You will heal too!

[ce...]

OK CEDER ok every boddy 100 percent healed now, thx for you all and fore you cedar you did help me alot and for every body its going away iam now me 100 percent after this hell iwas at iam gonna wait little fore my success story so iam sure nothing change

What!?  This is amazing Hoda! I am just so happy for you.  I hope you have a very healthy, happy and successful life!  :smitten:

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ce...]

• [...]

• [Sk...]

• [tu...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much for getting back to me Cedar. Yes, I am still taking 50 mg. Seroquel for sleep. I would really love to get off it too. I really don't know what symptoms it may be giving me, I've been taking it for quite awhile while on other drugs too so I cant tell what was doing what. Do you have any experience with this or any thoughts if and when I should get off? I am sleeping 6-8 hrs. On it and feel like I've been falling asleep sooner than I used to.

I did ask for advice on the other meds board and recieved minimal response.

This gives me hope. Not quite three months in, and I'm still housebound and feeling like hell. My worst fear is that my loved ones will die and I will have to go out! I wake up at 3am with this terror ... I can't even go down the road to the shop. But I'm hanging in there.

When I have to go to a meeting, I take a beta blocker. Unfortunately, since 20+ years of benzos caused my gums to leak saliva, I try not to take anything because it exacerbates the drooling, which is only now starting to lessen, very slowly. I am truly in the worst hell ever ... I'm a cancer survivor and, believe me, that was like a piece of cake next to this. Luckily I am self-employed and can work at home all day. Only one job lost - the rest I've kept.

I am so proud of you, Cedar, and wish that one day I will say the same thing ... I'm not giving up!

Thanks so much for getting back to me Cedar. Yes, I am still taking 50 mg. Seroquel for sleep. I would really love to get off it too. I really don't know what symptoms it may be giving me, I've been taking it for quite awhile while on other drugs too so I cant tell what was doing what. Do you have any experience with this or any thoughts if and when I should get off? I am sleeping 6-8 hrs. On it and feel like I've been falling asleep sooner than I used to.

I did ask for advice on the other meds board and recieved minimal response.

My experience with Seroquel was terrible and of course I would say that getting off of it as soon as possible is your best bet to a full recovery.  But, only you can decide this for yourself.  Maybe do some online research about the types of symptoms and wd it can create might help you make a good decision.  Its important to keep ourselves extremely well informed about any medications we decide to take. Personally I think its a horrid drug and the damage it can do is not worth anything, not sleep, not anything.  But that is only my experience. My health only fully restored once I got off all psych drugs.  Now I'm healty, whole and happy. 

This gives me hope. Not quite three months in, and I'm still housebound and feeling like hell. My worst fear is that my loved ones will die and I will have to go out! I wake up at 3am with this terror ... I can't even go down the road to the shop. But I'm hanging in there.

When I have to go to a meeting, I take a beta blocker. Unfortunately, since 20+ years of benzos caused my gums to leak saliva, I try not to take anything because it exacerbates the drooling, which is only now starting to lessen, very slowly. I am truly in the worst hell ever ... I'm a cancer survivor and, believe me, that was like a piece of cake next to this. Luckily I am self-employed and can work at home all day. Only one job lost - the rest I've kept.

I am so proud of you, Cedar, and wish that one day I will say the same thing ... I'm not giving up!

Maggie, I agree that this is the worst hell ever. I'm amazed that you are able to work, even from home.  Give yourself credit for that. That's a very big deal.  Just know that recovery is coming. Everything you're facing is temporary.  I'm so happy to hear you're not giving up.  You've got the right attitude and that will take you all the way!

Lots of love!!!    :smitten:

Hi Cedar, May I ask why you were taking seroquel and how much. What was so terrible about it for you?

I was only taking it because I was having problems with benzo wd and the doctor and I didn't know it.  The side effects were just horrible. I don't remember details, but it was unbearable.  I didn't take it very long, so there was no taper. 

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/seroquel-side-effects.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetiapine

Hey Cedar..

Just wanted to say I am feeling better and better as I continue a smooth steady taper.  I am so grateful for that.  Hope you are well.  :)  :smitten:

-SZ-

hi cedartree,

besides the physical symptoms, will i recover my old brain back in terms of cognition, memory, perception/memory, speed, thinking ability, and etc.. (all the normal brain power.)

this is my biggest concern now.

Hey Cedar..

Just wanted to say I am feeling better and better as I continue a smooth steady taper.  I am so grateful for that.  Hope you are well.  :)  :smitten:

-SZ-

Hey Skyzone!  So good to hear this!  Keep up the great work.  You'll be free soon!  :smitten:

hi cedartree,

besides the physical symptoms, will i recover my old brain back in terms of cognition, memory, perception/memory, speed, thinking ability, and etc.. (all the normal brain power.)

Hey Pacific.

I do believe so. It takes awhile, but it does come back. This was my biggest concern too by the way.  :smitten:

hi cedartree,

Hey Pacific.

I do believe so. It takes awhile, but it does come back. This was my biggest concern too by the way.  :smitten:

hi angel,

tried to be optimistic for last 13 months despite all those horrendous symptoms. just can't keep up the good spirit or hope any longer. it's non stop action of one after another with about 40 different existing symptoms.

i need some major break soon to continue.

truly sorry for all those venting angel.

Pacific, I completely understand.  :'(  Sometimes we ned to just cry it out. This whole thing just beats us up.  But you have to keep moving forward. There is no alternative.

Its just too early off benzo's to expect full health just yet.  I know you've suffered for 13 months, believe me I know, I've been there too. I missed out on my families lives for several years because of wd.  This is where you have to start searching for new alternative methods of coping with depression and anxiety.  Its not easy.  It was the hardest thing I ever did.  And, when you're just too worn out and too beat up, try to find healthy ways of distracting yourself from all of this.  Watching movies was a lifesaver for me because I just couldn't spend any time thinking about my own misery.  It was just too terrible.

Sending you lots of love.  I know you will get through this.  :smitten:

hi cedartree,

love reading your posts, seroquel gave me the rest. they've put me on this shit after a 2wks rapid detox. i ended up with a pharmak. parkinson syndr. thought i am gonna be disabled.

as you said ine has to really be informed about every med. under the sun before taking one.

i have'nt seen a doctor for the last 6 months. my best gp is claudia and the experience of other sufferers.

keep on posting please

Ig claudia

Hi Pacific,

I want to encourage you to keep pressing on no matter what. I have been dealing with all this for over 7 years now. The last 4 years I have felt such despair everyday, the process totally overwhelms.

I have had 7 week long psych hospitalizations, been on and off 16 different psych meds with insane side effects. Almost everyday for years I asked God to heal me or take me.

BUT, now I know what's wrong and I am on the healing path! I didn't know for years why I was so sick, if and when it would end. Yes, withdrawal and recovery are beyond words difficult but we have to hold onto the fact that there is an end, maybe closer than we think , and that life will be good again.

A buddy once said she thinks hoplessness is a symptom and I agree. So don't give into that symptom either, its all a lie.

We jumped around the same time, from what others here are saying healing can easily be around the corner at 4,,5and 6 mos off. You have Hung in this long, just one more minute, hour and day!

Pacific, I completely understand.  :'(  Sometimes we ned to just cry it out. This whole thing just beats us up.  But you have to keep moving forward. There is no alternative.

Its just too early off benzo's to expect full health just yet.  I know you've suffered for 13 months, believe me I know, I've been there too. I missed out on my families lives for several years because of wd.  This is where you have to start searching for new alternative methods of coping with depression and anxiety.  Its not easy.  It was the hardest thing I ever did.  And, when you're just too worn out and too beat up, try to find healthy ways of distracting yourself from all of this.  Watching movies was a lifesaver for me because I just couldn't spend any time thinking about my own misery.  It was just too terrible.

Sending you lots of love.  I know you will get through this.  :smitten:

trying to pass the time everyday, and it's getting harder and harder. just do not know how to handle this anymore.

hi cedartree,

love reading your posts, seroquel gave me the rest. they've put me on this shit after a 2wks rapid detox. i ended up with a pharmak. parkinson syndr. thought i am gonna be disabled.

as you said ine has to really be informed about every med. under the sun before taking one.

i have'nt seen a doctor for the last 6 months. my best gp is claudia and the experience of other sufferers.

keep on posting please

Ig claudia

Hi Claudia. I'm sorry to hear this. I really hope you get feeling a lot better soon.  It takes time, but it will be worth it to feel better again.

Lots of love  :smitten:

Hi Pacific,

I want to encourage you to keep pressing on no matter what. I have been dealing with all this for over 7 years now. The last 4 years I have felt such despair everyday, the process totally overwhelms.

I have had 7 week long psych hospitalizations, been on and off 16 different psych meds with insane side effects. Almost everyday for years I asked God to heal me or take me.

BUT, now I know what's wrong and I am on the healing path! I didn't know for years why I was so sick, if and when it would end. Yes, withdrawal and recovery are beyond words difficult but we have to hold onto the fact that there is an end, maybe closer than we think , and that life will be good again.

A buddy once said she thinks hoplessness is a symptom and I agree. So don't give into that symptom either, its all a lie.

We jumped around the same time, from what others here are saying healing can easily be around the corner at 4,,5and 6 mos off. You have Hung in this long, just one more minute, hour and day!

Great post Hopeful.  I could have written this myself.  Its so great to see you encouraging others. 

Love ya,

Cedar  :smitten:

Thanks Cedar,

I go from being desperately needy and whiny around here to trying to encourage. I need to hear it just as much as anyone and sometimes when you say it yourself it sinks in more.

Hearing it from you means a lot!

Thanks Cedar,

I go from being desperately needy and whiny around here to trying to encourage. I need to hear it just as much as anyone and sometimes when you say it yourself it sinks in more.

Hearing it from you means a lot!

Absolutely! What we speak out loud impacts us directly in what we end up believing. That's why you need to say this over and over again.  I'd encourage you to keep encouraging others.  Its very theraputic for you and will help others.  Win Win!  ;)

BTW, we all get desperate, needy and whiny. Benzo wd is hell and desperation is par for the course. The key is to try not to get stuck in the mire.

Pacific,

Sorry to hear about what you are going through.  I realize you are almost through your taper, but have you considered a cross-over to Valium, per Ashton manual?  Klonopin, in my opinion, is much harder to do a taper with.

Hang in there...you can do this!!! 

Millions of people have quit and conquered this...you can too!

• 3 weeks later...
Was curious if you were still getting waves into your 8th month? I am 8 1/2 months out and still have symptoms that stop me in my tracks. They come one after the other (3) and then cause anxiety and depression. The days I don't have these 3 symptoms I am feeling good to great (close to if not 100%) Just trying to feel hope about this horrible journey ending. Seems like I need to keep having a wave to get a good day. My waves last around 24 hours and my windows last approximately the same.

Hi Jazzy.  Yes, I was still sick with anxiety and depression on and off at 8 months.  I often felt discouraged too, but tried to console myself by looking at how many symptoms had already disappeared.  I wonder though, did you taper with your Klonopin or stop it cold turkey.  This can effect length of wd symptoms and intensity.  I've known many people who have cold turkeyed and still healed, so please don't lose hope.  Try to focus only on how far you've come and enjoy the moments when you feel well.  Soon the good days will outnumber the bad days I promise.  My days are great now! 

Much love,

Cedar  :smitten:

No I didn't cold turkey. I titrated off at the direction of a holistic psychiatrist. I am just feeling down now about this whole situation. My body feels off and I never felt this way prior to taking K. So scarey. Tx for your encouragement.

That's really great that you titrated.  I know people here who are trying really hard to get of K and need help.  Can you post your taper plan so that we could help them do it too?  I know symptoms can still be really bad at 8 months off, so don't lose hope.  Healing does take a lot of time. 

Wishing you all the best Jazzy!  :smitten: