Completely Healed at Almost 7 months off After 7 Years of Klonopin!!

[Mo...]

Hi - what a great account of your recovery.  Your description of the fog lifting, colours becoming more vivid, feelings coming back.  It sounds like being re-born :)

You are one of the lucky ones it seems, of which I count myself.

I too read many stories of protracted withdrawal.  Though I found it compelling, the amount of courage these people were showing despite such a lengthy suffering, I did despair and wonder if I would have the same ability to just "get on with it".

I'm pleased to hear you're back on the mend!!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mo...]

• [Lo...]

• [Dr...]

• [gr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone!

I am so glad my story continues to help people.  :smitten:

I have to be honest; I never considered crossing over to Valium. I wanted off these drugs so bad that it didn't make sense to me to go on another drug only to come off that one! I still don't get it! I wouldn't change anything because this experience has made me a stronger person. I am now unbreakable! :)

Hi everyone!

I am so glad my story continues to help people.  :smitten:

I have to be honest; I never considered crossing over to Valium. I wanted off these drugs so bad that it didn't make sense to me to go on another drug only to come off that one! I still don't get it! I wouldn't change anything because this experience has made me a stronger person. I am now unbreakable! :)

So glad you are still doing well!!!!

Now, at almost 7 months off, I have no symptoms. I am free!! I work full time and I am very busy. I am a hockey mom, a soccer mom and a basketball mom again. I can do anything now! I have no anxiety, no depression. I am happy and grateful for everything. This experience has made me a better person. I am not afraid of anything anymore. I love life. I can handle stress. I sleep like a baby. I am connected to people again.

For those of you in the thick of this, fight and know that one day it will feel like a bad dream; a distant memory. Remember that your thinking is flawed right now, so don't believe the lies your mind is creating. You will come out the other side stronger, happier and grateful for being alive. As difficult as it is, believe that. You will do all the things you love again. You will feel again and you will love life again. I promise! I suffered greatly and I am great now.

Stay strong and keep putting one foot in front of the other.

:smitten:

I still read your story! Wondering when will this end...but I know it will!  :smitten:

Now, at almost 7 months off, I have no symptoms. I am free!! I work full time and I am very busy. I am a hockey mom, a soccer mom and a basketball mom again. I can do anything now! I have no anxiety, no depression. I am happy and grateful for everything. This experience has made me a better person. I am not afraid of anything anymore. I love life. I can handle stress. I sleep like a baby. I am connected to people again.

For those of you in the thick of this, fight and know that one day it will feel like a bad dream; a distant memory. Remember that your thinking is flawed right now, so don't believe the lies your mind is creating. You will come out the other side stronger, happier and grateful for being alive. As difficult as it is, believe that. You will do all the things you love again. You will feel again and you will love life again. I promise! I suffered greatly and I am great now.

Stay strong and keep putting one foot in front of the other.

:smitten:

I still read your story! Wondering when will this end...but I know it will!  :smitten:

It absolutely will and you will feel even better than you did before all this! This experience has changed me so much........in a positive way. I don't have anxiety anymore because nothing scares me after this. :)

Chocolate. i just have to ask you...did you have any strong depression at all at any time?

The deepest depression I have ever felt! I went to the darkest places in my mind! Places I didn't know existed. I got through it and it completely went away. :)

Chocolate. i just have to ask you...did you have any strong depression at all at any time?

The deepest depression I have ever felt! I went to the darkest places in my mind! Places I didn't know existed. I got through it and it completely went away. :)

TY MC...Im so depressed and so disabled from it i cant do anything at all. Depression plus wd really sucks.

waiting to hear back form you More, I wait patiently but really think you can/could be such a great encouraging force in my life. I know you are busy with having a REAL life now. so when you have time.

Thank you ahead of time

I read your story today ! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. This past week my 11th has been so hard, didn't want to leave the house, dizzy etc etc. I'm also a week into a slow taper from Paxil.

Your story was the inspiration I needed. I will come out of this stronger !

Continued success in all that you do. :smitten:

Its really great to hear your story Im a mother of two who has tried tapering and reinstated several times.  I was bumped up to 100 mg of lib recently and have hit tolerance again, my anxiety is through the roof and a bunch of major life stressors going on. Your story gives me hope you must have had a great Dr. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Ty mo2

Its really great to hear your story Im a mother of two who has tried tapering and reinstated several times.  I was bumped up to 100 mg of lib recently and have hit tolerance again, my anxiety is through the roof and a bunch of major life stressors going on. Your story gives me hope you must have had a great Dr. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Ty mo2

I'm sorry to gear that you are struggling so much. I can absolutely relate. Just remember that it does get better in time and that your kids are your saving grace. :) I am here if you need to talk. I did not do this with a doctor.

• 3 weeks later...
Morechocolate, WHEN did the dizziness/vertigo end for you? This is by far the worst symptom. It feels like my brain is jerking around inside my head. My neck/head actually twitch with the dizzy spells at times. Do you remember when this went away? Also, did it just leave suddenly or did it slowly subside?

Morechocolate, WHEN did the dizziness/vertigo end for you? This is by far the worst symptom. It feels like my brain is jerking around inside my head. My neck/head actually twitch with the dizzy spells at times. Do you remember when this went away? Also, did it just leave suddenly or did it slowly subside?

It was my worst symptom too! I was sure I would feel like that forever. The first 3 months off it was constant. After that, I would get breaks here and there, but never a full day. Slowly, it got better and I would go days feeling sturdy. Days turned into weeks. At 6 months off, it was pretty much gone. I have to be honest though, I still get it occasionally for a little while. The last month has been bad again, but not complete dizziness. I just feel like I'm moving all the time. It's a bugger! Once I take the fear out of it, it's much more tolerable.

• 4 weeks later...
I just read my success story for the first time since I wrote it and I cried. I am so grateful to be alive and feeling again. :). You will all get there!

I am so happy for you Morechocolate. I'm so disturbed and frightened lately. I really needed to read your encouraging words.

Thank you so much for getting back to all of us who need to read these success stories.

Peace and Love to you. May God continue to bless you with a good life. You are an  :angel:

I am very happy for you! Thank you for posting. When in the midst of withdrawal is is life saving to reads stories like yours. Best to you.

Warmly,

Carita

I just read my success story for the first time since I wrote it and I cried. I a so grateful to be alive and feeling again. :). You will all get there!

How did you know I needed this! Right on time!!!! This Sunday makes 6 months off for me so this is super encouraging!  :smitten: