Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

blue, hi  :)

Yes, fluctuations of symptoms and intensity is very common, and yes,  very irritating.

About changing to Liquid, if you were really struggling, changing might make sense, but if you aren't, what you have to remember, just because you change , there is no guarantee, liquid will work better for you.  There are so many variables, you can't be positive it will help.  So that is something you would need to give a lot of thought.  Mary 💜

Thank you Mary

I just trimmed my earlier comment. I tend to get long winded. Got my ventilation out of my system.

Appreciate confirming fluctuating symptoms.

Understand, use of liquid is likely not an option for me because of my duration of use as a cross over. Can see it being very helpful for others. Also, Mom seems to be trying it as a tapering method which sounds promising.

Have a good day.

Cheers

Momof7babes

Thank you for your response. I see we are both at 6 mg. Your liquid trial process looks promising as a tapering method.

Have a question about Zoloft. I too am taking 50 mg and have been for a year. Also, used some years back.

Are you finding any benefit from 50 mg. I just don't seem to notice any elevation in mood while tapering. Began using it to assist with a rather unusual long standing and seeming intractable social phobia. Overcoming it requires exposure self therapy but given this tapering I am not motivated to get out there and practice.

Lastly, what is your daily schedule for taking your 6 mg V dose.

Cheers

Hi Blue,

I dose 3X even doses per day, with the night dose being longer due to sleep.  My liquid dose is at night. 

I'm in severe tolerance and you are not, I don't think, being a short time user?  You may really not need to do a liquid taper, honestly.  I don't know that you would find it beneficial unless you are really struggling with your cuts.    If you are, it's definitely something worth considering.

As far as Zoloft, no, I don't think.  It may even ramp me up in this process since it's stimulating.  I will NOT increase it as I get horrible start up side effects from anti-depressants and AD switches are what got me into this mess. I've been on 75-100 mg for years.  I won't decrease it right now either, though my doctor suggested it.  Just understand that the Valium still may be depressing.  Withdrawal itself can cause depression.  I wouldn't even worry about the social phobia right now until you are off the benzo.  I can tell you this whole thing has made me agoraphobic and socially withdrawn and I never was before. 

Hi Blue,

I dose 3X even doses per day, with the night dose being longer due to sleep.  My liquid dose is at night. 

I'm in severe tolerance and you are not, I don't think, being a short time user?  You may really not need to do a liquid taper, honestly.  I don't know that you would find it beneficial unless you are really struggling with your cuts.    If you are, it's definitely something worth considering.

As far as Zoloft, no, I don't think.  It may even ramp me up in this process since it's stimulating.  I will NOT increase it as I get horrible start up side effects from anti-depressants and AD switches are what got me into this mess. I've been on 75-100 mg for years.  I won't decrease it right now either, though my doctor suggested it.  Just understand that the Valium still may be depressing.  Withdrawal itself can cause depression.  I wouldn't even worry about the social phobia right now until you are off the benzo.  I can tell you this whole thing has made me agoraphobic and socially withdrawn and I never was before.

Thank you Mom of 7

I have the long term very specific social phobia which like you suggested can wait. We share the same symptoms--agoraphobia and withdrawn. Yes, depression seems to abound to varying degrees (today more so than usual). Going to store is a hassle and anticipating things i must do takes a great amount of will power. And like you did not experience such until the benzos.

We all seem to have "gotten into this mess" innocently just trying to get over one thing or another.

I did have very powerful withdrawals coming off X and transitioning, so I can really understand how you are feeling. And you do have a busy household glad you have some respite and a bit of joy with your children. Being a mother is hard work--anyway.

The sx are just confounding. My months of---eye twitching, has abated the last two days. But, now have slight extremity tingles/heaviness and just feel crappy.

Still have slight heavy head sensations and droopy eyes.

One day at a time.

Thank you for your support. It sure is a luxury to be able to share with others.

Cheers

Blue and Mom,

I had agoraphobia pretty bad when I was in acute, and I had never had anything of the sort before. I have traveled the world, as a performer in a band, performing in front of thousands of people! Then all of a sudden I was scared to leave the house, I was sometimes scared to even go into the kitchen or take a shower! I can tell you that has passed, and most days I leave the house now, it will pass for you too.

That's wonderful, Olive.  I'm better on the Valium comparatively but these days, it's more so the hyperacusis (noise sensitivity) that has me hesitating to go out.  Strangely, I don't find going out among strangers to be as much of an issue compared to being around many people that I know.   

That's wonderful, Olive.  I'm better on the Valium comparatively but these days, it's more so the hyperacusis (noise sensitivity) that has me hesitating to go out.  Strangely, I don't find going out among strangers to be as much of an issue compared to being around many people that I know. 

I can relate to both of those. I have sensitivity to noise, but I always have so that's not from w/d. However, when I was in acute, it gave me intense anxiety, especially big things like garbage trucks and tractors.

I can see why it would be easier to be around strangers, they don't really pay attention to you. When you are around people you know, they notice you and want to talk to you etc.

Hi.

I'm reading your posts and I can absolutely relate. I am absolutely fine around many strangers. I was always at home before withdrawal but now I have monophobia and hate to be alone, I have to see people, I go out all the time, to the mall, to a bar to have breakfast, to the park... Anywhere.

However, meeting a group of people  is a totally different story. It's a nightmare.

Blue and Mom,

I had agoraphobia pretty bad when I was in acute, and I had never had anything of the sort before. I have traveled the world, as a performer in a band, performing in front of thousands of people! Then all of a sudden I was scared to leave the house, I was sometimes scared to even go into the kitchen or take a shower! I can tell you that has passed, and most days I leave the house now, it will pass for you too.

Hi Olive

Wonderful career you must have some interesting stories.

During my short period of X and during transition getting out was a monumental struggle. I would buy as much at grocery store (lots of vegan frozen dinners) so as not to make what use to be--whenever I needed something trips.

It has improved. Just got back from doc for a routine procedure have to have every four weeks--simple deal only takes a few minutes. Got gas and marveled at the traffic and the massive construction boom in my city.

What I do is smile a lot and greet everyone I see.

But, do look forward to the safety of my recliner.

Oh--I understand the shower avoidance. I now tell my friend--well it is Saturday--time for a shower!! Cooking too. I did make a simple soup yesterday. Live in said--"finally" what happened to you and cooking over the last year.

Thank you for your encouragement.

Cheers

P.S.--my eye twitching has receded for three days---Progress!

note: Have modified my comment from yesterday. I get off topic--a habit trying to curtail. Shall stay on topic!

Hi.

I'm reading your posts and I can absolutely relate. I am absolutely fine around many strangers. I was always at home before withdrawal but now I have monophobia and hate to be alone, I have to see people, I go out all the time, to the mall, to a bar to have breakfast, to the park... Anywhere.

However, meeting a group of people  is a totally different story. It's a nightmare.

That is great that you are at ease and comfortable getting out and about. Cheers!

How is the 2.5 mg dose going for you. And what time of the day/night do you take it. I too started benzo/valium for sleep. How are you doing with sleep.

I went for over a week at 2.5 mg due to prescription issue--see sig. Decided best to begin a taper at 6 mg which was a big drop from November.

Take care.

Hi blue. I take the Valium at night. I'm not doing so great because I had a bad crash in summer and I updosed but I'm very very far from stable. That crash and waiting a long time to dose correct really did a number on me. My sleep sucked so I'm taking trazodone for that. My signature is incomplete. I want it that way.

Hi blue. I take the Valium at night. I'm not doing so great because I had a bad crash in summer and I updosed but I'm very very far from stable. That crash and waiting a long time to dose correct really did a number on me. My sleep sucked so I'm taking trazodone for that. My signature is incomplete. I want it that way.

Hi Valiumnomore

My sig. is also incomplete. I too am taking Trazodone 50 mg. And you how many mgs? The Z and benzo based sleeping pills did not help me back in early 2019 (part of my incomplete sig). Which lead to X for a number of months before I realized the pill is one mean--Jealous mistress  and began self taper etc. What a summer!

Valium is much kinder. The 2 mg V, I take during day doesn't do much for me--possibly takes edge off a bit.

I have been waking up after five hour of sleep or so last few nights. Trying to determine why, e.g. the dark chocolate I treat myself with or timing of medication. And--no more news. I do not have cable so I read and think such is not good during taper. So, I put an app on my chromebook blocking all news.

Normally, will take 4 mg of V an hour before Trazadone.

**Thinking tonight might first take the Trazadone and then V 20 minutes before bedtime. What do you think?

I was a long term migraine suffer for many many decades. Trazadone was one of the meds I took, at that time, and then again when I worked late night shift.

Thank goodness for Trazadone. 

I hear about crashes and may have suffered such in summer.

Also, I must still be stabilizing for I feel crappy most days. Don't think it would be classified as a crash. I am still getting use to the terminology of BB.

Cheers

Good morning Blue  :)

I also take 50 mgs trazodone.

I sleep five hours many many nights and I consider that a blessing because last summer when I crashed I had two months with most nights getting between 0 to 2 hours. I was in constant terror all day and night and with constant SI as I wanted to get out of that nightmare. That's what I call a crash however I think we all have a right to define what is a crash for us.

I can't advise you on what time to take the Valium. I take it around 21:30 and the trazodone around eleven, when I go to bed. I've slept five hours last night. Not great but at least the quality of sleep was good. Visit a thread called sleep quality tracker and you'll see many sleeping very little. I think in bwd we can consider ourselves lucky with five hours  ;)

Good morning Blue  :)

I also take 50 mgs trazodone.

I sleep five hours many many nights and I consider that a blessing because last summer when I crashed I had two months with most nights getting between 0 to 2 hours. I was in constant terror all day and night and with constant SI as I wanted to get out of that nightmare. That's what I call a crash however I think we all have a right to define what is a crash for us.

