You will heal too!

[ce...]

Annie, withdrawal can bring the strongest men to their knees.  Don't expect to be able to handle this at 100% capacity.  Its hell and you're right that it's just something we just have to go through.  There's no way under it, over it or around it.  WD sucks!  Its okay to be mad, emotional and feel those feelings you're feeling.  Its par for the course.  And, you're right that knowing all of this stuff in your head doesn't change the fact that you're in the middle of it right now.  You really sound like you're handling it pretty well at the moment which is fantastic!  Its one miserable day at a time until you're out of it.  You're going to get there and so will everyone else if they just give this the time needed. 

I'm wishing you health, happiness and a full recovery!

Much love,

Cedar

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ce...]

• [...]

• [Sk...]

• [tu...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Cedar,

Thank you so much for the encouraging post! I am following my doctor's plan to help me get off the .5mg of clonazepam I was put on for virtually the same reasons you were. I began to try to ween off the med myself. I got all the way down to a 1/4 of a pill a day by myself. Was it easy? No. Then it got terrible. So, a little over a week ago I met with my Dr. to have him aid me in the nightmare process.

Reading your post today reminds me I can do this! I have the support of my dear husband and a few confidential friends. I can't wait for this to be behind me,

Thank You and Congratulations,

Those are some pretty chunky cuts sky, yes you are almost there. But how are you feeling from your last cut now three days into it? I know I couldnt pull off a 0.12mg cut at the lower end of my taper, I've had to whittle my weekly cuts down to 0.3mg as I close in on the end of my taper. Has the end of your taper been eaiser, harder, or roughly the same is early/mid taper for you?

You can smell the taste of freedom, yes? :thumbsup:

Those are some pretty chunky cuts sky, yes you are almost there. But how are you feeling from your last cut now three days into it? I know I couldnt pull off a 0.12mg cut at the lower end of my taper, I've had to whittle my weekly cuts down to 0.3mg as I close in on the end of my taper. Has the end of your taper been eaiser, harder, or roughly the same is early/mid taper for you?

You can smell the taste of freedom, yes? :thumbsup:

I feel great!  Better than I have in years.

-sz-

Cedar,

Thank you so much for the encouraging post! I am following my doctor's plan to help me get off the .5mg of clonazepam I was put on for virtually the same reasons you were. I began to try to ween off the med myself. I got all the way down to a 1/4 of a pill a day by myself. Was it easy? No. Then it got terrible. So, a little over a week ago I met with my Dr. to have him aid me in the nightmare process.

Reading your post today reminds me I can do this! I have the support of my dear husband and a few confidential friends. I can't wait for this to be behind me,

Thank You and Congratulations,

Ah yes, Klonopin.  I'm so glad you have such a wonderful support system.  Everyone needs one, especially in this mess.  You're going to be free too, just keep your eye on the prize and remember to taper slow.

Wishing you health and happiness!  :smitten:

[ff...]

Hi Cedar,

Thinking of you and wanted to say thank you for continuing to be such a wonderful support here on BB. You're a star.

I can't believe I am nearly 3 years free and I would say nearly a year of being well. I met up with a former chat room BB friend last week. We met once last year as well. I recall telling him last year - when I was two years off - that I was 90% healed. When we met this year I told him that I really am 100% now, last year I was probably more like 75%-80%. It's amazing that I was on a total of 14 months and it really has taken nearly 3 years to be totally fully healed. I'm grateful to have my life back.

Thinking of you and sending you love and endless healing vibes!  :smitten:

Melo x

I just wanted to say thanks for posting your success story. I'm just a week shy of being six months off a c/t of 30 mgs. of Valium that I took for 15+ years.

I was feeling very frustrated that, as I approach six months, I still don't feel "connected" to the world. I go for walks every morning and I hate how it seems as if there is a haze separating me from being in touch with the "real world."

I know I have come a long ways in six months, but I'm just concerned that I'll never get better. I guess I just have to hang in there and keep reading stories like yours to find the inspiration to just keep on doing this.

Thanks for the inspiration.

and a huge thank you going out there to everyone posting successes.  I slept close to 6! yes six! hours last night!  and my legs and feet did not turn into painful rocks - not once - and I am only at 50% anxiety this morning and today is day 67 off klonopin. 

haven't had a meltdown in 2 days but even when I do meltdown it's nowhere near as bad as it was in the beginning.

Misophonia is still off the charts but I do not use headphones or earplugs at night anymore and the music at night is on a timer so the sleep is more healing.  The w/d induced phonophobia is waning.

I know there is much more ahead of me and healing is not linear, but the really bad nightmare is over. 

some people would post this "the other way around" but that kind of thinking does not serve me at all, right?!

we will see what we look for - I look for growth and healing!!!!

Hey Melo, Tex and Annie.  I love hearing these stories of healing!  Whether you're at the beginning of the process, in the middle or at the end of the journey, healing is coming.  Its slow, but its coming.

Melo, so happy you're fully recovered! These are the stories people need to hear. Everyone needs hope!

Tex and Annie, its coming. Wishing you all the best in the world!

Love,

Cedar  :smitten:

I truly adore your story.  I love that fact that you healed 100% in months.  I have before as well, but stupidity is not even the word for me getting hooked on benzos again.  This story is filled with practical advice and hope.  Thank you so much for coming around to share still.

Hey Cedar!  I am DONE!! Done with my taper! 

Just thought I would let you know. 

It seems like just yesterday when you and I had out first conversation on here.

-SZ-

-

Dear Cedartree

Thank you so much for posting your your success story.  I know it was last year but I am new to BB and just found your posting which is just what I needed today as I am feeling very hopeless, fearful and don't think I will ever heal.  Can't cope positively.  The bad anxiety, muscle tremors are horrible.  I am 68 years old and this is the hardest thing I've ever had to face in my life ...to think the doctor that I trusted gave me these pills for insomnia makes me both angry and betrayed.  I've just spent an hour reading all the answering posts and what wonderful, supportive folks are here on BB.  I 'm so touched and my heart aches for us all.  I hope and pray that I can have some of the courage and positive thoughts I have just read.  I know my attitude is making my recovery so much harder. 

Thank you for coming back and sharing with us and I wish more folks would as we all need good news and hope.  Wishing you the best and a wonderful Thanksgiving to you and everyone here on BB.

Dear Cedartree

Thank you so much for posting your your success story.  I know it was last year but I am new to BB and just found your posting which is just what I needed today as I am feeling very hopeless, fearful and don't think I will ever heal.  Can't cope positively.  The bad anxiety, muscle tremors are horrible.  I am 68 years old and this is the hardest thing I've ever had to face in my life ...to think the doctor that I trusted gave me these pills for insomnia makes me both angry and betrayed.  I've just spent an hour reading all the answering posts and what wonderful, supportive folks are here on BB.  I 'm so touched and my heart aches for us all.  I hope and pray that I can have some of the courage and positive thoughts I have just read.  I know my attitude is making my recovery so much harder. 

Thank you for coming back and sharing with us and I wish more folks would as we all need good news and hope.  Wishing you the best and a wonderful Thanksgiving to you and everyone here on BB.

Just read your post, Galea - welcome to BB. There are some amazing folk here, sympathetic and helpful. We are all going through the same thing (or have been through it). Well done for taking the step to come off benzos and hope your journey won't be too difficult. We are here to listen!

I truly adore your story.  I love that fact that you healed 100% in months.  I have before as well, but stupidity is not even the word for me getting hooked on benzos again.  This story is filled with practical advice and hope.  Thank you so much for coming around to share still.

Hey Justincredible.  Great name!  Thank you for stopping in.  Don't beat yourself up, its a long process and its very common to start taking them again out of desperation.  Getting off benzo's can be the hardest thing you'll ever do.  It will be worth it to be free!

Wishing you the best!

Cedar

Hey Cedar!  I am DONE!! Done with my taper! 

Just thought I would let you know. 

It seems like just yesterday when you and I had out first conversation on here.

-SZ-

-

WHAT!?  So happy for you SZ!  Congrats!  I really hope you're feeling better.  I'm so happy to hear you are free from this.

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!  :smitten:

Dear Cedartree

Galea, there is hope!  I personally know someone your age who has healed from benzo withdrawal as you're describing.  You can heal at any age. 

I understand feeling betrayed and angry.  It's very normal to feel this way when we are taught to trust our doctors.  You are your best advocate and you can get through this.  It really is a temporary situation and you will feel good again.  The thing that helped me the most was reading the success stories.  It helped me so much to know that if others could heal, I could heal too. 

Also, it is very hard to keep a positive attitude when you are so sick.  The drug itself can really mess with your emotions. 

You're in my prayers and I hope you get well from this very soon!

Hugs,

Cedar  :smitten:

;)thank you cedar tree and maggie6117.  Tough day...not able to celebrate with family.  But trying to keep hopeful and positive.  Not easy as you know.  Hope you are both enjoying this day and feeling well and happy.  Best wishes and again, thank you for the support and encouragement...it is so needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Galea. Sorry I missed your post.  I hope you're doing a bit better now.  Holidays are always hard when you're sick and everyone else is having a good time.  Try to rest and know that this is temporary. Next year the holidays will be a lot more fun.

Much love,

Cedar    :smitten:

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for coming back to support us, cedartree.  Your story is very similar to mine thus far, and it really helps me to read your success story. 

:smitten:

Thank you for coming back to support us, cedartree.  Your story is very similar to mine thus far, and it really helps me to read your success story. 

:smitten:

Hi Babyrex.  Wishing you health and wholeness for the new year!  :smitten: