Stomach healing place

[br...]

stevozz...thanks for the reply. I am not having issues with acid reflux so much just everything else. I was on a PPI cuz my ent dr thought I may be having silent reflux due to throat issues I am having but it didn't seem to help so I quit taking it. Has anyone found anything to help with the ibs problems? Please let me know I really need advice. Thank you.

I have had issues with IBS for a long time. I took CBD oil for a few weeks which really calmed everything down. Eating less gluten helped me; I imagine no gluten might be better but I cannot go to that extreme. So does meditation. I still have issues with nausea which the CBD oil stopped working, so I picked up an aromatherapy roll-on blend through amazon and that is helping. It doesn't make sense, but it works so I will keep using it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [br...]

• [ma...]

• [Be...]

• [Bu...]

Hi everyone...another day of healing for all of us on the books. :thumbsup: ..Hope some are making progress.... my stomach issues continue to improve...which in turn helps control my anxiety...which helps me feel like im healing... I don't know if it's coincidence or not..or maybe a little of both...but the DGL {deglycyrrhizinated Licorice} appears to be helping...I chew 2 tabs 20-30mins before a meal  {ha I say meal..more like 1/2 of a small ham sandwich} and my stomach doesnt get upset... eating is something that I dreaded because of the discomfort that followed... I am down 51 lbs now, but my weight loss is slowing...maybe 2lbs a week as opposed 4-5lbs a week...I guess when your in full blown withdrawals you are really  burning calories.....as always God bless us all and may we all have full recoveries! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the update Steve...glad to hear you are doing better...I am too for the moment...here's hoping our gut problems heal fast and well. Hand in there bud...you are inspiring.

NJ...thanks, I had thought about trying CBD oil but I have read about some people having negative reactions to it so I'm kinda afraid. Plus it's expensive and I can't really afford that as a long term solution. I'm glad you are finding things to help you. It's all just trial and error right now I guess.

Can Do:  Thank you and glad your test results have been ok.  Good luck with the colonoscopy, too.  I have some tests coming up-crossing my fingers that things are ok.  Take care!

Steve and Arty:  very glad you are doing better  :)

Can Do:  Thank you and glad your test results have been ok.  Good luck with the colonoscopy, too.  I have some tests coming up-crossing my fingers that things are ok.  Take care!

Steve and Arty:  very glad you are doing better  :)

Burned, yep Colo in a couple weeks urrr and running out of places to look unreal but happy nothing found yet but i am starting to glow in the dark from all these scans ! My fingers are crossed for ya so keep the faith  :) ~CD

Hello to everyone, I started having acid reflux combined with bloated stomach about 15 days ago when I abused benzos (and junk food) during a stressful period in my life.

Then i read that benzos could be the reason for both the reflux and the permanently blown stomach (without easily passing any gas, although burping is often). For this reason I went from 5 benzos/day (abused up to 8 mg ativans per day) down to 2 per day. But its too hard (lack of sleep, tremors, psycholocical wreck...) so I raised it to 2,5 mg/day and take it in doses keeping the 1 mg for the sleep so that at least I get 6 hours (i used to sleep 8 hours with normal benzo dose). So my sleep is already shortened. But thats ok, I can survive that. The problem I have, and my gastro is clueless so he will start with endoscopy but he already warned me it will be ''complicated'' to find out why im bloated all the time, so that i cannot eat. And by not eating I feel weak and crazy. He gave me pantoprazole and maalox and said I should try to eat and chew well but when I did that even with those drugs i felt horrible afterwards and took hours of walking around and going crazy to take a deep breath again (any food makes me bloated even more than what im already all the time). Only foods that dont make me bloated even more are frozen blueberry fruit in moderation and fresh ginger and maybe a fistful of boiled potato, but that is all.When I tried boiled chicken (and chew it well enough) and anything else except blueberry/banana/potato (and even these in just tiny amounts), I feel like im losing my breath. So i stopped eating, just munching on fruits now for days and due to a urine test showing bug in my intestine I get a strong antiobiotic right now. But im afraid that the benzo abuse I did 15 days ago and now the benzo kind of çold turkey withdrawal, is causing the problem with the stomach bloating. Of course I must do all other tests to rule out other reasons like I read most of you have done in this group. Im afraid of doctors so this will be very bad time for me.... Im very agitated with machines going in me. Im afraid I will have to take 2 mg benzo 1 hour before each doctors test just to calm me enough to sit and do what the doctor needs me to do. Is that good or bad? I dont weant to abuse them again but if im risking my life by agitation and tremors during a medical body test I guess its safer to force a calm level on me first.

Doctors seem to not believe when I blame benzos, and already I have had urine and stool and blood tests. Blood test is ''normal'' but urine was, as said above, suspicious for gastrenteritis so I got the 5 day antibiotic cure.

If possible give me some hope, if you did tests and ruled out other reasons and you now know your bloating /innability to eat was due to withdrawal, did it get better after the withdrawal (for those of you who are already benzo-free)? Will I be able to eat like before 1 year from now:/ ? Oh god... And how long can sustain myself (im fat so i start from a comfortable state) eating just 300 calories per day :/? And fat is now allowed as its causing acid, im onto alkaline-food which is also low in calories. Its a living niightmare and scary cause I am happy to lose the extra weight but not fast and by starving while my stomach feels super full all the time (from gas). Thanks for any replies and get well soon all of you.

Sorry you are going through so much simplitic.  Benzos and withdrawal affect so many of our bodies' functions for sure.  The Nurse Practitioner who helped me taper off benzos said that they can affect our GI motility and slow down the whole digestion process.  Similar to gastroparesis and that in turn could cause SIBO symptoms-both of which can cause gas, bloat, reflux, fullness and inability to eat. 

I had bad GI problems before benzos but, while they relaxed some GI muscles, they brought about a lot of the symptoms you are experiencing, too (especially during tapering and withdrawal).  It hurt to eat and I didn't have much of an appetite, but tried to keep the calories and weight up by drinking protein shakes and eating 5-6 small meals/snacks a day.  I've had scopes and scans that have shown some gastritis and a hernia but, not much else.  I think if you didn't have GI issues before taking benzos, your symptoms are most likely due to the benzos-they are classic for benzos and withdrawal.

I hope you can find a way to get some more calories that are easier on your GI and that your tests continue to come back ok.  Aloe, DGL, slippery elm and marshmallow tea are all soothing on the GI, too. Take good care.

Hey Simplitic.  Your experience sounds similar to mine.  Mine was gastroparesis (tell your doctor), and I had to virtually have a liquid diet for a while.  Another lady I know was hospitalised.    I did jelly/yoghurt gluten free toast, steamed fish, sweat potato, and dry crackers - no coffee,  liquorice tea (and normal tea occasionally).  I was prescribed omeprzole for the reflux (and stayed on that far too long - you'd probably only need it a matter of weeks), and domperidone for nausea (but which actually helped the stomach empty and the peristalsis of the intestine, and gave me the greatest relief within half an hour of taking it - go easy on them though - I only used them when really necessary, and I think they might be banned in uSA).    I think that if I'd managed to cross over to diazepam, or perhaps an anti-D like remeron or prozac, I may not have gone through quite as much pain, but I'm not sure.    When my gut wouldn't move, my BP would rocket (then after my gut resolved a little it plummeted).

I started eating more normally 6 weeks or so later;  although, 15 months later, still seem to be sensitive to some foods, and still get some bloating.  What you're going through is not unusual, but do eat easily digested slushy type invalid food to make it easy for your system to empty.  The nerves are not getting strong enough signals from your brain to do their job properly, although they are trying, so your body's stressing and gut is very unrelaxed and your mind will be the same.  Take the path of least resistance, and try to help your body as best you can. 

Thank you all for sharing your experience with this problem. I am in Europe, had been taking pantoprazole (protonix I think its called in US) for 10 days but I decided to stop and the dose was really high, my gastro said 3 pills (of 40mg) a day... Helped only minimally since despite these I still had to eat a lot less and bland (boiled potato/fish only, tried boiled chicken and had serious bloating/indigestion for hours). I stopped the pantoprazole now.

I experience most discomfort when food is solid or oily. White fish (cod) for example is ok but salmon (an oily fish) causes me major discomfort. Cannot digest oil or fat it seems or it takes ages and a lot of maalox sips. Disgusting:/

I try hard to create a diet for myself that give me minimum 1500 calories per day in small snacks and protein shakes and energy drinks (not fizzy ones).

The goal is also 2 lt minimum water per day as my general doctor said im dehydrated.

After reading gastroparesis symptoms, yes it is a lot like what I experience, will discuss it with my gastro but a week ago on first visit he was like ''its nothing in 5 days you will be fine again just take pantoprazole and maalox and eat smaller meals and chew well''.  I didnt like his prediction that im fine just have a week crisis with acid reflux. Maybe he was trying to be nice to me though, I will see the same doctor tomorrow but if he doesnt understand my benzo suspicion on this issue and my struggle with getting enough calories I will go to a second gastro for a second opinion.

I  dont have blind trust to doctors cause its doctors who filled me with clorazepate at the tender age of 27 for ''stress relief''  and in high doses... for 2 months, then I went cold turkey on my own initiative, suffered 2 years of weird symptoms (from insomnia to hair loss) but I dont remember gastro-related symptoms back then,, thats why now im freaking out with all this. Maybe withdrawal from clorazepate is different from withdrawal from lorazepam or I am just older now and weaker than back then, I dont know.

Today I bought a food processor to put veges and fruits into it and drink them instead of chewing them so that I dont miss out on phytonutrients. And try to take probiotic too as it has helped before but downing the pill is hard, and getting the powder of a probiotic on liquit (water or milk) has a funny effect so im not sure im supposed to take it without the pill coating:/ Must buy the chewing version....

Waiting with anxiety to see how my gastro will respond to my continued problems in our meeting tomorrow as he dismissed me a week ago as ''nothing serious will pass in 5 days...'' and I guess a gastro-scopy or other test is in due but do I have a choice not to? No. I just worry if he doesnt understand how benzo might be partial or whole part of the  reflux phenomenon. My psychietrist is the only one who is open to the idea that benzo withdrawal causes me reflux.

I hope we get all better and better by the day, and each of us find our own course back to normal living. A friend of mine is happy to take pantoprazole(protonix) for life, but I dont agree with that. She takes the pill and continues smoking and eating anything... Even with that pill I still cannot eat anything and smoking is out of the question. Each person I guess has a different course of therapy about acid reflux and when benzos are involved it gets complicated.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bring

What exactly were your symptoms?  Did you have any bloating? 

Thanks for starting this.

Oh my goodness, I have so much bloating. and I have NEVER known how to burp...does this go away  :-\?

Hey! I'm brand new to this thread but definitely not new to the taper process. I'm sure this has been answered before, but have any of you dealt with your stomach becoming distended along with just feeling full or dealing with some nausea? I've had bad GI problems throughout this whole taper journey and I think I've had just about every wd symptom out there. I had another colonoscopy and upper endoscopy 6 months back, but I'm done with tests. Recently I started feeling really full and bloated along with some stomach distention and "upset stomach" even though I feel hungry. Doesn't make sense!!

Bless all of you!

Hey! I'm brand new to this thread but definitely not new to the taper process. I'm sure this has been answered before, but have any of you dealt with your stomach becoming distended along with just feeling full or dealing with some nausea? I've had bad GI problems throughout this whole taper journey and I think I've had just about every wd symptom out there. I had another colonoscopy and upper endoscopy 6 months back, but I'm done with tests. Recently I started feeling really full and bloated along with some stomach distention and "upset stomach" even though I feel hungry. Doesn't make sense!!

Bless all of you!

Yes! Nausea, bloating, feeling of empty stomach, hiperacidity, all of this symptoms on taper :(

I gave up gluten several months ago. This has helped much with the benzo belly. 

Yesterday I was out and had lunch at a hamburger stand. No salad option. I made the mistake of eating a bun with my burger. Gut pain this morning, bloating, gas and diarrhea. You may have to alter your diet, if you haven’t already. I can eat no bread, oj, sugar, caffeine- none of the good stuff.

Lil

Bless all of you!

Yes! Nausea, bloating, feeling of empty stomach, hiperacidity, all of this symptoms on taper :(

That stinks! All of these symptoms are new to me for the most part. Sure didn't need anymore!! Over 4 years with this taper and it's kicking my butt. You take care of yourself. Thanks for the feedback too.

See ya!

Bless all of you!

That stinks! All of these symptoms are new to me for the most part. Sure didn't need anymore!! Over 4 years with this taper and it's kicking my butt. You take care of yourself. Thanks for the feedback too.

See ya!

My biggest problems since I began tapering have been digestive related . Yes, it’s very frustrating, but you’ll “get used to it” argh.

Hang on!

My best vibes

Blossom

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I'm in pain I suddenly started with abdominal pain with anxiety yesterday night very bad dp/dr  and dizziness, also on my cycle and I thought I was going to pass out in the way to the pharmacy...didn't  feel like crap of course I don't sleep enough

I do have some stressors thou thinking of moving homes ...