How many people HAVE to work while tapering

[et...]

I don't think I could ever conclude someone going on success stories was 'looking' for crap on BBs.

E posted something from their just a few pages back. Presumably there is helpful stuff there. I wouldn't know because I'm like JJ and a) have stumbled on bad there before b) am still tapering and don't want to think that far ahead.

If I was through my taper and looking for hope though I can imagine success stories being a place I might want to do that. With that in mind it should be a safe place.

I'm with you Smiffy! The Success Stories should be just that - successful and positive. It's not like

someone has gone looking for negative stuff. If you go to the protracted section, and then get scared by what you read, then you get what you asked for, but no one would think in their wildest dreams that going to the success stories would frighten them, but frighten them it does. Not cool!!!  >:(

agreed, whats the point of writing a success story if its not a 100 % success . ???

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [et...]

• [...]

• [dr...]

• [Sm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Iggie!

This is true...man you guys were busy last night!

On a serious note, one of the reasons I don't get too bent out of shape about a lot of this is sadly my up close view of brain damage from medicine and my personal experience recovering from 3 severe concussions.

Recovering from concussions is interesting isn't it Saga? I've never recovered from one till I did late last year. Would it have been as bad without the benzo w/d? Probably not, though I'll never know. I know women are more likely to get protracted concussion symptoms. It does give some perspective on the brain and perhaps makes some things less scary. At first it frightens one enormously to lose brain capacity. It feels so fundamental. It IS so fundamental. But then, even as you doubt it, you do heal...

Even 1 mg lower and I know I'm storing more connected memories than before. My hippocampus is working better integrating working memory and long term memory. That issue was mostly the side effects of the drugs rather than benzo w/d I think. Though benzo w/d does it too, as does concussion.

It must be even more interesting watching your daughter in law Saga.

Vagus nerve is having a come back in honor of magnificent brraaainnnnssss

http://robinvanderplank.co.za/resources/vagus%20nerve%20diagram.jpg

Hi by the way  :smitten:. I'm reading about transitivity. Trust me it is far more boring than it sounds. I am, however, possibly enjoying it despite myself. Perhaps I like the accomplishment more than anything.

I was being very weird last night not bumping this...BW invites weirdness, right? So yes, Smiff , I can imagine trying to recover from a concussion while in BW was no picnic..if fact there are so many similarities it's actually ridiculous. I do know once you've had a concussion you're far more susceptible to having more. The last one I was bedridden for several weeks, so I can't imagine dealing with both...

Yes, it was/ has been very interesting from my point of view to see my stepdaughter progress through the process. Of course she has some cognitive issues, but right now she's having a far better quality of life than me! It's wonderful to see how far she's come. I'm incredibly proud of her.

Thanks for bringing back the awesomeness of the vagus nerve!

My eyes are glazing over hearing about your subject matter, however...more power to you! I understand what you're saying about the lower levels and feeling the difference. I have to say that's been my experience as well, but I still can't read properly unless it's small paragraphs. The iPad wins versus print. Gotta love benzos, right! Onward with the passitivity! :smitten:

Saga

[a0...]

Eliz this is as close as I can get to ur  8) cat avatar-I call it "Frank n Sunshine"!!  :laugh:

So, I'm 50, staring down the barrel of menopause, now have an empty nest...heavens! Tapering a benzo now?!  :idiot: What am I thinking? But tapering I am, b/c if not now, when!? I've shored myself up, best as I can, keep on keepin on!  ;)

[a0...]
On the w/d sxs front, things r starting to look a little screwy & my inner ears feel weird. Arm weirdness has passed. I fear vertigo lurking- my nemesis. Higher power- :angel: give me strength, resilience...

DP I love bananas but hate milk - always have - but I swear its worth a try to get the sleep success you did!

Well, my good sleep pattern went totally out the window last night. I had one of those nights where I felt like I didn't sleep at all, but when I'd look at the clock something like an hour or two would have elasped, but it didn't feel it, so I must have been sleeping very lightly, and waking often.

It's probably (hopefully) just due to me having Thai for dinner last night. I'm not being daunted though because I know I'm not going to have 9 hours every night, and I'm not sure that I want that much sleep every night anyway. I'll be happy with 5-6 hours. Hopefully tonight I will just have a normal restful sleep night. Fingers crossed.

