Completely Healed at Almost 7 months off After 7 Years of Klonopin!!

[Mo...]

I just want to say thank you. I'm unable to say much as  anymore im so depressed about withdrawal talking seems pointless I can't connect anyway. But this post has given me hope for a future.  :smitten:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mo...]

• [Lo...]

• [Dr...]

• [gr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

More Chocolate this helped me out a lot as I'm a single mom too!!!! I'm on 20 days of no benzos. Worst symptom is awkward balance, feeling rocky, slight dizziness, increased twitches...

I'm also working...but there are so many incredible success stories. I know I will make it!!!!

Happy and proud of you!  :clap:

[18...]

Wow, great story! I was also on klonopin for 7 years, and we jumped at the same time (May 10, 2013 for me - just one day after you!) Unfortunately, I am not at all healed yet, but I am improving, albeit very very slowly. I was also prescribed klonopin for anxiety and panic, and like you I don't think it will be an issue for me at all after this experience.

Enjoy your health - it must feel incredible! I can't wait to join you someday.

Good for you morechocolate! Great success story!

Cannot say I'm not envious. If just the floaty boaty dizziness would stop. I have been feeling it since I started taking that poison.  :'(

Upsydaisy...the boat sensation sucks big time. I am with you. It started 3 weeks ago on my last week of the taper and has been with me ever since. So daunting...feel like I am moving most of the time when I am sitting still.

Does it effect your balance and walking? Mine does.  :'(

We will get through this...we have too.

Lovingmother, looking at it like that I probably have had SOME improvement.

It did affect my balance and walking much more than it does now.

But altogether I have been floating and boating for like 7 months now  :tickedoff:

We will make it though!

Yes we will make it honey...we have no choice. We have a life to live and a lot of great things to accomplish!  :smitten:

This is a wonderful story of complete healing!! I hope to be in your shoes one day, but it does seem hard to fathom at the present time...Thank you so much!!

• 2 weeks later...
I had 20 minutes worth of feeling a true sense of well being yesterday, if that 20 minutes was a brief view of what your life is like now I can just imagine how ecstatic you must be feeling!  Awesome post!  Thank you!

I'm so happy for you!

This is hell.  I'm 6 weeks off of valium and my brain seems to be grabbing on to any horrible thought to make me take more.  I'll feel like I'm going to stop breathing or just stop existing.  I don't feel joy.  I went golfing yesterday and was just going through the motions.  I'm with a man I love very much but sometimes I'm so embarrassed of all these weird thoughts and emotions I just want to crawl away and hide. I can't sit still long enough to do that though.  Does this sound like withdrawal?  I hope so or else I am just going nuts.  Is this DP?DR? 

Please give me some encouragement.  Did you feel this too? Sounds like it was hell on earth for you too..OMG

I feel better in the evenings but mornings can be unbearable.

My mornings are bad.  I can't tell how I feel until the minute I actually get out of the bed.  The walk to the bathroom tells it all.  Heavy legs, probably bed all day....That tilting sensation, might get the dishes done.  Pounding heart, turn off the phone as every call will upset me.  DP/DR, observe from afar and ride it out.  As you go through this over the weeks ahead you can get an idea of how to respond, but for day to day predicting for activities ahead of time it will be a crapshoot as things are constantly going to change, good day bad day, just try to roll with the punches.  At almost three months out the dust of the onset has settled and the angst is much better since I have accepted this predicament and am focused on healing my receptors.  You will heal, you just won't know when.  We have always lived by schedules, with this, well, there just isn't a calendar to relate to so don't even try.... ;)

• 1 month later...

All of a sudden, colors seemed more vibrant, the sky was beautiful, the trees were amazing. It was like I was waking up from a long sleep. Soon, feelings started coming back. I felt love again. I felt joy and excitement. I started to laugh and have fun with my kids. I was able to watch tv again and listen to music. My life was coming back. Slowly, my symptoms started  disappearing. I had huge windows and nasty waves. The waves were so discouraging, but I kept fighting. My longest lasting symptoms were dizziness, blurred vision, insomnia, and akethesia.

Now, at almost 7 months off, I have no symptoms. I am free!! I work full time and I am very busy. I am a hockey mom, a soccer mom and a basketball mom again. I can do anything now! I have no anxiety, no depression. I am happy and grateful for everything. This experience has made me a better person. I am not afraid of anything anymore. I love life. I can handle stress. I sleep like a baby. I am connected to people again.

For those of you in the thick of this, fight and know that one day it will feel like a bad dream; a distant memory. Remember that your thinking is flawed right now, so don't believe the lies your mind is creating. You will come out the other side stronger, happier and grateful for being alive. As difficult as it is, believe that. You will do all the things you love again. You will feel again and you will love life again. I promise! I suffered greatly and I am great now.

Stay strong and keep putting one foot in front of the other.

:smitten:

I came back to this story...we have so much in common and sometimes I feel like I won't get my life back and my son needs me...but deep inside me...a voice says, "You will make it...you will get better!"

When I read to my son...his fave book is, "The Little Engine that Could." I love it because I feel like that little engine.

Many blessings...you best believe I will have a success story to tell soon!  :smitten:

[ea...]
Morechocolate, Thank you so much for you success story. I cried  reading the end, I relate so much  am really feeling hopeless, Now you have helped so much. My faith has even been shaken and I know it's benzo lies but in this state it is so hard to hold on. I hope one day I to can write my success story I hope we all do..You go on continue to enjoy you precious sons ,live a happy full life. God Bless You  And thank you again sooo much.

I'm so happy for you!

This is hell.  I'm 6 weeks off of valium and my brain seems to be grabbing on to any horrible thought to make me take more.  I'll feel like I'm going to stop breathing or just stop existing.  I don't feel joy.  I went golfing yesterday and was just going through the motions.  I'm with a man I love very much but sometimes I'm so embarrassed of all these weird thoughts and emotions I just want to crawl away and hide. I can't sit still long enough to do that though.  Does this sound like withdrawal?  I hope so or else I am just going nuts.  Is this DP?DR? 

Please give me some encouragement.  Did you feel this too? Sounds like it was hell on earth for you too..OMG

No. this is not DP or DR. At least what you are describing is not.

I am so happy that you are writing a success story. You have been on quite a journey. I am so happy for you and those around you.  :)

Look at Mores taper. Look at the cut sizes. Large to say the least and she was in twd as I am. This is why i can not just keep tapering at a slow rate. Im tired of being so sick and depressed every day.

She made .125 WACKS at a time all the way down and she is healed!

BUMP is right.

I'm so happy for you!

Sure sounds like your personal version of dp/dr.  At least some of it ("...just going through the motions..." etc).

Whether or not it can be diagnosed officially as dp and/or dr, it's going to lift off of you with time.  That is a sweet

fact.  :)

We not only suffer our own personal versions of dp and dr, we also have different ways of thinking about it

and of expressing it to others.  It all fades.  It goes away.  If it can fade and go away from me then it can

from anyone!  :laugh:  I had it BAD.

Hope will feed the healing.  Please know that there really and honestly is normalcy and knowing yourself

better down the road as you progress.    :)

- Pogo

• 3 weeks later...

Look at Mores taper. Look at the cut sizes. Large to say the least and she was in twd as I am. This is why i can not just keep tapering at a slow rate. Im tired of being so sick and depressed every day.

She made .125 WACKS at a time all the way down and she is healed!

BUMP is right.

I made big cuts for sure and I suffered each one! I figured if I'm going to suffer, I might as well get it over with. If you can handle it, I say do it!! True healing only happens when you jump. Good luck my friend. :)

Hope will feed the healing.  Please know that there really and honestly is normalcy and knowing yourself

better down the road as you progress.    :)

- Pogo

Love this! Thank you!  :smitten:

I still had many symptoms and my thinking was still flawed, but I felt better. I was more awake. The fog was lifting. All of a sudden, colors seemed more vibrant, the sky was beautiful, the trees were amazing. It was like I was waking up from a long sleep. Soon, feelings started coming back. I felt love again. I felt joy and excitement. I started to laugh and have fun with my kids. I was able to watch tv again and listen to music.

OMG! That happened to me a couple of weeks ago...I was outside and I noticed the color of the sky, the breeze, loved to hear the wind through the leaves of the tree, this past Saturday I went to playground with my son and then I thought of this post! I still have physical symptoms and anxiety and some irritability. But I am able to go out and what not.

So its happening! Healing is happening! YAY!  :hug:

I still had many symptoms and my thinking was still flawed, but I felt better. I was more awake. The fog was lifting. All of a sudden, colors seemed more vibrant, the sky was beautiful, the trees were amazing. It was like I was waking up from a long sleep. Soon, feelings started coming back. I felt love again. I felt joy and excitement. I started to laugh and have fun with my kids. I was able to watch tv again and listen to music.

OMG! That happened to me a couple of weeks ago...I was outside and I noticed the color of the sky, the breeze, loved to hear the wind through the leaves of the tree, this past Saturday I went to playground with my son and then I thought of this post! I still have physical symptoms and anxiety and some irritability. But I am able to go out and what not.

So its happening! Healing is happening! YAY!  :hug:

I'm so happy for you! It's great, isn't it? The best part is that it will just keep getting better and better. :)

I'm so happy for you! It's great, isn't it? The best part is that it will just keep getting better and better. :)

My son was so happy on Saturday when we took that long walk and then went to the playground...he was so happy! It made me super happy!  ;D