Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Thank you guys and gals. I'm so thankful to have this board to turn to. Hopefully, I'll be able to return the favor to a newbie once I have some time under my belt.

Thanks,

Ed

Hey Ed.  Do you think your doc would let you try liquid diazepam?

Thank you guys and gals. I'm so thankful to have this board to turn to. Hopefully, I'll be able to return the favor to a newbie once I have some time under my belt.

Thanks,

Ed

Couldn't have gotten through it without all the support here.

Thanks,

Ed

Couldn't have gotten through it without all the support here.

I second this.

Thanks,

Ed

Hey Ed.  Do you think your doc would let you try liquid diazepam?

Well, my pdoc was the one who told me about Ashton, so he seems pretty in the know. I think he'd allow for it. However, I think for now, I'd rather stick with pills. Better the devil you know and all that. Perhaps, that can be another option down the road if things don't go as I hope using the traditional pills. Thank you for the idea.

Hi every one, I ordered my tools for liquid tapering today.  i will have them in few days so i have time to plan my taper.

Im on 3mg Diazepam now and planning to do daily microtaper to reduce my symptoms.

Can I use liquid Diazepam in my a.m dose- that Im tapering slowly and use diazepam tablet in my evening dose. I already ask my GP to change my prescription.

is that possible to use the combination of Liquid Diazepam and tablet form?

thanks. mcm

MCM - I use diazepam pills and a compound liquid to microtaper. It works fine. I still have awful sx, but that's due to withdrawal, and microtapering is much better than cut and hold was.

MirandaJane

Thanks Mirandajane,  there is no compounding pharmacy here wher i live, thats the reason why I need to get Liquid valium prescription to do my tapering easy --plus tablet in the evening.  hopefully there is no side effect between tablet form and Liquid Diazepam.

So Sorry as well about what youre gone through withrawals, youre almost there and you're not alone.  Everyone whos been in this benzo thingy corrupt our lives, but we can bit this benzo.  I hope and pray that everyone of us will very very soon.

love, mcm

Ok I understand all the "hold till you feel better"  problem is I have not felt even somewhat good for months. I had a bit of some stabilizing when I was on the lorazepam back in April/May/June. But I came off Zoloft (because I was feeling ok) and have just bottomed out since then.

that's why I went back onto the V to taper...because I just was not getting any relief anymore

I will MT when I can not make cuts that are under 6%

I just am so confused by why my brain can not simmer down.

getting a .25mg is hard to cut  I guess I could try that tough although it certainly will not be accurate

This morning I am saying "HECK NO....I can not cut more"

Hi every one, I ordered my tools for liquid tapering today.  i will have them in few days so i have time to plan my taper.

Im on 3mg Diazepam now and planning to do daily microtaper to reduce my symptoms.

Can I use liquid Diazepam in my a.m dose- that Im tapering slowly and use diazepam tablet in my evening dose. I already ask my GP to change my prescription.

is that possible to use the combination of Liquid Diazepam and tablet form?

thanks. mcm

Definitely, it's how most people do it. You only replace 0.5 mgr or 1 mgr o f your total dose with liquid.

Ok I understand all the "hold till you feel better"  problem is I have not felt even somewhat good for months. I had a bit of some stabilizing when I was on the lorazepam back in April/May/June. But I came off Zoloft (because I was feeling ok) and have just bottomed out since then.

that's why I went back onto the V to taper...because I just was not getting any relief anymore

getting a .25mg is hard to cut  I guess I could try that tough although it certainly will not be accurate

Hi Lainey,

Have done a good long hold to see if things get better?

I suspect ssri wd maybe what is ramping your sx's?

Question- those of you who have seen a lot of valium crossovers- how common is it to have breathing issues on moderate doses of V? Im crossing from X to V. Im going to discuss it with my doc because my resp and bp are already on the low side, and I want to have as much info as I can before going in to my doc for a follow up. If my bp or resp is much lower I need to be ready.... My max V dose would only go up to 12... Anyone seen enough to chime in with info?

mrtmeo, what would you consider a "good long hold"?  I held for 2 weeks and have not felt any worse

after being on Surviving antidepress. website I know that the w/d from that can be as horrible and long as the benzo so I know that I am dealing with 2 issues

Just do not know how long to hold before you say that's long enough time to get on with it, especially if you feel no different

Question- those of you who have seen a lot of valium crossovers- how common is it to have breathing issues on moderate doses of V? Im crossing from X to V. Im going to discuss it with my doc because my resp and bp are already on the low side, and I want to have as much info as I can before going in to my doc for a follow up. If my bp or resp is much lower I need to be ready.... My max V dose would only go up to 12... Anyone seen enough to chime in with info?

Kitty, for my pm dose I pop 30 mgs v no breathing issues benzo`s should not cause issues are you taking any other meds that may be causing this issue as v with a lot of others can and will cause breathing problems !

I do take a very low dose beta blocker, but its 5 mg and the recommended starting dose is 20 - since Ive been on it over 30 years Im pretty comfortable with it but I am going to mention it to the doc next week. I have been reading this site for a few weeks now and saw a number of people talking about that in addition to the sedation so I was just asking if it was a common thing. Im glad you dont have any problems with it Can Do! Thanks for your response!

Thanks MOODLE for your response and congrats!! you're Benzo Free now. 

Can you tell me on how you do daily MT, cause im still confuse about my cut, my doctor wants me to cut .5mg every 2 weeks so i can drop 1 mg every month, it seems like rapid.

i need to discard 3.5 ml daily for my daily microtapering.  i will be using LIquid Diazepam  i ask my doc for new prescription hopefully it will be ready tom.

thnks, mcm

Can you tell me on how you do daily MT, cause im still confuse about my cut, my doctor wants me to cut .5mg every 2 weeks so i can drop 1 mg every month, it seems like rapid.

i need to discard 3.5 ml daily for my daily microtapering.  i will be using LIquid Diazepam  i ask my doc for new prescription hopefully it will be ready tom.

thnks, mcm

You don't need to discard anything, you just need to reduce your dose each day.

Just do not know how long to hold before you say that's long enough time to get on with it, especially if you feel no different

I've held for two months, and know many others who have held for longer as well. There is never any harm in doing a hold, but there is a lot of harm in cutting too much.

You can still make a 6% cut, but just do it gradually on a daily basis instead of all in one cut. However, I just can't keep banging the same drum and repeating myself. So many people keep saying how much better they feel once they switch to a daily taper, but we don't seem to be able to convince you. We can only advise and suggest. We can't tell you what to do. You don't seem opposed to doing a daily taper, yet you still want to keep making these larger cuts, even though you are suffering the effects. So that is your decision.

I am so sick and tired of feeling like a loser with no hope.i hate these pills. I want to run away. Not thinking straight and having a hard time working a little but add the fear of homelessness and its twrrible. I want to be with my wife in honduras and recover on the coffee olantation but no money.

Diaz...sorry that you see me as being stubborn which you are correct...I do not like to change things that I am not familiar with.

I know I have to give MT a try at least but I guess I just wanted to get to a certain dose before doing so.

I can not say I feel worse...just not good ever

I have put my trust in the Lord and pray he will lead me out of this pit,,,directing my path.

thank you for all the support and advice I do appreciate it and although it seems like its falling on deaf ears..I assure you it is NOT

thnks, mcm

You don't need to discard anything, you just need to reduce your dose each day.

I mean I need to reduce 3.5ml daily from my 100ml solution.  1mg am----2mg evening,  im tapering off the am dose.

I started today to take LIquid Valiun at am dose,  tomorrow i need to start decresing my dose to 3.5ml daily.

would 3.5ml reduction daily be rapid?  my Gp dont want me to stay longer to taper anymore.  Wish me luck!!

Thank you for all your supports.

MCM

Diaz...sorry that you see me as being stubborn which you are correct...I do not like to change things that I am not familiar with.

I know I have to give MT a try at least but I guess I just wanted to get to a certain dose before doing so.