Not that this will make you feel any better but mine was crap too!  The milk (I think) combined with the unbelievably spicy dinner my daughter made had me running for the potty all night.  Milk never did agree with me  >:(  by the time morning rolled around I felt like I had been laying in bed for a week.  Sigh...........

Eliz this is as close as I can get to ur  8) cat avatar-I call it "Frank n Sunshine"!!  :laugh:

So, I'm 50, staring down the barrel of menopause, now have an empty nest...heavens! Tapering a benzo now?!  :idiot: What am I thinking? But tapering I am, b/c if not now, when!? I've shored myself up, best as I can, keep on keepin on!  ;)

That pic is hilarious!

Join the club Iggy.  I'm 50, in menopause, trying to be an emptynester but my daughter just won't leave  :laugh: and now dealing with post taper withdrawal.  Let's just start out the next 50 with a bang.  Surely nothing that we have to face from this point on will be as much of a challenge as this taper and by then we will have gained the strength to deal with anything!

On the w/d sxs front, things r starting to look a little screwy & my inner ears feel weird. Arm weirdness has passed. I fear vertigo lurking- my nemesis. Higher power- :angel: give me strength, resilience...

Iggie, just hang in there, I've always had the inner ear thing going on...it's uncomfortable but it doesn't always lead to vertigo, ok?  You're doing great...just saw Eliz's comment and I couldn't agree more!

DP I love bananas but hate milk - always have - but I swear its worth a try to get the sleep success you did!

Well, my good sleep pattern went totally out the window last night. I had one of those nights where I felt like I didn't sleep at all, but when I'd look at the clock something like an hour or two would have elasped, but it didn't feel it, so I must have been sleeping very lightly, and waking often.

It's probably (hopefully) just due to me having Thai for dinner last night. I'm not being daunted though because I know I'm not going to have 9 hours every night, and I'm not sure that I want that much sleep every night anyway. I'll be happy with 5-6 hours. Hopefully tonight I will just have a normal restful sleep night. Fingers crossed.

Not that this will make you feel any better but mine was crap too!  The milk (I think) combined with the unbelievably spicy dinner my daughter made had me running for the potty all night.  Milk never did agree with me  >:(  by the time morning rolled around I felt like I had been laying in bed for a week.  Sigh...........

I know you're ticked off but I'm impressed your daughter made dinner :laugh: hopefully you won't be dealing with the same issues tonight....

Hi Workers,

Today's update.  Ho Hum!

- Three days before my last actual cut I started feeling the tightness in the spot on my back just above my shoulder blades.  It was very minor and mostly just an annoyance like a sore muscle would be.

Day 1 of Vapor Caper - tightness there, no worse no better, sleep not perfect but not worse

Day 2 of Vapor Caper - no change

Day 3 of Vapor Caper - no change

Day 4 of Vapor Caper - no change

Day 5 of Vapor Caper - tightness did not start until late in the day and only lasted a little while.  sleep was poor but probably had more to do with the thunderstorm directly overhead and my daughters cat wailing in the hallway being a Skeerdy Kat, and not benzo withdrawal.

Day 6 of Vapor Caper  - tightness only for a little while in the evening.  Fell asleep between 10:30 pm and 11:00 pm, woke after 1 am, fell back asleep until after 5am

Over all, I feel no better and no worse than before I took my last dose which I am taking as a positive.

Day 7 of Vapor Caper - no tightness or side effects at all.  Sleep very crappy but I was and still am suffering digestive distress from a ridiculously spicy meal my daughter made. Guts grumbling and visiting the potty all night.  Boo!

If I am side effect free again today, I will stop dipping the syringe and continue on just stirring the spoon.  Today was going to be the last day, but when Bart said listen to your body and it will tell you when to stop he was right.  I feel the need to essentially make a 50% cut in the Vapor Caper before I stop altogether.  I am targeting August 1st to be my first benzo free day.

Eliz

I know you're ticked off but I'm impressed your daughter made dinner :laugh: hopefully you won't be dealing with the same issues tonight....

She takes after her mother and loves to cook so luckily, when I don't feel like dealing with cooking, she is happy to take over.  We live in Texas on the Mexican border and I am very used to spicy food so I am not sure why this would give me the trots.  I guess post taper sensitivity has to be respected.

