How many people HAVE to work while tapering

[et...]

[7d...]

Hi everyone! I love the idea of Vapor Caper and it sounds like a good way to go out, or maybe a better way to phrase that would be a good way to become totally benzo free. I guess mine will be called Crumb something or other, as I hope, (hope) to use pills the whole way. Anyone have a rhyme word we can use for us folks that may try a Crumb stoppage?!  :laugh: Or should it be Powder something or other?  :-\

Wow, yesterday, was a gift. I started my day early, with a 7mi hike. It was our monthly 7miler hike, and I wasnt gonna let my buddies down. We're fierce ladies who hike no matter the weather, or mental condition  :crazy: But I was actually sx free and energetic the whole time. Weather helped, 60s, like fall, and I felt so strong! I was happy all day, enjoying music immensely,(no house cleaning,however) and only had minor boaty/floaty in afternoon.  :thumbsup: Good day to all.

Hope E has done well on 6.  :)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [et...]

• [...]

• [dr...]

• [Sm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[7d...]

I was giving my son some advice, he's having difficulty in his first serious love affair. And I thought later, hmmm...that's good advice for me to take, as well:

Life has many, many twists and turns, and will throw many, many punches at you. Roll with the punches. Good is not always good, and bad is not always bad. Eventually, things will always sort themselves out. Develop your inner strength and resilience. It will serve you well.  :)

Hi everyone! I love the idea of Vapor Caper and it sounds like a good way to go out, or maybe a better way to phrase that would be a good way to become totally benzo free. I guess mine will be called Crumb something or other, as I hope, (hope) to use pills the whole way. Anyone have a rhyme word we can use for us folks that may try a Crumb stoppage?!  :laugh: Or should it be Powder something or other?  :-\

Wow, yesterday, was a gift. I started my day early, with a 7mi hike. It was our monthly 7miler hike, and I wasnt gonna let my buddies down. We're fierce ladies who hike no matter the weather, or mental condition  :crazy: But I was actually sx free and energetic the whole time. Weather helped, 60s, like fall, and I felt so strong! I was happy all day, enjoying music immensely,(no house cleaning,however) and only had minor boaty/floaty in afternoon.  :thumbsup: Good day to all.

Nice Iggie, seven miles!?!?! You are FIERCE :laugh: I'm having some serious backlash from my puny 1/2 mile walks...glad you had such a great day!  Good job on no cleaning...

1 mile is amazing enough but 7 miles is absolutely fantastic! You go Iggie!!!! I'm steadily praying for the symptom free day that will turn into a lifetime very soon!

send me good vibes and prayers I'm about to go into the meeting for my son. he gets speech therapy and he's about to be 3 years old next week so the school system takes over from that point on. praying for a productive and lo key meeting I'll keep you posted.

[7d...]

Thanks Saga you just gotta put one foot in front of the other...over and over and over again  :laugh:

LM Here's ur good vibes for today.  :smitten: I used to get sooo very nervous b4 any school meetings, parent/teacher nights, etc. I always wished for "lo key" as well.  :)

guess what everyone? the meeting went really well! I got a lot out of the meeting and was not a bit nervous or anything. the only thing that bothered me were the fluorescent lights!

I am more happy that my son is going to get a lot more services this coming fall :-)!

:thumbsup:

thank you all of the good vibes I love this group!!!

its so hard to go into work today it is absolutely gorgeous outside but if i dont go and I don't get paid.

guess what everyone? the meeting went really well! I got a lot out of the meeting and was not a bit nervous or anything. the only thing that bothered me were the fluorescent lights!

I am more happy that my son is going to get a lot more services this coming fall :-)!

its so hard to go into work today it is absolutely gorgeous outside but if i dont go and I don't get paid.

LM, you're not the only one that is bothered by fluorescent lighting. Kicks up my DP/DR everytime. Both the sound and the light really gets under my skin.

I really need to get back into exercising. A couple of days ago I drove into a gym parking lot that I'm thinking about joining, sat for a couple of moments in my car and then just drove out. But hey, at least that's a first step, right?

Hi guys,

I am starting to read this thread as I hope to return to work in a month's time.

I will not be done with my taper so I can learn from all you guys who taper and work.

