Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

[07...]
Poor mum at her age bless. Mirtaz can sedate you. Have you tried her doctor. Shes on a lot of meds poor mum for 90. Its a worry giodbluck

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

• [no...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I want to ask a question about mirtazapine wd. I'm withdrawing from benzo's and mirtazapine and suffer from dehydration every night before or during sleep. It seems not many people suffer from this, not so specific during the night, so was wondering if its the mirtazapine wd causing this.

Also feeling very hot inside at night while my skin feels cold.

Poor mum at her age bless. Mirtaz can sedate you. Have you tried her doctor. Shes on a lot of meds poor mum for 90. Its a worry giodbluck

She did some very bad things, just trying to find out if being on lot meds plus high dose Mirtzapine could of affected her judgement. Lot of undue influence from my sister, think the meds made her an easy target as seems Mirtzapine can cause confusion in the elderly.

Hey

I dont really know if anyone here has experience with remeron ct, but after reading some of your posts I was wondering if I might acutally suffer from the mirtazapin ct I did almost 2 years ago and not even the benzo wd anymore. I was in a psychiatric clinic for depression and got changed there from escitalopram to mirtazapin and risperidon. I stopped with the risperidon pretty quickly as I didnt experience these racing thoughts anymore and they told me only to take it when I need it. I didnt have sleeping problems before they gave me the remeron and still slept fine while I was on the remeron. I was actually foggy and tired almost all day which was the reason I decided to stop it. I didnt really have any experience with getting rid of antidepressants or medication at that time and didnt really know how dangerous it can be as I never got warned by any doctor. I remember that I felt pretty restless once I ct the remeron and my sleep was pretty bad aswell. They clinic also released me temesta as "emergency" medication when I would feel particulary agitated, but failed to inform me how dangerous benzos actually are. So I took temesta for a bit and said I only take it until I "calm" down again. Fast forward I didnt calm down again it even got worse after I took them for 2 weeks and my new psychiatrist started me on seroquel which made everything worse and triggered a very bad swallow anxiety because it dried my mouth out so much. I had to go into a clinic again and got kicked out after 4 weeks of complete agitation on the terms that I was not trying enough with the therapy. I then started to read up alot about all the different meds they gave me (they tried 4 differents ads in 4 weeks and other antipsychotics and benzos to calm me down) I then realized that I was probaly in benzowithdrawal and reinstated temesta and crossed over to valium and did my taper and I am actually doing alot better now. I can sleep again but I still have the problems with restless legs and agitation which then changes into depression. These symtoms come and go and wary in intensity and ofc I started to think it might have sth to do with food as the symtoms for exemple could spike after I ate sth specific. On the other hand this could still be benzo wd and I just try to explain how I feel with the food I am eating to get some sense of control.  I tried to avoid histamin for the last 2 weeks and actually felt alot more stable but the last 2 days have been pretty bad again.

Any thoughts about this would be greatly appreciated

Lemlon

[07...]

Hi youve been theough a rough ride. Just to say i was diwn to 2mg diaz and my indides were burning so bad ABD yes i started reacting to food even a  resdy neal as theyee full of junk. I had to reinstate clon once a night . I alao atill on 15 minths mirtaz And zopiclone. I stikl deapite going back on clon get sexual urges aggressive in night legs thrashing and ao drugged up a .m. and emotionkess flat. Thought it was the duaz causing and it would go with clon but hasnt. Im prediabetic.

Sounds as if you are off benzos? So yes could be that. Have yku atipped the Mirtaz? How long were you on fir?

Hey ty for your reply

Im off benzos for a bit more than a year now and I ve seen alot of improvements. I had to reinstate seroquel during my taper because it was so bad. I recently (3 months) finished my taper of seroquel and have since then experienced alot of ups and down with my symtoms. I didnt taper the mirtazapin I think I was on 30 mg for 3 months.

[07...]

Hi you lucky to be off benzos weell done you.

Re mirtazapine....how long were you on.it? Ive been on 15mg 16 minths. My psych said just stop it!! I am unsure if that.

My doctor said take 7.5 alternate nights 3 weeks then 7.5 every night 2 weeks then stop  .i do know i.wont sleep days. Also on 0.5 clonazapam. Was last year switched to 4mg diaz. With diaz mirtaz and zopiclone so drugged.

I reduced diaz last november 1mg. Acid inside me worse.

I reduced again 2 weeks ago acid burnibg....or something...in my back all day and legs thrashing hypersexual which theyve all said diaz woukdnt cause but when i started it they started. At 71 i dont need it. I had days so weak lethargic feducing diaz.

So did you just stop mirtaz?

Yes I did just stop it. But dont think that was very clever. If I could do it again I would definetly taper. Yeah Im atleast done with the benzos. Still struggeling alot tho after a year. After I stopped the benzos I was still using seroquel as sleeping aid because I couldnt sleep without it. I would sleep 4-5 hours with it. After half a year of eating clean and going for consistent walks and sleep hygiene. I was able to sleep 7-8 hours and I would sometimes "feel tired) (yawning) before I took the seroquel. There I knew that my sleep would probably be okey even without seroquel but I still took if for another 3 months just because It helped me with my agitation and other stuff. It has to be noted that I didnt have sleeping problems prior too taking mirtazapin and the benzos.

I dont really know about the sexuality thing. Did you have these before you started to feel shit because of the medication? I know from myself that while I was in huge withdrawal I would also be very aggressive and angry all the time and I think the "aggressive sexuality" could be a coping strategy of your body to cope with all the stress/pain you are in. I atleast would feel that way while I was in acute. When I have a bad day I still have a strong urge for sexual pleasure and I dont think there is anything wrong with that tho as long as you dont bother/harm anyone with it.

[07...]
Yes get aggressive. No took due to bad insomnia. Gp psychs said diazepam would  not cause hyper urges but they did as aion as started. They drove me crazy and legs thrashing everywhere. There is something wrong with mybdigestion waiting tests for months. Now back on 0.5 clon zop mirtaz. Very delressed very flat dont want eat. Psych discharged me cos i argued with her re what peoole said about stooing mirtaz . I am pleased you sleep better. You are healing every day. I have given up hope at 72

Hi community. I have been away for a while whilst struggling depression. I am still struggling. I was wondering why this out of the blue depression appears with no apparent reason. I was searching like a crazy. The most suspicious one was Candida because there is still oral thrush on my tongue. I am already doing a low histamine diet you know, then i added anti candida diet. But i havent seen remarkable progress about depression. So then i thought whether it is because of any other reason. Yep, i forgot one more time, this f...g drug collapsed our histamine receptors and Histamine is one the most important agents in our body. So i kept digging and found that the guilty is heavy stress that i lived for some months. You know cryptocurrencies have been running a bullrun for some months. And somehow i involved in this crazy bullrun. Following lots of coins, youtubers and twitter counts and etc. Waking up with them and sleeping with them. Do i need money? Both yes and no. I have a good job to pay my bills. But the human wishes you know. Shortly, i decided to give up this interest. Because it is giving me a heavy stress. Stress is a big trigger for Mast Cells to degranulate. We are in WD. We should live calmly as possible. I am an unlucky person who lives mental problems in terms of histamine intolerance. If you could check in a HI page on facebook you ll see people complaining about stress, sun and even sex. Anyway, i could come to 7.2 mg and i ll pay attention to those concerns.

Corona limitations made us to keep home. So i felt interest to cryptos and made my brain wired about them. The result is this. Do you agree with me Jack? How are you dude? :)

I have been taking mirtazipine 7.5 mgs for 2 months now. It does help with sleep and some symptoms of benzo withdrawal. My doctor said I would have no trouble stopping this drug. Clearly from

this support group that is not the truth. She wants me to take 15 mg, but I don’t. I got the script for 15mgs daily and only take half a pill every evening. Is taking this drug a bad choice. I don’t plan on going any higher than 7.5 mgs. I’m scared to stop it now while I’m tapering the benzo. Should I continue to take it? Will my histamine be messed up if I take it for a year or so and try to stop it? Do some people take mirtazipine for life?  Why are the long term effects of this drug? These are just some of the questions I have about mirtazipine. Anyone can feel free to give their opinion on any of the questions.

Thanks. Anyone here UK tapered mirtaz by dry cutting or liquid. PLEASE

I have 1ml = 15mg mirtaz. I'm on 15mg tabs 16 months.

Gp says reduce by 0.5ml week. I think fast? Maybe every 2 weeks? So if so I fill my 1ml syring and push plunger down to 0.9 ml  mark that's reduction of 0.5ml and so on???

It just took me 10-months to taper off 7.5 mg of Mirtazapine so yes your plan seems fast.  My withdrawal symptoms were mild and I’m glad I went slow. 

@[Ba...]

Dont give up hope you are still on alot of different meds and stuggle with stabilizing atm. I dont really know if you have plans to taper or what your next steps look like and I dont know alot about creating taper plans or what would be the best in your situation but Im sure their are people with more experience that could suggest or talk about their experiences as I think you struggle with direction at the moment. There are alot of elder people here that were able to heal you can do to  :thumbsup:

All the best

Lemlon

[07...]

Thankyou. Psych switched me back from 2mg diaz to 0.5 clon.

Feeling worse all my digestive system worse than ever.

Im currently cutting quarter off zop. Loads of issues. Going nad as dont jnow anymore whats going on.waitingb2 tests. Thankyou.

• 2 weeks later...
[c7...]

I have a few questions I was wondering if someone could help me figure out.

I am currently on 7mg remeron.  I tapered from 15mg starting April 2020. Tapered to 7mg over 6 months and have been holding the past 6 months. I didn't jump from 15mg to 7mg. I tapred 10% a time and sometimes 1mg drop (psych ward).

I am getting ready to start tapering again. I want to be off in the next year - 1.5 years.

