The Klonopin Klub

[re...]

Njoy - I don't think you're a mean person.  I find myself very angry much of the time over small things.  Sometimes it feels like it's eating me alive and I can't control the things coming out of my mouth as a result.  Everyone here seems to have a great capacity for compassion... we're just a little unhinged right now.

The depression seems to have set in.  I suspect it has more to do with lowering my dose of estrogen, but the withdrawal doesn't help... especially when I feel too weak and am in too much pain to get the kind of exercise I need to battle depression.  I know it will pass.  Just hope it's soon.  :'(

• Replies 31.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [ca...]

• [NY...]

• [In...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NJoy, you are not mean.  I've noticed you always try to be nothing but helpful to others.  :)

Just a question about tapering Clonazepam:  I just recently resumed my taper.  This is my 3rd day at .8120 and I was nauseous this morning off and on.  Not real bad, just mildly.  Is it ok to adjust my dosage.  In other words, I was dosing 3 times in a 24-hour time period, with the highest dose at nighttime.  Was thinking of reducing night dose by .125, and adding a 4th dose of .125 to my daily schedule, later in the afternoon.

Or should I just stay at my current schedule of  dosing 3 times a day?  The other 2 cuts, I had the nausea on the 3rd day as well.  Maybe it's just a one-day things during each taper. 

Any input would be appreciated.

DG- I wouldnt change to 4 doses a day simply because it sounds too complicated and if you missed one it would throw you for a loop. Whenever I start feeling bad my impulse is to change something. I have to remind myself to ride the wave, stick to the plan... whatever... a lot.

Njoy is not mean! Njoy is great!

SkyZ- havent been able to get you off my mind today. You are going to make it. You are fine. I think it is because I know it was not long ago at all that you were doing really well and I want you to hold on to that and get through this temporary problem.

thanks all for your kind words... but hopeful, its no secret... I def. overreacted.  :D  Disney Girl:  i have found there to be some benefit to keeping doses right on time and equal.. but I have not had any serious problems when I needed to take less during the day so I could get a little extra boost to sleep at night.  I no longer rely on K for sleep but it was an issue for awhile.  Dienocote:  I'm , cracking up laughing, " we're all a little unhinged right now."  Yep. ;)  Today I was all in tears over nothing.  Did make it to the doc all by myself today and went into a restaurant by myself for the first time since last Nov.  :clap:  Things are getting better.  I still have awful days...yesterday...did not get out of bed...had the meltdown in the middle of the night the other day and still get some fearsome headaches... traveling shooting nerve pains but on the whole.. lots and lots "is" better!  Ordered the hitch for my new car and will be on the water by next week. 8)

Sky,

Hang in there.  So sorry it is bad for you right now.  Others who have had hives often had them disappear as quickly as they appeared.

You are in my prayers.

Thanks NJoy!

Thanks JustKeepSwimming!

Sky, hope your hives clear-up soon.  That must be miserable.  You poor thing. :(

SkyZ- havent been able to get you off my mind today. You are going to make it. You are fine. I think it is because I know it was not long ago at all that you were doing really well and I want you to hold on to that and get through this temporary problem.

Thank you for that.  I have to tell myself this is temporary and that my symptoms can't possibly keep getting worse and worse.  I sure hope not.  The pain in my muscles and joints now is almost so severe that I feel like someone opened my body up and crushed my muscles and ligaments all up. ugh!

-SZ-

Sky I sure hope you get to feeling better really soon! I hate you are going thru this difficult time. You will be and have been in my thoughts and prayers... Hang in there.

Imsaved

Hi everyone Just checking in. Love that alot of folks have jumped but hate to hear some of you are having alot of wd sx's. Please hang in there! I want you all to know I'm here for you if you need an ear. I can't help alot because I am still learning myself but all you guys are in my thoughts and prayers... I am a good listener tho. I know I have needed you guys before and you have been there for me. Words can't express what that means to me. I hate that all of you have to go thru this but I'm glad to know I'm not alone in this sea of wd. The loneliness we sometimes feel while going thru this is simply the pits. Most folks don't have a clue what we go thru unless they have walked a mile or two in our shoes!!! That is what I love about BB. All you guys know what most of us face ea day and I just don't know what I would do without you guys and BB. Be good to yourself and remember I do have good ears even with the tinnitus... and looping sound... and all kind of other wd sx. That is one thing about cyber space we can write, and write, and write and that does seem to help me sometimes.

