Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Jerry, what do you do for a living?  Why did you go on benzo's?  Do you have your own blog you post on?

Ha Becksblue,

At the moment I am not doing anything for a living. I have got a state income. But 20 years ago I got my diploma and became an architect at the university of Delft. I can’t remember why I started with zopiclone, it was in 2006, a long time ago. I have no blog...

Merry Christmas to all my buddies here at Team Z!  I am thinking of you all often and wondering how your holiday is going.  I myself ate too much bread, sugar and went to bed too late last night only sleeping 4 hours.  A few morning jitters here like old times but we are teaching the brain that going off the rails on holidays is normal and fun LOL!

I wish Peace and Healing to all of us.  :smitten:

Merry Xmas dee! Like u I over indulged and paid for it! But like another buddy said it’s done now! I hope u had a lovely day x

Ha Zzzzzers,

Separately no window for me today. Not feeling brilliant. But my cleaning woman is here, yes, even on first Christmas day. And I am glad with that!  :thumbsup: Jerry

Wow a cleaner that worked xmas day? That’s unheard of! Sorry ur not feeling good jez, another window is around the corner x

Ha Zzzzzers,

Separately no window for me today. Not feeling brilliant. But my cleaning woman is here, yes, even on first Christmas day. And I am glad with that!  :thumbsup: Jerry

Wow a cleaner that worked xmas day? That’s unheard of! Sorry ur not feeling good jez, another window is around the corner x

Ha Shazza, did you have a better 2nd Christmas (boxing) day and night?

Hey Jez.... no yesterday was a very hard day. My parents came over for 2nd Xmas but I wasn’t myself at all. Had another bad night but I still got some sleep, better than none. Feel less sick today so that’s something. Just resting atm. How are u feeling? Better today? What are ur plans?

Team

It was very nice to have you in my thoughts over the last few days.

Dee I love being reminded that we are reteaching our brains and bodies!

Woke up way too early this morning but here I am, so grateful I'm not going to a job at this time in my life. The ambien was used to get me through ... wish I'd done it another way.

LadyD is right, just taper and take it and don't even think about it being less. I still go through moments of omg this is too low a dose I'll never fall asleep. But I keep falling asleep at night! 5 nights now at the most recent taper. Wow I feel excited, in aprox 5 weeks I'll be on just one 5mg pill. GREAT way to start off the new year.

My brother and his wife have covid and they don't feel well, but as far as I know they are okay. The increase globally is very upsetting and I have moments of gripping fear about him being sick. SO SAD for so many.

Hope you feel relaxed from the holiday ambience and send my Love.

Kachina

>:D Team Z! Happy holidays. Glad to see everyone made it through Xmas in one piece. Tell us about your Xmas day! I had a nice window most of that day. Enjoyed seeing my family enjoy my cooking again after such a long time. We watched movies and played cards. Lots of laughter, telling jokes and old stories. I'm currently in a wave since last night but it's getting better.

Kachina I'm proud of your reduction. I'm glad my advice has helped you. It works! Just don't think about it very much and keep going. You'll see that it's not as scary as we fear. I'm sending get well wishes to your brother and wife. I hope they remain stable having covid. For most people once you get past the first week and a half with no worsening symptoms you recover nicely.

Stay safe everyone. Don't take a chance on this virus. Love and hugs to you all.

Hi team z! I hope u are all doing well x

I just came out of another wave too lady. I’m sorry u had one too... This one brought on by overindulgence on my part.

I’m so glad u had a great day. U worked so hard on that meal and u should be so proud of urself. U are making great progress x

Kachina u are doing great. I know it’s scary but keep going. U are almost at half ur original dose! That’s amazing! Remember u can hold for a while if u need to. If things get bumpy do that, hold but never updose x u can do this x

Shay sorry you're having waves too. It sucks!!! I'm sure we both will have a window soon. It seems we're always having the same thing at the same time. Hopefully this won't last too long so I can get back to walking and being out of bed. I hate set backs! But I'm told they're necessary to fully recover.

I just don't like that it's not straightforward so we could know what to expect when. That would be nice wouldn't it?

I know I thought that yesterday. Why can’t it just get progressively better like everything else! So frustrating.

I’m in a window again... so since were synced up with waves, I hope it means a window for u xx

Thank you for your encouragement ladies!

Wow, you rock ... keep going, don't look back. Stress sets us back and it comes in so many ways.

My Christmas was romantic because my adult son ended up working and my husband and I just stayed home and enjoyed a quiet day with our dogs. I feel very grateful and my son came by after work and actually liked the presents I got him!! He's very hard to buy for! So that made me so happy.

xoxo

Hello Team Z!  Glad everyone seems to have had good holidays!  I overindulged (more activity, too much sugar and bread) and so of course feeling not as good as before, but looking back at where I was 2 months ago I would not have been able to comprehend what I've been doing these last couple weeks.  I have my 94 YO mother in law staying with us for a week and she is ambulatory but needs much care so our household is a bit frenetic.  We are hosting a birthday party for her tonight (just 6 ppl) so that will be a test of my social endurance.  My daughter and son-in-law had the COVID over Xmas  :'(  but they seem to be fine so I am grateful for that.  I missed them so much though.

Kachina when you said that you are grateful for not working at this time in your life and that Ambien is how you dealth with it, and that you wish you had found another way, I could have written those same exact words.  That was the exact reason I used it - to deal with a stressful job.  Now 5 years retired and dealing with this.  Oh well - New Year on the horizon.  And so looking forward to it.

Ha Zzers,

I have tough days at the moment, my sleep is not so deep at the moment. I know it is taper related. So i accept it for what it is. Jerry

Thank you Lady and Shayna, kind words and encouragement much appreciated.

Deanna, yup, I see in your profile signature that you started this evil drug due to work-related travel. Me too! I love your retrain the brain theme, keep talking about it!!! I'm telling my self--you CAN deal with this--rather than all the ways I've crouched away from things from being over sensitive. I still need to rest though.

Glad your in a window Shayna. Jerry, I'm encouraged by your wisdom and acceptance.

LadyD thanks for the encouragement about Covid---I don't think it's a week yet and they're not feeling great at all but they're breathing is okay. Deanna, how did your daughter and her husband fare with it?

I am still not feeling good. But something special happened today. Around 17 O clock. I got a phonecall and heard a familiar voice. Yes, it was my last girlfriend, which I had from 2000-2002. (After that I never had any relation.) I lost the contact with her around 2004. She had found my father’s phone number on the internet and she called him first today. Then she got my number from him and called me. It was so nice to hear her voice. So sweet and happy, so much wit. She is from Iran. Anyway we had a very nice conversation. She told me she had good memories from the time I was with her. That was nice too. This is my most beautiful present for Christmas this year....  :smitten::thumbsup: Jerry

Hi, I just wondered whether any of you are worried about having the covid vaccine. They are increasing the rate of vaccinations here, as any supplements I've taken made symptoms lot worse, just very concerned, as I'm no where near healed but no longer in acute, that if I have it just worried  if I have it it willpush be back into acute again. I'm not in high risk category.

Hey Team Z. Glad to see y'all sharing.

Jerry that's great that your ex found your number to call to say hi. That means you were good to her. I'm sorry things didn't work out b fore. Are you planning to stay in touch or reconnect? Either way, I can tell it made you happy. I'm glad for you to get some joy.

Kachina I know you're learning a lot about how strong you are when the Ambien made you think you wasn't. But you are strong plus...beautiful, caring, intelligent and you have determination. Just keep focusing on your strength and don't believe those lying pills.  :thumbsup: That goes for all of us: refuse to believe the benzo lies these pills have told or is telling us!

Leann the vaccine is new so there's not enough experience with it. Nobody will be able to tell you if it will put you back in acute or not. It's a decision you'll have to make. But I do believe that if it does put you in acute, it will be only for a short time. Some members on here was sent back to acute briefly after taking flu shot. You can only discern whether the vaccine is worth it for you.

Deanna I'm hoping you're having some good windows. I'm entering my 7 month this Saturday and lately have been feeling like I'm back in acute. But I'm having some personal stress from family issues so I expected waves. But these have been pretty big but not as intense as acute but almost. Hope I'm making sense. How are your waves? Better or worse? I'm asking because I know you and I are only a couple of weeks apart.

Shay I hope your taper is still going well. How is your sleep now? Have you been back to the beach or the roller coaster? I saw on the news about some trouble at the beaches there in Australia. What's going on?

Hey team x sorry haven’t been here much. Bad wave x jerry that’s lovely ur friend got back in touch x dee Leann kachina hugs x

I stuffed up Xmas day had a drink and ate a lot of sugar and cheese. Absolutely gone backwards a d I’m kicking myself. X

So I’m not planning to reduce again until I’m feeling More stable x

People partying on the beaches in Sydney during lockdowns. They’re saying it’s backpackers snd taking about deportation. I reckon it’s just young people doing what young people do, but in this pandemic it’s crazy behaviour. The cluster was contained to the northern beaches of Sydney now its spread to other areas. Our borders are closed again no interstate travel from nsw. We’ve also just ha our first case of the new South African strain in oz. how the hell people are allowed in I don’t know. Money has something to do with it I’m sure.

I’m at the beach right now actually. No rollercoasters lately the theme parks are too crowded! School holidays!

They're crazy to do this at the beach! This is how our cases spread. Americans refused to take it serious. They were doing spring break at the beaches, festivals, concerts, nightclubs etc and it spread like crazy! This is not good Shay. All it takes is ONE person to be asymptotic to spread to many. Next thing you know, there's many sick and dying like here in the US. Please be safe sweetie.

Yes I think your holiday fun has caught up to you. But mine did too. But I don't regret enjoying myself.

Feel better soon

Ahhh yes, Lady such kind words for all of us and encouragement.

I agree, Jerry you sound like a very special man.

At the beach, favorite spot.

I'm hating the covid news ... but remain apart and very careful. My brother's wife is improving, do not know if my brother is yet, he doesn't answer questions about it well but that may be because he's not improving. I'm pretty sure he'd go to the hospital if needed and certain his wife would get him there. Just taking time.

Leann, yes, I am most worried because I had a bad anaphylactic shock a few years ago with no known cause. ER doc said it was pretty bad and I need epi pen. Haven't renewed it as it's expensive. Should do though and will research before I sign up. But, they won't be coming soon ... barely getting started and I'm not working so can avoid for now. read we may need proof of vaccine to travel etc and am very pissed off at that idea ... don't know how true it is. Of course I also am Pro protecting others and myself so would like to get the vaccine even though I haven't had any in decades and never get the flu shot AND am not fully tapered so don't know what lays ahead. A big topic, more shall be revealed.

Also, I'm using my brain to change my mind about being over sensitive, saying I can handle shit... a new thought process.

Had too much coffee and chocolate today but really not a lot. Hope sleep will be okay.

hugs all

They're crazy to do this at the beach! This is how our cases spread. Americans refused to take it serious. They were doing spring break at the beaches, festivals, concerts, nightclubs etc and it spread like crazy! This is not good Shay. All it takes is ONE person to be asymptotic to spread to many. Next thing you know, there's many sick and dying like here in the US. Please be safe sweetie.

Yes I think your holiday fun has caught up to you. But mine did too. But I don't regret enjoying myself.

Feel better soon

Yep I knew a second wave would eventually start because people become complacent. It’s well away from where I am and our borders are lockdown again so hopefully won’t come up here. Our premier is a bit of a nazi about keeping it contained and out of our state. She won’t even let a lady come home to die who has been having treatment for cancer unless she stays in mandatory 2 weeks hotel quarantine. Tom hanks can come in with no hotel quarantine tho. Go figure

I have no issue with social distancing coz most people annoy the shit out of me. I’ll happily stay away from others. People are selfish and only think of themselves,  Can’t do the right thing for the greater good coz they want to have parties on the beach. I hope they get covid and are in hospital for weeks . They are the people who deserve to get it.