• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [et...]

• [...]

• [dr...]

• [Sm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Etown - haven't seen hide nor hair of you for a few.  How are you doing since returning from vacation?

Happy (crappy?) Monday working buddies.  Hope everyone has a good one.

10 days til vacation (and counting!)

:)

Took the kids skiing yesterday and had a blast. But my body feels wrecked today. This insiduous drug just ros me of my strength. Hitting the jumps and terrain parks like I usualyl do, while in wd just left me sore and weak as all hell. Fortunately no injuries though, and its right back to work this morning! Ughh... >:(

Laserjet

I cannot believe you were brave enough to go skiing!  I not only have not skied in several years but this benzo mess would have me instantly experiencing jelly legs if I tried.

We will be taking the woosy snow play when I go on vacation on the 18th and sticking to the downhill snow discs to get our rush!

Rest up so your week goes well!

eliz:

I am quite the ski fanatic and would rather be dead than to live a life w/o skiing. We actually have a big ski trip planned coming up this Friday so i needed to warm up yesterday and see how my benzo body would perform on the slopes.

What I will say, is that while I am ripping down the hill with the wind blowing in my face, pulling sharp turns, bumps and jumps, the benzo wd sxs (especially the mind blowing anxiety) just melt away. The adrenaline just takes over and for those 8 hours, it is as if I am not in wd.

8)

Hello workers. Sorry for being AWOL. Got back from vacation and now have three weeks of work to catch up on after being away for a week. I see there have been some changes. This thread has been moved from chewing the fat to support groups. I think it will turn out to be a good move for us as this is a SUPPORT GROUP legit. Do me a favour. Post often and keep this thread going hard. We are on main street now so we can amp up the support a bit and give any new visitors some real tapering while working advise. If you are checking out this thread please jump in. We are all here to help and we know that it is a monumental task to work and taper so the REAL support and advise lies right here.

Grease up the elbows workers now the real work begins.

Let us be a light to guide others through this mess.

etown

Hello workers. Sorry for being AWOL. Got back from vacation and now have three weeks of work to catch up on after being away for a week. I see there have been some changes. This thread has been moved from chewing the fat to support groups. I think it will turn out to be a good move for us as this is a SUPPORT GROUP legit. Do me a favour. Post often and keep this thread going hard. We are on main street now so we can amp up the support a bit and give any new visitors some real tapering while working advise. If you are checking out this thread please jump in. We are all here to help and we know that it is a monumental task to work and taper so the REAL support and advise lies right here.

Grease up the elbows workers now the real work begins.

Let us be a light to guide others through this mess.

etown

Hi Etown! Glad you're back!

This thread is where the proof is. If we can be functional enough to work, then there must be good advice and support here, right?

You've got it river we are a select few. (Everyone is welcome though) Even if people don't work they can still cheer us on! I know working has helped in some ways for sure. I also must say I feel better when home. Maybe I have no idea what I'm saying lol

etown

I will chime in. I used to hate Mondays. I will be honest and say that I still don't like Mondays but I am grateful that I am able to keep working. I am 8 days past my last cut and I am not sick. I held for 6 weeks. Maybe I needed A LOT of time to stabilize. I got home from work and dosed and am sick 1 hour later. Paradoxical. Not awful...just the never ending reminder that this is not over. Work has always kept me going through some of the hardest days of of life. This last year has been an absolute mess. I was at work today, really focused on my job. I was staring at my computer and my vision was wig wagging around and I had the never ending buzzing in my ears but I was so happy that I was not sick. We have to be grateful for the good days. I have to work 1/2 a day on Christmas Eve. THEN, I have 5 days off. This is a marvelous thing. I have been sleeping really well also. It has been around 10 degrees below zero at night here for over a week. I huddle into my electric blanket and have been snoozing like a baby.

Happy Monday to my BB friends!!!

Smiling in Colorado :thumbsup:

Good to hear CC. Boy oh boy we had some collective support for your hold that you never thought would bring relief and I am so :) for you. that was a long haul and now you'll get the mojo back and all will be ok.

etown

Good to hear your doing better Colorado. I've hit a rough patch, but it wasnt long ago I was in your shoes, and I know those better days will soon come. Good sleep is priceless. :thumbsup:

Laser keep that positive attitude. It is catchy! Look how far you've come and how little you have left to go? Then, YOU CAN SKI YOUR WAY INTO BENZO FREE LAND.

etown

Hello CC it seems like just yesterday when we first started being friends, for sure lots of ups and downs ....seems like the map to benzo freedom is so different for many people. Slow is Always the right speed.... But the roads are different for every one. I'm always here for you.... Plus ur almost there soo I'm excited for you too!!!

Always in my thoughts,

Mr scared in Ottawa.

Well, thank you all. This was a much needed break. It is not a window. It is healing. I remain cautiously optimistic. I have never cut my dose and not started an avalanche. There is a low level buzz. I can handle this. I need an emoticon that is dancing.  :laugh:

Work was a bit depressing today. It was orientation day and there were all these new kids arriving. I remember when I got my first class of new kids. We did great stuff. That was before I got pregnant and my daughter died and then benzos led to what was thought was chronic fatigue and now this. And I haven't had a new caregroup in all that time. The anniversary of my daughter's death is 4 years at the end of this month.

People I taught with now have leadership positions and are progressing in their work and interest. I'm in a career holding pattern. I have been for four years and I probably will continue to be on this long taper. I just can't see myself being able to take on much more time and responsibility during this taper. Teaching is a high cognition and high emotional-stability demand job (not that others aren't but with others you can have a time out - even slowly walk to the toilet and back - .. not with teaching)

With the time robbed from benzos including this taper and the period of time I couldn't work much because of extreme fatigue it will easily come to 4 years in itself. I'm having one of those useless and futile 'I wish I'd never taken those tablets' days.

CC it is soooooo good to hear you writing about feeling better.  It has been a long road to stability but you found it and you are sleeping!  That alone has to be helping a lot.  :thumbsup:

Smiff you hang in there.  You have the kind of job that requires a lot of patience and self discipline since it involves dealing with others all day non-stop.  That takes a lot of guts if you ask me.  You are strong and will continue to do well with your common sense and no-nonsense approach to this.

My Mondays are slowly getting better.  They have always been my most symptomatic day and used to really scare me not knowing how bad my afternoon would be each Monday morning.  Now they are still my most symptomatic day, but there have been enough of them since July that I now can recognize the pattern and not panic about them because more often than not the next day is just fine.  I think it is just the annoyance of going back to work and dealing with people and difficulties because my time at home is virtually stress free.

Etown hope you can get yourself all caught up this week cauz we miss you on here!  Try not to work too hard.  :sick:

Hi CC!

Glad you are feeling better  :thumbsup:

It's a tough work week here. Holiday prep, Daugher has a school play and a piano recital this week, son has a solo part in his school play next week. I have work to do for my husband's business, too. I might hold for awhile just to be safe.

You all are in my prayers,

Rriver  :)

River you are going to be a busy chica!  Glad my holidays are not going to be stuffed with that much activity.

Don't over do it girl!  8)

Thanks, Eliz!  :)

I'm staying on the couch as much as possible.

It's hard to take it easy during the holidays when you have two children to look after, but it's worth it!

Ok push back time.....going in to the Manager's office to lay it on the line. Enough is enough...let the lazy asses around here pull their weight. I do more work thinking about work than they do.

etown

Etown,

I am glad you are sticking up for yourself.  If you always say yes and step in to pull up the slack, pretty soon everyone is happy to let you continue to do it.

Good Luck!

I am still alive and he is on board. So a little writing on my part for job description etc, present to him get the final signature and we're on our way.

His sinister smile worries me though lol

etown

I wouldn't let his "sinister smile" worry you at this point unless you have first hand knowledge that this facial expression means something with him.

A job description sounds like a good start to at least establish the scope of your responsibilities and start a path leading away from you for issues beyond that scope.

Good Luck