Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

[52...]

1 mg whoopee  :)

[move]

WHOOOOTTTTTTT!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:[/move]

I second that!!!

Thanks Moo, Meo, and Marija!

Yea, I will probably get hit a little in my 36th hour but who cares, the psychology of this number is fantastic.  Everything from here is point something  :yippee:

1 mg whoopee  :)

[move]

WHOOOOTTTTTTT!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:[/move]

I second that!!!

Thanks Moo, Meo, and Marija!

Yea, I will probably get hit a little in my 36th hour but who cares, the psychology of this number is fantastic.  Everything from here is point something  :yippee:

Here is to " point something " !

It was a huge milestone for me too, being under 1 mgr.

From there in out i didnt really care too much about how long it took now as the next milestone would  be the jump.

Well done, MY!

Finally, at day 13 after my 1mg cut from 8mg Diaz to 7mg Diaz, I feel about 85-90%. Days 8/9 to 11 were hell.  I convinced my doc after much explaining to script me the 5mg = 5ml Roxane Oral Diaz.  Tomorrow, I will do one more day of 7mg Diaz using a 1mg equivalent of the liquid stuff (just to make sure my system is cool with it). After that, daily taper begins. Thank you to all of you who have helped me thus far.

Edzo

Thanks again to oregoncatz and All Tied Up with your replies re: liquid valium. Turns out it IS available in Ontario, Canada (thank you, misleading pharmacist), so hope that will be an option re: doc prescribing. If not, it's good to know milk and vodka are alternatives; with benzos, you sooo never know how things will go, huh ::).

Thanks again to oregoncatz and All Tied Up with your replies re: liquid valium. Turns out it IS available in Ontario, Canada (thank you, misleading pharmacist), so hope that will be an option re: doc prescribing. If not, it's good to know milk and vodka are alternatives; with benzos, you sooo never know how things will go, huh ::).

I also had a pharmacist steer me down a wrong path with liquid diaz. He said they only have 5ml single dose cups made by Precision Dosing. Luckily, I had been in the pharmacy a couple of days before and spoke with a nice lady pharmacist and discussed my taper plans. When she saw what her colleague had ordered for me, she thought to herself that the packaging would be less than ideal. After a bit of sleuth work by her, she found the code for the Roxane 30ml bottle. Better yet, the Roxane 30ml IS covered by my insurance for $4.20 whereas the same quantity of Precision Dosing wasn't covered and would have been over $70 per 30ml. It's nice to have a relationship with your medical provider (or pharmacist) that's for sure.

I also had a pharmacist steer me down a wrong path with liquid diaz. He said they only have 5ml single dose cups made by Precision Dosing. Luckily, I had been in the pharmacy a couple of days before and spoke with a nice lady pharmacist and discussed my taper plans. When she saw what her colleague had ordered for me, she thought to herself that the packaging would be less than ideal. After a bit of sleuth work by her, she found the code for the Roxane 30ml bottle. Better yet, the Roxane 30ml IS covered by my insurance for $4.20 whereas the same quantity of Precision Dosing wasn't covered and would have been over $70 per 30ml. It's nice to have a relationship with your medical provider (or pharmacist) that's for sure.

Note that the Roxane 30ml bottle is Diazepam Intensol 5mg=1ml.  This is an alcohol (19%) based concentrate.  It can be used for tapering, by is definitely not ideal because of highly concentrated formulation.

Ask your pharmacist to research Roxane Diazepam Oral Solution 5mg=5ml.  This is a more dilute glycol-based solution that most of us use for tapering.  Tell your pharmacist the NDC code is 0054-3188-63.

Note that the Roxane 30ml bottle is Diazepam Intensol 5mg=1ml.  This is an alcohol (19%) based concentrate.  It can be used for tapering, by is definitely not ideal because of highly concentrated formulation.

Ask your pharmacist to research Roxane Diazepam Oral Solution 5mg=5ml.  This is a more dilute glycol-based solution that most of us use for tapering.  Tell your pharmacist the NDC code is 0054-3188-63.

Thank you, but I did confirm that it isn't the Intensol. I believe the 5mg=5ml comes in a 30ml bottle as well, does it not? I pick it up today, so we shall see.

Edit:  Turns out you can have any size bottle of the 5=5 for which you are scripted. Just happened that my pdoc prescibed 30ml for me.

[52...]

It's nice to find a human amongst the allopathic crowd but unfortunately most of them will disappoint you most of the time.

I am happy to see that you made it over to this thread edzo, this is a good crowd(I was one of the people who responded to your Intro ;))

If you have a sensitive belly, you may dislike liquid Valium(I still have half a bottle).  As soon as I put it in my mouth I could feel it burn.  I know the Vodka titration sounds daunting, but as you do it, you will see how easy it is.  You make it yourself without the hideous chemicals  and preservatives that it contains.  It intensified benzo-belly for me.  Also, as you get into lower numbers, you will have to dilute it anyway, just like we do with the pills.  Some food for thought and my 3 cents worth ::)

It's nice to find a human amongst the allopathic crowd but unfortunately most of them will disappoint you most of the time.

I am happy to see that you made it over to this thread edzo, this is a good crowd(I was one of the people who responded to your Intro ;))

If you have a sensitive belly, you may dislike liquid Valium(I still have half a bottle).  As soon as I put it in my mouth I could feel it burn.  I know the Vodka titration sounds daunting, but as you do it, you will see how easy it is.  You make it yourself without the hideous chemicals  and preservatives that it contains.  It intensified benzo-belly for me.  Also, as you get into lower numbers, you will have to dilute it anyway, just like we do with the pills.  Some food for thought and my 3 cents worth ::)

Thank you for responding to my intro. Yes, it does seem like a nice, helpful crowd over here. The vodka titration doesn't seem daunting to me, it's just that I'm a recovering alcoholic and am VERY sensitive to the stuff.  If I really have problems with the liquid, I'll just use pills with whole milk.  Thank you for your food and money though.  :laugh:

[63...]

Experienced Valium friends,

I need your help.

I'm reposting here, tried the MT thread too, for help with how to "stabilize" to move forward with a liquid MT.

Cut and hold was simply too difficult.

A little history, this is my 3rd taper attempt, with 1 c/t off of .25 k (trusted the Pdoc; same old story) never recovered so reinstated onto 2.65 mg X. X was chosen due to my liver pathway strength.

Fast forward to fall of 2015, a compounding error in my X capsules reduced my capsules 98% instead of 2.5%. An essential C/t.

Now, only on V.

I "stabilized" on 7 mg of V, holding for 40 days.

Began with a .5 mg cut and held for 14 days.

Next, cut .25 mg and held for 16 days. Horrific symtoms.

Back to 6.5 mg and have held for 22 days. A few good days but many horrid days especially pre and post period.

My symptoms are extreme physical pain.

How do I "stabilize" and then move forward?

Much appreciated,

Marija

Marija,

I am sorry you are not doing well.  I have been micro tapering w/Builders help!  It has been (so far) a blessing.  It is noted that you had prior problems w/cutting, so I know you have to make allowances.

I wish only the best for you.  Keep us posted on your progress and I hope someone better qualified than me will give you some assistance. 

Donna

[63...]

Marija,

I am sorry you are not doing well.  I have been micro tapering w/Builders help!  It has been (so far) a blessing.  It is noted that you had prior problems w/cutting, so I know you have to make allowances.

I wish only the best for you.  Keep us posted on your progress and I hope someone better qualified than me will give you some assistance. 

Donna

Donna,

Thank you for reaching out. 

I'm not often able to spend as much time getting to know everyone here, children and a job, so feel out of the loop with others walking this same path.

Yes, this journey has been the hardest but am hoping I can straighten it out and finish it off with a MT. I've posted for thoughts from Builder and SG but have yet to hear.

Hope you are well and that your taper progresses as smooth as possible.

Marija

I need your help.

I'm reposting here, tried the MT thread too, for help with how to "stabilize" to move forward with a liquid MT.

A little history, this is my 3rd taper attempt, with 1 c/t off of .25 k (trusted the Pdoc; same old story) never recovered so reinstated onto 2.65 mg X. X was chosen due to my liver pathway strength.

Fast forward to fall of 2015, a compounding error in my X capsules reduced my capsules 98% instead of 2.5%. An essential C/t.

Now, only on V.

Back to 6.5 mg and have held for 22 days. A few good days but many horrid days especially pre and post period.

Much appreciated,

Marija

Hi Marija,

Im sorry things have been so rocky...

What i would do is hold for now till things are feeling calmer.

And then start a liquid taper, by replacing a small portion of your dose ( usually 1 mgr) with liquid and taper fromt the liquid part while taking the rest of your dose in tablets.

You can either dissolve your tablet in 1 -2 ml vodka and add 99-98 ml water to make a 100 ml and the cut small fractions each day by drinking less of the liquid each day.

Or you can use the same method, with full fat milk.

Or use a solvent called ora plus.

There is also a pharma grade liquid called Roxane, which youd only have to dilute .

Same principal.

Sounds like cut and hold is shocking your system to much at once, just like it did for me.

A liquid daily taper made it more tolerable for me and allowed me to cut at my own pace and have holds when i felt symproms increasing.

[63...]

I need your help.

Now, only on V.

Much appreciated,

Marija

Hi Marija,

And then start a liquid taper, by replacing a small portion of your dose ( usually 1 mgr) with liquid and taper fromt the liquid part while taking the rest of your dose in tablets.

You can either dissolve your tablet in 1 -2 ml vodka and add 99-98 ml water to make a 100 ml and the cut small fractions each day by drinking less of the liquid each day.

There is also a pharma grade liquid called Roxane, which youd only have to dilute .

Same principal.

Sounds like cut and hold is shocking your system to much at once, just like it did for me.

A liquid daily taper made it more tolerable for me and allowed me to cut at my own pace and have holds when i felt symproms increasing.

Moodle!

How are you?

Yes, cut and hold does not work for me.

I have a prescription for the liquid Valium and will use that once I "stabilize". I simply cannot figure out how to "stabilize".

Holding hasnt seemed to help. Perhaps due to pre and post period interference as well.

That is definitely a pattern.

I went back to the old Valium thread and read the first 400 pages (yup, trying to fgure this out) for a better sense of where you, Bart, Smiff, JJ and others began, tried, and now finished. You had done horrific days, Moodle.

How long do I hold for?

Hope you are well.

🌷

Thank you, but I did confirm that it isn't the Intensol. I believe the 5mg=5ml comes in a 30ml bottle as well, does it not? I pick it up today, so we shall see.

Edit:  Turns out you can have any size bottle of the 5=5 for which you are scripted. Just happened that my pdoc prescibed 30ml for me.

OK, great...the pharmacy is just dispensing the 5mg=5ml product in the pharmacy's 30ml bottle.  (because that's  how your doc wrote the scrip).

Didn't mean to cause  any confusion, I just happen to know the mfgr (Roxane) packages the Intensol in 30ml bottles, and the Oral Solution in 500ml bottles.  The pharmacy can of course re-package in any quantities based on the scrip.

Anyway, glad you got the right product and are set to go. :)

[52...]

I need your help.

Now, only on V.

Much appreciated,

Marija

Hi Marija,

Same principal.

Moodle!

How are you?

I have a prescription for the liquid Valium and will use that once I "stabilize". I simply cannot figure out how to "stabilize".

Holding hasnt seemed to help. Perhaps due to pre and post period interference as well.

I went back to the old Valium thread and read the first 400 pages (yup, trying to fgure this out) for a better sense of where you, Bart, Smiff, JJ and others began, tried, and now finished. You had done horrific days, Moodle.

How long do I hold for?

Hope you are well.

🌷

Oh Marija I am so sorry you are in hell.  If you look at my signature that was the range when I was in hell--dry cut and hold-ville. It's amazing my husband lives with me anymore >:D. Moo gave you good advice, micro-titrate and hold even those micro cuts until you feel stabilized.  Even when I was doing vodka micro-titration, I had some wonky days, especially around 2 down to 1.75.  Hang in there, you can do this--it's like climbing friggin( ;D) Mt. Everest, but the jumpers will be waiting for you, as you will wait for others, to plant your flag on the summit---YOU CAN DO IT :hug:

[63...]

I need your help.

Now, only on V.

Much appreciated,

Marija

Hi Marija,

Same principal.

Moodle!

How are you?

