You will heal too!

[ce...]

Hi Cedar

I think there is a tricky balance on this taper thing.  I have had no relief in agoraphobia along the way.  What I do notice is that physical symptoms get worse the faster I go.  I am worl

King now so I must go slow enough to manage that but I expect to be layed off the beginning of June and I may speed up a bit at that point.  We will see.

Everyone is so different so comparisons are difficult.  It is good to weigh the ranges.  What I do know is each day I take a small step forward toward being off. 

Thank you so much for your input and support,

Golden

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ce...]

• [...]

• [Sk...]

• [tu...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, like everyone has said...going through arough patch and needed to read this.  2 months out now, had an amazing window yesterday and taking today's bad wave hard.  I so needed to read your post!  When the waves hit is seems almost impossible to feel the belief that it is getting better and will continue to! 

Thank you, like everyone has said...going through arough patch and needed to read this.  2 months out now, had an amazing window yesterday and taking today's bad wave hard.  I so needed to read your post!  When the waves hit is seems almost impossible to feel the belief that it is getting better and will continue to!

Hello Lostmefindingme.

I know it's hard to believe you'll get well when the symptoms are this bad. Try to stay encouraged as much as possible. This is all temporary.

Lots of love!

Cedar  :smitten:

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so I'm having a day off and visiting my buddies. 

I can only hope and pray that you all become free of this soon because it feels amazing!  I am so blessed to have survived this and regained my full health. 

Love you all!    :smitten:

You're a great inspiration Cedartree ! Thanks for coming back to encourage us. Congratulations on 3 yrs ! That is so amazing !

You're a great inspiration Cedartree ! Thanks for coming back to encourage us. Congratulations on 3 yrs ! That is so amazing !

Hello Lou! Thank you for this. Three years off psych drugs feels amazing.  Should have done this years ago.  :smitten:

Congrats, Cedar!  I can't wait to be off of these things as well.  My first go round with meds was 2012, and I already can't wait to be done with them. 

Would you say that your body healed completely from them, and that you feel how you recalled feeling before you ever put them into your body?  Does it all come back?  Have a blessed weekend!

Redeemed. 

Hey Cedar.  I made it down to 1.625mg.  I feel great too.  That micro tapering stuff was wasted time for me and made me feel like crap.  I finally have found my taper plan that is working. 

Hope you are well.

-SZ-

Congrats, Cedar!  I can't wait to be off of these things as well.  My first go round with meds was 2012, and I already can't wait to be done with them. 

Would you say that your body healed completely from them, and that you feel how you recalled feeling before you ever put them into your body?  Does it all come back?  Have a blessed weekend!

Redeemed.

Redeemed!  I feel so good all the time and know that I've fully recovered.  It's hard to say what I felt like before all of this because that was too many years ago to remember.  What I do know is that I am now feeling better than most people I know who've never taken benzo's or other psych meds.  Everyday is a gift and will be for you too.  Yes, you will recoer and it does all come back.  :)

Have a blessed weekend too!

Hey Cedar.  I made it down to 1.625mg.  I feel great too.  That micro tapering stuff was wasted time for me and made me feel like crap.  I finally have found my taper plan that is working. 

Hope you are well.

-SZ-

Awesome Skyzone!  I am so happy to hear this. Keep up the positive updates. I love hearing it.

Have a great weekend my friend!!!  :smitten:

C-

Doing so much better.  Still have a bit of trouble driving with a lot of fast traffic (freeways), so I just leave it alone, but the rest has left - hooray!

I just got a p/t job and am so ready to get working again.  I am feeling really well.  I can't wait to be back into the full swing of my life again.  It has been a long and tough year!

I am 15 months into this thing on the 10th.  Who could have imagined that a bad reaction to a prescribed and never abused medication could cause so much havoc to a healthy person.  Not me, until I experienced it first hand.  What a journey!  To all of you finding your way and wondering if your body can heal from this, it absolutely does and you definitely can.

Thanks for all of your support.

Warmly,

TG

hii cedar, how are you my friend iam 16 months off now so close to 100 % normal  ijust have normal stress this days , ihope u ok and every thing is going right

hi Cedartree: I am doing much better. I feel healing taking place. My symptoms are occurring with less duration and many times with less intensity. My better times, hours are increasing. My sleep on a whole is better. I have less nights of bad sleep. My down feelings are getting somewhat better. I know I have to be patient. It is hard, when you want to get back to yourself so badly. I work, socialize, have a good appetite, eat healthy and sleep between 6-8 hours about 5 nights a week and about 4 hours 2 nights a week. It sounds like I am moving in the right direction...just so slow.  :)

Hey Hoda and SZ.  So happy that you are doing so well Hoda.  I know it hasn't been easy.  :thumbsup:

Jazzy, so good to hear you're on your way out of this mes.  One day at a time and before you know it you'll be feeling terrific!  :smitten:

Hi Cedar, I am jumping  in here after reading your success story probably 100 times. You seem so willing to answer questions so far out I thought I would give it a shot. After 7 years use of Appr. 1.25 mg. K-pin I tapered for 3 mos. And am now benzo free for just over 5 weeks. My question is regarding depression. I see you took benzoss for depression and anxiety. You didn't mention depression as a side effect or if it lifted now, I asssume it did because you are doing so well.

I had never had depression befor benzos and it hit me hard after 3 1/2 yrs. Use and has not let up but for a few days. It has gotten more severe during taper and healing, very dark and scary.

Could you please tell me your experience with this. AD's and antipsychotics have not worked through the years. I would like to assume that seeing I didnt have depression before benzodiazapine this is just a nasty side effect.

Thankyou for sticking around for us newbies, you are amazing!

Hi Hopeful.  At 5 weeks benzo free, things are still pretty rough for most or many people. Depression is a wicked effect of the drug and wd.  Many people suffer from this.  The depression I had while on these meds is now completely gone.  I'm guessing if you didn't suffer from depression before you'll very likely not be depressed once this wd is over.  It's a normal wd symptom.

Hopeful-one, stay hopeful.  There is lots of hope for all of us who've had the misfortune of long term use of benzo's and other psych drugs.  Stay the course, work hard to keep healthy and you'll recover.  It takes time, but there's nothing in this world compared to good health and feeling well everyday.  :)

C-

Started a part time job last week and my symptoms (visual overload/boaty/dizzy)  have been revved up since.  Was feeling quite good before and I am hoping this is just a temporary thing.  Would love your insight.  I am a bit discouraged to be contending with this at 15 months off.

Warmly,

TG

I had two phenomenal days last weekend. I felt amazing all day. Slept 8 1/2 hours. Post those two days I am getting more vibrations, more nerve pain and felt depressed today- haven't had depression for the past 4 days. I feel like my body is punishing me for giving me great days. I realize my body is healing, but why are the symptoms getting more pronounced? Is this normal?

I had two phenomenal days last weekend. I felt amazing all day. Slept 8 1/2 hours. Post those two days I am getting more vibrations, more nerve pain and felt depressed today- haven't had depression for the past 4 days. I feel like my body is punishing me for giving me great days. I realize my body is healing, but why are the symptoms getting more pronounced? Is this normal?

hi jazzy,

this is speculation only.

have heard from other people that we should not get too excited until fully recover. this includes joy and happiness. all those good emotions are also stimulating our nervous system. i have experienced for myself too. it definetly sucks.

keep remembering that you are only few steps away from the finish line. :hug:

Hi pacific. Didn't really do anything different those 2 great days that I don't do any other day. I do stuff pretty much every day. I was so relaxed and that is how I usually am. I never had any anxiety or depression before and those 2 days felt so normal to me. I felt like myself. The tranquility was what was amazing.