Important Survey - Please Participate ×

How many people HAVE to work while tapering

[et...]

etown,

Not by choice. I got a scale and the company sent the wrong one. I sent it back and it is stuck in transit b/c of the holiday and Paypal auth to take more $ for shipping. It could be another 7-10 days. I decided to go forward. Bad idea?  When I got up this morning I felt buzzy and somewhat nauseated. That would be really soon after a cut to have sx. Then again, I worked a really long day yesterday and am overtired. The scale issue had been ongoing for a few weeks. I thought I would be daily tapering way before this. When I sent the scale back I held my dose. I had not thought it would get held up.

CC

Being in Colorado, I would assume there are planty of local shops in which you could purchase, same day, a highly accurate scale. No?  Plenty of these available here in socal.  ;)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [et...]

• [...]

• [dr...]

• [Sm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi CC,

I had the same problem with Amazon when I first ordered my scale.  It arrive broken and I had to send it back for a replacement.  Added two weeks to my wait to start daily tapering.  I had no choice but to hold until it arrived.  I hope yours arrives soon.  You should feel so much better once your drops are smaller.

:smitten:

laserj:

There probably were. I sent the scale back for an exchange which should not have taken as long as it did. i would have been much better off buying one here. In retrospect. I will likely get it this week and carry on. Micro taper is WHY I bought the scale. I do tend to by via the internet as it usually is easier. I did not make a good decision this time. :tickedoff:

Just dropping by to say hi

Most of you sound like you are doing quite well which is great.

OneLove: I must catch up with some of your work on glutamates in foods. I've become vegetarian and I'm monitoring how tofu is going. Thus far I find tofu a less problematic form of soy then some others like tempeh for instance or even just straight soy beans which I had at a japanese restaurant the other day and did really feel the glutamate hit from them.

Eliz: Glad you are doing well now. May it stay so  :smitten:

E-Town: I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday and with your slow n steady descent I am sure you'll be enjoying christmas soon.

CC: Hope those jeweller's scales arrive soon and microtapering proves to be better then cut and hold (I think it will)

Anyone else: May your taper continue smoothly as we enter the silly season (I actually really like christmas) and the new year.

As for me and my work: I had to have yet another bit of time off work after hitting my head AGAIN. I need a crash helmet or something because blows to the head during tapering really mess with you. It probably only went awol because I hadn't fully recovered from my last concussion though I was very close.

I wrote a detailed email to the principal of the school explaining my situation - as of August - re benzos. She was very supportive.

Teaching is a good job and a great distraction. It isn't however very conducive to any cog-fog or anxiety so not the best environment for benzo withdrawal. Lets hope I can keep mostly out of there. Mostly I can if I go slow enough, do enough yoga oh and dont hit my head!.

Peace

Smiff

Hey Smiff,

You sound like you are doing better.  Sorry about the head bump.  This is not meant to be mean but you sound like you may be a bit clumsy like me!  I find myself tripping over my own two feet and dropping stuff on the floor all the time.  I should probably just slow down and pay attention to what I am doing so I don't fall and break a hip before I finish this tapering crap.

Hi CC

Good to see you are doing better too.  Your dose is a bit lower than mine and I was hoping it would get easier as we get lower, but at least for me, it seems like I have to actually be more careful with my vices the lower I go.  My sensitivity level is increasing.  I am tired of living like a puritan.  Want my wine and chocolate back!

Its hump day everyone - weekend is just a hop, jump and a skip away.  14 more days until FREEDOM!  :clap:

eliz...I am 48 hrs after cutting and feeling ok. I am not naive enough to believe it will last.  I had hoped that the last leg of this would b kinder but it is what it is. I am in a really good spot today. Not a window but good. It is abt 10 degrees in Colorado today w an expected low of -15 tonite. I have been freezing cold throughout tapering. I bought a heater and have it under my desk at work. It is gorgeous outside. Snowing. My favorite season. I am having a good day @ work also.

I hope you r doing well.

Thumbs up from Colorado  :thumbsup:

Hi CC,

Not sure where you are in Colorado, but my mother and I went to Durango about three years ago to that Soaring Through the Trees zipline tour they have.  It was so beautiful there and the fall weather was fabulous.  We had so much fun hiking from one zipline to the next one and learning about the old growth trees there.  After that, we stopped at a little airstrip of private planes on the way back to the hotel and got towed up in a glider for a long ride back down with the most beautiful views of the mountains and valleys.  That will always be one of my favorite trips.

I love the winter too.  Here in the Texas desert, the fall and winter season is always such a relief after temperatures above 110 for 5 straight months!

I hope your scales arrive soon so you can transition to smaller daily cuts.  I swear you will feel so much better consistently as soon as you do.  :smitten:

Hey Smiff,

You sound like you are doing better.  Sorry about the head bump.  This is not meant to be mean but you sound like you may be a bit clumsy like me!  I find myself tripping over my own two feet and dropping stuff on the floor all the time.  I should probably just slow down and pay attention to what I am doing so I don't fall and break a hip before I finish this tapering crap.

Ha. I'm not usually so clumsy but both head hits happened post valium and in the dark. But you are right about slowing down and paying attention ;) I don't always do enough of that

I am better. I had mostly a symptom free week last week. Since the new head hit though I've had some cog fog, dizziness and headaches return. Today is the first day I've got any heart pounding - hopefully it is just morning heart pounding that doesn't take hold.

I'm worried I'm so precarious at this dose how hard it will be when I'm down to your doses  :-\

Winter is my favorite season too. Hard to focus on work with all these storm systems developing over the Pacific as we speak. Eliz, does 14 days to freedom mean you will jump in 14 days? :smitten:

Winter is my favorite season too. Hard to focus on work with all these storm systems developing over the Pacific as we speak. Eliz, does 14 days to freedom mean you will jump in 14 days? :smitten:

Don't I wish!  No, sadly, I was referring to my upcoming vacation and not to benzo freedom.  I think I would be terrified to jump at this dose.  My afternoon symptoms are still quite close to the surface ready to bite me in the ass if I deviate from the plan even slightly.

Smiff, don't fear the lower doses.  A lot of things do improve as you get lower; fogginess, shakiness, bad mornings, appetite, driving ability, the funny feeling that people can tell you are "different", stamina, lack of interest, constant need to urinate - so many more that honestly I cannot really remember.  Just about the only thing I am dealing with right now is the impatience to rush to the end.  I am my own worst enemy in that regard.  Trying to be careful with diet and over doing it to avoid symptom surges is my own personal choice.  You may not have to deal with any of it and it could likely be easier for you as you get lower and not harder.  I know Bart said it was this way for him.  Diaz-Pam says she has read plenty of posts where people have claimed once you get past .7mg everything changes for the better.  I hope that is true cauz I am very close to that right now.

Don't I wish!  No, sadly, I was referring to my upcoming vacation and not to benzo freedom.  I think I would be terrified to jump at this dose.  My afternoon symptoms are still quite close to the surface ready to bite me in the ass if I deviate from the plan even slightly.

Smiff, don't fear the lower doses.  A lot of things do improve as you get lower; fogginess, shakiness, bad mornings, appetite, driving ability, the funny feeling that people can tell you are "different", stamina, lack of interest, constant need to urinate - so many more that honestly I cannot really remember.  Just about the only thing I am dealing with right now is the impatience to rush to the end.  I am my own worst enemy in that regard.  Trying to be careful with diet and over doing it to avoid symptom surges is my own personal choice.  You may not have to deal with any of it and it could likely be easier for you as you get lower and not harder.  I know Bart said it was this way for him.  Diaz-Pam says she has read plenty of posts where people have claimed once you get past .7mg everything changes for the better.  I hope that is true cauz I am very close to that right now.

Agreed! I still have w/d if I cut too much or miss a dose. However, the brain fog, paranoia, agoraphobia and apathy started to fade around .70 mg Ativan.

Rriver  :smitten:

:smitten: Oh bliss.. hopefully eh

I can't wait (although patience at all times!  ;) )

Hello everyone, last few weeks are tough... Sure it's mostly my lack of hormones, my HRT is flaring up all my symptoms. Trying to restart my body's natural test production. But I'm still working everyday.... Takes extreme effort, but I'm doing it!!! Hour by hour. My .010 taper seems good, just

My hormones are all over the map. But I have no choice but to keep on trying and trying...

Have a great day everyone!!!

Mr scared Canada.

Hello everyone, last few weeks are tough... Sure it's mostly my lack of hormones, my HRT is flaring up all my symptoms. Trying to restart my body's natural test production. But I'm still working everyday.... Takes extreme effort, but I'm doing it!!! Hour by hour. My .010 taper seems good, just

My hormones are all over the map. But I have no choice but to keep on trying and trying...

Have a great day everyone!!!

Mr scared Canada.

Hoping things even out of you Mr S

Perhaps they will find a new method of delivery - rather then the big hit syringes. DHEA is potentially dodgy but I took it for a while when I was so fatigued I couldn't function. It definitely increased all round sex hormone production (It is the precursor to all the sex hormones). Even my testosterone was noticeably improved by my increased muscle tone (that worried me a little but it was DHEA or tiredness so I couldn't function). It is an amazing glutamate and cortisol antagonist. Unfortunately it is also a gaba antagonist. Still..

DD- thank you so much for dropping in. I think of you often.

Ottawa - fight the good fight buddy.

Smiff - love having you around

everyone else you all

etown

DD- thank you so much for dropping in. I think of you often.

Ottawa - fight the good fight buddy.

Smiff - love having you around

everyone else you all

etown

naw thanks love. Back at ya xx

Hi Buddies,

I am so confused, this thread was in chewing the fat and now it is in support groups.

Let's keep bumping it so it stays near the top and so everyone can find it!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!