Imsaved

Laelani, Deinoncote, Elwood, Terraform, Disney Girl, JKS, Mogeii, Jerrycarl, Jaxnj, Njoy, HPC, Hopeful2, Frus, Skyzone,  (Hope I haven't left anyone out) and everyone at BB and K club are in my thoughts and prayers Please remember me as well Thanks guys!!!

Cold turkey off Klonipin 2mg three times a day

A month later found a Dr to listen and started me all over on Klonipin (2mg three times a day)

Since I had been without it anyway started out on 3mg a day (1mg three times a day)

First taper to 2.5 mg a day Couldn't handle it (1mg twice a day 1/2mg once a day)

Went up to 2 and 3/4 pill a day ( 1mg twice a day 3/4 mg once a day)

Down to 2 and 1/2 pill again Please pray ( 1mg twice a day and 1/2 once a day)

Down to 2 pills a day ( 1mg twice a day)

I've been having flashbacks for the past week or so now.  They've been getting progressively worse.  They're always about my hospitalization last summer.  I had a very adverse reaction Xanax, causing mood disregulation.  You know how they always say in commercials for Chantix and Abilify how the medication can cause suicidal thoughts and strange behavior?  I think that's what they're talking about.  All benzos have the same potential side effect.  It was the worst thing that's ever happened to me.  It was also how I figured out I didn't want to be on Xanax, and consequentially, any benzos.

Anyway, I don't know why it hit me yesterday, but the wave continues today.  I'm bracing for it to last at least another week.  I wouldn't describe it as acute, but it really sucks.

SkyZ - good description for the body pains.  I often times feel pummeled, but more often it's shooting pains in my joints.  They can make my limbs go dead.  It's very bizarre.

Everyone hang in there.  Sometimes when you get a bad flu bug you don't know if it will last five days or ten.  But we know we'll get better and we stick it out.  The incredible fear we feel in w/d wants to convince us that we're stuck this way, but everyone heals eventually.  So take good care of yourselves! 

[bb...]

Hello everyone.

I have been on clonaepam since Feb 23rd (0.25 + 1mg daily). Started tapering at the beginning of May. After getting down to 0.25mg I started with 0.0675mg taper every 7 days. I am now at 0.125. I am planning on making one more cut ( down to 0.0675) and then jump off. Wanted to check if you think it is a safe dose to jump off of after approx. 5 month use. My main symptoms so far have been insomnia, mild anxiety, fatigue, mental fog and stomach problems. All of them tolerable. Thanks in andvance for all your feedback, cheers

Hey everyone! I am now down to .5 mg of Klonopin. Doing a daily mini taper. Just wondering when you all jumped? What dosage were you on? I know .5 is way too high, just curious when is the "recommended" time? Thank you!

Jaxie,

I think this jumping time really varies. I think I read that Hope1962 jumped at .043 mgs of K. That can be verified by going to her posts or maybe she'll comment.

But .043 mgs of K is equivalent to .86 mgs of Valium, so many believe you can jump safely at under 1 mg of V. Others prefer to taper down to essentially zero before jumping which isn't a big jump at all.

I think it's individual, but I'd at least consider that idea of being under 1 mg V equivalent.

Intend

Jaxy, I've heard that .02 is a good place to jump from.  I'm at .06 now.  Getting there  :)  I've seen .01.  I think the thing to consider is how much you can w/std if sx escalate after you jump... I'm taking it down to at least .02 because i really don't want to have to reinstate because I tried to do too much, too fast.

You  think Gemini Scale Co wants to do a commercial. :D :D :D  but, yes, taking it down, slowly and carefully, seems, from everything I've read and experienced, a working a plan.  I don't have a whole lot longer to go so ... we'll see. 

Hi jaxie,

I did a milk titration taper, 1ml. daily reductions. I reduced all the way to zero. Even with that, I still have sx. Not terrible ones, but they are there. I agree that slow is better. I was anxious to finally be done tapering, it came soon enough. I am very glad I didn't rush things because I am so tired of sx and wouldn't want them to be any worse or last any longer  because I jumped to soon. Good luck!

hopeful2013

Jaxie - everyone seems to jump from a different dose.  I think it depends on how you feel and what you feel you can handle.  I was initially planning to go down to 0.01, but found I could go much faster as I reached the end of my taper.  Go with your instinct - I don't think it will steer you wrong.

Loquita - that sounds like a very reasonable plan, based on your history.  If you're nervous about it, tho, it wouldn't hurt anything to add another cut.  But I understand the desire to be done.  I probably could have done a couple more cuts at the end, but just got tired of it.

