• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [et...]

• [...]

• [dr...]

• [Sm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

iggy your vertigo sounds pretty terrifying all right. It's worse than my benzo flu dizziness where I get that freakin drunk feeling and just have to sit down b/c I think I might fall over. Or, if I'm sitting at my desk, I have to grab the edge of the desk to stop from falling over. It sounds like the little brother of your vertigo. Which I hope never returns for you!!

Okatz

DP I love bananas but hate milk - always have - but I swear its worth a try to get the sleep success you did!

Well, my good sleep pattern went totally out the window last night. I had one of those nights where I felt like I didn't sleep at all, but when I'd look at the clock something like an hour or two would have elasped, but it didn't feel it, so I must have been sleeping very lightly, and waking often.

It's probably (hopefully) just due to me having Thai for dinner last night. I'm not being daunted though because I know I'm not going to have 9 hours every night, and I'm not sure that I want that much sleep every night anyway. I'll be happy with 5-6 hours. Hopefully tonight I will just have a normal restful sleep night. Fingers crossed.

Not that this will make you feel any better but mine was crap too!  The milk (I think) combined with the unbelievably spicy dinner my daughter made had me running for the potty all night.  Milk never did agree with me  >:(  by the time morning rolled around I felt like I had been laying in bed for a week.  Sigh...........

Misery loves company :(. My sleep was crappy again last night too. WTF!!! 9 hours sleep one night and hardly anything for the next 2.

I have no idea what I want to do regarding the GVC. Maybe I'll keep doing it for another few days, but am I just delaying the inevitable? Maybe I should just stop now and take whatever punishment the Big V has in store for me just to get it over with ..... double sigh..

[move][shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]Etown Just Broke the 7 Milligram Barrier! 

Way to Go Etown!  Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!![/glow][/shadow][/move]

YAY E!! You Da Man!!

I have no idea what I want to do regarding the GVC. Maybe I'll keep doing it for another few days, but am I just delaying the inevitable? Maybe I should just stop now and take whatever punishment the Big V has in store for me just to get it over with

DP why not vape for a few more days? At least until your sleep returns? Then you can say you stepped off feeling okay and I bet the psychological boost will be big.

Just my thoughts, of course.

Okatz

Congrats, etown!!

eliz, sorry for your tummyache. Yes, what's a few more days?

So I was at about 100% crappy yesterday . . . I seem to have recovered somewhat and am hovering at 60% crappy. Hoping to feel better as the day goes on.

Okatz

I'm sorry for the 100% crappy Katz! It's just not fair. Hopefully tomorrow will be 0% crappy.

I have no idea what I want to do regarding the GVC. Maybe I'll keep doing it for another few days, but am I just delaying the inevitable? Maybe I should just stop now and take whatever punishment the Big V has in store for me just to get it over with

DP why not vape for a few more days? At least until your sleep returns? Then you can say you stepped off feeling okay and I bet the psychological boost will be big.

Just my thoughts, of course.

Okatz

Yeah, I think you've confirmed what I really need to do. What's a few more days - after 21 months....

Update #3

Okay, here's the lastest from GCV Central. Things are a bit crappy (gee I'm using that word a lot today). I blamed my bad sleep on Saturday night on having Thai for dinner, but last night was equally bad, and I even took 25mg of doxy. This whole benzo cycling thing just does my head in. I get fantastic sleep of 9 hours one night and then hardly anything for the next 2 nights. It's like my body is saying "Well I gave you 9 hours the other night. What more do you want? Ingrate!!!".

So, as per usual, I just have to go with the flow and hope that things will improve over the next few days/week. I will continue on with a dip and lick for the next few days, but I've decided I'm going to discontinue any supplements (eg melatonin) that I've been taking to try to help with sleep, because nothing seems to be consistant anyway. I'll keep using doxy or Endep though to help with sleep - if they help that is.

Day 1 (Friday) – 0.005mg (no melatonin – couldn’t sleep)

Day 2 (Saturday) – 0.003mg (1mg melatonin – slept well)

Day 3 (Sunday) – 0.001mg (no melatonin – couldn’t sleep)

Day 4 (Monday) – double dip and lick (no melatonin – couldn’t sleep – slight headache)

Day 5 (Tuesday) – double dip and lick (no melatonin – couldn’t sleep – slight headache)

Day 6 (Wednesday) – double dip and lick (no melatonin – couldn’t sleep – no headache)

Day 7 (Thursday) – single dip and lick (1mg melatonin – slept well – no headache)

Day 8 (Friday) – single dip and lick (no melatonin – slept great – 9 hours)

Day 9 (Saturday) – single dip and lick (Thai dinner – crappy sleep)

Day 10 (Sunday) – single dip and lick (crappier sleep)

DP it's crazy-making. There doesn't seem to be a discernible pattern. I'm sure you'll keep us updated. Good luck dipping and licking. I'm surprised that the melatonin isn't helping. But discontinuing all supplements might be the way to go. I'm actually surprised, too, that the doxy IS helping. I got doxy poop-out some time ago. I forget -- what is Endep? I think it's an Oz name for a US drug, no?

Okatz

Endep is an amitriptyline AD. I'm not sure if it's available in other countries, or if it's just an Aussie one. It's one of the sedating ADs anyway. I like to alternate it with the doxy, and I usually get a similar effect if I use the same mgs of either. I did take 1mg of melatonin last night, but it had no effect at all, so that's out the window.

I made a mistake above. It was actually the Endep I used last night, and I took 50mg which should have a similar effect as 50mg of doxy, but it didn't. I've used the Endep on and off for the last week, so tonight I need to switch to the doxy, but hopefully I won't need it.

Guess I'm fortunate enough be out of synch with the rest of the group on this one. Hope everyone gets a good night's sleep tonight.

Congrats etown on cracking the 7mgs barrier.

Thanks for the tip on the breathing technique peace. That's a good one.

Work week starts again tomorrow. I have another big training coming up and for some reason this one is making me feel anxious. Not sure why as this is the one thing that I can teach for weeks on. Trying to fit it in to two days is going to be a challenge. I guess as far as challenging things, that's not a bad one to have in benzoland.

Peeps with the sleep problems,

I want you to humor me and try alternate nostril breathing. I do it every night and the nights I don't, bad sleep returns.

Link:

http://www.yogajournal.com/health/2641?utm_source=MyYogaJournal&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=MyYogaJournal&utm_content=sidebar1link

(scroll to the bottom of the page if interested)

I'm going to give this a go tonight. Thanks Peace.

DP,

I haven't had a chance to congratulate you! You've made it!

I'm sure you have already covered this, but are you getting enough exercise? My sleep quality is definitely most closely tied with the amount of exercise I get that day.

Best,

Workin

DP,

I'm sure you have already covered this, but are you getting enough exercise? My sleep quality is definitely most closely tied with the amount of exercise I get that day.

Best,

Workin

As in you sleep better with exercise?

Why am I different? I'm worse after exercise with sleep unless I take a cortisol blocker

meh

Maybe it is because the exercise I did was high intensity..

I dunno

I just can't come to a satisfactory situation with exericse. It revs me up. That is all there is to it. I know there will be a time when it helps but at the moment what feels right is keeping everything settled and calm.

Calm smiff.. CAALLLMMM

[83...]
Sorry to all with sleep issues...Im falling asleep easily, just starting now to awaken at 4:30am  :tickedoff: Thinking about trying the doxy for first time tonight  :-\ or I can go with my usual remeron crumb. Im sooo busy today. I feel good, hiked 4 mi early morn. I think the afternoons will be when the shaat hits the fan, cuz I felt good last night after dinner. First thought this morning, "am I dizzy" and thank u higher power  :angel: no! Just some boaty/floaty...thats easy, I can handle that  ::) Good day to all.  ;D

Hmmm . . . the tai chi I do is about the only exercise I get. It definitely keeps me calm -- that's one of the reasons I do it, its meditative value. Classes plus practices. So I get about 8 hours of exercise a week. Not great, but it's all I can manage right now. Sad.

Okatz

[83...]
All must b busier than me today! Well, I loathe to admit this, but u r my confidants. I've just found a dried pile of cat vomit under my bed...from the looks of it, been there awhile. Have I let my housekeeping slide? Yep, u betcha...I've since wandered round the house looking in corners & nooks. Cobwebs & dust. I'm realizing I'm getting the basics done but nothing more. I vow to come back swingin tomorrow! I've got to clean my house! I'm sure U'd love a detailed acct of the cat puke clean up, but I will spare u, my friends!  :laugh:

Hi everyone, so my job made a glitch in the leave balance system and because of it I have to take 5 hours of LWOP on my next pay check. I have spoken to folks and they won't let up. They truly suck.

Praying that the 5 hours of pay will come to me some other way. May God have mercy on these people who are messing with me. I'm a great person and don't deserve this. Going through enough between W/D and other stuff  :'(

On top of the LWOP (leave without pay) there was an awful odor coming from under my desk. Sure enough...a dead mouse!

Ingrid...send your cat to my job!

I need a vacation!

[83...]

Sorry to hear of this LM. I hope it gets straightened out. Yes, I have 2 fur balls I can dispense immediately!!

Otherwise, how r ur sxs?

If I could get my balance back, get rid of the anxiety I have, some head pressure, leg weakness I would be pretty okay. Those are the worst sxs and the balance issue is almost non stop. Its strange because for about 30 minutes to an hour when I wake up I am pretty balanced and feel good then the balance gets tossed...it's off and on...I can't wait for it to return. Anxiety is not helpful.

In other words...these sxs suck!

Yes we can use some cats! And I work at a "lavish" performing arts center and we have mice!  :(

DP,

Best,

Workin

As in you sleep better with exercise?

Why am I different? I'm worse after exercise with sleep unless I take a cortisol blocker

meh

Maybe it is because the exercise I did was high intensity..

I dunno

I just can't come to a satisfactory situation with exericse. It revs me up. That is all there is to it. I know there will be a time when it helps but at the moment what feels right is keeping everything settled and calm.

Calm smiff.. CAALLLMMM

I totally agree with you Smiff, any kind of exercise revs me up too! I'm not liking this trend....I do best with those two words...settled and CALM...CALM...CALM...body and mind...CALM...OHMMMMMMMMMMM....

All must b busier than me today! Well, I loathe to admit this, but u r my confidants. I've just found a dried pile of cat vomit under my bed...from the looks of it, been there awhile. Have I let my housekeeping slide? Yep, u betcha...I've since wandered round the house looking in corners & nooks. Cobwebs & dust. I'm realizing I'm getting the basics done but nothing more. I vow to come back swingin tomorrow! I've got to clean my house! I'm sure U'd love a detailed acct of the cat puke clean up, but I will spare u, my friends!  :laugh:

Two things. Iggie...first, 4 o'clock is always my bewitching hour..like clockwork, no need to look at the clock. Always...second. You don't want to see my house, I'm not looking up or down right now, if it's not right in my line of vision it doesn't count :laugh: the house will be wait!  :laugh: