Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Klonopin Klub

[re...]

Went out today to get a change of pace.  Went to a familiar place, suddenly had a panic attack.  This thing was nonstop.  It lasted the whole time I was out, I would say probably 2 hours.  I've never experienced anything like it.  I couldn't collect my thoughts.  My mind was just racing.  I was surprised I was able to calm myself enough to drive home. 

I think I'm losing my marbles.  I don't what to make of it.

Hope tonight calms down.

TRY

• Replies 31.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [ca...]

• [NY...]

• [In...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi TRY

That panic attack sounds horrible. Sorry you went through that. I don't know what to make of it either, other than it being par for the course when your system is trying to balance itself. I really don't know what more to say except I feel for you. I wish I could give you a hug. Sending a virtual one.

:therethere:

Bennie

Hey TRY,

Since you've not experienced anything like that before, I think it's safe to say that it's all withdrawal. 

I'm with ya.

This is so so psychically exhausting, we must be made out of freaking granite.

CD, Bennie, Burned and everyone.  :smitten:

We are in the eye of the storm.  Keep holding on.

Bennie, I'll take that cyber hug!  Thank you.  And, one for as well. :hug:

Coyote, I'm hoping it's withdrawal related.  I'm about at my limit for handling much more.

Have a good evening.  Thank you both for replying. 

TRY

Sorry you had such a bad panic attack Try.  They really are scary but, they always pass, (hard to believe when they are happening for sure).  I never had panic attacks before benzos.  Hope things are calming down for you this evening and you can rest and relax.  Sending hugs, too  :hug:

CoyoteLake:  sorry you are feeling so crappy today, too.  All the variables are overwhelming and it seems like we have to experiment a lot to see what does or doesn't work for us-day by day-doing the best we can.  We are made out of granite!  I'm constantly amazed at how hard our bodies' and brains are fighting to balance everything and get us well again!  My NP said the other day that getting off these drugs is truly heroic indeed.  Hugs :hug:

Sorry you had such a bad panic attack Try.  They really are scary but, they always pass, (hard to believe when they are happening for sure).  I never had panic attacks before benzos.  Hope things are calming down for you this evening and you can rest and relax.  Sending hugs, too  :hug:

CoyoteLake:  sorry you are feeling so crappy today, too.  All the variables are overwhelming and it seems like we have to experiment a lot to see what does or doesn't work for us-day by day-doing the best we can.  We are made out of granite!  I'm constantly amazed at how hard our bodies' and brains are fighting to balance everything and get us well again!  My NP said the other day that getting off these drugs is truly heroic indeed.  Hugs :hug:

Burned, I never had a panic attack before benzos either.  Things are settling down, thank you.

How are you doing today? 

TRY

Same old- riding the roller coaster.  Yesterday, a strenuous PT session really triggered me but, later was able to help my son get ready to go back to college... windows and waves  :D

Same old- riding the roller coaster.  Yesterday, a strenuous PT session really triggered me but, later was able to help my son get ready to go back to college... windows and waves  :D

Burned

Both mine are headed back to college.  I think that's part of my stress.  At least you can say Windows in all of that.  That's always a good thing.

Have a good night.

TRY

KK Family,. I found a pillow mist from Bath and Body works.  Called SLEEP.  It's Lavender and Chamomile, essential oils.  I'm very sensative to smells, it doesn't give me a headache.  It's not perfumy.  I spray it on my pillows (it doesn't stain them) about a half hour before I lay down.  It's very calming.  I spray it on a kleenex and keep it in my purse when I go out.  If I start feeling anxious I smell the kleenex.  Looks like I'm wiping my nose.  I know everyone is different.  Just thought I would share.

TRY

[ca...]

Dear Ash,

I wanted to piggyback off of what Bennie said. Please don't ct off of Klonopin.I recently have been in contact with a lady from a different group that went through CT from klonopin 5 months ago.I met her through a group that skypes in a class together. She experienced seizures and hallucinations for the first 4 months out. Her congnitive ability is very compromised and she has difficulty with holding conversations.I have witnessed this through the skyping. She has  panic attacks and many other sxs going on. I am telling you this because like Bennie said CT is so difficult on the brain and body that many people end up going through a horrible protracted withdrawal. Withdrawaling is very hard for most people ,but doing a slow taper is truly the best way to get through this ordeal. It is very rough as you can see from our buddies here on many days.I do want to give you hope that it will get better eventually and we all will heal. I am so sorry that you are going through this.