Anyways just wanted to say hi, and hope I can contribute in the months to come.

Sister

Hi guys,

I am starting to read this thread as I hope to return to work in a month's time.

I will not be done with my taper so I can learn from all you guys who taper and work.

Anyways just wanted to say hi, and hope I can contribute in the months to come.

Sister

i see in your signature you have had absolute brutal wd symptoms.

could you elaborate, I think I also read you are working?

Such good news, LM!!

:smitten:

Thanks GMIT! The meeting was so great...I'm so happy to have services provided for my child that will help him out and I'm still in a good mood! PLUS...my boss is at meetings most of that day!

Oh happy day...oh happy day!!!!  :smitten:

A couple of days ago I drove into a gym parking lot that I'm thinking about joining, sat for a couple of moments in my car and then just drove out. But hey, at least that's a first step, right?

You're right jj. I sometimes drive into the pool parking lot and think about swimming again. Hmmph. I think I would be better off planning a walking program. Dunno. For now, tai chi 3 x per week is all I do. Not enough.

Okatz

A couple of days ago I drove into a gym parking lot that I'm thinking about joining, sat for a couple of moments in my car and then just drove out. But hey, at least that's a first step, right?

You're right jj. I sometimes drive into the pool parking lot and think about swimming again. Hmmph. I think I would be better off planning a walking program. Dunno. For now, tai chi 3 x per week is all I do. Not enough.

Okatz

I love Tai Chi...I try to do Yoga too. I started lifting 5 pound weights again last week. I just do (2) sets of 10 and will work my way back up. Crazy how I had more endurance during my taper and even right after the jump...month 2 I fell apart physically. But will slowly get back to walking more again, etc.

Iggy - I'm alright

Sister it will be great to have you along. Feel free to share your story so we all know what's up with you. You may well need this thread.

Mentor good to see you back.

etown

Hi all,

My story: a busy busy busy life (working full time, doing exercise, voluntary work, meeting up with friends etc etc) until last October and then BANG body collapses with big burnout.

Been prescribed Prozac but severe panic attacks within days. Stopped fluoxetine but panic got worse.

Prescribed Zoloft, Seroquel (50mg for sleep) and 15 mg diazepam.

Pdoc totally unsupportive in my taper, continuously saying that my symptoms were "my anxiety".

The last few dry cuts have been bad, but the last cut (0.75 to 0.5) has been awful.

After the Pdoc discharged me from his "services" the general doc was willing to give me liquid diaz.

I hope to stabilise and then continue a slow taper down.

And then I can go back to work i hope!!!

LM, you're not the only one that is bothered by fluorescent lighting. Kicks up my DP/DR everytime. Both the sound and the light really gets under my skin.

I really need to get back into exercising. A couple of days ago I drove into a gym parking lot that I'm thinking about joining, sat for a couple of moments in my car and then just drove out. But hey, at least that's a first step, right?

Hey JJ

I've done stuff like that. Maybe next time you can get out of your car and go on a tour of the gym before leaving. Small steps will work just fine.

Bart

Dust

Hi all,

My story: a busy busy busy life (working full time, doing exercise, voluntary work, meeting up with friends etc etc) until last October and then BANG body collapses with big burnout.

Been prescribed Prozac but severe panic attacks within days. Stopped fluoxetine but panic got worse.

Prescribed Zoloft, Seroquel (50mg for sleep) and 15 mg diazepam.

Pdoc totally unsupportive in my taper, continuously saying that my symptoms were "my anxiety".

The last few dry cuts have been bad, but the last cut (0.75 to 0.5) has been awful.

After the Pdoc discharged me from his "services" the general doc was willing to give me liquid diaz.

I hope to stabilise and then continue a slow taper down.

And then I can go back to work i hope!!!

Welcome Sister :)

Cuts below 2-1mg have been known to be brutal. Particularly if there is a fastish taper prior to them.

Stick around. I hope you can stabilise, slow the taper down to a rate that works for you and get back to work  :smitten:

Hi y'all

That is all I got

Welcome Sister,

Smiff is right in that the larger your cuts below 2mg the harder they seem to hit.  Some find they are not able to cut by .25mg at the low doses.  You may need to consider slowing down, making smaller cuts or holding longer.  Some of us did the liquid titration thing and others use a gram scale to make tiny cuts more frequently.  Whichever route you choose, I hope you start to feel better soon. 

