The Klonopin Klub

[re...]

MissB:  At the end I used a full pill and put the poppy seed on top of it to add in the .005 mg. With that being said I jumped at where you are since at this point you really aren't taking anything at all and for me it was just delaying the inevitable. I think Bennie jumped at this point as well.

Thanks Kgirl, I'm not there yet but I was just curious for the future. I still haven't decided how low I want to taper. If I'm doing my math right .005 mg is .002 grams on the scale if you round up, is that right?

If the average weight of your pill is approximately .170 grams, then each .001 gram = about .003 mg. IMO, by the time you are in the teens, you're riding on fumes and being slightly off here or there matters little.

FWIW I placed my little piece of pill on top of the 10 g weight that came with the scale.

Bennie, at the risk of sounding dense, what do you mean in the teens?

Like, .013 g

• Replies 31.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [ca...]

• [NY...]

• [In...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bennie,

Thanks. But it isn't just 'withdrawal'. I'm more or less dealing with a paradoxical benzo, and if I change the dose even slightly ... Also oversensitivity etc.

I know the symptoms of benzo withdrawal. But this isn't 'normal' benzo withdrawal. Not even just more 'severe'. That lorazepam mistake changed everything. I'm not sure what else to say, it's late.

Klonopin very quickly became paradoxical for me. It was horrendous. But I had to get off. I couldn't stay trapped because of the symptoms, be it from paradoxical reaction or from reducing. Most drugs that other people try to help with withdrawal didn't work for me either. For instance, Hydroxyzine which typically helps people sleep, makes me feel like I am on speed.

Bennie, being almost out of the teens I was hoping things would be easier.  My word, one day mental stuff, next day aches and pains only on the left side.  Schucks!!

TRY

Hello, K Klub.

I was advised to come to this thread for hopefully, some advice. As my signature states, I'm a short term user originally for panic, anxiety, and insomnia back in April 2016. I was adamant with my Pdoc about getting off this stuff as soon as possible to avoid further issues. First two cuts have been very challenging.

My question may be something very personal and dependent on many factors but I wanted to throw it out there and see if any of you could lend me your experience. First cut, my withdrawal symptoms followed the generic withdrawal curve for long acting Benzos with onset at about 5-7 and then peak symptoms between two and three weeks. After the 22nd day, things sprung back to life strongly and I had 7 beautiful days before my doc and I decided to cut again from 0.25mg to 0.125. Similar situation with onset at day 6, then a gradual ramping of symptoms (anxiety, depression, insomnia). Things felt like they peaked again around two weeks but now, at day 24 since the cut, I've had 2 pretty terrible days back to back and its got me very nervous about moving further. By terrible, I mean that I'm struggling to eat, sleep, accomplish simple tasks, and just feel generally overwhelmed and OBSESSED with my symptoms. I sometimes think if I could stop the obsession, the anxiety would relax and I'd be able to sleep and eat and be relatively comfortable. Anyways...

So, three questions;

1. Do people typically have similar wit all withdrawals from cut to cut? Do they get better or worse with moving closer to the cessation?

2. Is there a problem with staying at .125mg for a little longer until things feel stable for a bit? We've been cutting every 28 days so far but I feel like I'm in need of a chance to "catch my breath" and take a little time to prepare for the next cut.

3. With .125mg a day and only having been on for less than 6 months, does it make sense to move to a less aggressive taper with a water titration that I seem to be reading so much about. Ultimately, I know things are never perfect but given I've felt some these first two cuts have been pretty psychologically taxing, I'm willing to do anything that might lessen the symptoms moving toward jumping off.

Thank you all for your care and support. God Bless.

ERS, Welcome!  You've made some pretty big cuts, which can cause some intense symptoms.  Some do find the lower in dosage the the more challenging it can be, because the percentage of the reduction goes higher.  Your cut from .25 to .125 was a 50% cut.  If you are experiencing sxs it means your healing has not caught up with your rate of taper.  Nothing wrong with needing to hold.  I assume you are dry cutting.  If you are considering going to liquid.  Please keep in mind that you may metabolize the liquid differently than the pill.  Which may require some time to adjust to the liquid form.  You might want to take that into consideration. 

TRY

I'd echo that the size of the cuts are what may be catching up with you. 50%'cuts are typically way too big to be able to tolerated. It's not a matter of dry cut vs. Taper, IMO, although you can make very very small reductions with liquid. But it's a moot point if you continue to reduce large percentages in the same time frame. Be kind to your brain. You want to try and stay functional, obviously.

Bennie, being almost out of the teens I was hoping things would be easier.  My word, one day mental stuff, next day aches and pains only on the left side.  Schucks!!

TRY

Well TRY, the end can be a bit bumpy. Think flat tire on dirt road. Eventually you stop and then there's taking inventory of what's working and what's not. And waiting. You're almost stopped. Buckle up. And left sided stuff—bizarre, isn't it? I always knew when I was going to have a panic attack, when my left foot started buzzing. Not the case now. But sxs tend to predominate on one side. I wonder if the heart being on the left side has something to do with it?

Bennie, yeah time to fasten my seat belt, that is for sure!  I'm riding on rims!!

This is what I found when I did a site search about the left side:

Anyway...to get to my point (sorry)..here is what T.R.A.P. had up on their site...I knew I read about GABA and left side somewhere...

(1) Question: Why do so many people get symptoms such as tingling, burning and numbness etc on the left side of the body rather than the right side of the body?

Answer: This is commonly reported. The exact reasons for this phenomenom is not known but it may be that GABA-BZD receptors are more dense in the right hemisphere of the brain or more sensitive to the affects of benzos than the left.

Just popping in to say hello. I only read a couple pages, but:

Bennie, I'm so so glad you had a 90% day!

Try, I'm so so glad you're finally nearing the finish line!

I'm seeing definite baseline improvement myself. Stomach's been acting up for a day or two, but it may be a hormonal thing. My cycle is all out of whack so it's hard to tell when it's coming. But imagining myself as a healthy, active person living life the way I want is starting to feel like a goal, not a daydream, which is a huge improvement. If you'd told me last October that I was going to feel this much better by now, I never would have believed you. Keep going, friends. It's hell, but there's a better life on the other side.

- Daisies

Daises, I hope you are right. 

One minute I feel sick to my stomach.  Next minute I feel ok.  Next minute I'm achey.  What on earth! I don't get it.

Keep us posted on your ongoing improvement!!! :thumbsup:

TRY

Bennie, yeah time to fasten my seat belt, that is for sure!  I'm riding on rims!!

This is what I found when I did a site search about the left side:

Anyway...to get to my point (sorry)..here is what T.R.A.P. had up on their site...I knew I read about GABA and left side somewhere...

(1) Question: Why do so many people get symptoms such as tingling, burning and numbness etc on the left side of the body rather than the right side of the body?

Answer: This is commonly reported. The exact reasons for this phenomenom is not known but it may be that GABA-BZD receptors are more dense in the right hemisphere of the brain or more sensitive to the affects of benzos than the left.

That is so interesting!

Daisies,

You go girl!

Bennie

Bennie,

I thought this was interesting:

Listen to a guided visualization or meditation program," you are more receptive to right-brain insights when you are relaxed. You can purchase guided meditation or visualization programs

TRY

[08...]

CD and WR;  Thanks.  Am re-reading your responses over and over.  There is nothing like words from you guys because I know you have been here.  I gotta distract and get through.    WR, I love Eli's stuff.  THANK YOU.

After our fight (I am not an easy chick to be around today, to say the least,) my husband said, "You are taking your body and brain on a conastoga ride through hell right now and you are angry at yourself that you can't make an apple pie in there during the ride.  Just get through it and it will be easy to do all those things when the ride is over."

I do get very angry and frustrated with myself.  Scared of future bogey men too.  Time to calm down and get through this hour by hour.  Time to re-read your loving responses a few dozen times.

Have FUN out there WR!!  Hang on CD, I will include you each time I pray for strength and calm for myself.

Better times coming.

Dear Friends,

I wanted to pop in to let you know that I prayed for everyone last night. I hope that everyone else is sticking with our Sunday Night prayer/meditaion/wishing good vibes for the group.

Nomo, You are very strong and will get through this. I hear ya about the arguments with hubby. Mine is not understanding all the crying and mood swings. Thank you for posting about Eli. I went to his website and emailed him. He is such a nice man. His story gives everyone encouragement.

Benny, I'm so glad that you are feeling a little better and drive and peel beets. I love beets. I hope that you are spending more time outin your garden.

WR and KGirl,

I'm so glad that things are getting better for you.

CD, I've been praying extra hard for you my friend.

To My Mana, Try, B Strong, Daises, MissB,Bets,Liberty, Burned, Maya,ERS and all others, I wish you a good day.

Karl, Congratulations on jumping. I hope that you are hanging in there.

As for me, I would be greeting my class for the new school year. Had a hard weekend .Very weepy. Today, I'm going to volunteer at the church thrift store, get a haircut, and have lunch with another retired teacher. Shejust retired ,but is veryhappy about it. Maybe some of her happiness will wear off on me.

