Stomach healing place

[br...]

Thanks Bring:  for the bkfst tips.  I too am looking to gain some weight.  I eat a lot of eggs and raw milk, protein and veggies.  raw nuts, and raw butter, coconut oil, olive oil, fish. Nutritionist is going on the theory that I have bacteria in the gut, intestines, and throat, so we are not feeding the bacteria any sugars or starchy carbs.  Well there goes all the fattening stuff. It is hard to eat right now as I have this awful acid taste in my mouth all the time.  Who would have thought the benzos would do this. All the acid problem began at the same time as the burning skin and they have worsened together.  All began during my first K taper 2 years ago.  I am ready for my life back.  Hope I don't have to wait until this temazepam/V taper is over, that will be months from now.

xo Overcomer :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [br...]

• [ma...]

• [Be...]

• [Bu...]

Thanks, Bring-it-own,

That sounds pretty good.  Finding the bread will be a challenge. I grow my own blueberries.  I was putting them on my cereal until I felt like it was spiking my blood sugar.  Maybe this way I can have all the ones I have in my freezer again.

I'm waiting for that distant memory.  Thanks again for the good ideas.

Mama2 :smitten:

Sounds great, the Blueberries are good, the Cereal, not so great, I would totally give it up. The Manufacturers of these Cereals have been getting away with just basically out right lies for years, somehow they have managed to convince the general public that eating Cereal in the morning is actually healthy, when the truth is, they actually contain high amounts of processed sugars, unwanted additives and a range of preservatives which will cause even a healthy person problems in the long run. Whole foods are your only option at the moment Mama.  ;D

Thanks Bring:  for the bkfst tips.  I too am looking to gain some weight. I eat a lot of eggs and raw milk, protein and veggies.  raw nuts, and raw butter, coconut oil, olive oil, fish. Nutritionist is going on the theory that I have bacteria in the gut, intestines, and throat, so we are not feeding the bacteria any sugars or starchy carbs.  Well there goes all the fattening stuff. It is hard to eat right now as I have this awful acid taste in my mouth all the time.  Who would have thought the benzos would do this. All the acid problem began at the same time as the burning skin and they have worsened together.  All began during my first K taper 2 years ago.  I am ready for my life back.  Hope I don't have to wait until this temazepam/V taper is over, that will be months from now.

I remember the metallic taste, urgh, it was not nice, it started around the time I started my taper, then got worse, then better, then worse, then gradually vanished over the taper. The last time I had it was well over a year ago.

I know you have spoke to a Nutritionist, and I know her heart will be in the right place but if she is advising you to eat Eggs, Milk and Coconut oil, I have to say that this is incorrect information, these three food choices alone could be enough to cause us a lot of pain if eaten daily and will almost certainly aggravate our stomachs, even if the end result is to clear your gut of bad bacteria's.

She is not to blame she like ourselves and the medical community as a whole had clearly underestimated benzo wd. Look up acid reflux friendly diets, then modify them as you go along through your taper to suit benzo wd. (It is possible, just)

If you keep a food diary at first until you get the hang of your new diets, this should help you get on the right footing and I would cut out these foods, the Cereals, Eggs, Milk, Coconut oils, no processed Sugar, no Dairy and see how you get on. You should both feel improvements over the course of a few weeks. Bulk up once your sx have settled by eating more often and eating sugars from fruits and getting your carbs from certain wholemeal breads/rice and nuts is my advice.

I hope your'e both ok, let us know how your'e doing.

:thumbsup:

Hello bringiton & others:

I am glad I found this thread.

I am experiencing a really hard time with stomach issues at 1 year off. Many things have improved, but I cannot seem to get rid of the bloating, & odd vibration sensations. Also gained weight (opposite of many here) & am having a hard time losing any even though I eat very healthy & conservatively.

What's up with this? Any idea's as to when this will get better or how to help cope with these things?

Bella

Hi Bella:

I am just in my second week off ativan.  I found that during my last week of tapering and the past two weeks, my weight loss has stopped.  I have lost over 40 pounds since November 2013 being on the drug.  I also changed my diet radically and eat only lean protein and steamed veggies.  I drink only water.  I walk three times a day around my town too.  Maybe these drugs promote weight loss either good or bad.  I also found my tummy has become bloated since tapering off.  I have red blotched on my skin on my stomach.  Have been for an endoscopy this week and go for a HIDA scan next week.  My stomach issues since.taki g this drug have been nasty.  I am hoping and praying for healing of this.  It is not a.nice.side effect.

DA

Hi DA-

Congratulations on being benzo free!

I was reading through this thread. We share some of the same symptoms & habits.

I take the "Florastor" pro biotic too (Just started this a week ago). I read somewhere that if probiotic is ingested with food it does not work properly.(The box says to take 30 minutes prior to meals.) I hope this begins to work soon. I also stick to a very lean diet & exercise daily too.

I found that eating vegetables is good but it is hard for me to digest them, so I started to make my own juice & drink 6oz. 2x a day. Also found that ginger helps settle stomach (put this in my juice & also make tea from ginger root).

The bloating really bothers me. Did yours start after jump or was it prior?  It is getting old & I welcome any relief & ways to get relief.

I also have the tingling/numbness on the left side of my face. I have had this after my jump & for 1 year. Let me know how the tingling in your face goes.

The esophagus issues went away on their own after a few months off.

I am curious to what they found if anything other than polyps in your endo. Please let me know. They did not find anything wrong with my inners.

Many blessing & healing to you!

Bella

Hello bringiton & others:

I am glad I found this thread.

I am experiencing a really hard time with stomach issues at 1 year off. Many things have improved, but I cannot seem to get rid of the bloating, & odd vibration sensations. Also gained weight (opposite of many here) & am having a hard time losing any even though I eat very healthy & conservatively.

What's up with this? Any idea's as to when this will get better or how to help cope with these things?

Bella

Hi Bella, Welcome to bb, I hope your'e not to bad today.

Our stomachs are thought of as our second brain, if you imagine the amount of stress our mind must be under at times during withdrawal then equally our stomachs will be put through the same amount of stress and upheaval.

We have GABA Receptors in our Brain, Stomach, Liver and Kidneys, somewhere else too, I forget, it is these GABA Receptors that need to do something called UNPREGULATE which is another term for RESPOND. Once they do this, then this is when our stomachs will begin to repair and eventually heal. I'm sure someone could give you the full explanation in scientific terms but I find this way easier to understand. Once our mind is better then so too will be our stomachs.

Hope that helps, let us know how you get on through out withdrawal. Wishing you well  :thumbsup:

Hi Bella:

I am just in my second week off ativan.  I found that during my last week of tapering and the past two weeks, my weight loss has stopped.  I have lost over 40 pounds since November 2013 being on the drug.  I also changed my diet radically and eat only lean protein and steamed veggies.  I drink only water.  I walk three times a day around my town too.  Maybe these drugs promote weight loss either good or bad.  I also found my tummy has become bloated since tapering off.  I have red blotched on my skin on my stomach.  Have been for an endoscopy this week and go for a HIDA scan next week.  My stomach issues since.taki g this drug have been nasty.  I am hoping and praying for healing of this.  It is not a.nice.side effect.

DA

I think it is more to do with the amount of stress we are under, in our case both physical and mental. During wd our bodies will burn more calories, the thing is, we do not have any back up calories to call on, we barely eat, so we exhaust our reserve supplies and then some, this is my explanation for not only the weight loss but the muscle wastage too, we just eat away at our fuel reserves, this being our fat and muscle tissue. Until, alas, we are just too skinny. The weight thankfully is holding with me right now.

I feel you going through all those tests, I had an endoscopy almost two years ago along with many other tests, ultra sound, mri, x rays, blood/urine tests and they all came back negative. I didn't get any anesthetic during the endoscopy, I went in awake, it wasn't nice at all. It is best to rule out anything non benzo related, these tests should all come back negative, leaving the Doctors scratching their heads!?  ???

Non of this is nice, it is all part of the journey back to health I guess, we all just need to stick together and help each other through it and that is all we can do.

The waiting continues ......  We continue to become stronger!

Thanks

8)

Thanks for your kind reply.  I too wish for these bellies to get better.  I also want all these tests to come back negative so there is only the withdrawl sxz to blame it on.  I plan on sticking with my strict diet for quite a while and the exercise too.  I needed to start this healthy living years ago.  Have a good weekend, everyone!  It was raining here earlier and now it snows again.  My kids are home today as the busses can't run due to icy roads this morning.  It ia comforting to have them home today.

DA

I posted once before on this thread and don't come to Benzo Buddies too often but just wanted to add my thoughts to this thread in case it might help someone. 

I was doing pretty good going gluten free and dairy free but had a relapse due to extreme stress.  Since I had no medical insurance I had to figure it out myself.  The pain was so bad that I couldn't eat anything and couldn't fall asleep at night.  I started to think I might be finished. 

I searched on the web and first discovered a book named Breaking the Vicious Cycle.  On one of the Amazon reviews someone recommended scdlifestyle.com.  Since I needed help desperately I downloaded the free chapter and after reading it I ordered the ebook for $37.  I paid another $25 to print it up.  No. I'm not trying to sell you the book.  You can get Breaking the Vicious Cycle from the library, download the free chapter and go to various websites like pecan bread.com to get more information on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet.  I've spent so much time researching this.  After 42 days on this diet,  I am much better.  Not totally better but pretty good. 

I had been under extreme stress.  Not quite better from the benzo withdrawal.  Still have fatigue on some of the days, I lost my job because of the withdrawal and my family turned against me when I threw the nephew out and the daughter's boyfriend.  It seemed that the only one who still liked me in the family was the dog.  I was ostracized for about 6 months.  Besides that I had to paint the whole house by myself.  I could go on.

Anyway,  it appears that when a person has this kind of chronic stress, the acid in the stomach goes way down, even if you have acid coming up your esophagus.  When the acid is down, the bad bacterial takes over resulting in Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth. The bad bacteria release toxins which causes the intestines to become inflamed.  Food can't be digested which causes more of the bad bacteria. 

The Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) starts with a very basic intro diet which is no grains, no starches and only certain carbohydrates in the form of vegetables and fruit.  It includes chicken along with the broth, and homemade jello. The idea is to start with just a few easier to digest things and then slowly add others.  The bad bacteria gets starved out,  the inflammation in the gut is slowly healed and then you rev up the good bacteria by eating SCD legal yogurt.  This is yogurt which you make yourself using only 3 kinds of probiotics in the starter and you ferment the yogurt for 24 hours.  This long fermentation period eats up the lactose so that you're not exposed to that and also gives a tremendous amount of probiotics. There are also alternatives to the yogurt made from dairy. 

If you check out their website there is a lot of good information there.  For instance at 25 days on the diet I still had a lot of pain and there was a posting that mentioned you might have to look at one of 4 things in addition.  I believe I had been eating too much fruit.  Once I cut that down I started improving.  The thing is,  everyone is different so you have to take it real slow and add one thing at a time while following the diet 100%. 

My stomach was a mess before I got on the benzos.  In fact that's why they put me on them.  The benzos never got rid of the pain, just let me live with it, while turning me into an accidental drug addict. 

After the worst of the withdrawals started to subside,  I could finally address the stomach issues.  I thought I had it figured out with the gluten free diet but turns out the cornbread and potatoes I was eating were exactly the wrong thing and gave the bad bacteria a feast.  I went to about 6 different doctors and not one of them helped me. (back when I had a job and insurance)  You've got IBS with constipation,  you've got anxiety.  Maybe a new anti depressant would do the trick.  I got off those too. 

Well anyway,  if nothing helps your stomach,  you might want to give the Specific Carbohydrate diet a try.  It was actually first published in 1951 by Dr. Haas and then written in the Book, Breaking the Vicious Cycle by Elaine Gottschall. You can check out their website at breakingtheviciouscycle.info  SCD lifestyle actually takes the book and adds detail to how to go about the diet.  It is especially good for a person who's not the best at cooking since it tells you exactly how to cook stuff.  It's not an easy diet at all but for me all the extra trouble has been worth it because almost all the pain and discomfort I've been dealing with for years is almost gone. 

Good luck to all with your stomach pain and withdrawal issues. 

Hi bringiton & northsider:

You guys are GREAT! Full of a lot of helpful suggestions & facts on how the stomach functions & why/what maybe going on. I am impressed.

I have actually been on the "specific carb diet" for a while now. I also found that book "breaking the viscious cycle" to be very good & useful. I like the recipies & find it easy & enjoyable as well. Some of the pain in my belly has lessened but I am still extremely bloated & have the odd vibrations. Maybe it will take awhile longer before my stomach heals up & the bloating & gas goes away. Who knows in what is what anymore in this process of withdrawal/recovery. Sometimes makes my head feels like this :D

Do you think the bloating & gas is from benzo withdrawal or diet? I have been on this regiment for about 3 months now. I often wonder if it is the diet as I follow this book to a T but the only things to lessen/go away are the pain & diarhea. This has perplexed me.

Keep the good info comingguys!

Glad I found this thread.

