How many people HAVE to work while tapering

[et...]

Drew maybe take a good look at the stable taperers and their rates. You may be a bit high at .025mg maybe not. If you cool it for a bit and try to slow down a bit and watch your symptoms carefully I believe you can straighten things out and minimize symptoms.

Lazer - I get it buddy anything part time that would get you back in the game?

Workers back at it again. worse part for me is getting up in the morning and now it will feel 1 hour earlier for a while.

On your mark, get set, go!

etown

P.S. thanks so much workers for keeping this thread happy, positive and helpful. It has been fun and cool considering what we have to contend with trying to work through this crap.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [et...]

• [...]

• [dr...]

• [Sm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello because of the clocks going back one hour here in Canada... Tonight I was sitting watching tv and I was thinking something doesn't feel right...hmmmm what could that be, then I remembered I was suspose to take my 2mg valium night dose, I laughed to my self how much this benzo life gets ingrained into your body and mind. Well an hour wouldn't really matter, but I still bolted into my bathroom like my shoe was on fire to take my pm dose. Lol Well everyone that's my valium, time change funny story to close up my Sunday night. See you all at work tomorrow.

Peace Mr scared in Ottawa.

Yeah Etown...I'm holding at 3.3 until I feel better. Then I'm going to cut it to ..02mg daily. If that doesn't work I'll cut it further. I'm glad to say I'm through the worst of the last bout. I actually drove to visit a friend and had to go through two tunnels and over two bridges(panic area). I had a panic attack in one tunnel and I just accepted it. After that I was uncomfortable but no panic. I don't fear them anymore which is huge but  still damn uncomfortable.I'm positive it's due to the drug so bring it on so I can heal. 

Tomorrow I start my week off with a clients funeral. She was in her 90's so it wasn't unexpected. Hope everyone's week starts off good. Onward we go!

Drew

Happy Monday Everyone

I was a little nervous about the time change too.  I wondered if I would feel it in my dosing times and I was worried about sleep.  I stayed up later than normal on Saturday and Sunday nights to see if this would make me sleep later.  Not sure if this will continue but I slept until almost 4am (I usually wake between 1 - 2am) and this is for me a good thing since I get up at 5am anyway. 

Hope everyone has a symptom free Monday.

I don't know about you other working folks but Mondays are always mysteriously symptomatic for me.  Yesterday was no exception including very little sleep. 

Today, just as mysteriously, I feel fine.  Go figure.  I have to remind myself on Mondays not to automatically assume problems with my taper and to resist over reacting or making adjustments based on one day of an uptick in symptoms.  This has emerged as a predictable pattern for me although I cannot for the life of me pin it down to anything specific.  If I only have to deal with one unpleasant day per week I suppose that is much better than seven.

Good thing is that it is over and Tuesday is looking much better already, although it must be buckethead day here as I have a pile of personnel problems to sort through. 

Hang tough workers!

Well or not, I still head to work each day. fortunately I am feeling better today than yesterday and the severe paresthesia and moderate anxiety have eased up. Hoping for an easy path through my planned dose cut tonight. Thanks for all the work/job support on this thread. It can be a bit discouraging to read through other threads where people are holed up housebound for extended periods. How we think about this process and our condition makes such a big difference on our outcome. We all have to stay positive and keep busy. The alterntive is just not an option for me. :thumbsup:

Well today was the New starting of my daily micro taper into the Wonderful world of valium dust. It felt so nice to watch the little grains of poison fall from my pill as my nail file slide across its smooth surface. I have decided to collect the dust in a little container so I can see my progress. I would like to thank E town and Bart for helping me with the math calculations for this journey. Over the next year I plane on living, working and enjoy life to the fullest as I taper. There will be a few rough edges and recalculations for sure, but This Train is Not going down into the valley...but rather straight up the Mountain one day at a time. I will be the Conductor, Captain and Directional Navigator, the whole way threw. All days will be careful monitored for anything that may cause the train to loose it course. In the end this train Will reach the station...Not in Time for Sure!!! But SURELY ON MY TIME!!!

ALL ABOARD!!!!! This train just left the station...

Mr scared, Ottawa Canada

Hi Ottawa,

My train veered off course several months ago and will probably take the scenic route and pull into the station many months late (to borrow from your metaphor).  But that's OK because the one passenger (me) will arrive healthy and in good condition for the journey.

Pain is not an option for me either Laserjet.  It's not that I am a weenie, it's that I am a big weenie!  Me no likie pain!  :sick:

Hi etown,

It's great that you are still able to work.  I would love to be working, but unfortunately, my x/s have been so severe that I had to take early retirement from my job.....I certainly had no plans to retire and I didn't really want to but I was missing too much work b/c I'm just too sick......even as far as I've come on my taper, I can still barely leave my house.....I'm soooooo sick.  Luckily, I had the option of early retirement....otherwise, I don't know what I would have done b/c I'm so horribly sick.  I'm hoping that at some point, this demon drug will finally release me and I'll be able to go back to work.  At this point in time, however, I'm scared that I will have these debilitating x/s the rest of my life. :sick:   

Hello,

I am concerned if I am doing this right, so I would need some help please.