[move][shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]Etown Just Broke the 7 Milligram Barrier! 

Way to Go Etown!  Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!![/glow][/shadow][/move]

Eliz- I am amazed by your ability to listen to your body, you are hearing even the whispers. Good for you! A few more days is absolutely nothing in the scheme of things. Sorry for your belly ache.

Yes Eliz, Peace is right...you are so good about listening to what you need. Those darn tummy triggering foods. Hope you feel better soon.  Can't blame you for trying the spicey meal...I love a meal with heat too. You live in a great part of the US for good food.  Mexican food...so many imitations out there. You Texans know how to make some great Mexican dishes. Dried chilies...lovely!

Congratulations again on your success. Dreaming of writing my benzo free story enabled me to get up and out this morning. It feels like so far away. Benzo time feels longer than regular time!

Sending love,

Carita

Yay to E town! 

Congrats, etown!!

eliz, sorry for your tummyache. Yes, what's a few more days?

So I was at about 100% crappy yesterday . . . I seem to have recovered somewhat and am hovering at 60% crappy. Hoping to feel better as the day goes on.

Okatz

[a0...]

Yes, congrats to E;D I would love to join him, be awhile tho.

Hoping all who had a crummy's night sleep will do better tonight.

I had a round a bout day...just going to various job sites, we have a tornado watch, unusual here, and had to batten down the hatches. Trying desperately to ignore the mounting signs of impending vertigo.

Saga thanks for ur reassurance that this may not lead to vertigo...I need to hear that. I gave myself quite the talking to, and to Val as well. "You held me down, but I got up, get ready cuz Ive had enough...you're gonna hear me.... ROAR"!!  :boxer:

[a0...]

That pic is hilarious!

Join the club Iggy.  I'm 50, in menopause, trying to be an emptynester but my daughter just won't leave  :laugh: and now dealing with post taper withdrawal.  Let's just start out the next 50 with a bang.  Surely nothing that we have to face from this point on will be as much of a challenge as this taper and by then we will have gained the strength to deal with anything!

Sure enough Eliz, sure enough. Next 50 will be a piece of cake.  :thumbsup: They say gettin old aint for sissies, well this benzo tapering aint for sissies either.  :highfive:

[a0...]

Congrats, etown!!

eliz, sorry for your tummyache. Yes, what's a few more days?

So I was at about 100% crappy yesterday . . . I seem to have recovered somewhat and am hovering at 60% crappy. Hoping to feel better as the day goes on.

Okatz

Okatz sending healing vibes ur way as well  ;) Be down to 30% crappy tomorrow, no 0%.  :)

Katz-healing wishes

Etown-great job!

After that acute like evening and a next day hangover from it I feel better.  My symptoms seemed to have lessened or changed.  While generally feeling unwell all the time I can function pretty well like this.  So I'm not enjoying life but I'm passing the days.  Hope this level sticks around or improves. 

I did run close to 15 miles this week which is huge!!!  My muscle soreness is much less.  Going for 9-15 miles this week or gym workouts.  I'm also meditating about three times per day.  The meditation is cumulative so I'm hoping to see greater and greater benefit.

Drew

Something in the air?

My sleep sucked too

And I had doxy. Still totally crap and waking feeling completely unrefreshed

Congrats E  :)

OK Ingrid!!

Ate dinner, feel fine!
Great!!!

But what's this I hear about your maybe sliding into vertigo? And btw is that the same as the benzo fluish dizziness feeling like you're going to fall over? Just wonderin'

Okatz

[a0...]
Omg, what can I say about vertigo? Or how to describe it's terrifying grip on me? It's the most profound sense of loss of control I've ever experienced. Vertigo is ironically, what led me to benzos. It's not just feeling dizzy...it's full on spinning & ur eyes go all wonky & u can't see. It can hit out of the blue & is incapacitating. Vertigo sent me into psychosis & the worst yr of my life so far. And it all began with a weird inner ear feeling. So Val has seemed to find my weakness & I must face it down if it visits me again.

Thanks gang there's a lot of water still to go under the bridge yet.

I jog when I feel great

I walk and jog when I'm ok

I walk when I'm so so...

And, I crawl when I feel like CRAP

But, I still get out and get some exercise. :thumbsup:

etown