Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

Not posting here anymore. Seems im too complicated and a waste of time yet you all support each other. Seems im just a no go. Goodbye

Whatever you feel is right for you.

However, you may want to see another doctor for another opinion. Most PPI’s are a major drug interaction with Diazepam. Mirtazapine and Amtryptaline at the same time? That is insane. Each of them on their own are the strongest antihistamines on the planet. Taking them together? Both of these are on every database as major interactions and your doctor should have known this.

Also, try keeping your posts shorter and you may get more responses. I post some long informational posts as well but when I do I have no expectations of anyone reading them. If someone wants to they can and if not that’s cool too. If you have an urgent question then I would put that in a short and concise separate post. Also, keep in mind this is not that active of a thread. It is normal to wait a few days for a response here. Most of our situations are complicated so we have to try to simplify them for each other. Most of us are in at least a slightly disabled state and can become overwhelmed easier than the general population. Then of course when people are volunteering their help you want to make it less work for them to do so.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

• [no...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry for your suffering Basten. Don't really have any suggestion for you in this complex situation. Hope you will be ok. Jack, could histamine-intolerance be part of your problems? That would be very logical since Mirtazapine works as an antihistaminicum. Maybe taking a OTC anti-histaminicum will help you?

I am still hanging on taking the Mirtazapine. I will keep taking it untill I feel good enough to ween off. I am still not there though. I have many complications in my life right now that make this difficult.

Just another question. I think last tuesday I missed a dose. Couldn't sleep and so I took 7,5 mg. Might have taken too much, but might have missed half a dose. I didn't feel very well the next day and have been struggling a bit ever since. My question is, could this have been caused by the mixed dose? Does anyone have any insights?

It absolutely could be histamine related. Luckily the histamine diet and glutamate/glutamine diet are almost the same so it could be a win win. I feel a little lousy this morning. Like it’s tough getting out of bed. However, my BP was 115/83 which is great. My body temp was 97.5 this morning which is my normal temp. Yesterday while eating clean my fever popped up only a few short times and I felt much better at the end of the night. I had good energy all day. I also had no weirdness at bedtime which has not been the case for over a week. I am certainly not expecting a cure as only time will do that. I expect that in 6 months I will likely be able to eat mostly whatever I want within reason. I am merely trying to find some manageable way to get my symptoms low enough that I can get back to work.

Basten,

I am sorry you feel that you get no support, I feel the same way at times.  I wish I had some advice to offer you but I am here looking for advice as well.  I am having trouble just trying to help myself but I’m sure you will find some help just be patient for response.

It’s definitely too soon to call, however it appears that this diet has made a huge difference in my blood pressure almost immediately. Still getting this low grade fever. I think that is just going to have to run it’s course. My blood pressure on the other hand is 121/81 and 112/78! 112/78, lol I almost passed out when I saw it(not literally). I have not seen a BP number that low in a LONG time. I wonder if it’s the diet in general or just the fact that I have removed gluten. Or the fact that this diet has been high in potassium and low in salt, mainly because I have not added salt to anything I’ve cooked.

I’ve been eating only:

White rice/brown rice

Carrots/cauliflower/broccoli

Chicken dark and white meat

Sweet potatoes(orange so actually yams we call em by the wrong name here)

Rice cakes

Applesauce

That’s it for now.

[2e...]

Ok i write volumes which i get too much.

Gp doesnt check.. i write out of sheer frustration that someone may have similar sxs but noone ever does hence feel alone.

Jasmine i understand we all struggling i sorry.

The thing we have to remember to is that this is a peer support group. It’s like our ship just sank and no one has a life vest. Everyone is begging the next person save them but in a support group like this your peers are also people who are drowning. There’s no rescue team coming and there are no life boats here. It’s just a bunch of people drowning together. Every once in a while someone seems to be treading water a little differently and a little more effectively and then we all look over and say oh maybe I should try that. However, that person is still trying not to survive and it probably isn’t a great time to ask them for a swimming lesson. That’s how I view this forum. However, you are certainly not alone. We are splashing around all around you even if we can’t catch our breath to speak with you at any given moment.

Two weeks at 5.7mg and things seems to be settling for now.  I’m thinking maybe I should stay at that dose for another week before knocking a little more off.

Two weeks at 5.7mg and things seems to be settling for now.  I’m thinking maybe I should stay at that dose for another week before knocking a little more off.

I don’t think slower can ever really hurt with this drug. It does not seem to be like benzos where you have to race against tolerance. I went too fast quite a few times in my Remeron taper and caused myself what was in hindsight unnecessary suffering. I ended up having to hold for months anyway when it eventually hit the fan from going to fast and overall it did not make the taper any faster but instead just made it bumpier.

Jack, man how are you doing. I hope you are well. I have taken a remarkable way in tapering after starting Dao tablets. I dont know what would i do if i didnt use them. I am even eating old cheeses in small amounts. Now, i am at 3.9 with a very social life except depression. It is still hurtin me. Anyway i hope it will lift at some point. Going 0.4/max 2 weeks is a big pleasure after very long holds. I am thinking to go slower after these points. I think i ll write a book after that. Take care you and all buddies here...

Jack, man how are you doing. I hope you are well. I have taken a remarkable way in tapering after starting Dao tablets. I dont know what would i do if i didnt use them. I am even eating old cheeses in small amounts. Now, i am at 3.9 with a very social life except depression. It is still hurtin me. Anyway i hope it will lift at some point. Going 0.4/max 2 weeks is a big pleasure after very long holds. I am thinking to go slower after these points. I think i ll write a book after that. Take care you and all buddies here...

Hey June. I am doing okay. I am struggling with some stomach stuff which seems to be related to foods. Maybe I should try DAO. Do you take them with every meal or just when eating certain things? I am sleeping decent with melatonin. Still having some weird neurological symptoms although they seem to be calming down. I am getting burning skin which has also been getting less the past few days but have a persistent low grade fever. The fever is only there when I am active. When I am active I have no burning skin but I have a fever. When I am at rest the fever goes away and I get burning skin. I had these exact symptoms about 18 months ago when I tapered too fast. I can not tell if they are Remeron symptoms or if I triggered a benzo wave by completing my mirt taper plus I was eating WAY too much sugar. I am glad to hear you are doing somewhat better. I hope the depression lifts for you soon.

Hey June. I am doing okay. I am struggling with some stomach stuff which seems to be related to foods. Maybe I should try DAO. Do you take them with every meal or just when eating certain things? I am sleeping decent with melatonin. Still having some weird neurological symptoms although they seem to be calming down. I am getting burning skin which has also been getting less the past few days but have a persistent low grade fever. The fever is only there when I am active. When I am active I have no burning skin but I have a fever. When I am at rest the fever goes away and I get burning skin. I had these exact symptoms about 18 months ago when I tapered too fast. I can not tell if they are Remeron symptoms or if I triggered a benzo wave by completing my mirt taper plus I was eating WAY too much sugar. I am glad to hear you are doing somewhat better. I hope the depression lifts for you soon.

I had started to take it before histamine loaded or liberating foods. It worked very well. But then i realized i felt very bad if i didnt take them at all. So, i have started to take it before every meals. I dont know the mechanism how Remeron destroy our bodies' DAo levels

but it absolutely does. I am eating most banned foods now. Normally i am muslim and i mustnt eat a pork based product

but you know for the health restrictions are limited. lol. if you ask me the brand i found plant based Daos didnt work much. I am taking that before every meals, i am eating brunch and dinner and intermittent fasting between them. (https://www.parafarmacia-online.com/en/daofood-plus-60-capsules) . I order this one from Spain to Germany, a friend of mine brings it to me to Turkey when he or sibblings come here. There are some beef based products, but i cant risk it because the brand serve it with quercetin and Vit C. I throw away Vit C from the capsule because i had very very bad experiences with it last year you know. This is the news from my side. I hope you will get a relief soon. But as far as i know Dave still pays attention to his diet although there has been too much times after he got out of the woods. I think brain is learning to product DAO enzyme again after this demonic touch. Take care all budies here. Especially, You and Dave are so valuable for me because you helped me to stay on the boat at bad times. I suppose you wrote a success story here, didnt you?

Uggh. 3:15 am and still awake. I went to a birthday party and ate a whole lot of stuff and my Remeron withdrawal doesn’t like it I guess. I really gotta try that DAO supplement for days like this. I wonder if this is histamine related as I ate A LOT of cheese.

Hey jack, you and me both.  I was really tired last night, took 5.7 dose and fell asleep by 930.  Woke up at 10 and couldn’t get back to sleep, finally fell back asleep in my recliner about 4 but up since 430.  Hope it was just a blip and tonight will be better as I am incapable of sleep during the day.  Better days for both of us.

Hey jack, you and me both.  I was really tired last night, took 5.7 dose and fell asleep by 930.  Woke up at 10 and couldn’t get back to sleep, finally fell back asleep in my recliner about 4 but up since 430.  Hope it was just a blip and tonight will be better as I am incapable of sleep during the day.  Better days for both of us.

Lol, me too. I could never sleep when the sun is out. I worked nights once and will never again. I ended up falling asleep at around 4-4:30 am and then had to get up at 9:15 to go to my allergy testing. They’re calling me in right now actually.

What a day? I went into work today. School traffic is back. Ughhh. I commuted 96 minutes into Brooklyn. 96 minutes to go 34 miles. Then I get there and I’m 6 minutes late and there is a tractor trailer offloading in the entrance. Me being me I jump out and get in a screaming match with the driver and yes I have a thick New York accent so you can imagine me with the hands flying around and the yelling. I ended up having to leave my car in the middle of the street and run to the time clock to keep from getting docked. So it was a stressful start to my morning to say the least and I was not ready for that. I felt okay but I ate breakfast at 9 am and then I started to get weak and nauseas and cold sweaty. This peaked at about 1 pm and just destroyed me until I left at 4. Thankfully it did abate a lot right before my commute home. Then I had to drive an hour and a half to pick up my son from day care because my wife got stuck and work and then drive another half hour home. So I left at 6:30 am and got home at 6:30 pm. Then I had to make dinner and get him to bed. I was so physically ill with withdrawal today I have no idea how I got through the day. But I did! I feel decent right now, usually nights are a little better. Some symptoms are starting to abate but then new ones like this nausea pop up. My wife is going to visit out of town friends this weekend and I have to drive her to the airport tomorrow and then I’m solely responsible for my son for the weekend. I am definitely nervous about that in this condition but I know I’ll figure it out. I wonder if the screaming match this morning triggered the nausea or if it was the bagel with cream cheese. The last time I had nausea like that was also after a bagel with cream cheese so I think bagels might be out for the time being. Arguing over parking? Well, in Brooklyn I don’t think that one is optional,lol.

Day 48. I am doing really bad. I can’t do it much longer I don’t think. I keep saying just one more day. I know reinstating at this point can just make things worse. This is hell. This is almost as bad as the Xanax tolerance withdrawal that started this whole thing. No appetite, horrible nausea, trembly leg weakness, blood pressure is shooting up again, goddamn akistasia(It’s not too severe but I can’t believe that is back). I thought I was having a heart attack all last night. Maybe I did have one. I don’t even know anymore. I can’t even be bothered going to the ER anymore. I’m so done with all this shit. I’m in a really bad place right now. Am I still in Xanax withdrawal? Is this Remeron withdrawal? I don’t know which way is up right now. I really need some relief from this shit. It hasn’t been severe the whole time but this is too much. The symptoms started at 23 days so this is day 25 of being disabled and unable to go to work. I can’t believe I am going through this again. Thanks doc, really appreciate it. This was a huge help with the grief. We should do this to everyone who is grieving, it’s a great idea. It’s very effective. If you torture someone to the edge of hell then they don’t think about their grief at all. Awesome.

Day 48. I am doing really bad. I can’t do it much longer I don’t think. I keep saying just one more day. I know reinstating at this point can just make things worse. This is hell. This is almost as bad as the Xanax tolerance withdrawal that started this whole thing. No appetite, horrible nausea, trembly leg weakness, blood pressure is shooting up again, goddamn akistasia(It’s not too severe but I can’t believe that is back). I thought I was having a heart attack all last night. Maybe I did have one. I don’t even know anymore. I can’t even be bothered going to the ER anymore. I’m so done with all this shit. I’m in a really bad place right now. Am I still in Xanax withdrawal? Is this Remeron withdrawal? I don’t know which way is up right now. I really need some relief from this shit. It hasn’t been severe the whole time but this is too much. The symptoms started at 23 days so this is day 25 of being disabled and unable to go to work. I can’t believe I am going through this again. Thanks doc, really appreciate it. This was a huge help with the grief. We should do this to everyone who is grieving, it’s a great idea. It’s very effective. If you torture someone to the edge of hell then they don’t think about their grief at all. Awesome.

So sorry you are having to deal with this shit , I keep thinking that it's benzo wd creeping back for you. I don't think Dave had any issues when he jumped from the mirt and maybe that was because he was 100% healed from the benzos ? Did you ever feel like you do now when you cut the remeron in the past > akasithia ? Hang in there !

So sorry you are having to deal with this shit , I keep thinking that it's benzo wd creeping back for you. I don't think Dave had any issues when he jumped from the mirt and maybe that was because he was 100% healed from the benzos ? Did you ever feel like you do now when you cut the remeron in the past > akasithia ? Hang in there !

Yeah, I had this exact thing happen to me in the spring of 2020. I had the akistasia then too. I was worse than I am now. I had to hold my taper for a little over 3 months. I still was not 100 percent recovered when I resumed tapering but I was close enough. I was tapering too fast at the time. Back then I wondered the same thing in that I was not sure whether I hit a benzo wave or if it was the Remeron. Some people do have this when they come off of Remeron. Actually Dave is the only person who I have heard of stopping their taper with no symptoms afterwards. Nonetheless I am still unsure whether this is Xanax or Remeron. Either way it sucks and I’m sick of it.

My belief is Dave didn't suffer because he was 100% benzo healed and everyone else who has been on this thread was either not recovered or close too. I just did a cut to 12 mg from 13 mg and I had slight issues around day 3-4 and now at 14 days I feel stable. I trust my doctor when he tells me I am the only patient he has had that got off xanax after long term use and he said that he has had many people that got off of remeron after long term use with not much of a problem.

My belief is Dave didn't suffer because he was 100% benzo healed and everyone else who has been on this thread was either not recovered or close too. I just did a cut to 12 mg from 13 mg and I had slight issues around day 3-4 and now at 14 days I feel stable. I trust my doctor when he tells me I am the only patient he has had that got off xanax after long term use and he said that he has had many people that got off of remeron after long term use with not much of a problem.

Not sure. He told me that at the end that he had to reinstate a low dose and then taper again. I am trying to avoid that if I can. Maybe he can chime in and clarify if I am wrong. I agree that I may be doing better if I had waited a few more years. I would be more on the side of the mirt withdrawal causing a flare up or a wave more so than I believe that this was going on the whole time but just masked by the mirt. I was in acute Xanax withdrawal for 6 months while on mirt and it didn’t mask much except for stomach and sleep. My anxiety was through the roof for the first year on mirt. Either way, I’m gonna try to tough this thing out. I gotta give it at least until October 1st and then reevaluate.

Not sure. He told me that at the end that he had to reinstate a low dose and then taper again. I am trying to avoid that if I can. Maybe he can chime in and clarify if I am wrong. I agree that I may be doing better if I had waited a few more years. I would be more on the side of the mirt withdrawal causing a flare up or a wave more so than I believe that this was going on the whole time but just masked by the mirt. I was in acute Xanax withdrawal for 6 months while on mirt and it didn’t mask much except for stomach and sleep. My anxiety was through the roof for the first year on mirt. Either way, I’m gonna try to tough this thing out. I gotta give it at least until October 1st and then reevaluate.

Jack, sorry to hear the symptoms are laying into you. My two cents, this is Mirtazapine all the way. And in particular, the histamine aspect. I also gather from your locale that like me, you're getting into some fall allergy exposure now and perhaps even that late-season mold which is just going to complicate the sensitization.

So I'd been on Mirt for like 17 years before I went into benzo withdrawal. I hit tolerance and did a rapid taper off the benzos (xanax and ativan) and ditched Mirt at the same time. All hell broke loose. So when I'd gone into the hospital, the doctors insisted I needed to go on something, so I went back on the mirt.

I started tapering mirt (from 30mg) while I was still in fairly bad benzo withdrawal, but out of acute. I tapered fairly fast at first. When I got to around 15mg, that got much harder and I started learning about the 10% everything 30 day rule many utilize. So roughly early 2013 through June 2019 was the duration of my taper. I often held for much longer periods of time than 30 days if I needed to.

I tried to jump from around 1.5mg, had to reinstate. Tried from about .75mg, had to reinstate. I finally jumped from .05.

Another person who had to do similar was Pokey. He'd jumped, all hell broke loose, and then reinstated and tapered a bit more before getting off of it.

One thing I will say, I've been totally off Mirt for a little over 2 years now. When environmental histamine is bad and food intake is coupled with that, I still suffer. A lot less than I used to, but I do not live carefree.

Jack, totally understand and respect your decision to not want to reinstate. I don't know that I'd even reinstate at the same dose you jumped from, you could try a few ticks lower to see if it stabilized you. If you wanted to go that way. I've seen situations like this go in two directions. People muscle through and it's a climb back to stability, or they reinstate and taper again. You have to do what is best for you. I just hope whatever direction you go, you feel relief.

Hang in there man. Seriously. You're a strong force on this board, you are undoubtedly intelligent, let us know what you do and how it goes, just as you have been.

Jack, sorry for your suffering. Maybe try some supplements to get your serotonin up? Like tryptophan, some vitamins to process it better?

I hope you feel better soon. I tapered Mirta before and did that in 6 months, but this was way too soon and that's how I started using benzo's again. I hope you can hang tight and wake up feeling better soon! Hug.