I read in another thread a post, where a buddie was advising another buddie, about using the milligram scale accurately .

He was suggesting that weighing tablets is tricky, because tablets weigh more that what the prescription says.

Now I worry, because I find that the opposite is true.

I dry cut 0.5 mgs of Ativan tablets. When I weigh them, they weigh .045 mgs, so less then what the buddy was indicating.

Please respond, I would appreciate your thoughts. Am I weighing wrong?

Thank you, Anu

Hello you must remember if a pill lets say is a 2mg valium tablet it means the amount of chemical ingredient in that pill is 5mg... But this does not mean the pill actually weighs 5mg on a scale ..no no not at all. For example here in Canada a white 2mg valium pill weighs .160grams

Hope this answers your question.

Mr scared Ottawa. :)

Sorry I must have Benzo brain tonight... To correct what I said in my above answer... The 2mg valium has 2mg of the chemical Diazpam in it,, not 5mg I made a typing mistake. Sorry

Mr scared.

Thank you Mr. Scared, but unfortunately I am further confused ..:(

If you or etown can please answer my Ativan question I would be most grateful ..

I do not know anything about Valium tablets.

My question is that my prescription says that I take 0.5 mg Ativan tablets ..

When I weigh this 0.5 mg tablet, it weighs at .045 mgs. Keeping in mind the weight the scale shows me, I then cut the tablet to the amount I need for my dose.

I hope my explanation helps you, to kindly answer my original question. Because if I am weighing incorrectly, it will be causing me symptoms ..

Thank you, I am grateful for any help ..

Anu xx

Hello to answer your question your .5mg Ativan tab could weigh .45mg the tablet weight on a scale has nothing to do with how much on the drug is in it. A Tylenol 500mg tab has 500mg of the drug Acetaminophen in it.... So I just weighed the tab on my micro scale on the Tylenol tablet weighs .621grams.... See what I mean.

Mr scared.

Thank you Mr Scared :)

So then, if my doses need to be at : .41 mgs .41 mgs .41 mgs .42 mgs, .42 mgs ( 5 daily doses.)

how do I manage that,  dry cutting 0.5 mg tablets?

With gratitude for any help ..

Anu :smitten:

Well let's wait for E town to help with this... He is an expert on

tapers, rates... Lets wait to get the very best info from E Town....This is very important to you and your next part of benzo healing... E town is the best of the best with this in my opinion...

Mr scared

Mr Scared, you are so very gracious and kind ..:)

Thank you ..I am completely lost in this ..:(

Sending you thoughts of wellness, and healing ..

Love, Anu

Ano - damn lost my post. I am a valium taperer but lets see what we can do for your Ativan. What I did was take the weight of a tab..in your case .45mg divide by the number of days you want to get rid of the tab so .045mg divided by lets say 120 days = .0004mg/day. So .045mg-.0004mg = .0446mg Day 1.....Day 2 .0446-.0004=.0406mg...Day 3.. .0406- .0004 = .0402mg. The reason we switch to valium is that we can weigh with a 3 decimal point weigh scale. You will need a 4 decimal point scale to weigh micrograms. This is the problem with Ativan and other small tabs.

etown

HI brunettescorpio - welcome to this thread. Yes it is nice to be able to work. Most people with a closely monitored taper should be able to work. I have a plan that allows me to slow taper Valium with minimal symptoms and it works well for me and many others. I glanced at your sig and I think I remember thinking it was pretty fast at least IMO. Valium gives me more flexibility and is a smoother drug to get off of IMO again. This has been verified by an addiction benzo wise doc i've seen a few times. The short acting Benzo's are more up and down and irritating to the brain. So if you want to have less symptoms and feel like doing some work there is a way. Mucks up your routine but is well worth it. Please stick around we don'r care if you work or not we just need more awesome people here.

BTW I am a brunette and I am a scorpio uncanny eh? :thumbsup:

etown

Etown, about a month ago, I evened up my doses ..They were a mess from dry cutting big, and holding too long to get stable ..

Since then I have been suffering with severe symptoms ..So I need to have the dry cutting of my 5 doses double checked to be certain that they are, or not the reason for my suffering ..

My daily dose, is 2.07 mgs

I dose this in 5 doses ..

6 am .41 mgs.  10:30 am .41 mgs.  3 pm .42 mgs.  8 pm .41 mgs.  1 am .42 mgs 

I have the milligram scale ..The .41 mgs dose weighs .036 mgs, and the  .42 mgs weighs at .038 mgs.

Please ask me if you need further details to help determine if these doses are done correctly ..

Thank you so very much etown, I am grateful ..

Love, Anu