Driving in the Left Lane- pianogirl's Story of Healing and Hope for all of You!

[pi...]

"I have no scars from benzos or withdrawal. Everything I felt, experienced, suffered, went away and left no scars behind."

so wonderful pianogirl. thank you so much

You are very welcome teegirl!

PG  :smitten:

hi pianogirl, does this mean you are able to drink caffeine, alcohol, eat sugar, take antibiotics without any issues?

Hi teegirl,

I've been really busy so my time on the forum has been limited, I'm sorry I'm late getting to this reply.

Yes, I do drink caffeinated drinks.  I love my morning coffee or latte! I'm not a huge coffee drinker, just one cup per day and perhaps and iced latte in the afternoon in the summer or a mocha in the winter. I also drink iced tea with no problems.

I'm 66 and not a huge drinker of alcoholic beverages.  I do like a nice glass of wine, but one is really my limit.  On holiday I might have a Pina Colada or some type of festive beverage.  I don't have any negative effects at all.

Sugar!!! Well, although I cleaned up my diet a lot during withdrawal and recovery I never eliminated any foods or sweets. Luckily I don't have digestive issues and I do believe in a diet of moderation.  I eat pretty healthy though overall even though I think chocolate is my favorite food group.

I'm allergic to several antibiotics but I haven't had difficulties with the ones I can take.

Time is the great healer, I believe that the nervous system will find it's way back to good balance. It's not easy for such a fragile system, but it will.

this is wonderful to hear pianogirl! i am so glad you are able to live free! thank you so much

• 1 month later...

I am having an 'I need to read some success stories day'. It has been a very long time since I needed to do this and I am grateful they are here.

Thanks for sharing your success story PG and for all your do as an Admin. I greatly admire all the Admins who tirelessly take care of our buddies.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

God bless you Hun,

Beth

I am having an 'I need to read some success stories day'. It has been a very long time since I needed to do this and I am grateful they are here.

Thanks for sharing your success story PG and for all your do as an Admin. I greatly admire all the Admins who tirelessly take care of our buddies.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

God bless you Hun,

Beth

Dear Beth,

I'm sorry you are having one of "those" days.  Sadly they do happen.  The good thing is that you can read the Success Stories, I know I did so many times when times were rough and tough.  What reading these stories did for me is reaffirm my belief in my healing. I hope it does the same for you.

It'll get better dear Beth! 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much Pianogirl for continuing on as admin here on BB.  You do such a fine job of it that I hope you can keep it up for a long time yet.  Bless you big time.

:smitten:

Thank you so much Pianogirl for continuing on as admin here on BB.  You do such a fine job of it that I hope you can keep it up for a long time yet.  Bless you big time.

:smitten:

Hi ya Whoopsie!!!

It's good to hear from you and thanks so much for the kind words.  I will help as long as I can. There are days I'm so busy with "life" that I run on and off the forum like a whirlwind. Still, this is very important to me, this mission, this place that is sadly so needed. 

I hope you are doing well and thanks for dropping by!

PG  :smitten: :smitten:

• 9 months later...

I almost forgot!!! I almost forgot that this day, June 11, is the anniversary of my jump off from benzos!!!  The reason that I almost forgot is that when I'm not on the forum trying to help others through this challenging process, withdrawal is the last thing on my mind.

It takes time to heal, sadly much longer than we would wish. I was certain I would be well in 3 months. Well, that dragged on through months of months of symptoms.  Finally I started having glimpses of wellness.  At 17 months I felt I could write this Success Story. 

What I can tell you is that you will get through this, you can do it!! Believe in your healing and your body's ability to recover.  Take charge of your health and speak up. Know yourself deep down inside, know that you can be the person you want to be, the person you were before. Of course we all change, that is inevitable.  For myself, the change was for the better. 

I'm here because I believe in our mission, our cause. You are all strong people here for a purpose. You should pat yourself on the back every day for persevering and getting through the day.  It's by getting through each day that you will find your way to wellness.

PG    7 years free today!!!  :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you so much Pianogirl this gives me so much hope. I was a little down because today is my birthday and I got 3 new symptoms. YAY!! ::)

Thank you so much Pianogirl this gives me so much hope. I was a little down because today is my birthday and I got 3 new symptoms. YAY!! ::)

:happybday:  Happy Birthday to You!!!!

Not the gift you were hoping for I'm sure but there will be so many future birthdays that will be wonderful and healthy.  Stay the course, you'll get there.

I join you in celebrating your life off benzos. 7 years!!! How time flies when you are living life well, serving, growing, finding joy and blessings in all things (including pain). You are an inspiration, and a true comrade through this healing walk of faith.

I often think of posting my success story, and helping others get through the mire of suffering. I have had many wonderful windows, and experienced healing, but I am not there yet by a long stretch. Sleep (insomnia) is my biggest sx right now, and it keeps me from reaching the finish line because every day I haven't slept well (and I am in an every other night pattern), I have terrible anxiety, health fear, intrusive thoughts, plus I cannot get my weight to budge back up to where I was.

The good days, when I sleep 7-9 hours effortlessly, I am confident, joyful and energetic. Your tendency to  self predict when you would heal (3-6 months for sure!..right..) is exactly how I have been. I am so happy on my good days, then become so distraught on the bad ones. Such is this journey.

We leave this week for our yearly beach vacation, and I am thankful that I can go! I know I will have some iffy nights, but I can still allow the beauty of the ocean to reassure me that life goes on through the good and bad times.

Tigereye

Thank you Pianogirl for your post. A reminder for me that in time I will heal. I just finished my taper a couple days ago and look forward to getting back to normal. When I am in a window, I feel confident, unafraid, like I can conquer anything. When I am in a wave, I am the complete opposite.

Congratulations on your anniversary and thank you so much for the work you and the other mods do here. I could never have gotten thru a taper without this forum and the tremendous support from everyone.

I join you in celebrating your life off benzos. 7 years!!! How time flies when you are living life well, serving, growing, finding joy and blessings in all things (including pain). You are an inspiration, and a true comrade through this healing walk of faith.

I often think of posting my success story, and helping others get through the mire of suffering. I have had many wonderful windows, and experienced healing, but I am not there yet by a long stretch. Sleep (insomnia) is my biggest sx right now, and it keeps me from reaching the finish line because every day I haven't slept well (and I am in an every other night pattern), I have terrible anxiety, health fear, intrusive thoughts, plus I cannot get my weight to budge back up to where I was.

The good days, when I sleep 7-9 hours effortlessly, I am confident, joyful and energetic. Your tendency to  self predict when you would heal (3-6 months for sure!..right..) is exactly how I have been. I am so happy on my good days, then become so distraught on the bad ones. Such is this journey.

We leave this week for our yearly beach vacation, and I am thankful that I can go! I know I will have some iffy nights, but I can still allow the beauty of the ocean to reassure me that life goes on through the good and bad times.

Tigereye

Thank you so much for your kind words!

We all have our own benzo demons, mine was more pain oriented, both nerve and muscle.  I do know that sleep problems are a common withdrawal issue. Sleep is a great elixir and when it's good, we feel good. With time your sleep patterns will regulate. Benzos do such a great job of disrupting normal sleep patterns that it takes a while to reset.

Wow, I love beaches! Enjoy your vacation and let the ocean bring calm and peace to you.

You are the best PG.  Congrats on 7 years! Thank you so much for your continued support.  SoulMan

Thanks SoulMan, you are very kind!

You'll get to the finish line too, just keep your eye on the prize!!!  Wellness...

Thank you Pianogirl for your post. A reminder for me that in time I will heal. I just finished my taper a couple days ago and look forward to getting back to normal. When I am in a window, I feel confident, unafraid, like I can conquer anything. When I am in a wave, I am the complete opposite.

Congratulations on your anniversary and thank you so much for the work you and the other mods do here. I could never have gotten thru a taper without this forum and the tremendous support from everyone.

Congratulations on being benzo free!  This is a great accomplishment.  Healing will continue, the fact you are having windows is great, it's a preview of your future health and happiness.

Congratulations PG!  7 years off! graphics-congratulations-014694.gif  Thank you for sticking around to help and support others.  You are such a genuine and caring person, we are so lucky to have you here.  I was 8 years benzofree  April 4th,  I forgot as well, I was so busy doing other things.

Lots of Love

Mags  :smitten:

Congratulations PG!  7 years off! graphics-congratulations-014694.gif  Thank you for sticking around to help and support others.  You are such a genuine and caring person, we are so lucky to have you here.  I was 8 years benzofree  April 4th,  I forgot as well, I was so busy doing other things.

Lots of Love

Congratulations to you too Magrita.............. AND Thank you so, so ,so much for the work you do here. What a difference you have made in so many lives.  :)

Lots of Love

Congratulations to you too Magrita.............. AND Thank you so, so ,so much for the work you do here. What a difference you have made in so many lives.  :)

Aww Thank you Serenitee for your wonderful kind words.. means such a lot to us!

Magrita :smitten:

[move][glow=blue,2,300]Congratulations, Pianogirl![/glow]

[/move]

[glow=blue,2,300]And thank you for all you do![/glow]  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Lots of Love

Thanks so much dear Mags!!!  You need to have a belated anniversary celebration too!

Congratulations to you on being 8 years off and for being busy living life.

Love,

PG  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

[move][glow=blue,2,300]Congratulations, Pianogirl![/glow]

[/move]

[glow=blue,2,300]And thank you for all you do![/glow]  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you so much Gard!!!

PG  :smitten: :smitten:

Dearest Pianogirl,

This is COMPLETELY, UTTERLY, 100% crazy, but I somehow oddly felt compelled to log on tonight (it has been many, many, many months since I have been on this site....I can't even remember the last time.... almost forgot my password!) BUT strangely now I know why I was drawn here.... TODAY is your 7 year anniversary...and so I want to CONGRATULATE you and I want you to know that I am (and always will be) so very grateful for your support and kindness wayyyyy back in those days of deep, dark, hopeless withdrawal.  Truly, you were a HUGE reason that I was able to believe that I could somehow heal and that I wasn't truly alone. You were a soulmate from afar, and a musical one at that!  I am forever grateful and blessed by your kindness. Know that I think of you often and keep you in my heart.  I have missed you and will be in touch!

Love and hugs from Sophia

Dearest Pianogirl,

This is COMPLETELY, UTTERLY, 100% crazy, but I somehow oddly felt compelled to log on tonight (it has been many, many, many months since I have been on this site....I can't even remember the last time.... almost forgot my password!) BUT strangely now I know why I was drawn here.... TODAY is your 7 year anniversary...and so I want to CONGRATULATE you and I want you to know that I am (and always will be) so very grateful for your support and kindness wayyyyy back in those days of deep, dark, hopeless withdrawal.  Truly, you were a HUGE reason that I was able to believe that I could somehow heal and that I wasn't truly alone. You were a soulmate from afar, and a musical one at that!  I am forever grateful and blessed by your kindness. Know that I think of you often and keep you in my heart.  I have missed you and will be in touch!

Love and hugs from Sophia

Hello and thank you to my soulmate!!!! I'm so happy you decided to stop by today and thank you for being such a great friend. Even though miles of cyberspace are between us, there were bonds that brought us closer together.

You are so very kind to write these words, my heart feels so full and happy knowing that you are past the dark days of withdrawal as well.  I've missed you too, we'll keep in touch for sure.

Love and hugs back,

• 11 months later...

No trumpets, no fireworks, no brass bands or balloons, just another year of wellness. A quiet (well, as quiet as it is around here with little fingers on the piano keys) day of gratitude for being off benzos and being well.

[move]PG is 8 years off benzos today!!![/move]

Number_8_Birthday_Cake_2_2000x.jpg?v=1541955217:thumbsup::D  :smitten:

Oh my gosh Gard!!! This looks delicious and if I could really eat it, I would.....eat.....the .....whole ......cake!!

Many thanks!  :smitten: