Driving in the Left Lane- pianogirl's Story of Healing and Hope for all of You!

[pi...]

And most of those five years were spent helping others on this forum, even long after you yourself were healed.

You are truly a special gal!

:highfive:

Congratulations Pianogirl :hug:  5 years!!  what an achievement!!  Now if we can Just get that shoulder fixed it will be perfect :thumbsup:

Thank you for everything that you have done, and still continue to do here when you can.  Thank you for all the help and support you continue to give others, I feel privileged to have virtually known you.

You are truly a special person with a huge heart of gold, love ya girl!

Mags  http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa351/margarita1959/raining-hearts.gif

Love ya back Mags!!! You do the same thing, you are here continuing to support our members with your giant heart!  :smitten:

And most of those five years were spent helping others on this forum, even long after you yourself were healed.

You are truly a special gal!

:highfive:

Thanks Chal, a high 5 back to you as well!  :smitten:

• 6 months later...

http://www.dazzlejunction.com/graphics-holiday/happy-new-year/gold-happy-new-year-2017.gif

Happy New Year to everyone here on the forum, to those I've known for years and those who are new to BB.  I would like nothing more than to see our Introductions Board disappear, disappear because no one was needing this kind of support.  Disappear because benzo withdrawal is a thing of the past.  Until that day, we'll be here to give the kind of support that has helped so many through the years.

Just remember one thing:  You  Can  Do  This!!!!

I remember my New Year's while tapering and my first New Year's off.  I had the same thoughts many of you have, will I ever be well again? Will I ever enjoy life and participate fully without fear.  I had to wait for the answer to these questions, but I am so glad I did wait. Yes, I am well! Yes, I am a full participant in life.

I don't make "resolutions" at New Year's. Instead, I make "affirmations". I'll share two of those with you.  One affirmation is to continue to offer support, guidance, kindness and encouragement to those going through what can be the most difficult process in their lives. I owe this to BB and to those here. I am healed because of BB and the people who held my hand and helped me through the process.

The other affirmation I will share with you is that I will allow myself to feel.  To feel love, happiness, sadness, anger, astonishment, frustration....etc.  The list goes on and on. These emotions are part of being human.  Benzos take these away and replace them with false emotions.  No matter what the emotion is, I will embrace it and deal with it in a healthy way.

Take care my dear BB's. There is a rainbow after the storm and the pot of gold is the healing that will happen.

PG  :smitten: :smitten:

Congratulations on your recovery pianogirl and thank-you for sharing your story-it gives me hope.  In your recovery story, you said you had GI issues during withdrawal and had your gallbladder removed previously.  I had my gallbladder out 10 years ago and have problems from it.  I believe withdrawal may be making my GI problems worse at 3 months off klonopin.  If you don't mind me asking, what kind of GI issues did you have during withdrawal and when did they get better for you?

Thank-you and hope we all have a happy and healthy new year.

Congratulations on your recovery pianogirl and thank-you for sharing your story-it gives me hope.  In your recovery story, you said you had GI issues during withdrawal and had your gallbladder removed previously.  I had my gallbladder out 10 years ago and have problems from it.  I believe withdrawal may be making my GI problems worse at 3 months off klonopin.  If you don't mind me asking, what kind of GI issues did you have during withdrawal and when did they get better for you?

Thank-you and hope we all have a happy and healthy new year.

Hello BurnedOut,

My GI issues started during tolerance. I can't honestly say if my gall bladder was involved, or lack thereof. I had some seriously strong burning in my stomach.  It sent me to the ER one time and a CT scan showed a possible blockage of the common bile duct.  I had to have an upper endoscopy which ruled out anything serious except for some stomach irritation.

At the time I was being treated for candida, which I don't believe I had but no one recognized tolerance as my issue.  Once I changed back to a normal diet and stopped the antifungal, my stomach was much better.

During tapering I had a lot of nausea. Again, I can't point to a cause. It continued during my early jump off period.  I found that ginger tea really helped. I liked brewing my own by grating fresh ginger and simmering it. After I strained it, I had enough for the entire day.

3 months is really early off benzos.  I had so many symptoms at that point, I think my acute phase lasted almost that long.  My GI issues resolved at around 6 months off except for benzo bloating which stuck around much longer then I wished for.

Sending the same healing wishes back to you.

PG  :smitten:

Thank-you very much for the post piano girl-it's simply unbelievable what we go through on our way to recovery.  You gave me some much needed peace of mind and I am grateful.  Think I will try brewing some ginger root too.  Thank-you again  :smitten:

Read this a couple times,as I guess with out a doubt your words have given me comfort.I thank you so much for sharing your story.Nice to know that even after Ct you have come out to the good side of things.I am so Happy for you Pianogirl.wendy

Read this a couple times,as I guess with out a doubt your words have given me comfort.I thank you so much for sharing your story.Nice to know that even after Ct you have come out to the good side of things.I am so Happy for you Pianogirl.wendy

So many people comforted me when times were tough so I'm happy to give back to others now.  Thanks for the kind words.

• 5 months later...

So I forgot!  ::)

My jump off anniversary was June 11 and it was my 6 year anniversary of being benzo free!  :yippee:

What I can say is that even though I'm still on the forum, my own withdrawal and recovery has long since taken a back seat, a very back seat to everything else in my life.  My presence here and why I am still around is that I still feel there is a very pressing need for this forum and the comfort, support and validation it provides for those going through a challenging withdrawal.

I do remember withdrawal in all it's glory and I remember feeling just how many of you feel.  I was angry, mad at myself and mad at my doctors for the misdiagnosis, mad at my symptoms and mad because I lost so much during this time period. I got over much of my anger by reading about forgiveness, mainly to forgive myself for taking a drug without knowing anything about it. 

I felt like I was a victim, but early on in my recovery I decided I would not fall victim to the benzo lies. I would accept the process, find multiple ways to distract from the symptoms and allow my body and my mind to heal.

What I can tell you is that everything I did you can do. You can practice distraction, you can accept the process and be patient, you can believe in your healing!  It's so worth it!!!

Life is good. I'm 66 with a very bad shoulder after three surgeries, the first one failed.  I have a lot of scar tissue that creates compression on nerves. I have a wonderful PT that specializes in this and there has been progress but my shoulder will never be perfect.  I will bear these scars forever. But..... I have no scars from benzos or withdrawal. Everything I felt, experienced, suffered, went away and left no scars behind. 

A life being benzo free and well is something to wait for, to believe in.

That was great PG.  What a great service you are doing to stay here and support us in our trials of the withdrawal and recovery process.  Can't thank you enough for the support you have given me.  SoulMan

I am confused about using this forum,but I will catch on,my head is spinning being I just started getting off Klonopin,your stories give me hope.thanks to work ever is reading this.

"I have no scars from benzos or withdrawal. Everything I felt, experienced, suffered, went away and left no scars behind."

so wonderful pianogirl. thank you so much

That was great PG.  What a great service you are doing to stay here and support us in our trials of the withdrawal and recovery process.  Can't thank you enough for the support you have given me.  SoulMan

Thanks for the kind words SoulMan! Yes, there are trials but with time things will ease up and you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel!

I am confused about using this forum,but I will catch on,my head is spinning being I just started getting off Klonopin,your stories give me hope.thanks to work ever is reading this.

Yes, keep reading Success Stories. They were my life saver during the roughest periods. Knowing that others walked this path and came out the other side well and recovered really helped me.

"I have no scars from benzos or withdrawal. Everything I felt, experienced, suffered, went away and left no scars behind."

You are very welcome teegirl!

My back is really stiff and behind my shoulder blades feel like I pulled muscles,is this part of the withdrawal?

My back is really stiff and behind my shoulder blades feel like I pulled muscles,is this part of the withdrawal?

Yes, it can be. I always suggest that people get a good check up as well just to rule out underlying causes for some issues. I actually saw my doctor a lot and had testing done.

One thing to remember is that benzos are very efficient muscle relaxers. When you reduce the dose or eliminate the medication the muscles have to learn how to relax naturally, without chemical assistance. They will, but it can take time. You might try some gentle stretching. I did this and found it was somewhat helpful. Also, I used ice and heat, whichever felt best at the time.

Muscle and nerve pain were two of my strongest and longest lasting symptoms, but they did eventually go away.

hi pianogirl, does this mean you are able to drink caffeine, alcohol, eat sugar, take antibiotics without any issues?

• 2 weeks later...

hi pianogirl, does this mean you are able to drink caffeine, alcohol, eat sugar, take antibiotics without any issues?

Hi teegirl,

I've been really busy so my time on the forum has been limited, I'm sorry I'm late getting to this reply.

Yes, I do drink caffeinated drinks.  I love my morning coffee or latte! I'm not a huge coffee drinker, just one cup per day and perhaps and iced latte in the afternoon in the summer or a mocha in the winter. I also drink iced tea with no problems.

I'm 66 and not a huge drinker of alcoholic beverages.  I do like a nice glass of wine, but one is really my limit.  On holiday I might have a Pina Colada or some type of festive beverage.  I don't have any negative effects at all.

Sugar!!! Well, although I cleaned up my diet a lot during withdrawal and recovery I never eliminated any foods or sweets. Luckily I don't have digestive issues and I do believe in a diet of moderation.  I eat pretty healthy though overall even though I think chocolate is my favorite food group.

I'm allergic to several antibiotics but I haven't had difficulties with the ones I can take.

Time is the great healer, I believe that the nervous system will find it's way back to good balance. It's not easy for such a fragile system, but it will.

My back is hurting real bad,is this normal?

If it were me I get it checked out. If there is nothing causing this pain, then it is most likely due to the muscles not being relaxed to the extent they are used to with benzos.  I would try some heat and others have had some relief with Epsom salt baths.