The POSITIVE withdrawal thread.

[os...]

Awesome, I'm glad to see that Oscar's thread of positivity got resurrected. We need this kind of stuff in here.

Day 77 off Xanax - A very good day. Went to a career coaching seminar and experienced minimal anxiety. In general, feeling very positive lately. Things are improving dramatically. The tinnitus is coming less and less. Taking some supplements that really help with the brain fog. Can't complain. :)

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [os...]

• [Sk...]

• [lk...]

• [jo...]

Hi aDickTed.  That is great. Doing good at 77 days no xanax.  Myself,,,  miserable at day 89 today w/no xanax but post's like yours help keep me going.  Thanks  Nik

I love this thead :)

On a light note - one positive thing that I've discovered during this "journey", is that due to either cog fog or cognitive dysfunction........ I can re read all of my favorite books and re watch favorite movies because for the life of me, I can't remember what any of them were about....... Not kidding :)

Peace everyone -

Live

Still great days! My next dose reduction is the day after tomorrow.  About the sleep,.. I sleep well and have the vivid dreams but I kind of like the vivid dreams.  Glad you are doing well, Oscar!  :thumbsup:

Another wonderful day!  I hope this trend continues.

:thumbsup:

Feeling GOOD here today, will start tapering again tomorrow... ugh, it is nice to have a breather in between though, i am sleeping like a log and i had a great sleep last night.

Really weird and vivid dreams though.

Oscar

Another wonderful day!  I hope this trend continues.

:thumbsup:

Feeling GOOD here today, will start tapering again tomorrow... ugh, it is nice to have a breather in between though, i am sleeping like a log and i had a great sleep last night.

Really weird and vivid dreams though.

Oscar

:smitten:..love this, Oscar!! :smitten:

Hi,

I'm new to BenzoBuddies and would like to compliment all of you on this website.  I've been having horrific withdrawals since tapering off in June.  This website has made me think more positively than any other.  You are all correct in saying that if you think positive, the outcome is positive.  I already feel better today than any other day up to now.

Thank you all for your positive attitudes.  You've lifted a load off of me.

XOXOXOXOXOXO

Good things are happening!!!

I just thought i would post in here to say that life is getting better and better, i may still be tapering and an insanely slow pace BUT i have been thinking of the improvements lately and they have been huge.

I can have long conversations without getting too worn out.  :thumbsup:

I am laughing and smiling much more these days... not just at funny stuff either.  ;D

I am doing household chores more often and generally have far more energy than before, still nowhere near normal but i am doing more than i was even 3 months ago and what´s more is it comes naturally, i do not feel everything is an effort, this is HUGE. ;D

I am able to enjoy music and TV far more these days without any fog or discomfort.  :thumbsup:

I was in a bit of a demonstrative mood earlier and my ex said "He´s getting better, you can tell he´s getting all demonstrative again"  :laugh: (I am boss in this house!!!)  :laugh:

That actually made me pause and i recognized MY OLD SELF in that, it was a really cool moment for me.  8)  ;D

I am getting my old self back, it is super slow but if life carries on like this for the remainder of my taper, even on the days where i feel a bit of anxiety creeping back, or have mild headaches or whatever, just holding for a few days helps and i truly do think that as long as i navigate this next 1 mg of Valium equivalent carefully, i will be through the bulk of this taper and that will put me at just 2mg Valium, from what i have heard it gets easier at that point, it even says it on Wikipedia that the last 5mg´s of Librium is when withdrawals should be minimal, i will not jump at 5mgs but i do think that symptoms from that point and under will be truly manageable based on how much better i am now.

I do not read the withdrawal boards as much any more and i feel it has made a pretty big difference in how i feel, too many horror stories just trigger my fears and getting back to other things lately has been really good for me, i no longer feel my whole life revolves around this taper, i have been able to just get on with living and although still somewhat limited, i can actually say i do have a life back now, i may have wobbles again but i can see that this is doable now... i am actually able to put my thoughts into other things and it´s just brilliant to be getting my life back albeit slowly, it´s enough for me right now and i am starting to feel real hope and excitement as i taper more... i hope to pick the speed up a little here and there but whatever, i am cool with going with what my body dictates, i no longer feel it is a problem, i´ll get there when it´s my time... meanwhile life is no longer on hold and that feels great.

