• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ce...]

• [...]

• [Sk...]

• [tu...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you cedartree. I appreciate your support. I have times when I feel really good and then I am stricken with this hell. I titrated off most of the .50 mg, but the doctor who got me off said that it was causing more harm and was not doing me any good and never did, to be on it. Honestly, I have the same symptoms- to a lesser degree then when I was on it. To a much lesser degree; however, it is still awful.

hi Cedar,

At what point did you stop having muscle aches and pains?

Glad you have healed...blessings!

Hey Carebear. I had pain up until I was about 10 months off.  I know this is really different for everyone.  Try taking a warm bath, and use a heating pad alternating with ice packs. That helped me a lot.

:)

Thank you cedartree. I appreciate your support. I have times when I feel really good and then I am stricken with this hell. I titrated off most of the .50 mg, but the doctor who got me off said that it was causing more harm and was not doing me any good and never did, to be on it. Honestly, I have the same symptoms- to a lesser degree then when I was on it. To a much lesser degree; however, it is still awful.

Any pain that keeps recurring is very awful and it sucks that you have to go through this. No one should have to suffer for so many months after doing what their doctor said to do. I mean if a professional says it's safe, then of course we're going to think it's safe. I really hope you turn a corner soon.  :smitten:

Thank-u so much cedartree. I hope the cornor is right around the bend. Best wishes to you.

Let us know how you do Jazzy!  :smitten:

I resume my taper tomorrow.  I am kind of scared.

Don't be scared SZ. You've done so great so far! I know you'll get through this okay.  :smitten:

[fd...]

Hey lovely lady

remember the times you were there for me always grateful to you especially today xoxoxox

hope your amazingly well

Hey Cedar

How is it going for you?  Thanks again for all of your help.  I also resumed my taper a few days ago but at a slower pace.  Still have symptoms and I am not really able to exercise but I do get to work.  I guess that is something.

Have a great day,

Golden

Hey Lizzy!  Good to see you pop in!  Hope you're enjoying your life more now than ever!  :smitten:

Hi Golden. Wow! You amaze me that you're still working. Sounds like slowing down is working for you.  As long as you're still making cuts and getting off of it.......all will be well!  Hugs!!!  :)

My heart-rate goes up at times and it scares me but I know it is from anxiety or my brain healing or staring to adjust with less medicine.  I just don't want to be scared.  It's not that bad I am just hypochondriac.  It is prob beating at times around 80-120.  No more than that.  and not all the time ether.  So I wish I wouldn't worry so much about it.  I am only dropping 0.125mg every 2 weeks.  This is day 3 of first dose reduction so that might be the case with each reduction. 

-SZ-

SZ, it actually doesn't sound that bad. I will say this though. You are tapering really fast.  .125 mg's K is a high dose to cut at a time.  I'd use a compounding pharmacy or try titration to make those reductions a little smaller. But, if your'e doing okay then don't worry. 

Sounds like very normal wd.  Have a nice restful weekend!!!  :smitten:

15 months, still same, just my nerves so high little thinges make me jump and it take me little but if ihear any noise to realize whereits coming from 8ther than that normal

Hey Hoda!  Good to see you here.  Man I'm sorry you're still struggling with nerves.  Hope you take some time to relax once in awhile.  I cannot believe it's been 15 months!  Wow, time flies when you're having fun.  :D

It will get better still, just keep hanging in there.

Take care my friend!!!    :smitten:

Thx cedar, iwas ok all this time, untill itoke black seed oile it an herb man itoke that panick atack in the same day ididnt get that since almost 7 months

Greeting CedatTree,

My body is handling the 0.125mg cuts much better than the micro tapering cuts I was doing for so long.  So much suffering!  I felt twice as bad from a 2% dose reduction than a whole 10% reduction.  I suppose every one's body is different.  This is what is working for me and I don't think that 0.125 mg down every 2 weeks is cutting too fast.  Thanks for your support. 

-SZ-

Greeting CedatTree,

My body is handling the 0.125mg cuts much better than the micro tapering cuts I was doing for so long.  So much suffering!  I felt twice as bad from a 2% dose reduction than a whole 10% reduction.  I suppose every one's body is different.  This is what is working for me and I don't think that 0.125 mg down every 2 weeks is cutting too fast.  Thanks for your support. 

-SZ-

Awesome! So glad it's working well for you. You gotta do what works for you and it sounds like you found your rhythm.

You'll be benzo free soon!  :thumbsup:

Thx cedar, iwas ok all this time, untill itoke black seed oile it an herb man itoke that panick atack in the same day ididnt get that since almost 7 months

Hadn't heard of black seed oil before. Looks like it's used for lots of different things.

Hope you feel better soon. You just never know what's going to set you back from time to time.

Take care Hoda!!!  :)

Cedar, u have said that sleep hygiene helped u tremendously during ur withdrawals.  i was wondering if u had issues waking after 4 hrs or so of sleep for the first few months of being benzo free.  i hav had this issue.  i have also had some good windows of 6 or even 7 hrs of sleep over the last secveral weeks but canniot maintain it.  if u had this problem how did u deal with it.  thanks so much............mark

Cedar, u have said that sleep hygiene helped u tremendously during ur withdrawals.  i was wondering if u had issues waking after 4 hrs or so of sleep for the first few months of being benzo free.  i hav had this issue.  i have also had some good windows of 6 or even 7 hrs of sleep over the last secveral weeks but canniot maintain it.  if u had this problem how did u deal with it.  thanks so much............mark

Hey Mark. My sleep was pretty miserable at one month off. If I remember correctly, I was lucky to get 4 hours a night for several months. I always woke up several times every night.  It actually sounds like you're off to a pretty good start. The fact that you sometimes get 6-7 hours is a great sign of healing to come.  Don't lose hope because sleep does come back the further we get from being off benzo's.

Things that helped me sleep were:

No TV at least 1 hour before bed.

Keeping the room dark; no cell phone light, i-pods, computers, etc.

No napping during the day.

Going to bed and waking up at the same time everyday (yes, weekends included).

Eating healthy whole foods.

Avoiding heavy meals late in the evening.

A little bit of excercise in the day really helps with sleep.

I hope this helps you some. 

Hope your sleep gets better soon!  :smitten:

Cedar

Do you remember when the agoraphobia went away and you started getting your motivation back?  It hasn't for me yet but I am hoping it will be sometime soon.

Best wishes

Golden

Cedar

Do you remember when the agoraphobia went away and you started getting your motivation back?  It hasn't for me yet but I am hoping it will be sometime soon.

Best wishes

Golden

Hi Golden. It wasn't until I got off benzo's that the agoraphobia began to get better. But I will say that I was highly motivated to get well and to conquer the wd after being horribly sick and bedridden for so long. All I wanted to do was get my life back.  But, I wasn't able to really do this until I got off the meds.