Nice to hear from you again Mentor!

My daily update:

- Three days before my last actual cut I started feeling the tightness in the spot on my back just above my shoulder blades.  It was very minor and mostly just an annoyance like a sore muscle would be.

Day 1 of Vapor Caper - tightness there, no worse no better, sleep not perfect but not worse

Day 2 of Vapor Caper - no change

Day 3 of Vapor Caper - no change

Day 4 of Vapor Caper - no change

Day 5 of Vapor Caper - tightness did not start until late in the day and only lasted a little while, sleep was poor but not caused by benzo withdrawal.

Day 6 of Vapor Caper - tightness only for a little while in the evening, sleep pretty good

Day 7 of Vapor Caper - no tightness or side effects at all, sleep crappy but not caused by benzo withdrawal

Day 8 of Vapor Caper - no tightness or side effects at all.  I slept about 6 - 7 hours, not sure.

Day 9 of Vapor Caper - No tightness or side effects at all.  Sleep so/so but not horrible.  Stopped dipping the syringe now only stirring with the spoon and licking it off so 50% cut in Vapors.

Day 10 of Vapor Caper - No tightness or side effects at all.  Sleep pretty good.

I hope everyone had a good Hump Day and that the rest of the week is good.

Eliz

Thanks BMan. I actually considered the alternate day fuming. I did do a dip and lick this afternoon, but I might skip tomorrow and see what happens.

I've gotten really lazy though. Instead of dipping and licking my syringe, I'm using my finger now - less washing up...lol....

DP this thought popped into my mind as soon as I read your post -  Inky Stinky Valium Finger  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::idiot:  I hope you washed your hands first!  :2funny:

I have the giggles now and cannot stop!!!!!!!

[7d...]

Welcome Sister,

Smiff is right in that the larger your cuts below 2mg the harder they seem to hit.  Some find they are not able to cut by .25mg at the low doses.  You may need to consider slowing down, making smaller cuts or holding longer.  Some of us did the liquid titration thing and others use a gram scale to make tiny cuts more frequently.  Whichever route you choose, I hope you start to feel better soon. 

Nice to hear from you again Mentor!

My daily update:

- Three days before my last actual cut I started feeling the tightness in the spot on my back just above my shoulder blades.  It was very minor and mostly just an annoyance like a sore muscle would be.

Day 1 of Vapor Caper - tightness there, no worse no better, sleep not perfect but not worse

Day 2 of Vapor Caper - no change

Day 3 of Vapor Caper - no change

Day 4 of Vapor Caper - no change

Day 5 of Vapor Caper - tightness did not start until late in the day and only lasted a little while, sleep was poor but not caused by benzo withdrawal.

Day 6 of Vapor Caper - tightness only for a little while in the evening, sleep pretty good

Day 7 of Vapor Caper - no tightness or side effects at all, sleep crappy but not caused by benzo withdrawal

Day 8 of Vapor Caper - no tightness or side effects at all.  I slept about 6 - 7 hours, not sure.

Day 9 of Vapor Caper - No tightness or side effects at all.  Sleep so/so but not horrible.  Stopped dipping the syringe now only stirring with the spoon and licking it off so 50% cut in Vapors.

Day 10 of Vapor Caper - No tightness or side effects at all.  Sleep pretty good.

I hope everyone had a good Hump Day and that the rest of the week is good.

Eliz

Eliz you're done girl! What a gr8 example u r! Perseverance!  :thumbsup:

[7d...]

Dust

Eliz c'mon! I want a rhyme for it!  :laugh:

[7d...]

Thanks BMan. I actually considered the alternate day fuming. I did do a dip and lick this afternoon, but I might skip tomorrow and see what happens.

I've gotten really lazy though. Instead of dipping and licking my syringe, I'm using my finger now - less washing up...lol....

DP this thought popped into my mind as soon as I read your post -  Inky Stinky Valium Finger  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::idiot:  I hope you washed your hands first!  :2funny:

I have the giggles now and cannot stop!!!!!!!

:laugh:  :D