• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [et...]

• [...]

• [dr...]

• [Sm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its often hard for us to guage our own progress as to how we are feeling as we descend doses. We perceive that we feel horrible or worse, or maybe even slightly better. Cognitive distortions on these drugs plague our abilities to truly see clearly through the fog. But what I find really helful is to ask other folks how THEY perceive me to be over time. A few folks at work (who I have disclosed my journey to) recently stated that they thought I looked in "much better shape these days." That type of feedback really goes a long way. We talk here about getting into negative cycles of thinking. But the aforementioned types of comments I find, really push me into positive cycles of thinking (irrespective of how good or bad my current wd sxs may be).

Wow, if they think I look much better them maybe I AM getting better? Hearing this from those around us who are infinitely more able to judge us objectively than we are, is a little dose of reality that can serves us quite well.

Just my work-related thought for the day. :smitten:

Laser....Hmmmmm interesting perspective....This makes sense when you have those people who know you and your struggle well enough. Sadly, many people are literally on their own and don't get this kind of feedback. Sharing with people at work is scary and I have told only those who need to know but their feedback is useful come to think about it.

Good post and insightful observation.

etown

hey etown...I have not been on for a few days. Finally leveled out after last cut. 5 weeks. I am going to wait until after Thanksgiving and carry on. I put in 2 especially long days this week. 13 hours yesterday and 11 hours today. BUT...I felt good. I am hoping to stay that way until T-giving. Just slightly buzzy tonite after p.m. dose. Somewhat fatigued. That is ok compared to where I was 3 weeks ago. We have to be thankful for the good days. :highfive:

CC - thats great news! I know you have been having a rough time. I'm in a bit of a waiting game at 10mg myself. Going away for a week starting Sunday so I may have to pull another trick tofeel good while away

etown

Yay Sky YOU DID IT!!!! Congrats and thak you for being part of our thread. Please stick around and let us know your progress. We can still learn lots from you

etowm :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I've had a pretty tough couple weeks at work; I need to learn a whole bunch of new skills and technologies in order to achieve some desired results, and the clock is ticking.

It's been good for me, though. I'm blessed to work with a group of really intelligent and motivated people, and the folks who are already up to speed on some of the stuff I need to learn have been super helpful and understanding of my struggling through it.

Software work, especially internet/web related work, can look like a lot of fun and games from the sidelines -- and often it is a lot of fun and games, we've got more toys at work than your typical middle school rec room (video game consoles, erector sets, some legos, etc). Sometimes that makes me cocky and I forget that making software is hard. :-S

Spengler - nice to hear from you. I am kind of in the same boat while tapering. I work in an environment where it takes a lot of brain power each day. It's been a challenge for the past few years and a few more to come so I can sympathize with you. I too have some brilliant minds working with me so they sub in willingly when I get foggy. I am so thankful that I have the support (at least as much as they can) of my immediate supervisor and manager. Even though they really don't understand the details they respect me enough to know when I am struggling and cut me some slack. And I really don't share the details because it just frustrates me when I get that blank look.

Anyway, I have a week off vacation next week so I'm going to put my brain in neutral as much as possible.

etown

Yay Sky YOU DID IT!!!! Congrats and thak you for being part of our thread. Please stick around and let us know your progress. We can still learn lots from you

etowm :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks Etown.  I will keep a log of my progress on my progress log each day or so.

How is everyone's week going? Good so far for me. Holding at 10mg while on vacation. Don't miss work at all. I could get used to laying on the beach. No stress for 1 week. How is everyone's week going?

etown

Good to hear you are having a good time Etown.

So far I am hanging on.  Last week was up and down.  Weekend hardly got any sleep.  Today so/so but better than last week.  See how the rest of the week goes.

Hope everyone else is doin OK

How is everyone's week going? Good so far for me. Holding at 10mg while on vacation. Don't miss work at all. I could get used to laying on the beach. No stress for 1 week. How is everyone's week going?

etown

Hi Etown! Glad you're enjoying life.  :)

I've been in the best window for the past three days. I feel like myself.  :) I even felt good enough to take my kids clothes shopping today. It's nice to know it's possible get a break from the s/x once in while.

Thanks for the tapering advice. I held instead of pushing through the symptoms on those bad days and as a result I'm here feeling okay and the kids have a new winter wardrobe. :)

Usually I host Thanksgiving, but this year I'm headed across town to my in-laws'. I'm sad about not hosting this year. I always looked forward to it. Started cooking about a week in advance. Oh well. Maybe next year, if I can pry this benzo beast off my back.

What's everyone else doing?

Wishing everyone happiness and healing  :smitten:

Rriver

Hi Etown,

Yes I am not in the weeds or anything and I will be holding at my posted dose for the rest of the week.  Will not start down again until December 1st.

Diaz-Pam has a new strategy to hold after each .1mg reduction and I think I will be a copy cat for a while.  It seems like I need a break after each .1 anyway.  My next batch will put me at .008mg daily reduction since I think I have reached the end of my ability to reduce by .01mg.

This last bit is really gonna hold on to me tightly I guess.  Thought it would get easier as I got lower - not sure why I thought that but whacha gonna do?

hey etown,

It is a good week! Will work Monday & 1/2 day Tuesday. Will be off Wed-Sunday. This is a wonderful thing. Looking forward to spending time with family and friends. Am holding on the next cut until Monday after Thanksgiving. Feeling ok...not great...but I will take ok over sick. Have a great holiday! :highfive:

I thought the regular holds helped me. The last few months I even did some 2 week holds which seemed to do the trick whenever symptoms cropped up. In the long run, I think you're better off preventing problems than fixing them after they hit. Like DP's doctor says, "What's the rush?"

Bart-

I'm not sure if it's ok to address you here, but wasn't sure where else to do so. I've been following your progress and your plan. I've been trying to figure out what to do with my own taper. I have never felt good on klonopin, like from the start. In part, that's because I was thrown on to klonopin after finishing a three week stint on xanax which ended in terrible withdrawal. I had no idea what was happening. So, enter klonopin. I haven't felt ok since, a few windows here and there and manageable side effects - depression, cognitive fog, emotional blunting. I work full time and have two little tiny boys. So, I'm tapering off pretty slowly. I'm in the mood to jump because I never get to a point through holding or slowing down where I feel like myself. I understand all the merits of a slow taper, I'm just not sure if they apply to me. Is it best to keep going slowly even though I don't ever feel right? Could you advise me on this? What am I doing wrong and how can I do better?

Thanks,

Peace2

Sorry for interrupting the flow of the thread.

River and CC sounds like the holds are helping. Remember that for the future!

Bart thanks for hanging around buddy

Peace - You may have come down too fast from the start. Bart will know better it is hard when we are tapering Valium.

I asked you this before didn't I? Can you cross over to Valium for the rest of your taper?

etown

Bart-

I'm not sure if it's ok to address you here, but wasn't sure where else to do so. I've been following your progress and your plan. I've been trying to figure out what to do with my own taper. I have never felt good on klonopin, like from the start. In part, that's because I was thrown on to klonopin after finishing a three week stint on xanax which ended in terrible withdrawal. I had no idea what was happening. So, enter klonopin. I haven't felt ok since, a few windows here and there and manageable side effects - depression, cognitive fog, emotional blunting. I work full time and have two little tiny boys. So, I'm tapering off pretty slowly. I'm in the mood to jump because I never get to a point through holding or slowing down where I feel like myself. I understand all the merits of a slow taper, I'm just not sure if they apply to me. Is it best to keep going slowly even though I don't ever feel right? Could you advise me on this? What am I doing wrong and how can I do better?

Thanks,

Peace2

Sorry for interrupting the flow of the thread.

Hi Peace2

Sorry, but I don't know the answer to your question. There are 3 possible explanations as to why you are having problems with your taper. The first is you may still be recovering from the trauma of your xanax stint. Switching benzos gives less than complete coverage of the effects of sudden withdrawal from your original benzo as binding is a little different among the benzos. The second is you didn't hold long enough or are tapering too fast. Lastly, you may be having some kind of adverse reaction to Klonopin and just need to get off of it. Since we can't say what is going on and you say you are managing I would just keep tapering and jump at your cut rate or lower. Jumping at a dose higher than your cut rate would be similar to cutting the same amount now as the difference between the dose you jump at and 0. I would expect a worsening of symptoms. From your sig line it looks like you can be done in a few months.

Take care.

Bart