Gilster

Oh boy, I hear you Luci & others still struggling off Klonopin!

I am 5 months free -after a 9mo taper & switch to Valium- & am still a mess.

Extreme fatigue, & muscle stiffness pain & weakness -are the worst for me -

along w/ just feeling horrenously awful.

I have a few hrs here & there- usually in the morning or late evening -when I feel a bit

better & can do a few errands or things around the house.

Am a writhing zombie much of the rest of the time.

Hard to fathom when one has been active & productive all one's life. Aieee...

Wish I had a better report to give.

Had not heard that Klon wd can cause severe muscle problems -but sure can attest to that!

Dr today suggested I try pregabalin -Lyrica- to see if it might help, & also baclofen.

Am naturally leary of trying anything -but getting desperate.

Any thoughts anyone??

margaretisabel 

Hi Margaretisabel

I am simular to you . Clon 12 years , 9 months taper , now  10 1/2 months off .

Just want tell you  , I have all your w/d , Dr. try give me CLONIDINE ,  BUSBAR, SEROQUEL for pannic atacks  and other w/d .I refused  , and I believe safe  my life .

I think every drug you put in your system when you go thru w/d affect  your w/d .

Because  w/d will run course  and  your body will be not more mixed up  with other drugs . I will  use exersise help easy w/d . I did bike and always killed shakes and others w/d . Still biking now almost 11 months off , very good for sleep  and stop w/d . Or very fast walk .    :smitten: :smitten: 

Good luck Erika

Erika... I see that you were Klonopin about the same time as me.. How did you feel when you jumped? Did it really get bad after 6 weeks? I just wanted to know how you felt being you took the same amount as me for the same amount of years pretty much. I feel pretty bad right now.. Any consolation would be appreciated thanks K

Hello everyone. Sorry to see so many people here as a part of this club, it also comforts me for now being there are so many that have been here done this. It's crippling what this medication does to people, and it's even more dibilitating what it does to you once your off. I have only been off for 6 weeks and the rug has been pulled from under me. I had a very bad wave set in this past Friday and I've always been used to one ok day, one bad day, one good day.. I know this can change at anytime.. My taper was hell, but I had lots of Windows, I had Windows even two weeks ago... I think what happens is once we get Windows we yearn for that all the time and it's warps the reality of this process. That's how I feel at least, with that said my symptoms are as such. Muscle aches spams, insomnia, food intolerance, anxiety, dizziness, fatigue, dry eyes, Tmj, feeling like I'm in constant motion, lightheaded, my chest is tight on the left side, DP-DR, my arm feels numb on the left side and my left thumb is killing me, could be trigger finger not sure. Intrusive thoughts although better than it was, a feeling of dread. I am a dental hygienist and I have to work to support myself and my husband. I can't work full time and the truth is I don't want to work but at this point have to. I'm uncomfortable all the time, I can't have any stress in my life and that's just unrealistic, crazy dreams and I remember dreaming but can't remember sleeping. I feel like I've had a heart attack Bc my left side is always more sensitive than my right, I don't trust any doctors and I recently moved. As much as my husband says I'm here for you I know how this is, he doesn't. No one but ppl in WD know what this is.. I'm so lost right now. When I first started tapering I felt so hopeful that this would end quick, I have no patience. I feel like I'm losing my mind and I feel hollow inside.. That's a real symptom hollow.. Like I'm floating. Thanks for reading K

FOR THOSE WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS THAT COULD USE INSIGHT INTO BENZO WD, BELOW IS A LINK TO A GENTLE, NOT SCARY YOUTUBE VIDEO.  I HAVE USED IT WITH MY FAMILY AND IT HELPED

We do the best we can in this journey.  One day, one step at a time.

TRY

Hi KK, i posted this question on the main thread.  But, thought I would post it here as well.

I'm nearing the end of my taper, and have noticed that my symptons are cycling rapidly.  Before it used to be a day or half day of a headache, or some other symptoms.  Now it goes from minute to minute.  Has anyone had this experience?

Nomo,how are you doing?  Have you been able to go for a walk?  Stay Encouraged!

Burned, hope you are doing well.  The end is in sight.

CD,my fellow warrior!  Thinking of you.  Sending you positive vibes. 

Bennie,hope this is a 90% or better day for you.

BStrong, Maya, Mana, Liberty One day closer.....Hope your day is calm and healing.

TRY

TRY,

Rapid cycling sxs is typical at the end of Microtapering, from my experiencing and I think those of many others. Especially fatigue, and head sxs. Yep, you're riding on rims.

Bennie

TRY,

Rapid cycling sxs is typical at the end of Microtapering, from my experiencing and I think those of many others. Especially fatigue, and head sxs. Yep, you're riding on rims.

