How many people HAVE to work while tapering

[et...]

Yes E town I also dipped into my little magic tickle trunk...3 weeks ago. I always keep the knowledge that I always have my Ace Card in my pocket at all times.... My magic trick made everything disappear..... Chris Angel has nothing on me!!!! Lol  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mr scared Ottawa.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [et...]

• [...]

• [dr...]

• [Sm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is comforting to know that as long as you do not make a habit of it, dipping into the bag of tricks can make a fast correction and get you back on track.  As long as you don't make a habit of it there is no reason to worry that it will make things worse.  I have resorted to that more than once myself with no problems going right back to business the next day.

:smitten:

Yesss must always fight the Good Strong Fight, but every one gets derailed once and awhile... So the train sometimes has to be lifted back onto the tracks... Then it can just chug along again...

Mr scared.

I have a question for the more experienced micro taperers.

I may have accidentally up dosed by .4 mg yesterday. Not sure what happened. I either screwed up the amt I toss or I just made uneven doses.

Is it okay to get back on track today? Does a one-time, small up dose mess up too bad?

Thanks,

Rriver

River - no worries you should be fine

no stress just pretend it didn't happen

etown

Thanks, Etown  :)

I was in my biggest window last weekend. Then crashed Monday when I hit .65 mg. I'm holding for dear life. About how long do you normally hold when you become symptomatic?

This is tough. Being a Mom means my work week is 7 days long. And it's hard hiding this from the kids.

Rriver

River - I usually takes about 10-14 days to stabilize when you get hit. the small updose may help a lot actually and you can use that trick in the future if the wheels come off. A hold for me is as long as it takes to feel a minimum of symptoms and have the courage to move forward. I am holding right now becasue we are going away for a week end of Nov. I did have a symptomatice week though so i'll just hold until we get back. Also stable for me is when I have some physical symptoms that are tolerable. When the mental symptoms start I have to be more aware that my taper rate is getting ahead of my healing rate. You are getting close so don't be afraid to slow down even more It will help you heal as you taper and reduce the symptoms so you can be relatively normal for your family.

etown :)

How is everyone doing this Monday? Windy and cold here in Ontario. I thought the roof was going to blow off last night!. I'm back to it now, totally stable and ready for another round. Daily symptom based taper is the way to go. You can fix small problems way faster than cut and hold.

etown

Hi Etown,

Back at work and glad for it. This weekend depression was staring me in the face and now it's dancing in the background. You say you feel like your taper is too fast when mental symptoms start. That's interesting to me. Depression and a bit of cognitive fog are my only symptoms. They've also always been my symptoms since the first week I started klonopin. Do you think holding would help the depression? It's confusing to me since the depression was brought on within a week or two of starting the klonopin. Isn't it going to make me depressed as long as it's in my system? That's why holding longer doesn't seem like a great solution. So glad for the distraction of work. I teach little kids and their sweetness is a helping remedy for my dark heart.

Peace2

etown,

Windy and cold here also. Had a windstorm yesterday thst picked up the cold frame to my garden (it was made from an old sliding glass door) and smashed it on my patio. A zillion little chunks of glass everywhere. Other than that it is a good day. That is what wr all want. 8)

Peace - If mental symptoms have been a problem from the start of K I doubt a hold will help with that. For me these symptoms wax and wane so I know I'm going to fast or there is some other problem with my taper.

Colorado - still crazy wind here. They say it will go through the night again.

etown

Was windy here in Texas over the weekend but seems to be over now.  At least we are not in tornado country where I live.

Its Monday again everyone.  Hope we all have a good week.

Hello everyone my tapers going nicely I'm feeling 80/20 today so it's great.. I was at 4.5 mg on day I'm on 4.31mg..... Nice and slow.

My tip for the day I oredered a natural sleep supplement called "Sleep Tonight" Wow it's works great I took two tabs at 11pm and sleep all night right to 6am..... Haven't slept like that for a least 6 months so worth trying for sure. I think Bart said he used it. Also I had some dream about buying a new trail motorbike and I was riding threw a forest trail it was a really nice dream. I haven't had dreams for almost a year. I think I remember dreams mean ur getting REM sleep right??

Well cold here in Ottawa getting my trucks snow tires on today.

Have a great healing, tapering or holding day!!!

Mr scared.

So glad for you that you are feeling better Mr. Scared.  I tried the sleep tonight tabs but I think the ashwagandha in it revs up my heart rate for some reason.  At the moment I am using nothing and falling asleep on my own.  Now if I could stay asleep for longer than four hours - that would be a miracle!

How are you feeling this week Etown?  Nice and stable for your trip?

Me - I have had five 90/10 days in a row and am at .96mg with today's dose after a mini hold once I got down to 1mg.  All is good.

Hope everyone else is doing well  :smitten:

Oh Etown I hope this is just one of those freak days that we all have from time to time.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.  Hang in there big guy!  :smitten:

I think (hope) my Monday symptomatic day trend is over.  Last Monday and again yesterday were fine.

Sounds like we are all doing okay.  Etown, hang in there.  We all know there is no figuring this out day to day.  Make it through today and hopefully tomorrow will be better. 

My anxiety symptons are in check but I have head terrible discomfort in my thigh, hip, and groin area.  Feels like a ran a marathon.  I can't keep my mind from focusing on it. I have had it for about a week. I keep thinking something serious is wrong with me like cancer.  This withdrawal tends to make my hypchodriatic.  :( 

Drew

River - I usually takes about 10-14 days to stabilize when you get hit. the small updose may help a lot actually and you can use that trick in the future if the wheels come off. A hold for me is as long as it takes to feel a minimum of symptoms and have the courage to move forward. I am holding right now becasue we are going away for a week end of Nov. I did have a symptomatice week though so i'll just hold until we get back. Also stable for me is when I have some physical symptoms that are tolerable. When the mental symptoms start I have to be more aware that my taper rate is getting ahead of my healing rate. You are getting close so don't be afraid to slow down even more It will help you heal as you taper and reduce the symptoms so you can be relatively normal for your family.

etown :)

Thanks, Etown!

Our router quit. We've gone 2 days w/o Internet or TV. Talk about roughing it  ;)

Mr. scared,

So glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better. What does Sleep Tonight have in it? I have been sleeping better but am always curious. In fact last Saturday night I slept for 8 hrs straight. First time in  almost a year. I woke up and could not believe it.

So going back to the original thread, 'How many people have to work while tapering?'

I felt pretty good at work today when I got there. I left home at about 6:30 this morning. I dragged in at 6:45 tonight. I am wired and tired. I am beginning to forget what I felt like before w/d. My head is spinning. I took my evening meds and hot diggity...just like clockwork, I am now sick. :-\ It was exactly 1 year ago next week that I stopped taking klonopin. Silly me, what could I have been thinking?

CC:

8 hours is a very respectable amount of sleep. That sounds like a very long workday. I've been taking a lot of short days during this whole taper fiasco. Fortunately my workplace is somewhat accommodating. I just don't think I could pull off long days on the job. You really should be proud of your determination and resolve. :thumbsup:

Hello Colorado Sleep Tonight has ashwagandha, L theanine ,magnolia ,magnolol and epinedium .

Works best for me takin two tabs at bed and I take 800mg Motrin gel caps( the Motrin helps the crazy morning headaches I've been waking up too for the last month)

Sorry to hear about ur pm dose makin u sick. My taper going good... Cross my fingers....

Mr scared