As far as for me, I am having an ultrasound of my thyroid today. I am hoping that my thyroid hasn't become hyperthyroid. Prayers or good wishes appreciated.

Wishing everyone as decent of a day as possible.

Sincerely,

Gilster

Dear Ash,

I wanted to piggyback off of what Bennie said. Please don't ct off of Klonopin.I recently have been in contact with a lady from a different group that went through CT from klonopin 5 months ago.I met her through a group that skypes in a class together. She experienced seizures and hallucinations for the first 4 months out. Her congnitive ability is very compromised and she has difficulty with holding conversations.I have witnessed this through the skyping. She has  panic attacks and many other sxs going on. I am telling you this because like Bennie said CT is so difficult on the brain and body that many people end up going through a horrible protracted withdrawal. Withdrawaling is very hard for most people ,but doing a slow taper is truly the best way to get through this ordeal. It is very rough as you can see from our buddies here on many days.I do want to give you hope that it will get better eventually and we all will heal. I am so sorry that you are going through this.

As far as for me, I am having an ultrasound of my thyroid today. I am hoping that my thyroid hasn't become hyperthyroid. Prayers or good wishes appreciated.

Wishing everyone as decent of a day as possible.

Sincerely,

Gilster

Gilster, Prayers sent and @ Ash no on the CT is rough enough with a slow taper as you can see just by reading here ! To ( Everyone ) slow and easy as for sure this can be brutal on the body never mind the brain! Will pop back later so for now ~Healing~ Huggs ~CD

Hi everybody.

I'm so sorry to hear you are in pain, this should never have happened to all of us, never!

'Slow and easy' is also my way, now. I'm going to stay on my 0.5 mgs for at least other 10-14 days before going down to 0.4 mgs. And I'll go even more slowly, after that.

I had severe nausea today (thought I was going to throw up)  :-\.

I'm also going to try Seroquel as sleep aid one single night, to see if I can rely on it or it gives me paradoxical reactions. I'll probably need it when I lose my sleep.  :sick:

Hi CD  :)...your post, stopping by, are always so kind.  Wishing you a day of Windows....looks like the northeast is about to get some rain...

FOL...from .5 mg to .4 mg  :idiot:.....a 20% drop???  Bennie and others have spent so much time explaining the careful way to withdraw....is anyone listening??? Frustrating to watch people suffer more than they need to....Ash and others...I don't understand. Hard to read...

Gilster, I think you will be fine..hope so.  Am sure you have had blood work done which should have sorted out thyroid issues whether hyper or hypo..I developed low thyroid many years ago (15 or so)...it's no big deal.  I take synthetic thyroid every day.  So many women, especially, do.  Hyperthyroidism is trickier but still manageable.  Try not to worry!  :smitten:  you are also such a kind and caring person.

Missing some of our long time buddies: Bets, WR, Kgirl....WR...SO happy you are reconnecting with old friends..and allowing some who didn't get WD to just "be".... An accomplishment for sure...Brava!! :smitten: :smitten:

As for me...this cut has been a little sketchy...more psychological sxs...anxiety, tension, a kind of paralyzing state of indecision as am beginning to make plans for a post taper life...realizing that a life free of Klonopin will still be life....I need to work on my outlook...I want to be more positive but feel more like cocooning....limiting a lot of contact with people, especially those who are tired of making allowances for my taper sxs....can anyone relate ?????

Would love to hear some reassuring voices...

Lots of love,

Mana

Hey My Mana,

Oh yes, I can certainly relate.  Most of my symptoms are psych, and the physical ones are manageable.  The paralysis is horrible - I feel like such a loser when I can't even move or God forbid, make a decision.  Mind you, these are not life or death decisions, but should I go for a walk or ______ fill in the blank?  Should I go to the store for food now or wait?  Should I shower?  Do I want to keep those thousand planters  I have or bring them to Goodwill?  I should organize my clothes.  Oh God, I can't organize my clothes!!! 

However, when I am in my right mind, I am able to realize these feelings are getting less and less.  Of course it never feels like that when we're in the middle of hellish waves.

It's a bazillion degrees on the East coast and I'm melting.... what a world....

:smitten: :smitten: to all...

Hi All,

I'm having very strange head sensations.  I don't know why.  My brain feels like mush.  I've tried meditating, walking.  Nothing is helping. 

TRY

Hey TRY,

Strange head sensations and weird dizziness were just added recently to my list.  Like my brain was vibrating or moving around or skipping a beat.  Some minor zaps too, but nothing compared to AD withdrawal.  When it happens, I drink some cool liquid and lay down with a cool cloth and try not to berate myself for being a wanker.  My feet are on fire again - I thought that symptom was over.... nope.

CD :)

Hello mymana (yes, I can relate!!  I think small, but consistent baby steps are in order ::) ) ,TRY, Burned, Bennie, CD, Coyote, Gilster, Ash and Fading  :smitten:

I have been logging on and reading to keep in touch with all of you.  Brain has been panicky and not very clear, so I haven't wanted to say anything. 

I have sure noticed that I have huge reactions to any shift or change in daily life, never mind the big jolting tragedies and stresses.  Little pieces of information have just shaken me each day.  I am trying to be aware of this as things happen so I don't buy into the fear and panicky thoughts.

My son left for grad school, my 15 yr. old started high school again, and my college daughter returned from study abroad.  She has been home for 5 days.  She leaves for college tomorrow.  She is pushing all my buttons.  That and the coming and going seems to send me reeling. 

It seems to be part of the withdrawal condition that we all react to changes in exaggerated proportions.  Everything is upsetting.  Being aware is probably the biggest step.  Today I am just hanging on. 

Ash and Fading,  We all start out so eager to be "done."  After a few months of tapering, we discover we can't make that happen "faster," without severe consequences.  I must agree with my fellow Buddies in strongly encouraging you to recognize how necessary it is to taper slowly and carefully.  It is so grievous to recognize that we don't have the sort of control that we thought we had over our bodies and lives, but it will help you get through this process to accept that it is indeed a PROCESS with it's own time table. Please go slowly and carefully.

Love and Hope to all of my Fellow Soldiers.  One More Day.  We CAN do this!!!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Ash and Fading,  We all start out so eager to be "done."  After a few months of tapering, we discover we realize we can't make that happen "faster," without severe consequences.  I must agree with my fellow Buddies in strongly encouraging you to recognize how necessary it is to taper slowly and carefully.  It is so grievous to recognize that we don't have the sort of control that we thought we had over our bodies and lives, but it will help you get through this process to accept that it is indeed a process of healing, with it's own time table. Please go slowly and carefully.

Most people in this topic have been on Klonopin FAR longer than me (just three months if we don't include the tapering, and I wasn't all the time on 1 mg, but also at lower doses)... but I guess a slow taper is safer for everyone! I won't hurry things up, and I guess I'll do the remaining taper in two months.  :) A total of three months of tapering for three months of use,

Hey TRY,

Strange head sensations and weird dizziness were just added recently to my list.  Like my brain was vibrating or moving around or skipping a beat.  Some minor zaps too, but nothing compared to AD withdrawal.  When it happens, I drink some cool liquid and lay down with a cool cloth and try not to berate myself for being a wanker.  My feet are on fire again - I thought that symptom was over.... nope.

CD :)

Coyote, the head stuff has me on high alert.  My right ear feels hot, but when I look in the mirror it's not even red.  I'm going to drink something cold. 

I find it so hard to cope with the ever changing sxs.  Over time I get accustomed to a sx and then something new comes along and derails me.  Just devastates me.

Nomo, young adults are a challenge even without being in withdrawal.  My reaction to stress is horrible.  At one time I could roll with the punches, now it crushes me.  We do the best we can.  One day it won't be an issue.

TRY

Coyote!  BIg hugs!  :hug:

Fading,  Good to hear it!  We will be jumping partners!  2 months is not far away!!!

I can't wait!  ;)

Also experimenting meanwhile, I'm going to try a tiny dose of Seroquel tonight instead of Trazodone to see if I can rely on it as sleep aid occasionally. It may have paradoxical reactions on me. Also, I need to know exactly how strong it is, some people sleep for 12-14 hours on it! I guess it's something I can only learn by experience.

My psychiatrist also suggested to take it while tapering during day time but personally I don't want to.  :idiot: My symptoms are not mental, are physical. And Seroquel is probably not going to ease them.

Nomo, young adults are a challenge even without being in withdrawal.  My reaction to stress is horrible.  At one time I could roll with the punches, now it crushes me.  We do the best we can.  One day it won't be an issue.

Young adults? Are you a teacher and work with young people or something like that?

Young adults? Are you a teacher and work with young people or something like that?

I'm a mother of a 22yr old and 19yr old. 

I'm a mother of a 22yr old and 19yr old. 

You could be my mother then, I'm 24. xD

[b0...]