Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Klonopin Klub

[re...]

Morning all,

Nomo:  Groundhog day indeed

Carem-hope you feel better and better

Bennie-hope you are feeling  better

CD and WR:  my husband going home to visit his Mom for a week.  My "kids"  (young men now) will be here.  Hope we can do something fun.

WR:  Glad you are doing well and sooo close now-you go girl!

Kgirl:  so close too!  You are amazing!  Hope you can stay cool there.  My parents say a lot of beaches are closedwhere they are due to algae-not good in the summer.

Liberty:  hang in there

Daisies:  Totally agree that such low amounts probably have little therapeutic value but, it sure does ease my mind, too.  Glad you are able to eat more!

Hoping my sxs calm down this morning. Few windows in the last week- ramped up GI issues, tremors, fatigue/overall weakness, sound/temp/visual hypersensitivity, burning and anxiety/cog fog are kicking my butt right now...ugh  :(

Take care everyone!

Burned, just do your best to ride it on thru and hopefully you will get a nice clear window and enjoy some time with your boys ! @ Daisies your sounding good :) @ Liberty , not to re ash old stuff but imo k and v are so different but then again I dropped a lot of my benzo dosage when I dropped 4mgs k and went to v so  Anxiolytic or whatever it`s no easy ride but I am sure you will get it figured out and as long as your taking less all will work out !

• Replies 31.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [ca...]

• [NY...]

• [In...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Can Do  :)  Hope you have a good 4th too.  Our cocker mix pup is terrified of thunder and fire works-thinking about getting him one of those thunder shirts and see if that helps him feel better...heck, maybe I'll get one for myself, too  :)  I've heard that weighted blankets/throws can help some folks with anxiety and other issues.

Thanks Can Do  :)  Hope you have a good 4th too.  Our cocker mix pup is terrified of thunder and fire works-thinking about getting him one of those thunder shirts and see if that helps him feel better...heck, maybe I'll get one for myself, too  :)  I've heard that weighted blankets/throws can help some folks with anxiety and other issues.

Burned I have a 25 year old Down Comforter I sleep with and its a bit heavy so yes to that as for fireworks peeps around here like shooting off guns and fireworks should be thrilling ( not ) take good care .

Happy Holiday weekend.  July 4 and July 1

Lol my husband was doing the maths on the liquid tiratioñ.  He has quit.  Imagine.  Tired of it.  Lol it hasn't been long on liquid.  Lots coming out in the wash through this withdrawl.

No matter I've did the best to dry cut from here myself.  Have a college degree still not good at maths.

Fingers crossed again.

Always best to all of you..do not be discouraged!!!!!  Keep on.

Hey Buds.

My guest is gone until Tuesday.  Ugh.  I feel like I have been swimming against the current for the entire time she has been here.  And I was already swimming against the current.  Less morning anxiety but I am so unable to feel anything remotely positive yesterday and today. 

Surviving Benzo Taper,  Sorry your husband gave up on the titration.  I hope your continued cutting works well for you. 

Burned and CD,  I haven't liked 4th of July in maybe a decade.  The noise and bright lights provoked migraines so I stayed home with my shaking terrified dogs.  A friend said that just a tight baby t-shirt works like those thunder shirts for dogs. The tighter the better.  I tried it on my dogs.  They just liked being under the bed and hearing my voice.

WR Great to see you as always!!  I have such hopes for you as you get ready to jump.  Glad to hear your pms/last week is looking do-able so far.

Bennie,  I hate K too.  And I kinda hate everything right now.  :-\

Liberty,  Hi.  I don't think you are going to find a preferable benzo.  Getting off them is damn hard.  It just is.

FIeldsofDaisies,  Thanks for the good wishes.  So excited about your perfect little meal!!

KGirl,  Hi!  I hate this heat too.  Quite a price we pay for a mild winter.  :idiot:

Carem,  It is so encouraging to hear that you can feel a difference after getting off the K.  Of course we want you here!

Gilster, NewGirl, B Strong,  Hope you are feeling some hope and peace.

Love,

Nomo :smitten:

Because I have some damage to some teeth, my dentist wants to make something called a 'Dahl bridge'. It sort of resets the jaw. My molars are supposed to grow together, if that makes sense. Emphasis here on 'grow'. Under normal circumstances, it would take time !

I just wonder if this whole benzo mess would have an impact on the ability of my molars to grow as they normally should. Or if I should postpone/cancel the procedure. I'm sure the damage to my teeth is at least partly related to the benzo in some way.

Of course, I can't really ask the dentist !

[02...]

Because I have some damage to some teeth, my dentist want to make something called a 'Dahl bridge'. It sort of resets the jaw. My molars are supposed to grow together, if that makes sense. Emphasis here on 'grow'. Under normal circumstances, it would take time !

I just wonder if this whole benzo mess would have an impact on the ability of my molars to grow as they normally should. Or if I should postpone/cancel the procedure. I'm sure the damage to my teeth is at least partly related to the benzo in some way.

Of course, I can't really ask the dentist !

I just had some dental work done and I have been on benzo's consistently for 7 years and the dentist said my teeth were in great condition. I do brush and floss 2 to 3 times a day.  I do not think, I have heard of benzos damaging teeth.  Perhaps if someone gets a tense jaw problem or something where they grind their teeth but not just from the medication itself.

Have as good a 4th as possible KK.

WR, KGirl, Daisies good luck with the final crumbs....so happy for you. Kgirl, you're right, it's HOT here in Florida.  :-[

Burned,

Hope you found something fun to do with your boys. Hoping for Windows for you.

CD,

Will a weighted blanket absorb fireworks noise?

Nomo,

Glad you had less morning anxiety, hoping for some positive thoughts for you...

Bennie,

Hoping you're getting some better days. Good enough for watching baseball. I hate K too......

Maya, Mana, Coyote, Liberty, New Girl, Gilster, everyone else hope your weekend is going ok.

B strong

KHM,

Some 'corrosive' (acidic) drinks at times, and some bruxism I think ... That did some damage.

And they may effect growth and all sorts of biological processes.

Good morning all. 

Nomo, this wave of darkness will pass.  I'm so sorry you're in the thick of it now, b/c know how suffocating it can feel.  I had a bad wave of depression/anhedonia a couple of weeks ago, and it scared me, but it passed as quickly as it came.  I wish the same for you.  Big hugs. 

Burned, sorry to hear you're having a symptom storm.  Hope it's cleared up, and you woke to a window. Thinking of you.

Bennie, hope you're still feeling relief from back pain.  FWIW - I had to cut WAY down on that mag supplement.  I was taking 1tsp/day and it actually revved me up (unusual for me).  I am down to 1/4 tsp and now it's working well again.  Vanessa had warned me to start slow, but I went full throttle anyway  ::)

Bstrong, thanks  for always checking in.  Hope you're doing okay?

Kgirl:highfive:

CD, you missed coffee chat  ???.  Hope you're doing okay today.  Big hugggs. 

I woke at 6AM, so dragging today, but staying busy, feeling pretty decent.

Thinking of everyone, sending love.

WR

Happy 4th of July!! hope everyone is enjoying this holiday weekend.

I had a lot of head pressure most of the day.  Last night I woke up and my brain felt like it was burning.  Never had it before, freaked me out.  This morning I feel like there is a band around my head.  The back of my neck feels really tight, lots of DR/DP.  Goodness, not the way I had hoped to spend my 4th of July holiday.

Does anyone have high cholesterol?  My HDL, and triglycerides were fine but my LDL was slightly high.  I stick to a pretty clean diet, and was shocked to hear this.  One more thing to worry about...ughhh 

I wish everyone a safe, and happy holiday weekend filled with many windows :smitten:

Try

I had a lot of head pressure most of the day.  Last night I woke up and my brain felt like it was burning.  Never had it before, freaked me out.  This morning I feel like there is a band around my head.  The back of my neck feels really tight, lots of DR/DP.  Goodness, not the way I had hoped to spend my 4th of July holiday.

Does anyone have high cholesterol?  My HDL, and triglycerides were fine but my LDL was slightly high.  I stick to a pretty clean diet, and was shocked to hear this.  One more thing to worry about...ughhh 

I wish everyone a safe, and happy holiday weekend filled with many windows :smitten:

Try

Hey Try.

Sorry you have head pressure - ugh, I hate that.

I've heard other buddies with a good diet having high cholesterol during taper.  Please don't worry - it is 99.99% stupid Klonopin causing this.  I just did quick search and found this, explaining how benzos can increase cholesterol levels.  :crazy:

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/hdl-the-good-but-complex-cholesterol

Hi CD - sorry to hear about the headache. Rest easy.  :mybuddy:

Big hugs,

WR

Interesting WR and Try about the cholesterol.  One of the reasons I decided (without a single clue,) to get off Klonopin and Effexor was that my lifelong low blood pressure and low cholesterol, and healthy weight shot sky high the last few years on The meds.  All of it has gone down to healthy but still higher levels during the taper.  I am encouraged to think once I am off it will return to my normal.

I found this video today.  Back when K withdrawal suddenly became a problem, I found this guy on youtube.  He was miserable during his taper.  He jumped a little over month ago.  He is doing very well.

One of the things that kinda tortures me while I am under the waves of anxiety lately is the haunting question, "If it is this bad now, how will I make it through an extended acute withdrawal?"  There are indeed people who don't have this kind of anxiety in the acute phase right after jumping.  I am trying to focus on that.  It is easier to get through the hours of these rough days if I think it will really get better.  Here it is.  I hope you guys are encouraged.

Hi CD!  Huggs! Hope you feel better.  Snuggle with those puppies!!!

https://youtu.be/0b03VRk5PGw 

Interesting WR and Try about the cholesterol.  One of the reasons I decided (without a single clue,) to get off Klonopin and Effexor was that my lifelong low blood pressure and low cholesterol, and healthy weight shot sky high the last few years on The meds.  All of it has gone down to healthy but still higher levels during the taper.  I am encouraged to think once I am off it will return to my normal.

I found this video today.  Back when K withdrawal suddenly became a problem, I found this guy on youtube.  He was miserable during his taper.  He jumped a little over month ago.  He is doing very well.

One of the things that kinda tortures me while I am under the waves of anxiety lately is the haunting question, "If it is this bad now, how will I make it through an extended acute withdrawal?"  There are indeed people who don't have this kind of anxiety in the acute phase right after jumping.  I am trying to focus on that.  It is easier to get through the hours of these rough days if I think it will really get better.  Here it is.  I hope you guys are encouraged.

Nomo, please hold onto hope that anxiety symptoms may leave before you even jump.  95% of my anxiety has dropped off, with the most noticeable turnaround in April.  Once anxiety eased up, everything became so much easier to deal with b/c symptoms didn't carry the seriousness/weight they did when anxious thoughts were attached (and sxs started to drop off, likely b/c they were caused by anxiety vs. wd).  I am definitely not an anomaly, so I'd assume most experionce this relief as they go lower in dose.  Lots of love to you.  WR

Nomo, please hold onto hope that anxiety symptoms may leave before you even jump.  95% of my anxiety has dropped off, with the most noticeable turnaround in April.  Once anxiety eased up, everything became so much easier to deal with b/c symptoms didn't carry the seriousness/weight they did when anxious thoughts were attached (and sxs started to drop off, likely b/c they were caused by anxiety vs. wd).  I am definitely not an anomaly, so I'd assume most experionce this relief as they go lower in dose.  Lots of love to you.  WR

Thank you so much WR;  Your encouragement means so much.  This has been a tough 6 weeks.  I so hope that my taper gets back on track.  I have been holding at .5 mg for about 2 weeks now.  Did you ever hold?  How long did it take to mellow out a little? 

Hugs,

Nomo

Thank you so much WR;  Your encouragement means so much.  This has been a tough 6 weeks.  I so hope that my taper gets back on track.  I have been holding at .5 mg for about 2 weeks now.  Did you ever hold?  How long did it take to mellow out a little? 

Hugs,

Nomo

:hug:Your taper will not always feel this hard.  I know that fear though.  I hit rough patches and thought I was doomed for months, years. All of these fears were proven false time and time again.  I never held longer than two weeks, but only b/c I stabilized beforehand.  That doesn't mean I had no sxs, but that I had stabilized from my cut (C/H), and was ready for the next one.  Looking back, my bar was pretty low, b/c the baseline I returned to was pretty symptomatic for a large chunk of my taper, but it got better and better as each week & month passed.  I think we all go through"healing spurts", where our progress becomes more apparent to us, and many say it's right after a rocky period, so maybe that's what you have in store for you soon.  :mybuddy:

Try

Hey Try.

Sorry you have head pressure - ugh, I hate that.

I've heard other buddies with a good diet having high cholesterol during taper.  Please don't worry - it is 99.99% stupid Klonopin causing this.  I just did quick search and found this, explaining how benzos can increase cholesterol levels.  :crazy:

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/hdl-the-good-but-complex-cholesterol

Hi CD - sorry to hear about the headache. Rest easy.  :mybuddy:

Big hugs,

WR

WR thanks for the info.  I have been obsessing about it for days trying to see what dietary adjustments I could make. 

Nomo hang in there.  You are and will get through this. 

TRY

Nomo:  I have had the same experience as NYC. Though I certainly have not been s/x free as I look back (and read my p/log) I see that I am 'much better' now than I was at the beginning of my taper and even at the .5 mg mark.  I had an awful time there as well - one of my brick walls. Bennie and Clona as best I recall told me to keep cutting so I did and it was not any worse and then I 'felt better' the normal s/x were back. ;D Gotta love what is considered 'good' as we taper. 

I also have the high cholesterol - wow another lovely gift from benzos - so what else should I expect?!!

I noticed that lots of women here have trouble During That Time of the Month. Here's something I read about it and anxiety. I don't know if this helps or not. :)

Betsy

If you have an anxiety disorder, your symptoms may get worse at that time of the month.

Don't Miss This

8 Common Phobias: Could Your Child Have One?

6 Cheap, Natural, and Quick Anxiety Remedies

We respect your privacy.

When your belly starts to cramp and you feel bloated, tired, and begin craving certain foods, you know your period is on its way.

