Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

Help please  I dont know how I make a new post in this groulnso I'm just clicking reply.

I've been on Mirtaz 16 months. 15mg . Gp said cut every other day between full dose for 3 weeks then 7.5b2 weeks and stop. My other psych said....just stop!! I'm uk.

Managed to get GP to give me liquid 1ml =15mg.

Now please I DO NOT understand at all percentages as have

learning difficulties all life where maths are concerned.

Can someone please write out what ml inshould draw.firstbsay for 3 weeks. How many mls next drop. 3bweeks. How many mls next etc. I need it writtennspelt out or I'll end end cutting like gpnsaid. She didnt want to give.

I was on 0.5 clon 3 plus years she switched me to 4mg diaz. I cut later to 3. Also take Zopiclone 2 half years and I've just cut my diaz from 3 to 2 last 2 nights. I not well. Slept againn1st night last night awake legs arms head everywhere couldnt lie still ( has happened before on 3) and I get as said before hyper sexual urges which hate. Then fell asleep about 3. I never ever had restlessness etc when mirtaz CLONAZ and zop. Now even after food or biscuit in day my legs suddenly wont keep still again for about 5 mins. I am confused mixed up already suffering burning acid and recovering from broken hip and its not helping.

I been on benzo buddies long time. But still keep asking as I'm scared

This was the best help I could find and it motivated me to successfully taper.  Please subscribe to her channel and watch her videos in order according to weeks that she posted.  I believe she started with 1 ml equaling 15 mg of Mirtazapine too.  Please let me know if it helps you.  :thumbsup:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

• [no...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[6b...]

Hello I dont know how to ask on here  asked before and please dont tell me to use  spreadsheets or say you cut 5 or 10% and thankyou who gave me utube link but no help.

I uk  .I ask again. I have got a liquid bottle. 1ml = 15mg mirtaz which the same as my tablets 16 months now.

I have a 1ml = 15mg syringe  its says to take with some water. At the bottom my syringe says 0 then 0.1 0.2 0.3 etc up to 0.9 then 1ml at top by where you pull plunger. So if I want to reduce say 1mg I would fill syringe to top to 1ml = 15mg then push plunger down to the 0.9 mark so that's extracted 1mg, right, i want to say 3 weeks see how go. Then fill right up to 1ml and push plunger to 0.8ml 3 to 4 weeks.

Please dont say this is so and so percent as I do not understand maths percents mls at all. There must I hope be some who can explain how and if I right, ?

I am just cut 1mg diaz 6 nights ago from 3mg. I still take 7 .5 zopiclone !! I already suffer a lot if pain years in eating and am recovering from broken hip and in pain  .the reason I want off mirtaz is weight and awful constant cravings for sweet stuff cArbs which has made me prediabetic and high cholesterol. I dont know if it's the diaz or mirtaz that's made acid worse and leg slow to heal.

If you are able to patiently explain please try help me .I'm 72.

Basten,

If you have a liquid in which 1 ml = 15 mg (15mg/ml) and you have a syringe that measures 1 ml, then every 0.1ml will be equal to 1.5 mg. So, if you draw 0.9 ml into your syringe, it will contain 13.5 mg.

1 ml = 15 mg

0.9 ml = 13.5 mg

0.8 ml = 12 mg

0.7 ml = 10.5 mg

0.6 ml = 9 mg

0.5 ml = 7.5 mg

0.4 ml = 6 mg

0.3 ml = 4.5 mg

0.2 ml = 3 mg

0.1 ml = 1.5 mg

[6a...]
I have been taking remeron 1-4mg for sleep for about 6 weeks. I started to get anxiety in the night that I hadn't had before. Could this be from the remeron? I decided to taper a little - 2mg x 3 days, 1mg x 3 days, 0.5mg x 3 days. Not sure if this is even needed. However, the night anxiety is still there. Has anyone else had this with even low doses? It's not working for sleep anymore either.  :(

I have been taking remeron 1-4mg for sleep for about 6 weeks. I started to get anxiety in the night that I hadn't had before. Could this be from the remeron? I decided to taper a little - 2mg x 3 days, 1mg x 3 days, 0.5mg x 3 days. Not sure if this is even needed. However, the night anxiety is still there. Has anyone else had this with even low doses? It's not working for sleep anymore either.  :(

I did have that and I thought it felt like interdose withdrawal very similar to what I experienced when tapering benzos. I am not sure what the cause was and it went away on it's own before I ever even started to taper the Remeron. In hindsight I think it may have been a benzo wave and the miert just stopped covering me for anxiety at that point in the day. It would always go away after I took my dose of Remeron at night. I don't have this issue now that I am at a very low dose but it had also been 2 years and 4 months since I jumped off benzos so it could just be progress as far as that goes.

[6a...]
Jack37, thanks for sharing that! I haven't heard of anyone else saying it. It's happened all 3 times I've taken remeron for sleep, and I just kept thinking it couldn't be - dose too small, course too short, etc. Well, 3 strikes and it's out. I'd rather have insomnia without anxiety than anxiety in the night.

So, I have been thinking for a while that I really don’t like the atmosphere around here anymore. I come here to help but it feels like it is not worth my time anymore. It was a necessary evil 2 years ago but I just don’t need it anymore. Trolling is becoming rampant on the forum and the moderators seem to always take the side of the trolls. I was told my a moderator that I was the problem because I warned a fellow buddie that Remeron can cause histamine intolerance. Then I get attacked by a troll and the moderator says it’s my fault for not providing scientific documentation to back my claim. This moderator is above the law here so there is no solution to this problem. We come here because the medical and scientific community did not recognize or even believe what was happening and what had happened to me. This is supposed to be the place where we have our experience validated, not invalidated. I reported the situation and the response was that unless I could provide scientific evidence that Remeron causes histamine issues then I should not post it. So there you have it. I have no other social media accounts because I hate social media. I never venture out into the main forum. I only did because it was specific to Remeron. I can see why everyone leaves once they are healed. The moderators allow toxic people to have free reign. Why would anyone who is on the other side of this thing stay and put up with that? I want to help but at what cost? We are already volunteering our time? I just can’t get over this. We gave an entire 290 page thread of people suffering histamine issues but I should not let anyone know unless I can find it in a scientific journal somewhere? Seriously? This is benzobuddies stance? Here, of all placed to have my suffering invalidated. What the hell am I here for? I’m really not sure if I’ll be back guys. If not, I wish you all the best.

Jack, hey man.

Not entirely sure what went down there, but just want to say I feel you have a really good understanding of the types of problems we suffer after use of the Mirtazapine. I think many of us would attest to some of the benefits of Mirtazapine when acute Benzo withdrawal is dealing on us, but I also would say this thread in-and-of-itself serves as - at the very least - sustained and corroborated anecdotal evidence that Mirtazapine leaves some former users histamine-impaired due to the drug's affinity for the H receptor sites.

Anyway, I think it'd be a loss for the forum if you split, but totally understand why you feel like you do.

Hang in there man, and many thanks for your contributions.

Dave

So, I have been thinking for a while that I really don’t like the atmosphere around here anymore. I come here to help but it feels like it is not worth my time anymore. It was a necessary evil 2 years ago but I just don’t need it anymore. Trolling is becoming rampant on the forum and the moderators seem to always take the side of the trolls. I was told my a moderator that I was the problem because I warned a fellow buddie that Remeron can cause histamine intolerance. Then I get attacked by a troll and the moderator says it’s my fault for not providing scientific documentation to back my claim. This moderator is above the law here so there is no solution to this problem. We come here because the medical and scientific community did not recognize or even believe what was happening and what had happened to me. This is supposed to be the place where we have our experience validated, not invalidated. I reported the situation and the response was that unless I could provide scientific evidence that Remeron causes histamine issues then I should not post it. So there you have it. I have no other social media accounts because I hate social media. I never venture out into the main forum. I only did because it was specific to Remeron. I can see why everyone leaves once they are healed. The moderators allow toxic people to have free reign. Why would anyone who is on the other side of this thing stay and put up with that? I want to help but at what cost? We are already volunteering our time? I just can’t get over this. We gave an entire 290 page thread of people suffering histamine issues but I should not let anyone know unless I can find it in a scientific journal somewhere? Seriously? This is benzobuddies stance? Here, of all placed to have my suffering invalidated. What the hell am I here for? I’m really not sure if I’ll be back guys. If not, I wish you all the best.

Jack this is terrible and I want u to know there’s many of us that rely on people like you, without u older members here to help us what a grim place it would be, we need hope and to constantly see members leave because of this reason is very upsetting.

I’ve been watching this thread because I’ve considered trying mirt again, but because of what u all are going thru here I have not filled the prescription.

I hope whatever u decide u will be happy and go on to full healing.

Thanku jack

Jack, you've been really helpful to a lot of us here including me. I hope you stay, but if you move on I understand.

Becky

Jack, I feel very upset that you are leaving. I agree with the others, you have helped many on this forum and we need you. Your knowledge and compassion means more then you will ever know. Thank you so much for being here. This just saddens me. I’ve been on this forum since 2012 and have seen many come and go after healing. Perfectly understandable but still so hard for those that are still suffering and need stable advice. I hope you will reconsider if for nothing else maybe just for the Mirtezapine support group however, I do understand. Coming off these medications has been one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. Take care, Jack. For whatever you decide to do just know that many appreciated you on this forum.

Jackie :smitten: :smitten:

[6b...]

I have just got UK liquid 1ml ÷ 15mg mirtaz.

My GP written 1ml then reduced by 0.5ml every week. Maths I cant do...just cant. So I have bought a 1mk syringe. Starts at 0 then 0.1  0.2  0.3 up to 1ml. So if ibrefufed by 0.5 ml as GP says I draw up 1ml then push plunger down to 0.9ml?? Yes?? Then next week draw 1ml and oushnolunger to 0.8 ml?

Is this right or too quick? Someone said no more than 0.1ml per month??,

Other than that dry cut pills she said I.e. 7.5 alternate nights 3 weeks then 7.5 every night 2 weeks then stop.

I've been on 16 months.

I am very poorly at present.in excruciating pain on eating waiting tests.

Please please dont say no more than 5 or 10% as I DO NOT understand never have since childhood.

I am also reducing diaz 9 days ago by 1mg. 2ng to go

This forum had always been my go to for advice and I’m sad to see that your advice/support has not appreciated.  I’m also on Facebook groups but always come back to BenzoBuddies even though I’ve been off of klonopin since 2018.  Mirtazapine has actually been harder for me to taper.  I’ve gone too fast and reading this thread has given me solace.  I hope that you decide to stick around.  If not, I wish you healing and happiness!

[6b...]

I sincerely posted a question for help re liquid tapering.

I thought I could find help but not one person has tried to help explain.

I will try one last time .I have NO IDEA about percentages .

I am on 15mg mirt tablets 16 months. Its has made me prediabtic high cholesterol from over eating.

So she said take 7.5 one night 15 next 7.5 next etc for 3 weeks then 7.5 2 weeks every night then stop. FIRSTLY is that bad?

SECIND she agreed to give me liquid 1ml = 15mg . I have a 1ml syringe. Shes written 1ml, then reduced by 0.5ml a week. So I ask now do I draw up to 1ml then push plunger down to 0.9 ml one week then down to 0.8 next week etc??? I've read you should only reduced by 0.5 ml per 3 to 4 weeks??

For those of you that have done it healed please spare time to help if you can those that still suffer unless it is too painful for you. Or PLEASE CAN ANYONE tell me how they doing and answer my questions.

There must be someone kind and please dont mention percents...I cannot understand anything mathematical.

I feel stuck

Basten, I can answer part of your question.

So she said take 7.5 one night 15 next 7.5 next etc for 3 weeks then 7.5 2 weeks every night then stop. FIRSTLY is that bad?

Yes, that is not a good way to taper. It is way, way too fast after 13 months on Mirtazapine. The alternating of doses is not a recommended method. The recommended is a slow, steady taper. While not guaranteed, if you taper as directed, you are going to experience withdrawal symptoms.

As for your second question, hopefully someone else can answer. I don't have any experience with 1ml = 15mg. Mine was 1ml = 1mg. And I think probably some people are a little freaked out to answer you because if you are incapable of any math at all, you are basically going to need someone else to do the math for you.

I would consider a slower taper than your doctor's recommendation. And I hope someone else can help you with percents.

Good luck and hang in there.

Dave

[6b...]

Ok docs way not good

Yes uk here 1ml liquid is equal to 15mg mirtaz.

Someone said taper 0.5ml every 4 weeks. So I guess with I 1ml syringe I draw up to top 1ml then I push plunger down to below which is o.9ml hold month. Then if ok push plubgerbdown to 0.8ml . If 1ml of syringe is 15mg then 0.9 on syringe for month seems like reducing 0.5 ml each month.

Is there anyone UK here that's got this???

Thanks but seems noone can say if this is right not reduced every week but every month.

Anyone here UK,?,

[6b...]

Thankyou. So reducing mirtaz 15mg tab by 7.5 alternate nights 3 weeks then 7 5 2 weeks then stop people say way too fast after 16 months.

I've asked too already but noine in uk seem on here to know

My doc has given me liquid mirtaz. 15mg = 1ml. She says take 1ml then reduce by 0.5 ml each week. Is that fast??

I have a 1ml syringe. If I reduce by 0.5mk I fill up syringe to 1ml then push plunger down to 0.9ml Mark just below so that's 0.5ml reduced but do for 3 weeks?

I cant find anyone here UK or similar liquid 1ml = 15mg

I'd rather do dry cuts

I wish someone could help I'm stuck

[6b...]

Thanks. Anyone here UK tapered mirtaz by dry cutting or liquid. PLEASE

I have 1ml = 15mg mirtaz. I'm on 15mg tabs 16 months.

Gp says reduce by 0.5ml week. I think fast? Maybe every 2 weeks? So if so I fill my 1ml syring and push plunger down to 0.9 ml  mark that's reduction of 0.5ml and so on???

Basten, your doctor is advising you to taper too fast. And I would not alternate different doses on different days.

This is only my advice, but this is what I would do in your situation. It is ultimately your decision.

I would make the reduction you noted (from 1 to 0.9ml, and so on) every 4 weeks.

Just my advice, but it is also the way I did it and I was able to taper well.

Anybody else, feel free to chime in.

Hang in there,

Dave

[6b...]
Ok Dave got you so I'm right fill my syringe to 1ml which is equiv of 15 mirtaz. Push plunger down to  0.9 but stay that way 3 to 4 weeks then if feel ok push down to 0.8ml hold again..thankyiy

Ok Dave got you so I'm right fill my syringe to 1ml which is equiv of 15 mirtaz. Push plunger down to  0.9 but stay that way 3 to 4 weeks then if feel ok push down to 0.8ml hold again..thankyiy

Basten,

You've got it. That is exactly what I would do - and what I did. If you hit that 3 or 4 week mark and are not feeling well, hold at the dose until you feel better. But don't cut any quicker than 3-4 weeks.

But yes, you now know what to do.

Please let us know how it goes for you.

Hang in there,

Dave

Hi I'm hoping to get some help as you've all been on Mirtzapine. Trying to prove my Mum was not totally thinking straight when my evil sister persuaded her to change her will and leave her everything. She was in her 90's and had been on about 10 meds including 30mg mirtazapine. Def noticed change in recent years since being on it, she seemed get confused easily, struggled to make decisions, often would almost zone out, couldn't follow lot of tv anymore, have read it can have adverse effect in elderly . Has anyone experienced any of these symptoms?