Take care,

Bella

Well, I guess I am not the only one with acid problems.  nutritionist/biomagnetics put me on protein, veggies that have no starch or sugar, juicing with beets, carrots, broccoli, celery.  I can have milk if it is raw, also mega doses of acidophulus/bifodus and coconut kefir water.  Idea to drown the army of bad bacteria with a bigger army of good bacteria.  So far, nothing improved, I still have the acid coming up into my throat and mouth, makes my throat spasm.  My teeth are eroding. 

I noticed as my skin burning increased, the acid burning also increased!  They are related, hmmm maybe Klonocide w/d. 

Boo!  >:(

lol, I just thought I would update again. In the next two months, possibly the next one month I will start to taper off the PPI that I am currently on, which is Lanzoprazole. I am currently on 30mg daily and have been for about 2 and half years. My stomach sx are gradually getting better and I can handle food better now, food seems to be digesting better. I want to start my taper as soon as possible because it will take 4 months to taper off the PPI. I eat healthy these days, during my PPI taper I will adjust my diet accordingly.

My Taper Plan for PPI:

22.5mg for 1 month

15mg for 1 month

7.5mg for 1 month

3.25mg for 1 month

Jump then switching over to Zantac, which will be taken on an as and when the sx flare up basis, no more than 150mg twice a week.

Once I am off the PPI, I should see more improvements, that's the theory anyway, as PPI'S inhabit acid production, not allowing food to digest as good. I will update again when I begin the taper. Thanks

Acid blocking medications almost always interact with benzo metabolism, therefore as you are trying to slowly wean and get clean from the benzos, the acid blockers are increasing the benzo concentration in your body, making it hang around longer.  That's why stopping them rapidly is disastrous, as it is like bumping up your benzo dose, then doing a big cut, you're going to get more stomach burning and withdrawal.

My stomach feels like chards of glass in it. I'm also nauseated off and on. I can only eat approximately 1/2 cup of food and immediately my limbs get weak.  This happens no matter what I eat.  If I wait too long before eating, my blood sugar drops to only around 97 and I have symptoms of low blood sugar.  Like I said in an earlier post, I had a scope and nothing was found.  This is really starting to get to me.  I can't do anything but wait for the little food I have eaten to digest and then it starts all over again. 

My nausea got a little better after the acute phase, but now it is back worse than ever.

I'm taking 5,0000 vitamin D IU, 400mg magnesium.  Thinking about stopping them both.  I also take the probiotic Parker used.  Thinking of stopping it also.

Mama2

Acid blocking medications almost always interact with benzo metabolism, therefore as you are trying to slowly wean and get clean from the benzos, the acid blockers are increasing the benzo concentration in your body, making it hang around longer.  That's why stopping them rapidly is disastrous, as it is like bumping up your benzo dose, then doing a big cut, you're going to get more stomach burning and withdrawal.

During my benzo taper I tried to stop the same PPI by tapering off the PPI very fast, I tried to go from 30mg to 15mg and approx 2 weeks after reducing the PPI all hell broke loose, it was very scary, I had extreme vertigo, very dizzy to the point if I stood up I would nearly pass out, my GI sx went to almost the highest level of pain I had felt. I was anxious and just not well. My legs went completely numb, really scary stuff! The scariest part was thinking I had some illness that was doing all this, had I of not underestimated taper wd from benzos and benzo wd in general I'm sure I would of linked the two together at the time and realized I wasn't dying, this was a result of the rapid PPI taper causing benzo wd sx to flare up.

Looking back the PPI taper was to fast but I didn't have any other way to do things back then, now I am thinking clearly, I will sit down and pick out each little individual balls that are inside the pills and separate them into four piles, meaning 30mg = 4 x 7.5mg. Using this to form any other small doses in the future during PPI taper. Example, add 3 x 7.5mg = 22.5mg ( 3 x Piles of Balls from quartering the 30mg dose)

I have been benzo free now for over 10.5 months, it will be 11m on the 8th April 2014. I am still going through Acute wd, but I have seen many improvements over the past few months. I'm around 30-35% healed, this would be a good estimation.

I just hope my sx are not revved up to much when I quit the PPI, as long as I keep improving the rate I am, I should in theory be ready to start the taper of PPI at the 1 year benzo free stage. Meaning I will jump from the PPI remaining small dose of 3.25mg at the 16 months benzo free stage. This time I will taper much slower as you can see. I think it is something most of us with stomach problems are going to face, get of benzos, then get off PPI's and any other pill you may be on, if you can of course.

Thanks for the info, it made me realize why things went so badly wrong the last time.

My stomach feels like chards of glass in it. I'm also nauseated off and on. I can only eat approximately 1/2 cup of food and immediately my limbs get weak.  This happens no matter what I eat.  If I wait too long before eating, my blood sugar drops to only around 97 and I have symptoms of low blood sugar.  Like I said in an earlier post, I had a scope and nothing was found.  This is really starting to get to me.  I can't do anything but wait for the little food I have eaten to digest and then it starts all over again. 

My nausea got a little better after the acute phase, but now it is back worse than ever.

I'm taking 5,0000 vitamin D IU, 400mg magnesium.  Thinking about stopping them both.  I also take the probiotic Parker used.  Thinking of stopping it also.

Mama

Mama2,

I feel your pain, maybe stop the supplements as an overload of anything in our situation is not advisable.

My nausea along with stomach issues seem to be leveling out now, it got really bad last month and the month before. Now it is calmer, thankfully.

Wishing you well, both of you, all of you.  :thumbsup:

edit: requested by OP

Thanks bring it on.  I do plan on stopping my supplements. 

Every few days when I would have some indigestion I would take Maalox.  Do you think that has made things worse from not being consistent with it?  Maybe thrown things off balance with not enough acid for digestion?

Mama2

Overcomer - I would not be juicing beets right now.  Beets are a great liver detoxifier which you do not want in benzo w/d.  You want your liver to metabolize your benzo at the normal rate.  I think that juicing beets and greens may have been what threw me into my acute phase last Fall.  Just MHO.  :smitten:

Thanks bring it on.  I do plan on stopping my supplements. 

Every few days when I would have some indigestion I would take Maalox.  Do you think that has made things worse from not being consistent with it?  Maybe thrown things off balance with not enough acid for digestion?

Mama2

I always feel better for not taking those tum tums, I used to eat them like candy but found the next day things were off. I would stop using any indigestion tablets completely if possible, the Maalox should not be in your system yet so not taking it wont be as bad. They offer a quick fix, but do nothing long term. Maybe seek out alternative natural remedies to sooth your stomach. I can suggest Ginger and camamile tea, (on the weaker side).

Has anybody had any success with Apple Cider Vinegar? I'm thinking about using it when I jump off the PPI.

Hi

I have had ongoing issues with my stomach from benzo withdrawal.  Stomach issues are my biggest withdrawal symptom, for some reason.

Before I knew I was in withdrawal, I quit my PPI cold turkey on two different occasions.  That sent me into pure hell both due to acid rebound plus withdrawal symptoms I did not recognize.

Now I know exactly when I am tapering too fast, or another medication is affecting my withdrawal because I get severe epi-gastric stomach pain which does not respond to anything except increasing my valium.

I now only take Zantac once a day , and I won't stop that until I have completed my taper as it increases valium and if I stop it suddenly, it will lead to more withdrawal symptoms.

As I am getting lower in my taper, more and more things seems to be affecting it, so my stomach is just not a happy chappy right now!

Hi

I have had ongoing issues with my stomach from benzo withdrawal.  Stomach issues are my biggest withdrawal symptom, for some reason.

Before I knew I was in withdrawal, I quit my PPI cold turkey on two different occasions.  That sent me into pure hell both due to acid rebound plus withdrawal symptoms I did not recognize.

Now I know exactly when I am tapering too fast, or another medication is affecting my withdrawal because I get severe epi-gastric stomach pain which does not respond to anything except increasing my valium.

I now only take Zantac once a day , and I won't stop that until I have completed my taper as it increases valium and if I stop it suddenly, it will lead to more withdrawal symptoms.

As I am getting lower in my taper, more and more things seems to be affecting it, so my stomach is just not a happy chappy right now!

Hi Silverbell,

Sorry to hear about your stomach, your'e in the same boat as a lot of others here, at least we can help each other along the way.

Sounds similar to what I went through, it is just as bad if not worse than actual benzo wd. I am actually really tempted to c/t from PPI just to see what happens, then again, it is a bad idea as we know. I will stop taking the PPI for a couple of days I think just to see how my stomach reacts. Next on the list of things to do is to sit down and manually divide the inner balls inside the PPI's in order to make them into specific doses in time for my taper. I wonder would those little micro scales work for such a microscopic amount? I am dividing the inner balls of PPI into four quarters. I hope there is an easier way?

I'm going to try and cold turkey off the PPI. This is not advisable, I can only hope it works out. So far I can only notice mild burning.

Day 1....

Good luck Bring-it-on with coming off the PPI.

Doing it cold turkey is not something I would do again! 

DGL and zinc can both heal the gut, and I have found marshmallow to be very helpful in healing the stomach lining too if you need any help along the way.

Hi bringiton & northsider:

You guys are GREAT! Full of a lot of helpful suggestions & facts on how the stomach functions & why/what maybe going on. I am impressed.

I have actually been on the "specific carb diet" for a while now. I also found that book "breaking the viscious cycle" to be very good & useful. I like the recipies & find it easy & enjoyable as well. Some of the pain in my belly has lessened but I am still extremely bloated & have the odd vibrations. Maybe it will take awhile longer before my stomach heals up & the bloating & gas goes away. Who knows in what is what anymore in this process of withdrawal/recovery. Sometimes makes my head feels like this :D

Do you think the bloating & gas is from benzo withdrawal or diet? I have been on this regiment for about 3 months now. I often wonder if it is the diet as I follow this book to a T but the only things to lessen/go away are the pain & diarhea. This has perplexed me.

Keep the good info comingguys!

Glad I found this thread.

Take care,

Bella

Bella,  Sorry it has taken a while to respond.  The fact that your diarrhea and pain has lessened is a very good sign.  I can't say for sure if it's the Benzo Withdrawal or the diet still causing you trouble.  I believe gas and bloating comes from undigested food however.  When the food can't be digested, the bacteria moves in to do the job.  The toxic waste material that the bad bacteria release causes the gas and bloating.  As you know the Specific Carbohydrate diet works to starve out the bad bacteria.  The bad bacteria has to be replaced by the good so that's where the yogurt comes in.  I did order the Yogurtmet yogurt maker with a dimmer switch.  The thermometer that came with it is no good but luckily I had a decent candy thermometer I could use. I think if I had to do it over again I'd look at a food dehydrator which supposedly maintains a stable temperature and allows you to make more but considering I've never actually used one, who knows.

Are you making the SCD legal yogurt? The yogurt is essential, also the correct starter. The homemade yogurt is SCD legal because the lactose is eaten up in the 24 hour fermenting process.  If you have trouble with using the cow milk you can try goat's milk.  Pills can't take the place of the yogurt.  The probiotics in the pills are just a drop in the bucket compared to yogurt that has been fermented for 24 hours. 

Also,  a post on scdlifestyle.com has tips on what to do if you are still having trouble.  4 things are usually the culprit which are dairy, eggs, nuts and too much fruit or honey.  You have to experiment with these things.  If you still have a problem it may be parasites etc.  I doubt that that is the problem though because you have gotten better to quite an extent.  You might want to try some digestive enzymes to see if that helps.  I'd try giving up the 4 things first though and see if that helps.  I bet it will. 

Good luck. 

Good luck Bring-it-on with coming off the PPI.

Doing it cold turkey is not something I would do again! 

DGL and zinc can both heal the gut, and I have found marshmallow to be very helpful in healing the stomach lining too if you need any help along the way.

Thanks SB, could you please tell me about your own experiences with PPI's

How much were you on and for how long? How long did it take to get over the worst of the cold turkey?

Thanks again

Hi North:  I am pretty much doing that diet except instead of yogurt,  I am drinking coconut kefir water.  Loaded with probiotics.  Been doing this for a year.  My chiro/nutritionist/biomagnetist muscle tested me today and he says parasites more than bacteria.  I just did his 4 month parasite cleanse from hell, What the hay?  Also the biomagnetism is to get rid of organisms also.  It is all very interesting.

xo OC  :smitten: :smitten:

Day 2.

So far so good, only another 2 months to go lol, at least until the worst of PPI wd is over anyway.

Yesterday I quickly noticed just how much of PPI wd is physiological. We get a burning feeling in our stomach or we need a BM or maybe have a little pain or discomfort, usually we think nothing of it, but whilst coming off PPI, we automatically think '' oh no this is it' I am going to be in lots pain, it must be the wd off PPI's etc. Rather than just thinking nothing much of it as we would normally do whilst in benzo wd.

(That is once we have confirmed it is benzo wd)

When we know it is benzo wd this is ok, we are used to this pain, but as soon as we know it could be PPI wd it's like we go into worry mode, which is no good for our stomach.

I feel this is the right time to do this for me, the last thing I want is to be healed from benzos, feeling great and then have to take two steps back by going into PPI wd, potentially revving up benzo wd sx.

I would much rather get it all out the way now when my stomach issues are somewhat calmer and more importantly while I am still in withdrawal/fighting mode. It is tricky but I'm getting the hang of it. I find that the right frame of mind is essential if you want to beat any sort of wd.