How long do I hold for?

Hope you are well.

🌷

Oh Marija I am so sorry you are in hell.  If you look at my signature that was the range when I was in hell--dry cut and hold-ville. It's amazing my husband lives with me anymore >:D. Moo gave you good advice, micro-titrate and hold even those micro cuts until you feel stabilized.  Even when I was doing vodka micro-titration, I had some wonky days, especially around 2 down to 1.75.  Hang in there, you can do this--it's like climbing friggin( ;D) Mt. Everest, but the jumpers will be waiting for you, as you will wait for others, to plant your flag on the summit---YOU CAN DO IT :hug:

Hi MYogi,

First off, let me say once again how thrilled I am that you have reached 1 mg!

I look at 1mg and my mind, while in this perpetual state of trash compactor muscle hell, speculates if I will ever get there.....

I've studied your signature and wondered about your 6 mg wall and how you got over it? 

I agree with Moodle that my CNS cannot function with .5 or .25 cut and hold. I have my liquid ready but need to first "stabilize". That is my major stumbling block.

My poor children must endure this along side me, driving to school with ice packs on my back & the strong aroma of peppermint oil saturating the car. My muscles feel like I've run a marathon, every day for the past year and a half. Debilitating pain is my unwanted companion.

How do "stabilize"? 

It's been suggested that I continue holding. I will try.  Then, MT.

Thank you for the encouragement!

Marija

I need your help.

Now, only on V.

Much appreciated,

Marija

Hi Marija,

Same principal.

Moodle!

How are you?

How long do I hold for?

Hope you are well.

🌷

Hi MYogi,

I look at 1mg and my mind, while in this perpetual state of trash compactor muscle hell, speculates if I will ever get there.....

I've studied your signature and wondered about your 6 mg wall and how you got over it? 

I agree with Moodle that my CNS cannot function with .5 or .25 cut and hold. I have my liquid ready but need to first "stabilize". That is my major stumbling block.

My poor children must endure this along side me, driving to school with ice packs on my back & the strong aroma of peppermint oil saturating the car. My muscles feel like I've run a marathon, every day for the past year and a half. Debilitating pain is my unwanted companion.

How do "stabilize"? 

Marija

"Stabilize" is a very open-ended word. A bit like "how long is a piece of string". The only thing you can really do at this point is to just keep holding. You will stabilize because you did when you were on 7mg. So just relax and take this time to have a break from tapering. Allow your body time to recover, then you can start you liquid taper. Things will get much better for you then.

[52...]

I need your help.

Now, only on V.

Much appreciated,

Marija

Hi Marija,

Same principal.

Moodle!

How are you?

How long do I hold for?

Hope you are well.

🌷

Hi MYogi,

How do "stabilize"? 

Marija

"Stabilize" is a very open-ended word. A bit like "how long is a piece of string". The only thing you can really do at this point is to just keep holding. You will stabilize because you did when you were on 7mg. So just relax and take this time to have a break from tapering. Allow your body time to recover, then you can start you liquid taper. Things will get much better for you then.

also, since you like the oils, their are some beautiful oils for muscle pain besides peppermint(although peppermint is so good for so many things), like lemongrass, birch, red pine, juniper(nerve pain), wintergreen, majoram, vetiver.  What kind of pain are you having? Clary Sage is wonderful for hormones and premenstrual distress.  The essential oils have been an integral part of my recovery.  I find they help with transforming my mood almost immediately sometimes.  I was given gabapentin post-surgery because of nerve pain and loss of feeling in my legs and I threw it away and put juniper oil on my legs a few times a day--success.  I have been putting oils on my son since he was 6 months old, so he is quite use to it ;)

[63...]

I need your help.

Now, only on V.

Much appreciated,

Marija

Hi Marija,

Same principal.

Moodle!

How are you?

How long do I hold for?

Hope you are well.

🌷

Hi MYogi,

How do "stabilize"? 

Marija

Agreed, DP, however my concern is that after holding at 6.5 mg from 1/27 my symptoms are increasing. Most notably "trash compactor muscles". The pain is excruciating.

I also go back and forth with how much of this could be depleted hormones.

So frustrating, and ridiculously painful, to hold for this long with zero improvements. Is it my biology?