I'm doing quite a bit better today than yesterday, although not ready to get off the couch full time.  I hope I'm through the worst of it and will have a nice weekend.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hello KK friends,

I am down to .13 and when reading your numbers wish I were further along; however am happy for you.  I had to slow down as I was not doing well and also need to be well for the upcoming move and weddings all in August.  Expect to be at .12 mid August and .1 mid September and can crawl down from there.  My hope is to be off by or before Christmas. 

wishing you all wellness,

Flutterbye

As I read around the different forum topics here at BB, I see that the most commonly listed

problem with tapering is tapering too fast and having to either "hold" or reinstate an old

dose, and jumping too fast (at too high a dose) and experiencing various versions of hell.

So, the logical conclusion would be:  there's no such thing as tapering too slowly or jumping

at too small a dose. 

Impatience is my issue.. I want OFF THIS POO-POO!!  But, as bad as I want off NOW, I

am learning in here that I'd better just slooooooooww down and chill with it.. just not push

it, but stay steady with one big rule:  never go back to an old dose. <----------- that rule

means having a "sub-rule" of:  never cut a dose unless I'm feeling fine and know I'm ready.

Please forgive me, I know I'm new here, but I did feel the need to say that.. I know we're

all different in tolerance, etc.  But, that's the way I see it. 

- Jerry

That you everyone for your helpful input. Thank you also for giving the conversion to Valium. You are all soooo helpful!

The main reason I ask is because I am in pain, not sure if it is wd sxs or not but I may need to have implants taken out of my ankles. The pain is getting bad. I don't want to undergo surgery until I am off though, plus want to make sure it is not wd causing it.

Thanks again my fellow BB's!!

Thanks, jerrycarl. You've caught on right away to what took me some unpleasant lessons to learn. Never going back to an old dose [if you mean never updosing] is a pretty rigid rule. IMO, updosing is a useful taper tool, if used carefully.

Aweigh

What up guys I'm almost done with my taper.  :D

Have you guys experienced acne during your taper/use? I probably had like 10 pimples from age 12-22 but now I'm getting them all the time on my forehead and back. The "bacne" is the worst!

If that's my only symptom then I can deal with it...I just hate acne it grosses me out lol

It is so nice to see so much progress going on with everyone's taper.  :)  You all inspire me.

I am starting to feel better.  I suppose it it was a wave I went through or am still kind of going through.  The muscle and joint pain are just unbelievable when that happens and the hives...  :crazy:

-SZ-

SkyZ - so glad you're feeling better! 

I'm doing better today, too.  Still have the benzo flu pretty bad, but my mood is good and the sxs always seem improved when my mood is good.  Maybe the sxs are improving, though.  I hope to feel a lot better tomorrow!

About dose corrections, or up-dosing: After my original dose correction, I made it my goal to never have to up-dose again.  What I've read is that multiple tapers and reinstating can lead to kindling.  I think this can apply to up-dosing as well.  I'm very glad I did up-dose, but I strongly suspect that it can complicate a withdrawal.  The dose correction didn't erase my sxs, it just allowed me the comfort and confidence to move on.  I think up-dosing is very risky and it's much safer to slow down if you're feeling bad.  I don't know this for sure, it's just a strong suspicion.  The Ashton Manual suggests that a steady, gradual decrease in blood level is the best way to go.

Terraform... I've had various degrees of horrific acne throughout this as well, without much previous experience with it.  Especially on my back.  It's really gross.  Whenever I scratch my back, I scratch a bunch of blackheads off.  :sick:  Sorry if that grossed anyone out.  But I'm glad you said something about it.  I started a thread and didn't get any responses from people with similar issues.

At one point my hair was falling out in handfuls, I had horrible, grey skin and my finger and toenails turned blue in the evenings, like really bad thyroid problems.  I think this was in March.  But I wasn't gaining weight rapidly yet at that point.

Oh, and I went to the ER once because I thought I was dying of ulcers.  It turned out to be very bad malabsorbtion.  It was so painful, I thought for sure I was dying.  Weird, weird stuff in this whole process.

My stupid endocrine system... it was a problem before all this.  :sick:

(I like using this emoticon ---->  :sick: because it represents how I feel frequently)

Aweigh, you're right - the dose correction was invaluable to me.  But I think it should be a last resort, not a tool in the toolbox.  I just don't want to be flip about it because I think it can be dangerous.  :)

[93...]