;D

Oscar

I had a GREAT day yesterday, definitely worth reporting.  NO morning depression, NO afternoon depression, NO panic attacks. Wow—lucky me.

All this despite spending all day long dragging books all over Manhattan to sell them in an effort to bring in some $ (unemployed for 5 months), being treated SO rudely at one bookstore—"DON'T put the books on the counter like that! You MUST NOT hand them to us one at a time!"—and never selling a single book (despite having REALLY rare books that sell for $100-$300 EACH on eBay and Amazon).

I just kept going.  "I AM a honey badger!"

In the afternoon I met with my vinyl buyer.  He was REALLY nice, and genuinely concerned that I still haven't found work.  He offered me $225 for the rare vinyl I had brought in (some pieces 40 years old). 

I said, "How about $270?"

He smiled, "OK," and wrote out the receipt. 

I need MORE honest, decent people like this in my life...kind people—VERY IMPORTANT RESOURCE FOR K WL.

A bit of a setback at 5:00 p.m. when I read an email from a company I did some work for last week that's dogged my hourly rate from $100 an hour to half minimum wage, and now they're contacting their attorney.

But in the evening I went out to the BRAND NEW comedy club in my awesome awesome NYC neighborhood. Just showing up and laughing and being nice to people—so important. No, they weren't cutting edge comics...so what. They are people struggling to become better performers.  Give them a hand!

Got home, GF brought home dinner (YAY!!!), and we talked and had some closeness together.  Very very grateful.

Went to bed WITHOUT extra TV episode OR dessert.

Good work on me!  So proud of my day yesterday.  :)

Thanks Oscar and all,I needed this NOW!!

Feeling very rough for a few days.I was so positive,it is this depression that kills me.

Please Pray for me!

We are all one step closer to being free of this drug!!!  I finally am going down from 1.75mg/day to 1.5mg/day tomorrow.  With a 0.25mg jump down, it isn't the sweetest feeling and the third day makes me feel like an old grump grouch, but after that, things get better a few days later.  At this pace, I will be able to quit in a few months! 

@Oscar:  Great thread!  i know you have been hearing that one allot, but it really is.  It is a thread above all other secular threads!  As a Christian, I like to post in the Faith/Philosophy Board, but I really like this thread the most, outside of the Faith/Philosophy board. 

@Everyone Else:  I know if we continue to think positive like this,.. We will indeed make it through all of this for sure! 

:thumbsup:  :)  ;)  ;D:yippee::hug::clap:

Its a new day and we are all one step closer to being free of this drug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Lisa

Good things are happening!!!

I just thought i would post in here to say that life is getting better and better, i may still be tapering and an insanely slow pace BUT i have been thinking of the improvements lately and they have been huge.

I can have long conversations without getting too worn out.  :thumbsup:

I am laughing and smiling much more these days... not just at funny stuff either.  ;D

I am doing household chores more often and generally have far more energy than before, still nowhere near normal but i am doing more than i was even 3 months ago and what´s more is it comes naturally, i do not feel everything is an effort, this is HUGE. ;D

I am able to enjoy music and TV far more these days without any fog or discomfort.  :thumbsup:

I was in a bit of a demonstrative mood earlier and my ex said "He´s getting better, you can tell he´s getting all demonstrative again"  :laugh: (I am boss in this house!!!)  :laugh:

That actually made me pause and i recognized MY OLD SELF in that, it was a really cool moment for me.  8)  ;D

I am getting my old self back, it is super slow but if life carries on like this for the remainder of my taper, even on the days where i feel a bit of anxiety creeping back, or have mild headaches or whatever, just holding for a few days helps and i truly do think that as long as i navigate this next 1 mg of Valium equivalent carefully, i will be through the bulk of this taper and that will put me at just 2mg Valium, from what i have heard it gets easier at that point, it even says it on Wikipedia that the last 5mg´s of Librium is when withdrawals should be minimal, i will not jump at 5mgs but i do think that symptoms from that point and under will be truly manageable based on how much better i am now.

I do not read the withdrawal boards as much any more and i feel it has made a pretty big difference in how i feel, too many horror stories just trigger my fears and getting back to other things lately has been really good for me, i no longer feel my whole life revolves around this taper, i have been able to just get on with living and although still somewhat limited, i can actually say i do have a life back now, i may have wobbles again but i can see that this is doable now... i am actually able to put my thoughts into other things and it´s just brilliant to be getting my life back albeit slowly, it´s enough for me right now and i am starting to feel real hope and excitement as i taper more... i hope to pick the speed up a little here and there but whatever, i am cool with going with what my body dictates, i no longer feel it is a problem, i´ll get there when it´s my time... meanwhile life is no longer on hold and that feels great.

;D

Oscar

:thumbsup:  So great!  You're doing so well Oscar.  Don't worry about the taper being slow.  You are very, very fortunate to have tapered so much Librium and feel as well as you do, keep up the good work. 

I've got some of my energy back the past few days, been able to take nice walks out in the beautiful fall weather. 

I'm almost halfway done, and I've seen so many sxs come and go.  My taper is extremely slow now, but at least I can sleep and laugh and joke and cry and enjoy books and music and movies.  I can love on my boys, cook really good meals, clean my house, and visit my relatives.  Tapering at my own pace is so incredibly important. 

Hi delightful BB's,

Oscar, at the risk of sounding redundant..I echo Skyzone, this is a great thread, and I super love that you started it! Just reading from your last post to here, has elevated my mood . Awesome!  :thumbsup: ps, I got a blender yesterday. :)

I love love love reading about how much better you are feeling. I am so glad your "demonstrative" self back. LOL. This does not surprise me one bit, friend.  ;) I actually applauded from my couch (where I now spend all of my computer time...which is just about all of my time. lol) You so deserve a break in all of this. My heart is swelling with enthusiasm for you. Huge hug!

Sagemom. Hi! Long time no see friend. I need to pop over your thread see whats up. :)

Woe...I had to look up 'paragon'. Incredible word. I am going to incorporate it into my vocabulary. Thank you for that little gift by way of ubber huge and well deserved compliment to senor oscar!

Booklight....your day reads like a movie. I love your positive attitude.

Thanks for the smile everyone.  ;D Carry on!

Sarah :smitten:

Hi Oscar... Love this thread also! :)  Oh Oscar.... so very happy reading your post..  Yes, Oscar has returned!  Laughing.. getting back to your old self!!  Hooorray!  Hugs. Pattylu :thumbsup:

A G O O D thing...the odd sensation I've been getting in my hands and forearms...maybe called parathesia..has diminished over the past few days...

of course as soon as I type that the imp in the back of my benzobrain pipes up..."oh yeah?  we'll see about that!" 

Good news. The cognitive deficit does improve! A couple of months ago my brain was concave. I was unable to read books, I could barely hold a conversation, let alone have any ability to reason. So when I had to make an entrance examination for logic programming yesterday, I was more than nervous (also because it was something completely new for me). But it went OK, I passed the test.

I do still have that particular imp saying it won't last, but I guess this thread is about silencing him out.

Good news. The cognitive deficit does improve!

Totally! First-hand experience.

It's a long, slow road coming off 4mg of K a day, and for me tapering off Zoloft at the same time means major depressions every day, but I LOVE being able to think again. It's amazing.

Good day today.  My first day on 1.5mg/day from 1.75mg/day for 2 weeks.  A little nervous, but nothing I can't handle though.  Hope all is well with all of you.

Congrats, gettingthere—that is awesome!

Yesterday, for the first time in months, I wasn't hit by my daily depression(s) until 7:30 p.m.  It's the longest I've been depression-free (14 hours) during a day in two or three months. That's huge for me.