Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Klonopin Klub

[re...]

:laugh:  CD now you get the Chomper badge. 

I've got some of that ol' tripping on acid sxs stuff going on today, like the good old days.    :crazy:

Big huggs!

WR, I will meet ya in the looney bin, wait we are already there and the LSD 25 s/x`s suck so hang on they will pass ! I will trade ya for my numb tingly head bit deal? 
lol !

• Replies 31.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [ca...]

• [NY...]

• [In...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Derik , sounds like ID withdrawal maybe play around with your dosing schedule to find a happy medium ? @swickey thanks and will be talking to you more oh and I just fed my Pups lol ! Got 3 Pups here FWIW ;)

It is absolutely Interdose withdrawal, so does that little schedule I drew up look OK? And do you know it drives me nuts, because i feel like insanely bad, and i take a pill to catch up and feel better.

It is legit driving my bonkers.

It makes me just wanted to do the accelerated 6-8 plan, but I know that's a bad idea (Was just in the psych hospital getting me down from 3mgs to 2mg and that was HELL)

I did it though and here I am.

But anyway, how did that plan I draw up look.

That seem ok to try? I think it does just checking.

Hi Derek  :)

Have you discussed this on the "planning your taper" section of the forum? That's the best place to get that kind of feedback  :thumbsup:

If I were you, I think I'd divide the 2mg evenly throughout the 24-hour day as to keep plasma levels as stable as possible. If you have been dosing 6 to 7 times a day, it is possible that your body still expects that many doses, even if you are now on 2mgs.

What you do not specify in your plan is the times at which you take those doses or when you get the worst of the interdose issues.

There is no right or wrong if that works for you, but I would advise you to discuss your plan here  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Best wishes!!!

Thank you so much, that does make much more sense.

I have been on .5 4xmg a day for a month now going from about 6-7 .25mgs a day for almost 2 years, and it's not that I am physically withdrawling, it's like I am having just emotional and psychological problems.

I think you are right about the steady amount throughout the day and that is just not occurring anymore. I better spread it out better.

Also, I have tried the MT boards and that board and this board because everyone knows klonopin I just get better responses.

But if that doesn't do the trick I may give it a try.

Thank you!

I am going to talk to my pysch tommorrow.

Deep as I posted the answer for me was to cut my pills and add in the 2mg of Valium so I could taper the K.  Your answer will probably be different.  But if going up is not working and holding  I don't know what else you can do.  If I recall correctly you can't do a cross over to something else like Valium or Librium  but that is what I would try next if it were me other than cutting. 

Ah Burned - sorry to hear you are in acute. Hang in there buddy.

So do you think the 2 mgs of v is what really helped you to be able to taper the k easier cause probably now with this going on if i were to ask my primary for some v he might say yes..but isnt it really sedating and wouldnt i have to take out some of the k when i started it or would it just be a small dose and take it with the k??  and the reason i said before that it wasnt an option is because both my docs knew i was having some s/xs so they didnt want to add anything else in cause i have never taken anything else..but now who knows..i would just have to get past the side effects of it since i have a phobia of meds. thanks for the input :)

deep

Deep as I posted the answer for me was to cut my pills and add in the 2mg of Valium so I could taper the K.  Your answer will probably be different.  But if going up is not working and holding  I don't know what else you can do.  If I recall correctly you can't do a cross over to something else like Valium or Librium  but that is what I would try next if it were me other than cutting. 

Deep, it may be an idea to get you off the klonopin merry go round , it`s how I got off 4mgs k  but there is good and bad to the v ill fill you in more but let others add to this ! V is a better muscle relaxer may help the swallowing and I did gain back some weight on it so,,,,  but again I am in a bit of a mess still but it may be an option but remember v is still a benzo ask kgirl she can fill you in more ~Huggs ~CD

So do you think the 2 mgs of v is what really helped you to be able to taper the k easier cause probably now with this going on if i were to ask my primary for some v he might say yes..but isnt it really sedating and wouldnt i have to take out some of the k when i started it or would it just be a small dose and take it with the k??  and the reason i said before that it wasnt an option is because both my docs knew i was having some s/xs so they didnt want to add anything else in cause i have never taken anything else..but now who knows..i would just have to get past the side effects of it since i have a phobia of meds. thanks for the input :)

deep

:laugh:  CD now you get the Chomper badge. 

I've got some of that ol' tripping on acid sxs stuff going on today, like the good old days.    :crazy:

Big huggs!

WR, I will meet ya in the looney bin, wait we are already there and the LSD 25 s/x`s suck so hang on they will pass ! I will trade ya for my numb tingly head bit deal? 
lol !

Thanks for the song.  I went down a nice little 60s youtube rabbit hole. 

I've gotten the numbness and tingling in my calves and feet off/on throughout taper.  Not on my face, yet.  ::)

WR, I don`t think we should be putting our s/x`s on the board = crazy and sorry about the Rabbit hole song but hell you got me laughing thanks ! @ Deep I posted about the valium to you in your last post why it came out like it did in a quote format ? I hope you can see it !

Deep, it may be an idea to get you off the klonopin merry go round , it`s how I got off 4mgs k  but there is good and bad to the v ill fill you in more but let others add to this ! V is a better muscle relaxer may help the swallowing and I did gain back some weight on it so,,,,  but again I am in a bit of a mess still but it may be an option but remember v is still a benzo ask kgirl she can fill you in more ~Huggs ~CD

deep

CD thanks i just read it..and thats why i was wondering if its a relaxer i dont need dizziness nor to be groggy and dont know how much someone would start with to get things to relax like my throat..and i wouldnt want to cross over just add in some maybe to get off this merry go round i am on..

hope others chime in on this post too..

deeb

deep

CD thanks i just read it..and thats why i was wondering if its a relaxer i dont need dizziness nor to be groggy and dont know how much someone would start with to get things to relax like my throat..and i wouldnt want to cross over just add in some maybe to get off this merry go round i am on..

hope others chime in on this post too..

deeb

Deep, yes out of all the benzo`s it`s the best one for relaxing muscle I just popped my pm dose of V 30 mgs it helps the muscles & appetite the brain not so much but I think it could be a better option then upping your k IMHO ! Sorry for my all over the place comments today I am riding a wave why I have no idea? PS: the V does not make me loopy only a slight ah feeling last a couple hours then back to the grind so I would not worry about bad effects from a bit of valium!

benzogirl,

I guess you can't post it here in the open, and you can't send me a PM ? Feel like telling what happend to your ability to send PMs ? Maybe her email address would be more practical, but what I heard is that she no longer communicates with 'patients' due to age/health.

That 0.25 mg was just a test cut. God, what do I have to do ? I get nobody here has the answer.

How crude it may sounds, there is a lack of benzos. A non diazepam-like benzo of at least medium duration of action ...

Again, I should get my health back but ... The general state I'm in makes everything a 1000 times more difficult. I'd never have imagined this a few years ago.

Sorry about the doom and gloom.

NYC:  Gee our GI's must have been in sync I had nightmare GI this afternoon.  Luckily made it to b/room running from Apple Store and then home - horrible.  Oh well.

Deep:  I agree with Can Do - Valium is a better muscle relaxer. I would add it in vs. dropping any K out. Given your dose of K I would add 5 mg of Valium. I don't know when you are 'worse' but since you need to eat perhaps take it in the morning.  People also use Librium but I don't have any info about how that works. 

I guess we needed the raft out today.  Here it is:  :stretcher:

Does anyone get knocked on their ass when they take their dose? I have fatigue issues normally but whenever I dose it's like getting hit by a truck for a few hours. The mental symptoms are also worst when I dose. I wouldn't call it paradoxical bc my heart rate stays low and I don't have panic attacks. Just feel mentally "out there" the closer to my dose. Anyone relate?

I am not coping well right now.  The 14 year old European guest is a little difficult for me.  My 15 day hold at .5 mg is not keeping me stable yet.  Have not heard from either sister about my dad.  My younger sister kept me more in the loop with my mom's death.  Too many unknowns and pressures.

This morning I had sky high anxiety and tried to talk to my husband.  I ended up repeatedly jumping up, trying to hide in different corners of the bedroom and chanting "nonononononononononononononono!" faster than I ever imagined I could speak.  I repeated lots of things over and over and over.  I kept asking him if I was making  it all up.  Was I being dramatic?  Surely I was being dramatic.  I repeated everything and begged to get someone to help.  Like a scary movie.

It was (and kinda still is inside,) like when I had the pacing akisthesia.    I couldn;t stop.  Very disturbing.  I must be overwhelmed and my CNS and whatever just can't regulate. 

My husband's therapist saw us.  His mom struggled with valium all her life.  He seems to know something about benzo withdrawal.  He said I got off the antidepressant and benzo too fast (my early taper,)  I knew that (I was ignorant when I began,) but didn't know how bad it could be.  THIS bad.  Apparently. 

He said that you can take 1,000 or more mg. of magnesium.  He recommended melatonin (I don't think it helped earlier in my taper, not sure,) Inositol (a b vitamin,), and tryptifan (amino acid,), and  an early tricyclic antidepressant called Tofranil  (I told him getting off effexor was hell and I don't want to do anything like that, but is this kind different?  Anybody know? 

Sorry you are having such a hard time right now Nomo.  I hope all the pressures let up and your hold works for you. 

I'm not familiar with Tofranil but, I take Inositol and it can be somewhat helpful for anxiety at times.  I think being in fight-or-flight constantly drains our magnesium and B vitamin reserves. 

Did you receive your Seriphos and does it help you at all?  My Naturopath wants me to consider trying Ashwaganda to try to help regulate things during withdrawal.  It's an adrenal adaptogen and she said it doesn't affect GABA receptors.  I may try a tiny bit.

CBD oil really helps me with bad anxiety usually and some other sxs.  I'm glad my doc suggested it.

Hugs,  burned

Hi Burned,

Sorry to read you have had a rough 4 solid days.  I hope your acute doesn't last long at all!!!

I did finally receive the Seriphos but like the CBd oil, I don't know why my symptoms got weird afterward.  I have never been sensitive to any meds.  I have no idea if I should try them again.  They are both still sitting on my bedside table but I haven;t taken them since I had a bit of trouble after a few days of each separately.  I've thought about re-trying the CBD but after a few days of it I happened to have an akisthesia episode.  Quite likely unrelated, but I can see how phobias develop.  who wants trouble?

A BB friend named MostlyAlive mentioned Ashwaganda.  I think he may have had an odd experience. I think he regretted not researching it but my head is not super clear right now.  You might ask him.  It seems everyone has differing experiences with all this stuff.

Thanks Nomo.  Yeah, this is all so confusing and I feel like a guinea pig trying all these different meds and supplements.  We are all so different.

Hope you get some sleep tonight and have a better day tomorrow.

Wishing a peaceful evening to all.

Peace and deep rest and healing to you, BurnedOut!!! :smitten:

And peace and rest to all of us.  Deep Healing and confidence.

:smitten:

Nomo.

[8a...]

Swickey,

I don't know about the knocked on my ass feeling because I take my dose before I go to bed because it was prescribed for restless leg. I do feel noticeably different when I take it. I get electrical jolts through my teeth, heart palpitations, my ears have worse tinnitus during this time and sometimes my head starts pounding. This has happened since I started tapering. I really feel awful when taking it.It makes me feel like I'm frying my brain. This stuff is such poison.

Nomo,

I'm so sorry that you are having such a hard time. I wanted to cry reading your post. I pray that you get some relief. I am glad that your husband is so supportive. I know that this is such a difficult time in your life.I hope that your sister keeps you in the loop about your Dad. Please try to be kind to yourself. Big hugs to you. 

I hope that everyone has a decent day.

Grace

Oh well ... not having a 'great day'.

I took an additional 0.25 mg yesterday to compensatie for the previous cut but I'm having a really rough day. I get that it's very, very hard for anyone to give me advice.

'nothing helps with klonopin' I get that sentiment.

But I haven't been stable since I went off that lorazepam. And when winter came ...

Hello all, I am a victim of Klonapin as well. Klonapin 2MG per day since 2014. Diagnosed with Parkinson's 2015 and kept taking Klon as prescribed. VA docs said change from Klon to Sertraline. Stopped Klon immediately and started Sertraline. Big mistake! I experienced most of the symptoms mentioned on this site, but Docs thought I was having Sertraline reaction. Finally discovered BB and Dr. Ashton. I am in stage 9 of Ashton schedule 5. This particular stage is for 2MG of diazepam per day. I feel terrible most of the time and do not know to up dose diazepam or stay on the current stage/dose and gut it out. I have also been prescribed Ativan to 'put out the fire' and that scares me. I can not imagine being dependent on Klonapin and Ativan both. I haven't had any Klonapin in almost 4 weeks. I am counting my blessings and hoping for this terrible scourge to subside. Thanks,  Chief46

Oh well ... not having a 'great day'.

I took an additional 0.25 mg yesterday to compensatie for the previous cut but I'm having a really rough day. I get that it's very, very hard for anyone to give me advice.

'nothing helps with klonopin' I get that sentiment.

But I haven't been stable since I went off that lorazepam. And when winter came ...

You know the more I read your story liberty, it sounds really close to mine.

I think we both are having tolerance withdrawal.

I am kinda in a bad boat too, looking up detox centers etc etc.,

but I know that is just not the answer. I actually went to one back in the day, they did bring me down from my dose (forgot what I was at) to nothing in 5 days. (2014)

But when I got home I reinstated at .5mgs at 4 days when the REAL withdrawal kicked in. But that was a fraction of what I was taking. So there is a detox story for you.

End of last month (may 2016) I was in the psych ward, they got me down from 3mgs to 2mgs, i essentially shook it off and stablized. But it has only lasted so long.

I was on abilify for 2 weeks which was fine but i had to stop because of heart stuff.

Now i am back on zyprexa which was the drug i took for a long time, but stopped cause of weight and heart stuff, and now AGAIN I have heart stuff. I am like wtf.

I also been retaking prozac for a week, but it takes forever to kick in to hopefully deal with some of this depression, but I also don't know what to do.

Really I hate to say this after a month on 2mg's, but updosing .25mgs might be my only option so I can get my effing head straight and figure out what to do.

I talked with my psych today and he helped me out with my dosing frequency, we will see if his suggestion will help. I might even give him a call tonight.

But I think unfortunately we both have tolerance withdrawal.

These are my issues:

Psychological:

Anxiety

Depression

Visual disturbances (blurred vision, hypersensitivity to light, seeing spots, sore eyes, dry eyes)

Balance problems, dizziness, unsteadiness, loss of coordination

Shaking

Feelings of tightness in chest, breathing difficulties, palpations, inner trembling

Psychological:

Phobias (most common are agoraphobia, social phobia, and the fear of going mad)

Panic attacks

Rapid mood swings

Restlessness, jumpiness

Loss of memory, trouble concentrating

Irritability

Derealisation (feelings of unreality, changes in perception)

Physical:

Changes in appetite, weight gain or loss

There are some more on this least common but I really don't want to list them, reading a few already made me feel sick, so I will not list them.

But anyway, it describes what's going on with me to a T.

Sucks there is no place to go for them to help you with a plan huh.

I am going to figure this out, though.

Chief,

That's horrible. Any chance the clonazepam caused the parkinson's symptoms ?

Derek,

Similarities and differences. And regardless of other things, it seems you have more access to docs while I'm mostly stuck in primary care.

I'm in a bad place. I know that some time ago I wrote that diazepam made me sick. But I can't go on on clonazepam. So go back to diazepam ??  :idiot:

I don't know what else to do. I got that offer for a flumazenil detox, but it seems nuts. Why would I feel better during a flumazenil infusion ?

If anybody has other ideas ? I know, I know ... I wish I were stuck on any other drug.

Chief,

That's horrible. Any chance the clonazepam caused the parkinson's symptoms ?

Derek,

Similarities and differences. And regardless of other things, it seems you have more access to docs while I'm mostly stuck in primary care.

I'm in a bad place. I know that some time ago I wrote that diazepam made me sick. But I can't go on on clonazepam. So go back to diazepam ??  :idiot:

I don't know what else to do. I got that offer for a flumazenil detox, but it seems nuts. Why would I feel better during a flumazenil infusion ?

If anybody has other ideas ? I know, I know ... I wish I were stuck on any other drug.

Don't, the fluzamanil thing is wrong. I don't know why that one website advertises that.

That flumanzanil might help for protracted withdrawal after a long period off of benzos, it should never be used while dependent.

It is not the same as the opiate one. It would make you sick.

What are u currently on if you dont mind me asking?

My bottom number of the blood pressure is only 58/59. Anyone else get any reads like this?

It makes me anxious 😖 and even then my numbers don't go up.

Anyone??

New Girl

[7f...]