Important Survey - Please Participate ×

How many people HAVE to work while tapering

[et...]

Oooh, mr scared,

I am so sorry that you are going through a bad time .. :( I am on the same boat as you, and have great sympathy for all that you have endured ..

Please hang in there, and things will get easier ..Also, please do not consider Detox .. I was in one of those places a year ago this January, and suffer each and every day .. :'(

Thinking of you, and holding you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Anu  :hug:

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [et...]

• [...]

• [dr...]

• [Sm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr. Scared-

I am thinking of you and hoping you find the best way through. I have certainly felt that being under someone else's care was necessary at points along my taper. I don't fault you for wanting to put it in  others' hands for awhile. It is a burden we never get to set down along the way. I hope you have someone close who can step up for you, hold your hand, help find a good solution so that your pain recedes a bit. Above all else, take care of yourself.

Wishing you peace.

Peace2

Hi Mr Scared,

I read your post and am very sorry that you are losing confidence in yourself.  I really hope you do not end up needing to go into a facility as I have my doubts as to the appropriateness of this for benzo withdrawal, but regardless of what you do, we are all here to support you.  I hope whatever decision you make it ends up being the right one for you.  :smitten:

Hi Working Buddies,

This is the last Monday I will have to work until the new Year.  Start my vacation at noon this Wednesday so am very jazzed about that and about getting away from this place for awhile.

I got a little cold on Friday and am sitting here at my desk with a roll of toilet paper beside me to blow my nose because they don't have tissues.  Jeez.

Not feeling too bad though and I suppose if I was going to get sick, better before my vacation than during it. 

Hope everyone has a great week.

CC I hope your symptoms level out and that your scales arrive today.  Cutting by .001 daily surely will be much easier for you.  Take Care

Hi folks - Had a bad sleep night last night. I am convinced that busy people in general have a way harder time tapering. When I was on vaca we were busy but I felt pretty good. Now back to work, my business and life in general has put me on my heels a bit. Not too bad of course but annoying. I am just doing too damn much period. It will set my taper back by probably +25%. I am determined I will get off this drug at some point but I will not put up with really crazy symptoms no matter what so I just try to control my life and take it real slow.

How's everyone else doing?

etown

Hi folks - Had a bad sleep night last night. I am convinced that busy people in general have a way harder time tapering. When I was on vaca we were busy but I felt pretty good. Now back to work, my business and life in general has put me on my heels a bit. Not too bad of course but annoying. I am just doing too damn much period. It will set my taper back by probably +25%. I am determined I will get off this drug at some point but I will not put up with really crazy symptoms no matter what so I just try to control my life and take it real slow.

How's everyone else doing?

etown

Agreed! It difficult to heal without rest. I keep trying to explain this to my family.

Anyway, I'm in a similar place with my taper. I've had a setback. Now I'm resigned to taking it slower if necessary.

Best wishes for you,

Rriver

Best thing about teaching: some pretty darn good holidays - like now :)

Worst thing about teaching: having to be constantly 'on' emotionally and cognitively aka not the best benzo withdrawal job

At least on holidays now.

Hope everyone is coping with christmas preparation and not being too busy (particularly you E-Town; take care of yourself)

Peace

Smiff

Hello all...back at work.  I actually had a good nights' sleep, a priductive day, and did 20 minutes on the elliptical at lunch.  My hip, thighs, and neck have been terribly sore but I pushed through it today.  Feel much better now.  I have a xmas party tonight.  Hope my day stays good.  I started my slow descent again and am at 2.76 today.

Etown-It is much easier to taper while we have lessened responsiblities.  Good luck on your adjustment.   

Ugh. Sick. Went to work on 2 hrs sleep . Brutal day. 15 days out from cut and so sick. Deep bone pain and nausea, insomnia, tinnitus so loud that I cannot hear. No scale in mail. I will call them tomorrow. I really wish I bought it locally. Feeling really down. I will not cut again until I can micro taper.  I am going to try to sleep on the couch. Not sure if I can navigate steps. I know this will pass. Took my p.m. meds 1 hr ago. Paradoxical on top of it. Make.It.stop.

Feeling blue :'( :'( :'(

Hello CC so sorry to hear ur hard day, my heart goes out to you. Sometimes wish we all could transport into a group one night a week... I would give all my friends the biggest hug!!!

Well I sure hope that scale arrives. No words can make you better so I'm not going say anything like that.... I just want you to feel me thinking of you with all my heart and soul. Your sadness and pain are the tears rolling down my face as I wish you enough strength and peace to make it threw the night.

Your friend from start to finish and all the days and moments in the middle... Hug hug

Mr scared

Hope you feel better soon CC. 

Well...one whole day would have been nice.  Didn't take my dose at 7pm cause I'd be home at 9 and didn't want to carry liquid(could have taken dose at 6:30 but I'm an idiot).  At Xmas party I got very sweaty and I also got some weird sharp pain in brain which I had two times in last week but never before. Needless to say I went into panic mode. I didn't flip out after initial adrenaline surge to make it worse, but it still sucked. Left party and walked back to car with no jacket just to cool down. Legs felt weak and felt like I was going to die. I knew it was a panic attack and luckily I didn't feed it. This sh.t never ceases to amaze me in what it tries to take away from us. I'm not in bad spirits now and feel okay. Just venting.