I can't advise you on what time to take the Valium. I take it around 21:30 and the trazodone around eleven, when I go to bed. I've slept five hours last night. Not great but at least the quality of sleep was good. Visit a thread called sleep quality tracker and you'll see many sleeping very little. I think in bwd we can consider ourselves lucky with five hours  ;)

And a Good Morning to you ValiumNoMore:

Oh how we share so much in common this year. I did "crash" big time as you define crash this spring/summer. Incredible sleep deprivation and like you for well over two months. Several factors contributed to it. Days and days and weeks of either zip sleep or if lucky like you 2 hours. Words can't describe what it is like--but, we know. Yes--terror is the best description. I marvel at how strong our bodies can be and feel like I am still catching up with 100's of hours of lost sleep. That is how I ended up using X. I certainly needed it but at a stiff price. 

Like you, indeed, my five hours of sleep is a blessing.

I also take my trazodone at around 9:30 pm.

It is great to be in contact with you sharing/supporting one another.

Today--I plan on doing nothing just practicing---letting go.

Cheers

PS--I like your expression this too share pass. The Buddhist would say all is impermanent from moment to moment.

Try to remind myself throughout the day.

Blue is it good morning where you are? Australia I'm guessing then.

Yes, at least it hope this too shall pass because if it doesn't we're screwed aren't we?  :laugh:

About the trazodone at 9:30, I really don't know if that's a good idea. What time do you go to bed? I take it just before bedtime because my problem is waking too early. This I found on the internet:

If you have trouble getting to sleep, take it several hours before you go to bed. If you have trouble staying asleep, take it within 30 minutes before bedtime. Avoid trazodone if you're recovering from a heart attack.

Blue is it good morning where you are? Australia I'm guessing then.

Yes, at least it hope this too shall pass because if it doesn't we're screwed aren't we?  :laugh:

About the trazodone at 9:30, I really don't know if that's a good idea. What time do you go to bed? I take it just before bedtime because my problem is waking too early. This I found on the internet:

If you have trouble getting to sleep, take it several hours before you go to bed. If you have trouble staying asleep, take it within 30 minutes before bedtime. Avoid trazodone if you're recovering from a heart attack.

Sure would like to be in Australia. Trapped out in far reaches of SW USA.

Indeed, I take it at 30-45 minutes before lights out which is about 10:00 PM Pacific Time--these days. Yes, did read about timing of dose. Fortunately, can fall asleep it is like you staying asleep.

We will make it. For sure.

Just located time function and changed to reflect Pacific time zone.

Cheers

Likewise--Merry Xmas to the group.

I just got back from the DMV and survived! Have not been looking forward to it. In the past, going was just a routine.

Olive I see we are time zone neighbors. Oh--your avatar a tabby just like my past kitty.

Cheers

Likewise--Merry Xmas to the group.

I just got back from the DMV and survived! Have not been looking forward to it. In the past, going was just a routine.

Olive I see we are time zone neighbors. Oh--your avatar a tabby just like my past kitty.

Cheers

That is GG, he is a Mainecoone! My other kitty is my namesake, Olive, she's a black cat.

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you have a gentle holiday, however you celebrate.

hey guys, just wanted to say hi and break the ice. :D

Im currently on 40mg diaz down from 60mg. I am finding this dose really rough and on hold until i can cut hopefully in 15 days.

I wondered what is an accetable length of time to hold on a dose where your still in a taper, and when does it become i cant find the right word but like your now just back to using but not tapering

Hi MMXV. When they hit a wall and get very symptomatic, some people push through and others hold for one two three months, six months. I've seen people who've held for a year, depending on how bad they felt. I'm holding now for many months after a bad crash and updose. I wish I'd held longer before my crash, and then I wouldn't have crashed at all and I'd be tapering away now and near the end. You'll find different takes on this so do what you think makes more sense.

hey guys, just wanted to say hi and break the ice. :D

Im currently on 40mg diaz down from 60mg. I am finding this dose really rough and on hold until i can cut hopefully in 15 days.

I wondered what is an accetable length of time to hold on a dose where your still in a taper, and when does it become i cant find the right word but like your now just back to using but not tapering

Hi MMXV,

Valiumnomore is right, sometimes we need to hold as long as necessary. There really is no right or wrong with holding on a taper. Everyone is different, some of us metabolize benzos quicker than others.

As for me, I hold until my dose makes me sleepy, then I very slowly start reducing.

The symptoms can be unbearable at times, even when holding.

I notice an increase in dizziness and DP/DR with my cuts, but now, these quickly subside, so I'm guessing that's a good thing?  :-\

One new symptom popped up. I had a notorious "brain zap" last night, and then, unbelievably, for once in this benzo yuck, I actually dreamt!

My benzo-wise counsellor told me that holding 2-4 months on any particular dose is nothing unusual.

Dave.  8)

Hi Crowman,  glad you dreamt again. I hope it was a sweet dream.

So good you found a benzo wise counsellor. They are few and far between. Maybe you could kidnap her and lock her up in your house...

Holding is a funny old thing: it is supposed to make you feel better ,  but sometimes makes you actually feel worse ( at first). Knowing when to continue or when to cut again is a balancing game. No two people are the same, so there is no one size fits all.

Hope your continue to feel better and may your dreams be many and sweet.  :thumbsup: