The Klonopin Klub

[re...]

Good morning K Klub,

Greetings and Welcome to the new people. What one might consider to be a small dose or a small cut is very deceiving when it comes to K. I didn't understand this either until I found out what the equal amount of valium to K was. Then I was shocked and tiny cuts made all the sense in the world. Keep reading how others have done it and asking questions. You will find your way. Be patient, this will take time, but can be done.

As for myself, Jumped on the 1st, feeling stronger sx. Mostly benzo flu, headaches, nausea, anx. upon waking. All my sx I have had before, nothing new cropping up. I'm tired of feeling crappy, but still functioning.

I will be going out of town for a long week-end with family to my Dad's lake home. I plan to take my sx. out on my floater and relax them away, ha! My brother will have good tunes playing down at the dock and my granddaughter will be full of excitement to be in the lake. You couldn't ask for more DISTRACTION from sx.

It's tough BB's but try to keep distracted. I really hope you all can find some joy every day. Be proud of yourself for taking up this challange. :thumbsup:

As always... prayers for all of you

hopeful2013

• Replies 31.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [ca...]

• [NY...]

• [In...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey hopeful,

have a wonderful, relaxing time!

I like what you wrote about relaxing your side effects away...that's beautiful.

Have a peaceful and gently fun time,

my best,

Ig

and a very happy Independence Day to all.  Hopeful... it was so good to hear nothing new popped up.  I'm taking that to mean sx were not worse than you'd experienced in the past.  I have some mental stuff (well, yeah) and its tolerable now but if it were to get worse, I'd be worried about me.  To those just starting to figure this out... don't get impatient... slow and careful will get you there.  I mowed my lawn today... terrible ax afterward but its mowed for the holiday!  Sad to say, I could not bring myself to go into the grocery store to pick up some things... "progress is drops of water in a bucket."_  >:D  :happybday:America  Njoy    and to those I saw worried about PO... he was getting some well deserved sleep.  I saw a post from him  today :)

Hi Guys Just checking in to wish you all a Happy Fourth (well 3rd and 4th today) Hope all you guys are doing great Had a Dr appoint today and done well Ask about phenergan for nausea and she ordered it Sure hope it works I am down to 2mgs a day from 6mg so guess I'm doing ok... but I do look forward to 9pm when I can take it again Ain't gonna lie... Is this normal coming off this stuff? My stomach is anxious Gosh that sounds stupid but it is It feels like it is groaning for my next dose  :crazy: I know! Did anyone else feel this way? It makes me wonder what coming off it completely will be like....

Hope all you guys have a wonderful day without any sx and clear heads

Imsaved

Cold turkey off Klonipin 2mg three times a day

A month later found a Dr to listen and started me all over on Klonipin (2mg three times a day)

Since I had been without it anyway started out on 3mg a day (1mg three times a day)

First taper to 2.5 mg a day Couldn't handle it (1mg twice a day 1/2mg once a day)

Went up to 2 and 3/4 pill a day ( 1mg twice a day 3/4 mg once a day)

Down to 2 and 1/2 pill again Please pray ( 1mg twice a day and 1/2 once a day)

Down to 2 pills a day ( 1mg twice a day)

Hey all,

So, I'm supposed to taper, but I just got into major wave.. very bad timing again like last time.

Well, I think Tylenol is triggered my wave this time and when I think about it.. happened many times before. Had major migraine and took Tylenol.. didn't help made it worse. Took more next day(yesterday). didn't help either. Today I'm having my 8 of 10 typical withdrawal symptoms. And I'm very agitated and angry for no reason. Mother visited me today and talked about her problems and I almost freaked out and had panic attack. I can't listen to peoples problems at times like this. Then I get sad later when I think how much I have whined about my problems to my mother but I can't listen her problems.. almost makes me cry when I think about it.  :'(

HPC

HPC I know exactly how you feel I usually am so sympathic with other people when they have problems but to be honest right now I just soon not hear it. I hate that to, because I like to feel like I do have a big heart and I usually do but sometimes now it gets to be a little much when someone else complains. All you guys here know what I'm going thru and I can sit and read your post all day long but to have someone complain that doesn't have a clue what we are going thru almost makes me sick. So sorry you had to listen to that but don't feel guilty I think all of us go thru that while going thru wd. I have a couple of family members who are pretty sick right now and I just almost cringe if the phone rings and it is from them. I guess if you look ok you are suppose to feel ok but sometimes we just don't... You hang in there tho I hope and pray your sx subside quickly!

Imsaved

A month later found a Dr to listen and started me all over on Klonipin (2mg three times a day)

Since I had been without it anyway started out on 3mg a day (1mg three times a day)

First taper to 2.5 mg a day Couldn't handle it (1mg twice a day 1/2mg once a day)

Imsaved, "I guess if you look ok you are suppose to feel ok"

Very well said. This is exactly how I feel sometimes. So if I whine to my mother about my problems for 3 days and then don't for a week. She is gonna forget that I had problems and get mad when I get mad or angry or whatever.. sigh.. She understands me to some level but she can't fully because you just can't if you haven't been in benzo withdrawal. I'm calm and listen to her one day and next day I just can't do it and say something stupid I don't mean and then she gets offended or something and I feel 10 times worse the whole night. It's so tiring sometimes. I just want to be left alone sometimes but then I get bothered 10 times more..  ??? But I feel shame that I said some stupid things to her... damn this benzo head sometimes  :tickedoff:  :idiot:

Anyway thanks Imsaved for writing reply

Hpc

Symptoms.. the phrase I saw earlier in the taper thread was, "..interdose withdrawals.."

That rang a truth with me as I taper.. the feelings that I was having that got me

prescribed this stuff would return.. mildly compared to that fateful day in Sept of '12.

Now it's a fear in the background all the time.. but hasn't jumped out at me as I fear.

Maybe in dreams a bit... but I'm better. 

Other symptoms as I taper:  ear ringing (always had that but it's just plain LOUDER

now).. "weird feeling" through whole body, hard to describe, a sick, unnatural physical

feeling.. no g.i. stuff.. no muscle pain or anything like that as I exercize a LOT.. memory

loss on the short term, as in "why did I just get up and come in here into this room?"

That's about it. 

HPC Awww You don't have to thank me Been there done that! Probably lost family and friends because of it but if they really care they will be back! THERE I go feeling like I wrote the wrong thing or something See I'm just like you if I even write something I think they wouldn't like I have regrets> Now is that weird or what? I know no one knows me on here or none of my family even cares at this point so why do I think it's going to hurt them. They don't even know about BB that I know of unless they were on them and was like me lucked up and found this place and then they still wouldn't know who I am. :'( Gosh Benzo's are awful  :'(  You hang in there tho If you ever need an ear I'm in and out of here all the time besides God I don't know what I would of done without BB Try to think positive!!!!

Imsaved

Hi Trying - yes, I am finding that tapering from .25 mg k to .125 mg has been worse than coming down from the higher doses.  I seem to feel every 'little' cut and I am really tapering slow.

I read above about feeling angry and unable to cope with others' problems very much.  I have gone this route during the past month and have been feeling such a deep anger about things in life, things that occurred in the past that have surfaced, etc.  I always feel bad later about lashing out at family. Hope this phase passes soon.

Enjoy the holiday all -

Hi Ellen Don't be to hard on yourself. I find that in wd we are extremely hard on our own selves. Try to remember these feelings will pass. It's awful sometimes but anger is an emotion and I feel our emotions play a big part while going thru wd. Emotions seem to be intensified in wd or at least they are with me. I can cry at the drop of a hat (as the saying goes) but try to just go with the flow as easy as you can and remember we are human We all have emotions! Hang in there Be good to yourself Goodness I can't believe I'm telling someone else to do that! The truth is I feel exactly the way you do at times but Please know I'm here if you need an ear because tomorrow I may need an ear too!

Imsaved

Progress update-

Finally found a shrink that understands withdrawal process.

Switched over from .875 of k nightly to now all Valium.