Bennie

Bennie, it SUCKS!!!

TRY

Hi KK, i posted this question on the main thread.  But, thought I would post it here as well.

I'm nearing the end of my taper, and have noticed that my symptons are cycling rapidly.  Before it used to be a day or half day of a headache, or some other symptoms.  Now it goes from minute to minute.  Has anyone had this experience?

Nomo,how are you doing?  Have you been able to go for a walk?  Stay Encouraged!

Burned, hope you are doing well.  The end is in sight.

CD,my fellow warrior!  Thinking of you.  Sending you positive vibes. 

Bennie,hope this is a 90% or better day for you.

BStrong, Maya, Mana, Liberty One day closer.....Hope your day is calm and healing.

TRY

Hi Buddies, Ugh.  One more day.  But I know you guys are toughing it out so I am encouraged to keep going.

TRY,  Thanks for asking.  I got out walking yesterday.  Did my 5 miles.  I guess I will write about yesterday on my blog since it was a hard day and I don't want to dwell on that here.  I walked nearly 3 miles today.  I find that even if I am exhausted and terrified and depressed and achey, there is something about the routine and knowing that I am out there insisting that I am going to continue-- that is very good for my brain and body. 

So let's just keep going today.  Oh, TRY, thanks for the youtube video  It was encouraging for me, just hearing the things she described and being reminded that these things that make up my daily life are indeed withdrawal and will end.

As someone said in a different thread 'A diazepam taper is for those who have unbearable inter-dose withdrawal symptoms, due to the fluctuating blood levels of shorter half-life benzos.'

Does anyone agree ?

Then what do I do if I can't do a 'regular' clonazepam taper.  :(:o???:-[:-X:-\:sick:

I may have asked this before, but my benzo-brain ...

It's obvious that my problem with clonazepam is at least partly hormonal. There is a certain very physical and strong reaction if I take a diazepam dose in the afternoon before the evening dose of clonazepam. I guess it's partly the drug, having to 'bridge' the time between evening doses and certain paradoxical/stimulating properties.

Sticking my head in to tell everyone to be strong and fight this thing. I've had to tell myself that a few times today. Woke up bad, now I'm okay. Scared of cutting down to my next dose so I've decided to hold for another week until I feel okay. If this is the beginning, I'm not looking forward to the rest of it.

But so many of you have come so much further than I am right now, and we've all gotta keep fighting because one day, this crap will be over and we can look back and say we did it. Not only that, but we can stop feeling like crap.

I don't personally know you guys, but I know the struggle. I want the best for everyone here.

Sticking my head in to tell everyone to be strong and fight this thing. I've had to tell myself that a few times today. Woke up bad, now I'm okay. Scared of cutting down to my next dose so I've decided to hold for another week until I feel okay. If this is the beginning, I'm not looking forward to the rest of it.

But so many of you have come so much further than I am right now, and we've all gotta keep fighting because one day, this crap will be over and we can look back and say we did it. Not only that, but we can stop feeling like crap.

I don't personally know you guys, but I know the struggle. I want the best for everyone here.

Thanks Ryuuka,

That's really nice  :hug: Good luck with your next cut. You have a great attitude, and yes, it is tough but so are you. The future looks promising, so keep focused! We are always here for you!! ~CeCe 

Thanks Ryuuka,

That's really nice  :hug: Good luck with your next cut. You have a great attitude, and yes, it is tough but so are you. The future looks promising, so keep focused! We are always here for you!! ~CeCe

The fun thing about all of this (aside from nothing) is that I can't imagine anything feeling difficult in comparison. It's like we're lifting 200lb weights and everything else in life will be like a 3lb weight in comparison.

Thanks Ryuuka,

The fun thing about all of this (aside from nothing) is that I can't imagine anything feeling difficult in comparison. It's like we're lifting 200lb weights and everything else in life will be like a 3lb weight in comparison.

That's a great analogy. That about it in a nutshell. I can't think of one single thing I've done in my life that was ever this hard! I'm trying to stay positive, but I have times when I just feel like I'm going to crumble.

I have been so irritable and impatient lately. I go from 0 to 60 on the anger scale in about three seconds. I'm sure I'm a pain in the you know what to be around. I hope this goes away soon.

Wishing everyone well.

Keeping it short. 

I woke up this morning and was instantly sick.  Felt like a wave coming over me.  Instant nausea, dizziness, just horrible.  I went outside for a minute to see if fresh air might help.  It didn't.  As soon as I opened my eyes I was hit with this sick sick feeling

Hope everyone is doing well.

TRY

[65...]