I can not say I feel worse...just not good ever

I have put my trust in the Lord and pray he will lead me out of this pit,,,directing my path.

thank you for all the support and advice I do appreciate it and although it seems like its falling on deaf ears..I assure you it is NOT

I'm not a religious person, so I don't get it when people say they are putting their trust in the lord. IMO the only person who will get you out of this pit is yourself. You can't rely on anyone. However, if that's what your faith is, maybe the lord is actually trying to help you by pointing you towards the path of the daily taper. Have you looked at it that way?

Sorry, but I see absolutely no sense in waiting for a particular dose when you are struggling with the cuts you are making now, but it's your decision. So I will now stop annoying you about it, but if you need my help I am always here.

[33...]
Hi i was on daizapam for 3 months but on and off my Doctor kindeled me! ,53 days off and still having a bad time, i was having moments where i couldnt talk just jerk  gring me teeth and say "Wait" im having waves and panic and ,mass anxitey,today i was scared all day just terrible,kept thinking im going mad how do these things do this but i had to swat those thoughts and hold on.it used to be worse in the morning with severe confusion but that is less now,it turns to fear quickly .i have good days but they are just relief.I hope these severe symptoms dont last to much longer

Edzo8, I started doing a liquid taper at 24mg. I started at 45mg and my doc told me we go to liquid when I got to 12 or 15mg.  I have been reading the last few months about liquid being smoother and easier on the body.  So, I asked my doc if I could do the liquid taper now, instead of waiting.  He said sure, so I changed from cut and hold to liquid recently.  I just 'feel' that I am doing something better for myself as far as my taper goes. Never feel like a failure about anything, the fact that you are tapering makes you a winner.  Cross

Do you feel a liquid taper is appropriate even though I'm still up at 7mg of diaz? I kind of feel like a failure if I can't get down to 5mg or so using c/h method. Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Ed

BTW, I really appreciate you taking your time with me here.

Okay, so this is the third place I'm posting a brief question tonight; please bear with the repetition if you've seen this elsewhere ::)! Anyhow, in preparation for moving from a cut & hold taper of valium to a daily/MT, I spoke to my nice/independent pharmacist today re: if liquid pharm valium is available in Ontario, Canada [eh!].

According to him-and I do trust the guy, but have found BB to be THE source for the most accurate benzo info, no kidding-it's not, although he can do a compound. I'm okay with that, or even milk, but was a bit surprised about the 'no LV in Canada' since I know the States and Australia have it for sure. If anyone has any info to confirm or refute what I've been told, that'd be great!!

p.s. cross, glad to know I'm not the only one switching to a liquid daily/MT at a higher dose than 5 or 10 mg valium (although you were smart enough to do it BEFORE your body got real cranky :thumbsup:), unlike me. Here's hoping the LV gives us both smoother sailing-it's sure got lots of precedent for that. Diaz-Pam, builder and others continue to provide us liquid newbies with tons of great coaching/info; thanks again, y'all!!

Okay, so this is the third place I'm posting a brief question tonight; please bear with the repetition if you've seen this elsewhere ::)! Anyhow, in preparation for moving from a cut & hold taper of valium to a daily/MT, I spoke to my nice/independent pharmacist today re: if liquid pharm valium is available in Ontario, Canada [eh!].

According to him-and I do trust the guy, but have found BB to be THE source for the most accurate benzo info, no kidding-it's not, although he can do a compound. I'm okay with that, or even milk, but was a bit surprised about the 'no LV in Canada' since I know the States and Australia have it for sure. If anyone has any info to confirm or refute what I've been told, that'd be great!!

p.s. cross, glad to know I'm not the only one switching to a liquid daily/MT at a higher dose than 5 or 10 mg valium (although you were smart enough to do it BEFORE your body got real cranky :thumbsup:), unlike me. Here's hoping the LV gives us both smoother sailing-it's sure got lots of precedent for that. Diaz-Pam, builder and others continue to provide us liquid newbies with tons of great coaching/info; thanks again, y'all!!

Bablatrice,

I'm in Canada and I called the local compounding pharmacy and they said they could easily make up a liquid for me.  All I needed was for my Doc to write the prescription that way. Unfortunately he would not so I am using the make at home Vodka/ water mixture which in my opinion works great.

Hope this helps.

:smitten:

ATU