then something like stress will trigger it to occur again.  And again, it does not hurt but it feels like my feet are plugged into an electric socket and a tiny, tiny current is running through them.  It's annoying when it happens. 

Please let me know when this started, (what dose were you on?) and if the symptom comes and goes or if it only happens during your hit days and then settles back down.  If I had just started having this symptom, I might try to adjust my taper to keep it from settling in.  Please get back to me on this, I believe it's important to try to nip it.  Possibly with a hold, longer than usual. 

Let me know if what I described is the symptom you've got too.  And no, the face, (eyebrow), thing I had was not the same as this symptom.  The face thing was also probably nerve related too, but it was an ITCH from hades not a vibration and it only happened one time and lasted about 4 days.  The tiny vibration thing settled in.

Hey Juliea

Well, this 'little vibration' thing has only started the past 12 days or so, so on this most recent cut, I'd say. Definitely not prior to the end of the cut before this. I'd say 2 or three weeks max.It comes and goes BUT I do feel the little 'explosions' every day.Yep, tiny vibrations or rumble. That's it. It's like a vibration or gas bubble ( but not gas) feeling in your stomach and also Back and lower Back etc.. It definitely was worse at the start of this cut ( like the first week) and it is much better now, but still here. My dose is weird now I'm at about 9 grams, which is slightly less them one 0625 cut AND a 0312 cut together. That's what I take. My next cut will bring my total daily to 0625.

that's what I' trying to figure out, to drop or not to drop?

YES I also get the burning on the soles of the feet too! That happened more on my last cut ( the cut before this) and that seems to happen the first 1-4 days into a cut and then goes away.

This weird 'vibration" thing ( also accompanied with a weird kind of chill feeling) is new. Just started happening about 2 weeks ago.

At first I just thought it was benzo belly. But it moves.It doesn't 'hurt" it's just very odd. It's like 'bubble' or a vibration abound your gut and back etc.

Some days ( early in the cut were much worse) now day 12 in, it's less so..but the 'vibes' are still pop-in I've just felt 3 since writing this.

Yes, I am worried about this vibe feeling 'settling in".

Most of my symptoms ( the face rash, the burning, the foot burn , the pee thing etc) they all go away after about 3-6 days into a new cut.

This little thing is still going ( day 12 in now)

It's better. My little gut 'pops' or 'vibrations' are smaller and not as many but they are still going.

I don't want to make it worse!

I also have been getting a weird 'cold chill' vibe this cut too. THAT sxs has gone away it's better, but the 'twitch' thing is still on, though less so. AH! just felt another little 'pop' up near my ribcage!

Didn't hurt but here it is.

It's lite a quick vibration or bubble or pop twitch thing. Sucks. Like a stomach rumble feeling , but without hunger. And a quick 'Burst' then gone. Without pain, but annoying. And yet another little thing to stress about.