Not easy- as I cut align the way- severe boughts of dp. Currently on 5 mg V at night and 4 mg V during day-

All Valium for week and a half now..

So depending on which potency table you believe I am either now at .45 of K equivalent or at the same equivalent dose I was on when I started switch.

Lets hope for a better ride down from here.. Following Ashton

Thank you, Imsaved, for your kind words.  I'm here for you too - and anyone else who needs an ear!

Enjoy the holiday!

Ellen

Mark Murphy I pray you have a great ride from here on out also! You hang in there. Ellen hope you and Mark and all the folks here at BB have a Great Fourth of July without sx of wd and clear, clear minds!

Imsaved

The God who gave us life gave us liberty at the same time. –Thomas Jefferson

Ugh, I just can't keep up with this thread.  :(  I'd like to address you all, but don't have the time or short-term memory!

Hopeful - I don't know what trend your withdrawal follows (if it does) but I always start to feel better in week 2 after a cut.  This seems to be the case in jumping.  I had a bad day yesterday, but I'm doing much better today.

Nothing during titration was anywhere near as bad as the acute withdrawal in following a doctor's taper plan.  :sick:  I've spent a lot of days on the couch, but I still have a life.  I'm finally getting back to the gym - still getting bad shooting pains in my major joints, but my strength is coming back so it's not so debilitating.  And it doesn't feel like someone is jabbing needles into my hamstrings when I stretch (that was really weird).  My mood was really unstable yesterday, but it's much improved today.  I've gained a lot of weight with no good explanation, but I'm confident it will come off quickly once my brain is healed.

Someone mentioned the frustration of hearing their mother's problems, but I can't recall whom.  :idiot:  You're not alone - I've struggled a lot with friends and family.  Especially my mom, who thinks she experienced withdrawal with me.  I know it was hard for her seeing me suffer, but it's so presumptuous to think she has any inkling of understanding for what I've been through, it blows me away.  And it kinda makes me mad that she feels that way.  Benzo withdrawal is so out of the realm of normal human experience.  I was once someone who had not experienced w/d, and now I'm someone who has.  So I can understand both standpoints.  The person who has not experienced withdrawal CANNOT fathom what we are going through or what we have been through.  I often can't even control what's coming out of my mouth because of the emotional configuration of my brain.  It's like watching myself from the outside because I don't have control.  Under normal circumstances, I'm very in control of how I express my emotions, so this has been very frustrating.  Anyway, I'm done ranting.

A windowful, slow taper and best of luck to everyone.  Happy Fourth!

Hey Deinoncote Happy 4th to you as well. Went thru that just today with my daughter Bless her heart She doesn't have a clue and I pray she never has to find out. But saying that sometimes I feel I need her support and just don't get it like I should or could. Then again she has her own life Gosh am I confused or what?????? I get angry then I feel forgiveness Then sadness Then acceptance Only to find sometimes it's all a vicious circle  This wd stuff is so crazy  :crazy: Does exercise help you? I mean to kinda clear your mind and if so what do you do esp when the sx are really bad? What kind of exercise etc! Hang in there tho You are doing good  :)

Imsaved

"Especially my mom, who thinks she experienced withdrawal with me.  I know it was hard for her seeing me suffer, but it's so presumptuous to think she has any inkling of understanding for what I've been through, it blows me away.  And it kinda makes me mad that she feels that way.  Benzo withdrawal is so out of the realm of normal human experience.  I was once someone who had not experienced w/d, and now I'm someone who has.  So I can understand both standpoints.  The person who has not experienced withdrawal CANNOT fathom what we are going through or what we have been through."

Deinoncote, very wise words ! Thanks you for that. I feel 100% same way. though I'm only "half" way done with this tapering.

But yeah, as of today I officially take ONLY 1mg of Clonazepam. At February I took 1.625mg still and started this monthly+ schedule.

Been thinking today about the past years.. just HOW have I been ignoring the fact that I take benzo and was ignoring thinking about future all these years.. I think I'm so lucky I found out the cause of my problems and how lucky YOU ALL are that have found that pills needs to go away to get better. I still don't know what to wait from my future.. I just get this feeling that IF AND WHEN I someday feel good and all this benzo stuff is behind me.. I'm so going to go and travel around the world and just enjoy LIFE. How anything in life can be hard or scary if you do the most hard thing one can do and that is quit benzos. Ok, I think I'm thinking too much ahead.. First I need to get through this incoming wave in few days. Last one was hardest yet.. let's see whats next.

Anyway just wanted to say hello.  :smitten:

HPC

Hey Klub,

I posted on withdrawal support forum and was told I should maybe get some info in here. I hope someone can help.  I was on .25 K for about a month. Doc finally found out how addictive it is so suggested I get off. Doc wanted me to stay on the .25 for 6 more weeks, but just to skip a day the first week, then skip 2 days the next week, and so on. After looking at the Ashton manual, I didn't think her withdrawal method would work. Saturday I went to .125 and all was fine, except for some brain 'activity'. I took my dose and felt fine, and slept good. Then a couple of days ago, after feeling pretty good all day, I took my dose. Shortly afterwards I got more anxiety, aching, headache, brain tingling, foggy, sweating, and couldn't sleep. Yesterday I finally started feeling good around noon - felt good until I took my pill again and had the same reaction. Now it's morning after maybe 2 hours sleep and feel bad again. What would make my pill cause me to feel worse? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hey guys :boxer:

I know I don't post here much but I'm down to .006mg on my klonopin taper  :D I feel so confident in myself....this whole experience has taught me a lot about facing adversity and dealing with pain. I got another 2 weeks or so then I jump. I really doubt that this dose is doing anything at all, but that's okay.

I know I can't ask what to expect but I already feel like i'm 90% back to normal. My energy is back, my GI symptoms have calmed down and my personality is back to normal. Benzos made me so nonchalant about everything....I'm naturally wired and hyped up so it's nice to get that back.

It's weird to go back and read my progress log....I felt so hopeless just 4-5 months ago. It was more mental than physical.

Hey guys :boxer:

I know I don't post here much but I'm down to .006mg on my klonopin taper  :D I feel so confident in myself....this whole experience has taught me a lot about facing adversity and dealing with pain. I got another 2 weeks or so then I jump. I really doubt that this dose is doing anything at all, but that's okay.

I know I can't ask what to expect but I already feel like i'm 90% back to normal. My energy is back, my GI symptoms have calmed down and my personality is back to normal. Benzos made me so nonchalant about everything....I'm naturally wired and hyped up so it's nice to get that back.

It's weird to go back and read my progress log....I felt so hopeless just 4-5 months ago. It was more mental than physical.

That's great to hear!

Terraform That is Great to hear That helps us that aren't there yet to keep on going It does me anyway Be Great to yourself and bask in that great feeling...

Imsaved

Hello all,

I'm new here. I was on ativan & tried to taper but was very unsuccessful. I'm now on 1 mg klonopin, here's my story.

I'm really hoping someone , anyone can help me here. It's been a while since I posted. I failed my ativan taper last month, & ended up in the ER twice, lost over 20 lbs and am now left with a very low quality of life. Worst being agorapobia, & not functioning as a wife or mom, can't drive or do anything. Anyway, I found a new pdoc/specialist who has been trying to stabilize me enough for a second round taper. He switched me to klonopin, because ativan didn't work any more. And started me on remeron. I'm currently on 1mg klonopin, & he raised it to 1.25 yesterday because I was having symptoms that were affecting me. I'm not sure if its from the remeron or if its leftover from the failed ativan taper.  I'm definitely better then i was a few weeks ago, but here are my symptoms: Sensitivity to sounds & any little noise, Skin burning on back & neck, can't relax, but really tired from klonopin & remeron. I sleep on remeron...he's upped my dose gradually to 15 mg. I'm edgy & anxious, although with the higher dose today that went away, but still had extreme tiredness, sound sensitivity, and skin burnung on back when I lay down. I don't know if I'm in tolerance withdrawal or if it's my body trying to get used to the remeron. Does anyone have any clue? He now wants me to go back to 2/3 of 15 mg  remeron and only take 1mg klonopin, but I'm so afraid of playing with the doses.