I am reading people are adding there pill to 30ml of solution and tapering ml every 10 days or whatever they chose.  How exactly does this work.

Also, for those that started tapering at 15mg or higher. What did you do when you got to 7.5mg?  Did you switch to 7.5mg pills of keep tapering?

I have had 2 manufacturer changes which turned out bad so i had to switch back to my original (apotex).

Aptoex doesn't make 7.5mg pills.  So to get 7mg I take 8ml of solution out of 15ml.

Please let me know what the best way to taper so it is smooth.

[08...]

I have a few questions I was wondering if someone could help me figure out.

I am currently on 7mg remeron.  I tapered from 15mg starting April 2020. Tapered to 7mg over 6 months and have been holding the past 6 months. I didn't jump from 15mg to 7mg. I tapred 10% a time and sometimes 1mg drop (psych ward).

I am getting ready to start tapering again. I want to be off in the next year - 1.5 years.

I am reading people are adding there pill to 30ml of solution and tapering ml every 10 days or whatever they chose.  How exactly does this work.

Also, for those that started tapering at 15mg or higher. What did you do when you got to 7.5mg?  Did you switch to 7.5mg pills of keep tapering?

I have had 2 manufacturer changes which turned out bad so i had to switch back to my original (apotex).

Aptoex doesn't make 7.5mg pills.  So to get 7mg I take 8ml of solution out of 15ml.

Please let me know what the best way to taper so it is smooth.

Jbreezy415, if you don't get a response to this question here, please post it on the taper support board.  We have good people who help with tapers there.

• 4 weeks later...
[c7...]

Where is everyone at in their tapers? I tapered from 15mg to 7mg over 7 months and have been holding at 7mg for about 8 months now.

I am ready to start tapering again because I am making no progress. I am 30 months off a benzo cold turkey too.

Was anyone else put on remeron AFTER coming off benzos?

[07...]

Jbreezy..how benzo were you on and was it eeal bad ct??? I also asking how  people tapered Remeron..called Mirtaz uk in on 15mg tablet but my gp has given me liquid 1ml= 15 mg. Im currently reducing z zopiclone fron 7.5 to 3 725 week now. Then ive been told next one shoukd be clonaz but the nietaz is making  ne fatter still. I have somethubg wrong with  y digestion.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have decided to come back as I have had plenty of time to calm down since the last time I posted. I am doing pretty good and I don’t feel like I need the forum for support at this point. However, I thought it would be helpful to others down the road to document the last part of my journey. I am now down to .18 mg and many jump from doses like this but I am taking this taper all the way down to .03 mg. Nonetheless I should be jumping by the end of this month if all goes well. I don’t have any major symptoms currently. I have been exercising pretty hard lately and having no issues. I got back into bmx bicycles which I was heavy into when I was younger. Now I am 40 so falling hurts a little more but I can’t believe how much fun I am having with it. I have been going to the skatepark with some friends and our sons and hitting ramps, half pipes and bowls and having a blast. My reflexes are very fast and it makes me feel like the worst is behind me. Also the cardio has finally brought my resting heart rate back down to where it was before this whole mess. I have a good feeling that this jump is going to go pretty smoothly but am of course a little nervous after hearing so many stories. I think the fact that I am doing so well at this super low dose is a good sign. Just a few more tiny cuts to go.

[c7...]

Hi Jack,

Glad to hear the taper is going well for you.  I am about to restart tapering.  What did you base your tapering schedule on? Or did you just cut as you felt?

Hi Jack,

Glad to hear the taper is going well for you.  I am about to restart tapering.  What did you base your tapering schedule on? Or did you just cut as you felt?

I based it on how I felt. I thought I would taper in a year. It is going to be two years mid August.

Hi all,

I have decided to come back as I have had plenty of time to calm down since the last time I posted. I am doing pretty good and I don’t feel like I need the forum for support at this point. However, I thought it would be helpful to others down the road to document the last part of my journey. I am now down to .18 mg and many jump from doses like this but I am taking this taper all the way down to .03 mg. Nonetheless I should be jumping by the end of this month if all goes well. I don’t have any major symptoms currently. I have been exercising pretty hard lately and having no issues. I got back into bmx bicycles which I was heavy into when I was younger. Now I am 40 so falling hurts a little more but I can’t believe how much fun I am having with it. I have been going to the skatepark with some friends and our sons and hitting ramps, half pipes and bowls and having a blast. My reflexes are very fast and it makes me feel like the worst is behind me. Also the cardio has finally brought my resting heart rate back down to where it was before this whole mess. I have a good feeling that this jump

Is going to go pretty smoothly but am of course a little nervous after hearing so many stories. I think the fact that I am doing so well at this super low dose is a good sign. Just a few more tiny cuts to go.

Thanks for coming back Jack37.

[c7...]

Hi Jack,

I based it on how I felt. I thought I would taper in a year. It is going to be two years mid August.

Thank you. I noticed you started making 25 percent cuts and higher when you got below 4mg. Did you notice much difference in symptoms doing this?