You're not alone in this monthly scenario. Up to 85 percent of women experience symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS). The hormones that govern your menstrual cycle affect both your body and mind, and can lead to mood-related, PMS symptoms like anxiety and even depression.

Anxiety and Your Periods: The Link

In general, women are more likely than men to suffer from anxiety disorders, and anxiety symptoms may increase during your periods. Some women who have a diagnosed anxiety disorder, like obsessive-compulsive disorder, may notice even more severe anxiety during their periods than at other times during the month. Other women may only experience anxiety symptoms when they get their periods.

Menstruation leads to a number of hormonal changes that can cause physical and emotional effects that may contribute to anxiety. There is no single reason for this anxiety, but multiple factors probably are at work, says Charles Goodstein, MD, clinical professor of psychiatry at New York University Langone Medical Center.

Fluctuations in powerful hormones that regulate menstruation, such as estrogen and progesterone, can affect your appetite, digestion, and energy levels, all of which can, in turn, affect your mood. “This may have an impact on psychological functioning," notes Dr. Goodstein. Additionally, women who have had difficult periods in the past, due to intense cramping or heavy bleeding, may worry about recurrent pain and discomfort prior to menstruation, and this can also cause added anxiety, says Goodstein.

Anxiety and Your Periods: Getting Help

Fortunately, there are steps you can take to help alleviate menstruation-related anxiety. Actively reducing stress in your life can play an important role, advises Goodstein.

To manage stress and diminish anxiety during your period:

Exercise on a regular basis.

Eat a well-balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables.

Be sure to get enough sleep; seven to eight hours a night is optimal for most people.

Minimize your alcohol and caffeine intake.

Avoid tobacco.

Spend time relaxing with friends and family.

Express your thoughts and emotions by writing in a journal.

Consider meditation and deep breathing exercises.

For women who continue to experience significant anxiety symptoms, medication is also an option.

"Medication is not a necessity for all. But in some cases, assuming that the anxiety level is quite manageable during the remainder of the month, and high anxiety is truly limited to the time of the period, the judicious use of low doses of anti-anxiety medications may be helpful," notes Goodstein. Another option, he says, are the antidepressant medications known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs).

Women who already take anti-anxiety or antidepressant medications for disorders that are not menstruation-related are more likely to suffer from psychological symptoms during their periods. For these women, an increase in medication around the time of menstruation can help manage symptoms, says Goodstein.

Anxiety is a common PMS symptom for many women, but just like cramps and bloating, anxiety can and should be managed. Don't be afraid to talk to your doctor about your symptoms. Medication can help control severe anxiety, but there are also plenty of things you can do to help yourself. Minimizing stress, exercising regularly, and eating well can help alleviate many PMS symptoms, including anxiety.

Nomo:  I have had the same experience as NYC. Though I certainly have not been s/x free as I look back (and read my p/log) I see that I am 'much better' now than I was at the beginning of my taper and even at the .5 mg mark.  I had an awful time there as well - one of my brick walls. Bennie and Clona as best I recall told me to keep cutting so I did and it was not any worse and then I 'felt better' the normal s/x were back. ;D Gotta love what is considered 'good' as we taper. 

I also have the high cholesterol - wow another lovely gift from benzos - so what else should I expect?!!

Kgirl are you taking anything for your cholesterol?  Benzos are so distructive.  I really thought I was the only one with high cholesterol, glad I asked.  I've noticed the lower I get the more GI issues I have.  Never had gi issues in my life.  Feels like I'm slowly falling apart.  Took my good health for granted.      You and WR will be done soon, and on to brighter days!!!

Hi Bets,

Maybe it's my PMS talking, but the last three paragraphs suggesting SSRIs &/or benzodiazepines for PMS fills me with hormonal RAGE  >:D.

(Good to see you though  :smitten:).

Hugs,

WR

Kgirl are you taking anything for your cholesterol?  Benzos are so distructive.  I really thought I was the only one with high cholesterol, glad I asked.  I've noticed the lower I get the more GI issues I have.  Never had gi issues in my life.  Feels like I'm slowly falling apart.  Took my good health for granted.      You and WR will be done soon, and on to brighter days!!!

Try during my taper I was on Crestor and my cholesterol was then fine - I stopped taking it and everything else I was on. So now I take 5 mg of Crestor every other day (just started) and I am back on Calcium with Vit D as well thanks to my osteoporosis.  It is not fun getting old.  I know Crestor has lots of s/x and so I will see if it helps. Due to food allergies I cannot do the diet my doctor recommends but I would do the diet first if I could. My doctor actually prefers dealing with my calcium deficiency and cholesterol through diet not drugs.  So if you can go vegen (I can't) I would try this first before I took any meds at all.  Essentially that is the diet my doctor recommended - mostly vegan with chicken and fish allowed. 

A shout out to all my buddies here.  Sending hopes for windows. 

[a0...]