Are my symptoms due to tolerance withdrawal or is it the remeron adjustment?

Somebody please help me!

He won't taper the klonopin till I'm stable on an anti depressant.

Thank you,

Laelani

Imsaved - I had to take some time away from the gym because of bad joint pains, muscle weakness, dizziness, all that, but I continued to take my dog on walks during that time.  Normally I spend about an hour and a half at the gym - lifting and then 45 minutes on the elliptical - five days a week.  I got to do 45 minutes on the elliptical last week, which felt REALLY good.  Otherwise, I do what feels right, mostly.  If I need to sleep, I sleep, if I have the energy, I try to stay as active as possible.  Be kind to yourself!

Thank you, HPC, it's always comforting when others have similar feelings and experiences.  I feel more like me now, but I know I'm not fully there.

Terraform, congratulations!  You're almost there!

New folks - Skizzymissy and Laelani... some people have had luck with printing off the Ashton manual and taking it into their pdocs to get them on board with a good taper schedule.  I would never have let a doctor dictate my taper or condition it upon starting additional addictive psychotropic drugs.  I don't know of any antidepressants that aren't addictive.  I quit Effexor 2 years ago.  It was easy for me compared to this withdrawal, but some people struggle immensely with it.  Personally, I'm done with psychotropics.  Forever.  They're like a bandaid for a broken leg.  Psychiatrists don't do any tests measuring neurotransmitters.  You could have adrenals all over the place, and they would never know.  They just throw different drugs at you and hope one will work.  If an SSRI works, guess what??  You have a serotonin imbalance.  Forget that quackery.

Slow and STEADY withdrawal is the way.  You want blood levels to decrease gradually, not all over the place.  Or increased, if you're trying to withdraw.  Laelani, I hate to say it, but your sxs sound like classic withdrawal and don't feasibly fit into side effects from another drug.  If Ativan wasn't working, it's probably tolerance.  Changing the benzo doesn't necessarily fix it, although I think you'll have an easier time tapering off Klonopin because of the longer half life. I had horrific interdose withdrawals on Xanax and did just fine with a slow taper from Klonopin.

The Ashton Manual:

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

Learn all you can and get your doctor on board.  Do what feels right for you and you'll do just fine.  :thumbsup:

Hey Klub,

I posted on withdrawal support forum and was told I should maybe get some info in here. I hope someone can help.  I was on .25 K for about a month. Doc finally found out how addictive it is so suggested I get off. Doc wanted me to stay on the .25 for 6 more weeks, but just to skip a day the first week, then skip 2 days the next week, and so on. After looking at the Ashton manual, I didn't think her withdrawal method would work. Saturday I went to .125 and all was fine, except for some brain 'activity'. I took my dose and felt fine, and slept good. Then a couple of days ago, after feeling pretty good all day, I took my dose. Shortly afterwards I got more anxiety, aching, headache, brain tingling, foggy, sweating, and couldn't sleep. Yesterday I finally started feeling good around noon - felt good until I took my pill again and had the same reaction. Now it's morning after maybe 2 hours sleep and feel bad again. What would make my pill cause me to feel worse? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hi there!  That's kind of a strange deal.  Count your blessings.  Humans are like snowflakes - none of them are the same (except for identical twins).

You are on a low dose of klonopin and haven't been on it that long.  I'd do what the doctor says but let your bodymind be the ultimate judge.  Or taper down if you prefer.  I was on 4.0 mg klono at one time, recently I was on 2 mg and tapered down to 0.5mg.  Your dose is much smaller.  You'll be fine.

Elwood over and out

Thanks for the kind words everyone  ;D

Man, .006mg is nothing. I can't even weigh it out  :laugh: My scale wont register anything below 4mg so I have to weigh out 4mg which is roughly .012mg of K and then split that in half. It's like 2 tiny crumbs of yellow poison but idk how 6 micrograms of klonopin can even do anything at this point

[7b...]