Drew

etown...It was a 6 week hold. I was 2 weeks from the cut when I got sick. Is that what you meant? I seem to be stuck again. I do not care if I hold this for a long time. I am not going to do anything until I can daily micro taper. It is 3:50 am. I did sleep last night but am pretty worn out. Feel better than yesterday morning.

Oh Man reading about all my working buddies recent struggles is hard to do

CC your dose is so low now that I hope you get your scale soon so you can taper the slow and steady way.  Can you go back to your last dose and hold until it arrives so you don't continue to suffer?  I hate to see that continue.

Drew I am sorry that you had a bad time with inter-dose w/d.  Maybe you could carry some chips with you in a small pill box that you could use when you find yourself away from your liquid mix?  Bart and Etown have written that they do this, and I actually have one in my purse for emergencies that I have not had to use in a long while, thank goodness, but knowing it is there is a comfort.

Mr. Scared, I hope you are doing better than last week.  I am thinking of you and hoping that you turn a corner very soon.

Etown, my heart goes out to you buddy.  You are the one who is always propping up the rest of us and I hate to see you posting that you are having problems.  How can we de-stress your life by about 30%?  There is nothing wrong with stepping back to focus on yourself for a change.  Can you start saying "NO" sometimes and maybe avoid some of this over doing it?  If not, then I hope the holiday break gives you some relief from your overly stressful situation.

Take care everyone and I hope this holiday season ends up being a positive one for you all.  :smitten:

I don't know why I didn't join this thread long ago as I certainly have to work. I write grant proposals for nonprofit organizations and while I can work at home, I often have to drive to the next town to meet with clients.

Sometimes when s/x are awful I tap dance my way along and postpone that proposal until my cog fog gets better. So I am luckier than most in that regard. But eventually I have to meet with the client and deliver the goods. Aaargh.

Since I split up my dose things have been slowly (very slowly) improving. I am hoping this is the day that I get none of those godawful s/x. Most days have been OK but I need to get rid of the most debilitating s/x so I can consistently  work and feel better.

What you guys on this thread do amazes me.

So now if you'll have me as a thread member, I'll post regularly.

Okatz

Oregon - I thought I invited you befoe. You're one of the family! I'm so glad you are moving in the right direction. This thread is a bunch of tough people. You are welcome here. Keep posting we need you AND you're cool so you'll fit riight in lol

etown

Ok this is pretty spaz

I'm a teacher

I still quite like teaching. I can see myself picking up more time when I'm not in withdrawal.

I went through a phase of wanting to change and so I applied for Law (this was before the benzo **** hit the fan).

Today I got an offer for their honours stream. So I'll be in the honours stream, withdrawing from benzos, not really sure I want to do it. The honours stream folks meet each other and get guidance etc. Me thinks I'm going to feel a little out of place amongst those keen as mustard ambitious soon-to-be-lawyers.

Honestly.... what am I doing?

And yet... I have to at least give it a go. One topic though I think  :idiot:

Smiff do it! I'm sort of in the same spot. I've been invited to enter a competition for a National pool for Managers. I thought all that was behind me now! I also pondered for a few days but its one of those things that if you don't do it, opportunity may pass you by next time. I threw my name in the hat. I can always say no! lol NOT! It will make a significant difference when I retire when ever that will be.

Life must go on

etown

Hi etown and others on this thread

Just want to send my best wishes to you all, and to thank you for the tremendous support I gained from you all while I was tapering. I am now back at work full time and things are getting gradually easier. Physical withdrawals now pretty mild and only when i am overtired, ill or stressed. Mentally mostly good, for which I feel incredibly  grateful. Of course there is so much trauma to get over, but I have also gained a lot of inner strength from this ordeal. For those of you still in the throws of it i can only say it is absolutely worth getting off the benzos.

I am even looking forward to seeing family at christmas!

Smiff- I think it is absolutely worth giving things a go. I have surprised myself and others with what I could do in the last few months if I put my mind to it. I am also teaching and studying at the same time.

Love to you all,

magga x

Smiff-you know what is best for you.  Don't let others tell you what you can't do.  I have people telling me not to perform theater while withdrawing.  It does make some times more difficult, but it also gives me a reason to push forward which is important.  Remember, if we can go trough this we can do almost anything! 

Magga-I really needed to read that and am so happy for you.  I actually teared up.  Damn benzos make me over emotional.  :'(

Magga I teared up too. I miss you! Anyway life goes on. I am so glad you have won your battle and your prize comes in different ways every day. I am so thankful that you were part of this thread and others and are ready to help and be open and honest with everybody. I think that's what makes this thread tick! I hope you remember to drop in and say hello once in a while between all the busy stuff you have to catch up on. Thanks for remembering that there are so many people here who continue to suffer in silence most of the time. I am grateful to everyone on this thread and others for the love and support I/we receive every day.

etown